Forum Settings
Forums

Is watching anime something you like to do alone?

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Post New Reply
Oct 2, 2018 4:20 AM

Yeah, pretty much. I don’t really watch anime with anyone cause either they don’t want to or some other reason

Oct 2, 2018 4:21 AM

I watch most of my anime alone but I do watch certain popular seasonals with my sister. I showed her some anime a few months ago and I've gotten her to like My hero academia so we've been watching the third season together for like 2 months, too bad the season ended. We're also watching Attack on titan season 3. Occasionally we watch a few episodes of non-seasonal shows I've recommended to her but it's harder to find time for that when we're both busy with school stuff.

Oct 2, 2018 4:29 AM

i prefer to watch anime alone so i don't have others comment on the scenes and distract me
i want to finish anime eps as fast as possible,slow torture is not something i like

Oct 2, 2018 5:20 AM

I mostly watch it solo but I don't mind watching it with others either.
The hardest part is finding a show we can all enjoy.
Although I have to admit that being the only one in a group of 5 who isn't bawling the eyes out looks pretty badass.

Oct 2, 2018 5:25 AM

It depends on what anime/manga but I prefer to go solo most of the time.

Oct 2, 2018 5:33 AM
I prefer watching anime alone because there are some uncomfortable scenes sometimes. πŸ˜…

Oct 2, 2018 5:34 AM
The only reason there is to watch someone else is to exchange comments or opinions, and that is stupid.
10 months without animu, and you?

Oct 2, 2018 10:39 AM

yeah
actually i can't stand people watching anything with me

Oct 2, 2018 10:43 AM

Yes, I too prefer to watch & read them alone. Then again, I don't have anyone to watch them with.

Oct 2, 2018 10:44 AM

Since I live alone i usually watch anime alone πŸ˜‚
But sometimes I watch with my younger brother and sister.

Oct 2, 2018 10:56 AM

I always watch alone.
Even I want to watch with others, I can't.
Cause I don't have any friend who watch anime.
As soon as I'd finished watching new episode update, I usually come here to check other peeps discussions about it.
It made me happy, but sometimes it made me sad.
But as long as I am here, I don't feel so lonely anymore. :')

XDD
The guy just wants to be dead.

Oct 2, 2018 3:30 PM
Expert Loner

Generally, I prefer to do it alone. That way when I get emotional or into the story heavily, I can do it without pitiful judgement. That and having other people around would be distracting to me.
twitch.tv/zephyr_prime

Oct 2, 2018 3:40 PM

Yes, I like my alone time..... and I watch some weird anime sometimes.

Oct 2, 2018 4:11 PM

Generally that's how I prefer to consume most types of media.

But I will say going to an anime movie premiere where there's also a bunch of fans is quite a fun experience.
My Queens

Oct 2, 2018 4:27 PM

I watch pretty much all of my anime alone. I have a tendency to replay scenes to get a better look at the animation or to understand it a little more, n just do things at my own pace yknow? I think with other people that would be hard for me to do.

Also not many of my friends like anime in the first place. Most of them have liked anime at some point, but lost interest. We have watched some stuff together, like Madoka, Fullmetal Alchemist, some Ghibli Movies. (we also watched fuckin boku no pico for shits n giggles as well. dear god)

but eh i prefer watchin anime by myself anyways. most of the time anime has me sobbin like a bitch. nobody needs to see that

Oct 2, 2018 4:38 PM

i like to watch certain kinds of anime alone

and then i watch shonens with my little bro
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 2, 2018 6:17 PM

Either alone or with internet friends via Rabb.it, watching anime with rl friends just makes me uncomfortable.

Oct 3, 2018 10:50 AM

Yeah, I mostly watch it alone. Though I watch stuff with my mum sometimes, and even more rarely with my dad. I don't watch it with friends as much as I'd like to because 1. only 2 of them watch anime and 2. they're too far away for us to do it a lot. I wish I could stream it online with them but I don't know how (and rabbit hasn't worked so Idk what to use)
To see which challenges I'm participating in, please check the 'Active Challenges' section of my profile.

Oct 3, 2018 12:12 PM

I watch it alone. Blinds shut, headphones at max, no interruptions, done my responsibilities beforehand. I always aim for maximal immersion when watching anime.

