Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Sep 30, 2018 6:32 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The 44th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Young Magazine of 2018, which goes on sale on Monday, has announced that Soborou's ecchi school comedy manga Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? (Why the hell are you here, Teacher!?) will be adapted into a TV anime. An official website has also opened, revealing cast, staff, and the first key visual (pictured).

Synopsis
Kana Kojima is reputed among the students as "Kojima the Demon" for her scary demeanor. In front of Ichirou, however, she always appears as air-headed and clumsy. Consequently, they find themselves in perverted situations in the men's bath, toilet, swimming pool, school infirmary, and elsewhere.

Each volume features a new pair of student and teacher in an omnibus format. The past characters also make cameo appearances in the new volumes.

Cast
Kana Kojima: Sumire Uesaka (Musaigen no Phantom World)
Ichirou Satou: Ryouta Suzuki (Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau)

Staff
Chief Director: Hiraku Kaneko (Seikon no Qwaser)
Character Design: Kazuhiko Tamura (Kyoukai no Rinne)
Studio: Tear Studio

Weekly Young Magazine originally published a prototype version of the manga in 2015 and 2016 under the title Golden Times. After four one-shot chapters, Soborou rebooted the work under the title Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?, which received a limited serialization for six weeks in late 2016. Kodansha would finally serialize the manga regularly beginning April 2017. The fifth compiled volume is scheduled to go on sale on October 5. The manga has a cumulative 850,000 copies of its volumes in print.

A drama CD adaptation featuring Marina Inoue as Kana Kojima and Ryouta Suzuki as Ichirou Satou was included with the special edition third volume of the manga earlier this year.

Official site: http://nankoko-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @nankoko_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? on MAL
arsonalOct 1, 2018 1:39 PM

Sep 30, 2018 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Woah this looks interesting. Hiraku Kaneko has a strong track record making ecchi series. Plus this doesn't look like that type of ecchi that follows horrid modern tropes. This actually feels like an ecchi from the early 2000s.

Manga ecchi >>> LN ecchi
Sep 30, 2018 6:45 PM

Mar 2015
has been leaked for 2 weeks... so it's nice to see it offcial confirmation...

delicious older woman ecchi with taboo spice... nothing else...

moodie said:
Woah this looks interesting. Hiraku Kaneko has a strong track record making ecchi series. [b]Plus this doesn't look like that type of ecchi that follows horrid modern tropes. This actually feels like an ecchi from the early 2000s.

Manga ecchi >>> LN ecchi

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 30, 2018 6:48 PM

Apr 2014
Kuma said:
DXDDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXD
umm what? i dont get the reaction
Sep 30, 2018 6:49 PM

Mar 2015
moodie said:
Kuma said:
DXDDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXD
umm what? i dont get the reaction

do you read the manga?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 30, 2018 6:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
time to summon @EcchiGodMamsterP
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 30, 2018 7:02 PM

May 2015
"Each volume features a new pair of student and teacher in an omnibus format." Hmm...it might be something like SYD or a short series...Well...we'll see...
Sep 30, 2018 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
@EcchiGodMamsterP Please bless this thread with another hilarious post
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 30, 2018 7:12 PM

Dec 2015
dick is so fckn ready @EcchiGodMamsterP
Sep 30, 2018 7:20 PM

Jan 2016
Holy shit, is this real? This gonna be great. Hype! xD
Sep 30, 2018 7:34 PM
Jan 2014
Fantastic news. It's gonna be great.
Sep 30, 2018 7:48 PM
Aug 2018
I'm looking forward to this. I hope it's great.
Sep 30, 2018 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
This is going to be pretty censored in the anime haha
Sep 30, 2018 7:53 PM

Dec 2017
this is a quality content that i yearned for, bring it on
Sep 30, 2018 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Ehhh this doesn't look like it's something for me soooooooo. Oh well, glad for those that wants to see it xP But eh, we'll see if I can give it a shot or not.
Sep 30, 2018 8:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WHOOOOAAAAAAA

