Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion


Oct 3, 2018 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1585
I can't stop smiling before the duel stars! Man, what else can I expect besides DEATH for Gazef?! Ainz's time stop and instant true death combo is perfectly quick, stealth and badass af, truly perfect for the supreme one!

Nazarick has advanced yet again into world domination, by first capturing the capital of the Re-Estize kingdom, E-Rantel, oh man all hail the supreme one, Ainz the sorcerer-king!!!

Besides all of this incredible achievements, I'm still impressed by the plan Demiurge came up with. Including introducing Momon as the enforcer of laws/peach in E-Rantel, but for mainly rounding up any wannabe revolutionary. That's simply genius.

Well, as the third season of Overlord has ended, it was a mix of epic and some boring parts. I personally don't like the excessive use of CGI that's not even animated properly, even though I don't hate CGI, this is unacceptable from a studio such as Madhouse. However, there are many really great Ainz moment in this season which makes up for it!

As the sentence in the end said... 'And the story goes on...' The story seems to really get more interesting from then on, especially since the annexation/surrender of E-Rantel for Nazarick. Though this last line might indicate a possible season 4?! Whatever is the case I REALLY HAVE TO START READING THE LIGHT NOVEL! And I do sure hope for a season 4, even if it will take 2+ years or so...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 3, 2018 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 136
Absolutely bad and uninteresting adaption.
2/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
 
Oct 3, 2018 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 58
Honestly kind of a weak last episode; kind of a weak season 3 overall. Here's hoping better from season 4... if there even is going to be a season 4. I mean I hope there is because this anime is still better than 80-90% of the shit anime ongoing right now.
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:03 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 16
Darklight0303 said:
LOL so many people pissed off that overlord didn't turn into another generic anime where the protagonist is weak and has to fight to gain power. Everything you moan about is why the series is so freaking successful so please continue moaning. This series was NEVER about Ainz being challenged and you expecting that to happen is solely your fault entirely. Keep crying though. It won't change a thing. The series will still sell like hotcakes where it matters most. And that's not on MAL which has zero influence on the anime industry as a whole.

I liked season three. With the exception of the spotty CG in parts they did decently enough with what they kept and what they cut out. OST was still solid as always and a few epic moments here and there be they funny or badass. Hopefully they take some time to produce a much more higher quality season 4 in a couple of years. it's obvious the short span between S2 and S3 hurt the quality a fair bit.


No we are moaning that S3 turned into just another OP power fantasy isekai with bad CG.

Overlord has been successful because the OP part wasn't the only feature of the anime. However even when Ainz was being OP it was still done in a way that built up some suspense. They threw that to the wind this season.
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 357
I've never believed in guilty pleasure, but after watching this show, everything changed.

 
Oct 3, 2018 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
YokaSol said:
Darklight0303 said:
LOL so many people pissed off that overlord didn't turn into another generic anime where the protagonist is weak and has to fight to gain power. Everything you moan about is why the series is so freaking successful so please continue moaning. This series was NEVER about Ainz being challenged and you expecting that to happen is solely your fault entirely. Keep crying though. It won't change a thing. The series will still sell like hotcakes where it matters most. And that's not on MAL which has zero influence on the anime industry as a whole.

I liked season three. With the exception of the spotty CG in parts they did decently enough with what they kept and what they cut out. OST was still solid as always and a few epic moments here and there be they funny or badass. Hopefully they take some time to produce a much more higher quality season 4 in a couple of years. it's obvious the short span between S2 and S3 hurt the quality a fair bit.


No we are moaning that S3 turned into just another OP power fantasy isekai with bad CG.

Overlord has been successful because the OP part wasn't the only feature of the anime. However even when Ainz was being OP it was still done in a way that built up some suspense. They threw that to the wind this season.


There was never any suspense. Overlord has always been about how Ainz will shape this new world with every action he takes be it deliberate or sheer luck. You and those like you deluded yourselves that there would ever be an actual threat to Nazarick.
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:32 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 16
Darklight0303 said:
YokaSol said:


No we are moaning that S3 turned into just another OP power fantasy isekai with bad CG.