Do I talk about it in the outside world? Hell to the fuck yes! I write essays about my favorite series for school whenever I have the chance, I drop anime references all the time and my profile pictures on everything are anime. I never have and never will care if people find that obnoxious or not (people generally find my weirdness fun and I like both being weird and making people laugh so hey hey why not). I try to get people into anime every once in a while as well... though that part's really hard lol

Oct 3, 2018 12:20 PM

ShadowMonkey said:
I watch it alone. Blinds shut, headphones at max, no interruptions, done my responsibilities beforehand. I always aim for maximal immersion when watching anime.

[...]

Are you me?
I enjoy things the most when I'm immersed, can't be that when someone else is around.
No one of my friends knows I watch anime though, no one else watches them and I don't wanna be "that" guy.
The bad side of immersion is that when I finish a series I really feel ...hollow?

Oct 3, 2018 12:25 PM

Hammerheart said:
ShadowMonkey said:

[...]

Are you me?
I enjoy things the most when I'm immersed, can't be that when someone else is around.
No one of my friends knows I watch anime though, no one else watches them and I don't wanna be "that" guy.
The bad side of immersion is that when I finish a series I really feel ...hollow?
Haha yup, that's normal. But if the series has a clear conclusion, I usually take it as a positive thing that I experienced it and move on to the next one while keeping the previous one in my memories(/list) as a meaningful experience.

Oct 3, 2018 1:23 PM
alone is better. less talking and more focusing on the anime.

Oct 3, 2018 1:28 PM
Phriel

I prefer watching anime alone but I don't mind once in a while to do it with friends.

Oct 3, 2018 1:42 PM

Love watching it alone a lot more. If I watch anime with my friends we talk half the time lol

Oct 3, 2018 1:44 PM

Yep, but I’ll rarely watch with some friends who vibe with anime.

Oct 3, 2018 1:45 PM

If it’s something I’m watching for the first time, then yes I like to watch it alone so I can focus more and analyze, but other than that I don’t mind watching anime with others nor do I hide the fact that I watch anime at all.

Oct 3, 2018 2:30 PM

I usually watch anime by myself, but it's fun to sometimes watch a new episode with my friends if I'm at their house or something and we both watch the series.

Oct 3, 2018 2:40 PM

I'm fine with watching with other people if they are actually interested in it and have opinions on it.

Oct 3, 2018 2:47 PM

Any anime with drama or that is supposed to give you the "feels", I have to watch it alone in my room. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get the "feels" when I watch anime in my living room.
Other than that, I practically watch anime with my dad and sister everyday.

Oct 3, 2018 2:47 PM

I'm the opposite. I never watch anime alone and i like to discuss the episodes with others or come up with theorys.

Oct 3, 2018 3:00 PM

For me it really depends on the anime and who would be watching it with me.

Watching stuff with others when you know everyone is into the show can be a lot of fun. The problem can be finding an anime that everyone will like. There's nothing worse than watching something you love on a streaming site like Rabb.it while the people watching it with you either talk trash the whole time or have it tabbed out the whole time.

I do like to watch a lot of stuff on my own though.

Oct 3, 2018 3:03 PM
Sanji Fangirl

First time i watch it i like to watch it by myself so i can fully experience it by myself and fully immerse myself in it if it's good and grabs my attention.
Examples: Cry as much as i want to. Laugh as much as i want to. React just how i want to.
Cause when watching something with others i get less sucked in and are more aware of my surroundings.
I don't mind watching anime with others if i have already watched it once before.

Oct 3, 2018 3:17 PM
I don’t really like to talk about anything in my life,I keep anime to myself unless someone watches an anime I watch as well.Even then I keep my thoughts on anime to myself.

Oct 3, 2018 3:37 PM

viktheone said:
So, I am someone who likes to watch anime alone and not really talk much about it with people around me, watching anime and reading manga is like something private to me that I don't like to share with people surrounding me (friends, family, etc).

How about you guys? Am I the only one?

Nope, while its fun for me to watch with friends the fact that no one other than ne will share ny tastes and vice versa, there will always be some compromise between choices of what to watch.

