Forum Settings
Forums

Is watching anime something you like to do alone?

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Oct 16, 2018 6:33 PM
yes definitely cuz sometimes i'll be embarassed about seeing other shows (some shounen ai *ahem*) but like yeah, my friends are not too into it anyway and (am i the only one) my parents don't know i watch anime lol

Oct 16, 2018 6:40 PM

Mostly alone but I do watch some anime with friends. Watching s3 of Free! by myself was so hard, though. I watched both previous seasons with my (ex-)best friend and there was a time when we both lived and breathed that anime. We watched more stuff together and if it wasn't for her, I would have never got into some series. And it's also super fun! But on the other hand it can be hard to agree on times to watch stuff together because of jobs.

Oct 16, 2018 7:20 PM

Usually, I like to watch it alone. However, back in my freshman year of college I attended the school's anime club. While I wasn't close with, really, any of the members, watching anime with a group of people definitely has a different feeling than watching anime all by my lonesome. I miss it.

Oct 16, 2018 8:42 PM
I mostly watch anime alone, I find watching with other people too distracting, either they ask a lot of questions or we both end up getting bored.

Oct 16, 2018 10:15 PM

If it contains ecchi then yes. But if it's something that is both very much enjoyed by me and the other person then I would watch it with them.

Oct 17, 2018 11:30 AM

Hell yeah. I'm very emotional when watching anime alone and I like to let my feelings flow, so I will cry, smile like an idiot at the screen, support the character in a fight/any situation, etc.
I would never do that with people around.

Oct 17, 2018 4:25 PM

I usually watch it alone, occasionally with my s/o (who also likes anime, so I don't mind).
I never watch anime around people who don't like anime or don't really know what anime is. They always ask too many questions, talk about how weird it is, and just tend to be really judgmental about it.

Oct 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Most of the time, yes. But I sometimes watch anime with my friends (which happens like every... two or three months? or even more lmao)

Oct 17, 2018 4:38 PM

Well, I'd rather avoid being teased over it by parents or aquintances, so that's a given. Not that I'm embarassed with watching animations, but dealing with their mentalities is enough of a pain in the ass for me without this being brought up.
Silently waiting for WW3 to come and kill everyone while I die smoking weed and drinking coke 🚬👌

Oct 18, 2018 5:30 AM
I wouldn't dare do anything except watching anime alone.

I don't express emotion in front of others, and I don't want to constantly be thinking "how do they feel about this"?

I don't even watch anime with speakers, it's always headphones.

Oct 18, 2018 5:30 AM
I wouldn't dare do anything except watching anime alone.

I don't express emotion in front of others, and I don't want to constantly be thinking "how do they feel about this"?

I don't even watch anime with speakers, it's always headphones.

Oct 19, 2018 1:11 AM

Yeah, I don't really talk about what i watch with my friends, for the reason is that I like to watch it alone.

Oct 23, 2018 8:55 PM

There are extremely rare occasions where I get to watch anime with my best friends, which is nice, but overall I prefer watching anime alone and will always be. Not to mention that the stuff I usually watch aren't shows that many people are into, so there's that.

Oct 27, 2018 5:58 AM
I like watching anime by myself since watching stuff with friends is always pretty distracting for me and I like watching things at my own pace, but I do enjoy discussing anime with my friend because it's really enjoyable to speak about :)

Oct 27, 2018 12:57 PM

It really depends.
I mostly watch animes alone, but sometimes I watch with my bf.
Sometime I re-watch animes with non anime lover friend and enjoy seen them have fun watch it and stuff like that.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]