Overlord has been successful because the OP part wasn't the only feature of the anime. However even when Ainz was being OP it was still done in a way that built up some suspense. They threw that to the wind this season.


There was never any suspense. Overlord has always been about how Ainz will shape this new world with every action he takes be it deliberate or sheer luck. You and those like you deluded yourselves that there would ever be an actual threat to Nazarick.


Gee how would we get that idea. Maybe the whole last few episodes of S1? Or maybe Ainz constantly talking about another player?

Yup totally just made that up in our heads.

Funny how 2 seasons later we still haven't figured out what happened at he end of S1.

But again the issue isn't that he is OP, the issue is that it was portrayed poorly. You can make an OP character entertaining, this just wasn't it.

Plus again, the fact he was OP wasn't the most interesting part of Overlord. It was largely the characters which took a back seat this season.
Modified by YokaSol, Oct 3, 2018 10:39 AM
 
Oct 3, 2018 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 208
I only watch this series because there are no other isekai anime worth watching this season. Shows like Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria don't even count. So IMO it's still the best of the worst. I'm too lazy to type, the negative reviews already represent my complains. Especially after i rewatched the end of S1 (until i get other isekai title to watch) it's very obvious that there's a huge enjoyment level gap compared to this episode. Overlord feels like less game and more fantasy drama the longer it progress
 
Oct 3, 2018 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 189
That was great, Cant wait for season 4.
 
Oct 3, 2018 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 2712
I wonder if they'll do a season 4.

Since we had 2 seasons in a year, doubt we'll get it soon if at all
Perhaps the social media accounts will announce SOMETHING but I doubt it happens before 2020 if it does happen eventually
 
Oct 3, 2018 5:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 76
I am unsure why it would be necessary for Gazef to show Ainz's strength when it was fairly obvious through 70k+ he massacred.
 
Oct 3, 2018 5:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 113
Foi ótimo a luta entre Stronoff e Ainz.Gazef deu tudo de si pra fazer o pessoal entender o real perigo que Ainz é pro mundo.
mas que mundo é esse?
 
Oct 3, 2018 7:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1533
AWESOME EPISODE, Lord Ains quickly finished Stronoff in just one magic so that he will not struggle so much. And now they have conquered the E- Rantel, and still Momon will present in the city... hahaha

i am just laughing when i see momon vs lord ains and albedo... everything is s really working according to their plan. hahaha...

Well im hoping this one will have a season 4..
 
Oct 3, 2018 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 34
bitchassdarius said:
i hope badhouse keeps adapting it so all the ln readers keep being angry


Fucking preach dude.
 
Oct 4, 2018 12:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3166
A fairly standard finale, really, as all of this was very much to be expected, except from Momon meeting Ains (so who was in the armour and perfectly mimicking Ains' voice?) and then becoming his law enforcer in E-Rantel. It would have been funny to see Brain meet Shalltear again, if nothing else.

Season 4 would be nice, but with that ending message I think it's very much doubtful we'll get more.

8/10
 
Oct 4, 2018 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7248
That "duel" was so underwhelming though in a way it could be a testament to Ains prowess. And the rest is just meh. But with all said and done I still love this show, so much so that the shitty cgi didn't affect me. I want a season 4 right now!

8
 
Oct 4, 2018 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 664
I at least wish for some Pandora's Actor scenes, where he is himself, not Ainz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 4, 2018 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 469
Where do u guys read the light novel? And whats the difference between it And manga?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 5, 2018 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 231
BeYourself said:
Where do u guys read the light novel? And whats the difference between it And manga?
It has more details than the manga. And better art too, in my opinion. You can get the books at places such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
 
Oct 5, 2018 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 480
Good season, better then season 2 anyway. Yes the shitty cgi was bothersome, but i tried not to let it detract from my overall enjoyment. I so love to watch OP Ains exercise his power over the weak and pitiful humans.

So Nazarick has now annexed the lizard people, that fucking village and now E-Rantel. It will be interesting to see where he intends to expand his domain next.