When I'm alone I'm free to watch anything be it old or new, weird or mainstream without worrying that my friends are bored as hell and change it up to something they want to watch.

However, nothing is more fun than watching a series with a friend that both of you absolutely love though. Looking at you Tengan Toppa you cheeky bastard...

Oct 3, 2018 3:41 PM

Depends on whether I've seen it before. If I haven't then I'd prefer to concentrate on what's going on without distraction and other people are some of the biggest most annoying distractions. If I have already seen it then it doesn't really matter if others are there.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)

Oct 3, 2018 3:42 PM
Forum Moderator
No, i enjoy watching anime more with my mum or dad. The only problem is i have to hold back the tears during the sad scenes. I cry like a baby when i watch something by myself.

Oct 3, 2018 4:16 PM

Honestly, I prefer watching anime and reading manga alone, but sometimes I introduce to my friends some shows that will probably get them into at least watching anime.

Oct 3, 2018 4:42 PM

Yes, you can pause whenever you want for a bathroom break. I normally watch it with my bf online, we just press play at the same time so we can hear each other's reactions otherwise watching it irl is fun too

Credit to Aster-

Oct 3, 2018 4:46 PM

I love watching anime alone. Is the best option.
Life has no meaning.

Oct 3, 2018 6:34 PM

I'm pretty much 50/50. I like watching anime together with my bf, but if I want to marathon a series it's easier to just do it alone.
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani

Oct 3, 2018 6:39 PM

I watch some alone and others with friends (via Discord, we download / prepare it online - we don't use Rabbit because most of people does not have good network for this XD). Watching with friends is always better. Sometimes you can't see some perspectives. It is really nice.

Oct 3, 2018 6:52 PM

YES.

This is a private passtime.

I even feel weird when people catch me watching cartoons, no matter how mature the content material is. Bah.

Feeling: Happeh
Watching: Inuyasha
Eating: Two eggs w/maple, two hawaiin toasts w/ strawberry jelly & butter
Drinking: Coffee w/ sweet cream & ground cinnamon
Reading: The Wizard's Daughter

Oct 3, 2018 6:57 PM

Looks like I am not the only one who loves watching animes alone. But I do discuss about it with my friends and talk about them.

Oct 3, 2018 7:27 PM

I'm kind of annoying about it. I only watch anime when I'm alone at home or at dawn when everyone is sleeping. It's because I like absolute silence while watching something. In this way, the immersion flows with mastery and the experience becomes perfect.

When I was not like that (5 years ago), sometimes I was totally immersed in some anime / movie and suddenly I heard someone making noise or talking, it simply brought me back to reality and took me out of immersion which caused the worst sensation . it is horrible to have the immersion canceled because of some noise or someone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 3, 2018 7:53 PM
君を笑いにζ₯た

I prefer watching anime alone because it's easier to concentrate on and immerse yourself in, though I end up texting my friends to talk about the latest episode and theories and such.

But I feel like my scores are higher when I watch them with friends. Once I went to the movies to see the new Fairy Tail movie with my friend, it was fun and I'd do it again but it just seems time consuming to watch each episode of a series with someone else. You may be busy while the other person is free and vice versa.

Oct 3, 2018 11:42 PM

Depends on the genre. You can't really watch an ecchi anime with your mom.

You can? Your mom is awesome.

Nothing is disgusting....nothing

Oct 4, 2018 2:31 AM

To tell you the truth, yes!

It's something I'd like to do alone because no one distracts me and I can watch my favorite anime without discussion or asking the other guy or girl if they approve or not. Well my boyfriend does not watch anime so when i DO watch i do it alone and I enjoy it more!

Oct 4, 2018 3:32 AM

yeah but once my 8 year old brother came in the room and started watching with me. I was watching a romance comedy (Tada-kun wa koi wo shinai) and surprisingly he was reading the subtitles and laughing at the jokes in it.
Yes i prefer watching anime alone, but then again i havent really experienced watching it with a friend coz i dont have any.

Oct 4, 2018 5:39 AM

if there are others to watch too then i dont mind. some series i have on hold specifically because they are simulwatches. but for the majority, i watch alone

Oct 4, 2018 6:16 AM

i just want to be myself when i watch anime and i can't be myself when im with people.
so yeah.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »