Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 1, 2018 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
The pacing is a bit everywhere and the character introduction was way too quick but it's not bad so far. I'm in love with the sound and visuals. Hearing my fave seiyuu voice one of the two main characters is a treat too.
Dec 26, 2018 4:42 AM

Sep 2018
The beginning is more than promising, as it was for many productions of the IG Studio. The desire to see it was thanks to the style that reminded me of "Ballroom" and its animation studio. The characters are all interesting and fun, especially the character of Haiji. Very beautiful backgrounds, very fluid animations.
Jan 17, 2019 2:06 PM
Sep 2018
I feel like running now!! I'm going for a run now bc this show is inspiring me.
Jan 19, 2019 6:11 AM
May 2009
Went checking first episode of the anime because I'm an avid runner myself and participated in a couple Ekiden (not the crazy long types like Hakone though but I'd love to).

Absolutely nothing about running there, 8 of the characters probably never ran even, preview of episode 2 doesn't seem to show anything either and the writing seems to imply it's more a character driven series where we'll see each one of them gradually accept going into running after being harassed/coerced by the "always in a good mood character".

I'll give it a few more episodes but the running part, like in many others sports anime, only seems to be there to differentiate it from others guys bonding anime targeting fujoshi audience, I guess it's me that had misplaced expectations from the start, too bad..
Apr 10, 2019 8:15 AM

May 2017
yup this looks good. Sweet juicy animation, interesting characters and a new fresh plot that I have never seen before. I don't need anything else.

Seems like Production I.G is back on 'track' after the mediocre ballroom.

The ending song is extremely good.

Little overwhelmed with the character introductions. I'm generally already bad with names and hearing so many new names at once overwhelmed me.
May 5, 2019 5:52 AM

Dec 2013
Oh, first EP is really interesting. As what OP mentioned, art reminds me of Haikyuu!. So far all the characters were introduced, I wonder how they will develop throughout the series. Haiji is pretty cool tho, but I wonder if the guys will agree to run with him.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 8, 2019 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Interesting start, I can see many rivalries in that apartment.
May 20, 2019 8:33 AM

May 2013
My friend has this ending song in his playlist and it plays at our board game nights and I was OBSESSED with it (still am; it's always my replay song, ironically similar to the title Reset hahaha)

Thought I'd go ahead and watch the anime too :D my first running series, I believe X) I used to go jogging in the mornings with my ex. Maybe throughout this series I'll pick it up again heheh :P definitely was a refreshing hobby to do. Love cardio <3
Aug 1, 2019 4:22 PM
Apr 2016
Interesting first episode I must say. The set up is nice, that's for sure. Never seen a running sports anime yet, so I'm pretty excited.
Sep 5, 2019 5:29 PM

Sep 2018
Full of random people for track and field club lol Haiji is very positive person, I like him.. but still he's a mysterious guy.

And also, they are so thinnnnn!!! I'm scared for their health especially Prince haha

I see Kageyama to Kakeru >,< they have something in common.
Sep 27, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2015
Seems interesting, will give it a watch!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 18, 2020 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Kurahara this episode has been my mood for the entirety of 11th grade.
Jul 5, 2020 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
This is actually my 4th rewatch but I never got a chance to really sit down and write a review. I watched kazetsuyo for the first time last year in April, then again in June and November. Now, half a year later, I am rewatching it again. Kazetsuyo holds a special place in my heart because it got me through a dark time in my life and so when I feel down I rewatch it again to remember the story's message.

Now, specifically for episode one once again I am impressed by the non-linear storytelling, which I feel really brings out Kakeru's state of mind. I also love all the "mundane everyday life" details and quiet moments throughout this episode, from the onsen scenes to the inaka food Haiji cooked to the vending machine. I think these details and the way the shot isn't always on the character really helps emphasize the environment and makes it real to the audience.

At the end of the episode, we see Kakeru run in the dark of the early morning and past a cemetery. Then, he sees Haiji and notices his scar on his leg. Then Kakeru challenges Haiji's idea that they can run the Hakone Ekiden and turns to leave to the shadows, but Haiji's words stop him and the shot cuts to Haiji being back lit by the sun. When Kakeru turns to look at Haiji because Haiji challenges him, he is hit with the light. I think this symbolizes Kakeru recognizing Haiji (maybe as a threat because he knows his past, but definitely some shock and doubt), and that the wheels have begun to turn and Haiji's plan to win them over has started.

Also on a side note, I really love how Haiji's seiyuu captures Haiji's personality and I cannot imagine any other seiyuu voicing him. There is something about the way he talks that just carries so much emotion, expression, and the nuances of the character.
Jul 24, 2020 4:34 AM

Dec 2013
Hello Kageyama, how are you?

great start imo - can't wait to watch more :D
Dec 12, 2020 3:07 AM

Mar 2020
not a big sports anime fan but this looks look
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Mar 20, 2021 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
My kind of anime. Omg I LOVED it!! Everything from the art & animation, OST to the characters & voice cast. Solid first episode, I think I’ll love this & thank goodness it’a 20+ episodes!!!!!

The 2 main leads, Haiji & Kakeru are definitely interesting. Can’t wait to see their back stories.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 10:57 AM

Aug 2018
Good so far!
I wonder how he knew what highschool he graduated from...

Aug 11, 2021 9:01 PM

Aug 2021
mostly introduction this episode
The dorm scenes were fun
I liked ed more than op
Jan 12, 2022 6:14 AM

Nov 2018
Shitty haikyuu copy with overly feminine and sexualised boys with no personalities at all. Instantly dropped.

Given is at least original and touching.
ZevvenJan 12, 2022 6:18 AM
I hate everyone equally
Jun 24, 2022 3:51 AM

Feb 2021
Jetstream Sam, is that you? i like either college dorm or boarding school setups, it's basically more accessible for group interactions. introduced a host of quirky characters on the get-go, so there's lots to process on here. but for a first impression, this was fun and holds promise.
Oct 5, 2022 12:23 PM
Sep 2022
Było bardzo ładne, tylko dostałam trochę za dużo postaci naraz.
Nov 30, 2022 4:48 AM
Apr 2020
I would like to watch the anime since it has a high rating in MAL but im reluctant or hesitating to watch it since im not fond and not interested to BL anime (no offense) can you guys help me, thanks
Dec 12, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
That was fun, I think I'm going to like this one. The animation is lovely and the characters are all very different.
Mar 9, 2023 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
This looks amazing already, definitely already feeling the vibe of the show.

Can definitely tell the quality is there, the animation / art, characterization and OST's are all great.
Jul 17, 2023 6:05 AM
Aug 2022
I dont appreciate seeing naked dudes in all sports animes. Why do we see naked bath scenes first thing in the series?
Jul 17, 2023 1:24 PM

Jan 2021
I wonder how that smoker is going to compare to others when they start training
Sep 12, 2023 9:38 PM
Aug 2023
I like how cozy, yet accouraging it is.
It's like throwing the concept of, "We are doing this together, no matter what."
I love the vibe of this already, and I see this anime actually inspiring me to do better at running.
Dec 16, 2023 5:50 PM
Jul 2017
decent opening with a few mysteries sprinkled. lets see if its similar to haikyuu
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.