Also, s'funny that the King and co. still haven't clued in that Prince Barbaros or whatever his name is, is fucking dead along with his whole army. Maybe next season they will finally discover that fact.
 
Oct 5, 2018 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11495
I'd watch a season 4 if it ever happens.
 
Oct 5, 2018 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2
Hi, I have a question, Ainz used time dilation and the touch of death or Climb using the bell stopped time and Ainz just had protection from it. ?
sorry for my english >_>
Modified by ShiShigamii, Oct 5, 2018 9:16 AM
 
Oct 5, 2018 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
ShiShigamii said:
Hi, I have a question, Ainz used time dilation and the touch of death or Climb using the bell stopped time and Ainz just had protection from it. ?
sorry for my english >_>


Ainz stopped time. The bell was just a trap detection bell
 
Oct 5, 2018 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2
Darklight0303 said:
ShiShigamii said:
Hi, I have a question, Ainz used time dilation and the touch of death or Climb using the bell stopped time and Ainz just had protection from it. ?
sorry for my english >_>


Ainz stopped time. The bell was just a trap detection bell


where to talk about it ? i dont remember this
 
Oct 5, 2018 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
ShiShigamii said:
Darklight0303 said:


Ainz stopped time. The bell was just a trap detection bell


where to talk about it ? i dont remember this


season two then they raided the human traficking hideout
 
Oct 5, 2018 11:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 111
Poor Gazef...
Not even the slightest chance
 
Oct 5, 2018 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 35
Gazef Stronoff was a true gentleman whom dueled with honor and absolute conviction.
{~๐•ธ๐–Š๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฎ๐–š๐–‘๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š ๐–‰๐–” ๐–“๐–”๐–™ ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–—๐–š๐–’ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š๐–˜~}
 
Oct 6, 2018 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1768
xShinigami3125 said:
I guess this is the 13th week in a row that I say read the fckn novel it's much better.


I bet it is, but I'm someone who prefers visuals over just words on paper, I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing and hearing. So I'm going to continue watching this, even if the novel is a lot better, and I look forward to next season if it ever happens.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
 
Oct 6, 2018 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 49
YokaSol said:
Darklight0303 said:


There was never any suspense. Overlord has always been about how Ainz will shape this new world with every action he takes be it deliberate or sheer luck. You and those like you deluded yourselves that there would ever be an actual threat to Nazarick.


Gee how would we get that idea. Maybe the whole last few episodes of S1? Or maybe Ainz constantly talking about another player?

Yup totally just made that up in our heads.

Funny how 2 seasons later we still haven't figured out what happened at he end of S1.

But again the issue isn't that he is OP, the issue is that it was portrayed poorly. You can make an OP character entertaining, this just wasn't it.

Plus again, the fact he was OP wasn't the most interesting part of Overlord. It was largely the characters which took a back seat this season.
The black scripture used their world item "downfall of castle and county" on shalltear. This won't happen again as Ainz has given a world item to every single guardian. Wielders of a world item are immune to other world items. Where is this suspense you were talking about.
 
Oct 6, 2018 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 49
curzon17 said:
Good season, better then season 2 anyway. Yes the shitty cgi was bothersome, but i tried not to let it detract from my overall enjoyment. I so love to watch OP Ains exercise his power over the weak and pitiful humans.

So Nazarick has now annexed the lizard people, that fucking village and now E-Rantel. It will be interesting to see where he intends to expand his domain next.

Also, s'funny that the King and co. still haven't clued in that Prince Barbaros or whatever his name is, is fucking dead along with his whole army. Maybe next season they will finally discover that fact.
Read the novels, his empire is expanding very quickly.
 
Oct 6, 2018 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 989
it's a shame that Overlord is no more since the end of season 1.

season 2 and 3 sucked =/ such a shame
 
Oct 6, 2018 10:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 542
The fight between Gazef and Ains is like pay to win game, you never stand a chance against those high roller players lmao, at least give him a handicap match or mele vs mele that would be fair enough.

Stil wondering what is the princess plotting about, i just feel unease everyime she smiles, poor Climb doesn't know anything about his pyscopath princess. And i guess Brain inherited Gazef's magic sword, i guess he's the next head warrior of the kingdom. Definitely looking forward to the new built Kingdom of Nazarick, if there's any other players like Ains that is yet still unknown.