DatRandomDude said:
time to summon @EcchiGodMamsterP

thebrentinator24 said:
@EcchiGodMamsterP Please bless this thread with another hilarious post

redaka said:
dick is so fckn ready @EcchiGodMamsterP

LMAO

boi im finna fap my fucking ass off this fucking milf XD

BLESS JAPAN
Sep 30, 2018 11:08 PM
Manga DB Admin
Jun 2010
The character design looks a little generic compared to Soborou's art, though it's probably a smart move since his more cutesy style makes everyone look even younger than they already are. I'd be very surprised if they do anything besides adapt up to volume 4, since it's a total no-brainer: 3 episodes per teacher sounds perfect for 12 full length episodes, and it'll end at a particularly good spot. I think that everybody's going to be happy as long as the atmosphere remains light and the cute romance fluff doesn't get totally overwhelmed by the tits. The inevitable BD specials are going to be insane though, I swear to god.
Also, the article says that Kaneko is a fan of Tachibana-sensei. I wish I could give him a high-five for having such impeccable taste.
Sep 30, 2018 11:36 PM

Nov 2016
Oh my. I remember reading this 2 years ago.

Welp since the seiyuu has voiced Shalltear (Overlord) and Anastasia (iDOLM@STER), should be good "material" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 1, 2018 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
My female teacher/male student fetish approves this.
Oct 1, 2018 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
Sounds hella fine, there cannot be enough onee-san style ecchi.
Oct 1, 2018 12:40 AM

Jul 2015
i have a thing for Older Female x Younger Male ^^'
i'll give it a try

this is a borderline hentai though
tragedydesuOct 1, 2018 1:13 AM
Oct 1, 2018 1:17 AM

Oct 2010
Wait, an echi situation in the men's toilet? I think I'll watch this anime.
Oct 1, 2018 1:46 AM

May 2012
What is this 2004? Seriously though, it better not be one of those 5 minute anime.
Oct 1, 2018 2:11 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
"This is *insert place here*. This is definitely *insert place here*. Then why? Why is this happening?"

I can't wait to hear these lines. Hoping for a tv series, not OVA's.
Oct 1, 2018 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
Mercusu said:
What is this 2004? Seriously though, it better not be one of those 5 minute anime.

misterkafuuchino said:
"This is *insert place here*. This is definitely *insert place here*. Then why? Why is this happening?"

I can't wait to hear these lines. Hoping for a tv series, not OVA's.

According to MAL it will be a TV show with 20 minutes episodes.
Oct 1, 2018 2:30 AM

Mar 2015
Tarotist said:
"Each volume features a new pair of student and teacher in an omnibus format." Hmm...it might be something like SYD or a short series...Well...we'll see...

that's the manga volume, where each volume has different pairings...
Oct 1, 2018 4:04 AM
Aug 2016
I wish the manga sticks with the original main pair instead of the mess it has become right now
Oct 1, 2018 5:03 AM

Mar 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
I wish the manga sticks with the original main pair instead of the mess it has become right now

what mess? i don't see anything...
Oct 1, 2018 6:06 AM
Aug 2016
Kuma said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Good for you, but I can't sand it when the MCs of an anime/manga change constantly.
Oct 1, 2018 6:09 AM

Mar 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
Kuma said:

Good for you, but I can't sand it when the MCs of an anime/manga change constantly.

@Tarotist
well, this is one Volume one pairings, so...
Oct 1, 2018 6:25 AM
Aug 2016
Kuma said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

@Tarotist
Well I didn't know that before, and some chapters contain both the teacher/student pair and the glass girl/delinquent pair.
Oct 1, 2018 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
Kuma said:

@Tarotist
Well I didn't know that before, and some chapters contain both the teacher/student pair and the glass girl/delinquent pair.

yes, but after their respective volume, they become side character... so treated it as separated short story with somewhat sharing universe with same plot, you would be fine...
Oct 1, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
Oh sweet, an ecchi with teachers. Very relevant to my interests. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 1, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
"My female teacher/male student fetish approves this." x2
Oct 1, 2018 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
my expectations are really low
Oct 10, 2018 5:33 PM

Jul 2014
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) My body is ready.
Dec 29, 2018 4:46 PM

Sep 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) My body is ready.

My body... is also ready (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.