Overall score 8/10
 
Oct 6, 2018 10:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 143
I thought what happened in season 2 was just a necessary set up for something bigger, but apparently not. If we look at just this season of Overlord, these 13 episodes, it is easily the worst isekai anime ever made. And when I say this I mean it's even worse than that smartphone garbage that aired last year.
 
Oct 7, 2018 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 108
Geez just like 2nd season again with pointless characters. First its lizards, now goblins and this blonde boy who always has his eyes covered with his hair.
And no interesting story development unfortunately. Was really hoping to see Evileye for at least 10 seconds but nope.
 
Oct 7, 2018 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 163
As much as I like Overlord, my eyes were hurting from that atrocious CGI in nearly every episode.
 
Oct 8, 2018 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3367
Hate all you want, this was the best Overlord season for me. Yes i'm concerned by how Ainz is far too overpowered but there is a proper explanation for it and the way he annihilates his opposition is just far too impressive for me to care in the end. Now that Nazerick is out in the open, it'll be really interesting to see how they proceed, i really like how they never introduce another player character even though it feels like it might inevitably happen down the line, but the longer they put it off the more i love what i see. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
 
Oct 9, 2018 8:08 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 16
Tobestik said:
The black scripture used their world item "downfall of castle and county" on shalltear. This won't happen again as Ainz has given a world item to every single guardian. Wielders of a world item are immune to other world items. Where is this suspense you were talking about.


*woosh*

My point was that at the end of S1 even if the the fight was clearly going to result in Ainz's win, it wasn't a complete stomping where one side didn't get to do anything.

You know "that fight" at the start of a lot of anime that exists just for the main character to show off? Usually some thug getting his clock cleaned just to show how strong or smart the main character is? You know how almost no one remembers the names of the characters getting destroyed in those fights? That's pretty much the fights this entire season. It was a season of "those fights" where one side is just stomped immediately.

What S1 did better in both the Shalltear and Clementine fights was that 1. Even if we knew the outcome how the outcome would be reached was unknown. 2. You wanted to see Clementine get messed up. 3. The opposing characters were allowed to actually try to showcase their stuff before getting stomped. Hell even when it comes to Sebas destroying the "bosses" at the end of S2 it was done in a way that was almost comical where there was a long introduction followed by 2 seconds of destruction.

The fact that the best fight this season took up a grand total of 3 minutes of screen time really is all you need to know.

Again that in itself isn't a deal breaker. The problem is that the other things that made the show entertaining wasn't there. Half the season focused on crap no one cares about and it was topped off by hilariously bad CG.
 
Oct 9, 2018 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
YokaSol said:
Tobestik said:
The black scripture used their world item "downfall of castle and county" on shalltear. This won't happen again as Ainz has given a world item to every single guardian. Wielders of a world item are immune to other world items. Where is this suspense you were talking about.


*woosh*

My point was that at the end of S1 even if the the fight was clearly going to result in Ainz's win, it wasn't a complete stomping where one side didn't get to do anything.

You know "that fight" at the start of a lot of anime that exists just for the main character to show off? Usually some thug getting his clock cleaned just to show how strong or smart the main character is? You know how almost no one remembers the names of the characters getting destroyed in those fights? That's pretty much the fights this entire season. It was a season of "those fights" where one side is just stomped immediately.

What S1 did better in both the Shalltear and Clementine fights was that 1. Even if we knew the outcome how the outcome would be reached was unknown. 2. You wanted to see Clementine get messed up. 3. The opposing characters were allowed to actually try to showcase their stuff before getting stomped. Hell even when it comes to Sebas destroying the "bosses" at the end of S2 it was done in a way that was almost comical where there was a long introduction followed by 2 seconds of destruction.

The fact that the best fight this season took up a grand total of 3 minutes of screen time really is all you need to know.

Again that in itself isn't a deal breaker. The problem is that the other things that made the show entertaining wasn't there. Half the season focused on crap no one cares about and it was topped off by hilariously bad CG.


Crap no one cares about? Sure buddy. You were crowned as the spokes person for everyone watching the shows I am sure. You're not fooling anyone. You're just another mindless hater that's decided to latch onto this series over the past season
 
Oct 11, 2018 9:23 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 16
Darklight0303 said:
Crap no one cares about? Sure buddy. You were crowned as the spokes person for everyone watching the shows I am sure. You're not fooling anyone. You're just another mindless hater that's decided to latch onto this series over the past season


Um lol? That's really the best retort you got?

For your info I liked the first two seasons otherwise I wouldn't have watched the third. The third season was just weak as hell.

But hey sorry for criticizing your magnum opus of a season with all this brilliant CG and riveting plot of....um...actually what was the plot this season? I only remember villagers no one cared about and workers that I couldn't remember the names of. It was followed up by the worst "SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT" I've ever seen.

Actually when you have something to say besides "lol dat haterz!" let me know. Though usually the sign of a bad season is one where any criticism is met with a retort a 3rd grader could make while there's little to no praise of the season beyond "good season 7/10".
Modified by YokaSol, Oct 11, 2018 9:29 PM
 
Oct 13, 2018 5:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1274
By the way they ended this season, i think we’ll not get season 4.



 
Oct 15, 2018 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
KalfKaneda said:
By the way they ended this season, i think we’ll not get season 4.



Nah it'll happen. There's stuff set up over the past two seasons and there's more than enough material. It will probably be a long while tho
 
Oct 15, 2018 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1699
Season 4 when

when, Madhouse
 
Oct 19, 2018 9:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Alright season, very entertaining. The CG was terrible but it did serve it's purpose at the very least. If there will be a season 4 I look forward to it, but for now I will begin reading the books.
 
Oct 29, 2018 4:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1699
Time Stop + Death Touch = DIE FOREVER!
#GETREKTSCRUBS #AINZSAMAFTW
 
Oct 31, 2018 6:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 706
This was a great episode and season!
 
Oct 31, 2018 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 375
All in all it was a solid enough season but not quite as magical as the first. Things are starting to hot up plot wise so I really hope there won't be too long to wait until it continues.
 
Nov 5, 2018 2:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 308
Loved the finale as expected but the more I watch, the more annoyed I find myself because of two reasons.

1) Ainz (and company) will always win. It's no surprise because that concept has already been established but the longer the series go on, the less exciting it gets. In Season 1 and even 2, it was like Team Nazarick did this, that's awesome! Now it's like they won in this manner... that's pretty cool I guess. Without a decent challenge, I find myself watching now more because I've invested this much time and it would be a shame to quit now. It'd be nice to see Ainz finally struggle against someone (who isn't Shaltear) and for their to be actual conflict for our MC.

2) Too much innocent(ish) bloodshed. It's always fun to see an asshole get their just desserts. But when you see a not asshole(s) get slaughtered in a one-sided fight over and over and over and over, etc... It's just hard to watch. (This is ignoring the off-screen death and torture Team Nazarick does to innocents off.) They're technically villains i get it but come on. The great character writing is one of the show's greatest strengths but when weakling 50 gets destroyed by Nazarick, it's hard to want them to succeed... or even watch.

Overall, I still like Overlord and will continue to watch. I just hope the formula FINALLY changes.
 
Nov 10, 2018 2:40 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25568
Really epic last episode of this third season, with such progression I really can't wait for a sequel to see how things will progress further! Really liked this season a lot more than the previous one but still the progression of both are extremely well done in both character and story development!
 
Nov 11, 2018 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 80
I'm no expert in nation building, but didn’t Ainz just deadass backtrack on himself? He didn’t want to forcefully take over as it would create internal conflict, but that doesn’t align with establishing the Sorcerer Kingdom as an oppressive state. Even with a Robin Hood-esque character like Momon, that alone wouldn't be able to control the populous. This shouldn’t work out like a Civilization game.

Someone help me out here.


- AP
 
Nov 15, 2018 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 235
boring
season 1 was good, but then....
no character development, momonga is overpowered fool
 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »