Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion


Oct 3, 2018 5:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4017
SauraPbNijion said:
Mattinator95 said:
according to this http://www.ten-sura.com/staffcast/

the anime is following the manga not the light novel which kinda explains a few things


Oh no pls dont follow the manga story, the pace is too slow especially afther Orc Disaster Arc, too much slice of life story, iff follow Ln/Wn, Rimuru already meet Yuuki and the 5 children Hero


it all depends how long it will take to get to that part , i presume the wolf part will be at the end of episode 2 and one of the kingdoms will be episode 4 and the orc disaster arc will probably start with episode 7 or 8
 
Oct 3, 2018 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 3135
Lol, now we get a tsundere dragon.

Btw, is there any romance or Harem element present in it because there are no rom and harem tags on mal?
 
 
Oct 3, 2018 6:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 3
was looking forward to this anime since I completed the web novel, but the 3d animation and childlike VA voice is just breaking the immersion. not to mention the out of place shocking expression of the main character =(
will still watch it nevertheless
 
Oct 3, 2018 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 31656
The PC part is anime original and I laughed during that part lol
 
Oct 3, 2018 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 3149
The visuals in the transformation scene was definitely one of the most unique ones I've ever seen in anime, I felt like I was on the bloody Wired Sound website.

Outside of that, still, there was a certain dissonance in the tone; the visuals were very 'out there' and experimental, the sound was traditionally grandiose(in an un-weird way), and yet the premise and script was light-hearted and comedic. No idea if this was intentional.

What I can say is that while the above aesthetic choices were mildly interesting(if not good) the episode was less than fun. The setting bores me, and the infodump was done in an unexciting way. Certain infodumps can be fun- I liked SSY's infodumps, for example

Also 8bit and the rumours surrounding the anime don't fill me with excitement. Not expecting much
Modified by Lanz, Oct 3, 2018 7:21 AM
 
Oct 3, 2018 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6934
Congintive said:
Lol, now we get a tsundere dragon.

Btw, is there any romance or Harem element present in it because there are no rom and harem tags on mal?

No, there is neither romance nor harem in it. Escpacially not within the content the anime will cover. There are only two girls who "like" the protagonist, but it's not really in a romantic way, more like girls who swoon over the lead singer of a pop-idol boys group.
 
 
Oct 3, 2018 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1182
Expecting really good things from this show. Animation looked great, action scenes in the theme song was nice and smooth. I was sort of doubtful about the show, considering the director never really made anything that promising except IS (which was average too).
It was good really.
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1293
kysmongo said:
so many people seem to like this episode and i cant understand why! this has to be the worst episode i have ever seen. the death scene just looks stupid. when he is reborn in the new world nothing fun, interesting or exciting happens. it is just 10-15 mins of boring, unnecessary and uninteresting info dump through dialogue.
was i interested in the characters? no. was i interested in the story? no. did it at least make me laugh? no.

1/10

1 the death scene was made to be stupid
2 how tf do you that those infos dump are unnecessary by watching the first ep only lmao
3 it is a building up ep
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
Anyone else instantly recognized Maeno Tomoaki's voice on tsundere dragon?
 
Oct 3, 2018 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1001
Well, I was not planning to watch this, but I just took a sneak peak for the first episode and it actully looks a pretty decent 'isakai anime' (for now). O_o
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
 
Oct 3, 2018 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 419
comes here to hype with people (CANT WAIT TO SEE THE REST OF THE EPISODES!!!) sees a ton of hate O.O why!??! this show looks really fun and promising!

The dying scene was kind of meh I have to admit! Everything happened so quickly! But I really like how they explained him getting the skills (feeling hot and cold etc when he was dying)! The death was way better than... you know... the deaths in many other reincarnation-to-another-world shows xD

Also I LOVE his personality as a slime! It was adorable watching the slime bounce around and just chomp on herbs and rocks because 'it had nothing to do' I literally squealed when it propelled itself out of the water! The tsundere dragon was so A++! A majestic beast wanting to be friends with a (seemingly) lowly slime! I LOVED that scene!

I enjoyed this episode so much, I'm wondering if I should wait until it's complete before I watch... waiting for each episode seems like it'd be hell T.T
 
Oct 3, 2018 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6934
Ritsu said:
comes here to hype with people (CANT WAIT TO SEE THE REST OF THE EPISODES!!!) sees a ton of hate O.O why!??! this show looks really fun and promising!

No, it's just the usual occasional people who just aren't compatible with the show. That always happens. If you look through the thread, the vast majority loves this series. Some of the comments even sound like commercials due to their isekai skepticism, e.g. "at first I was skeptical, but when I saw the show it was truly amazing!" and such. Also got an 8+ average score, which I had thought would be impossible for an isekai in 2018 that's not a well-established sequel like Overlord.




kysmongo said:
Akerakai said:

1 the death scene was made to be stupid
2 how tf do you that those infos dump are unnecessary by watching the first ep only lmao
3 it is a building up ep


well it was shit imo so

Let's see... 4 out of 7 posts ever made are in this thread, hating on this show... your animelist... oh? Rated this series with 1 but rated to-shit-ru with 7? Yea... sure. I see now, nothing more needs to be said.
 
 
Oct 3, 2018 1:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
This was an interesting anime. Will be sure to check the new episodes. Loved that tsundere dragon part lmao

 
Oct 3, 2018 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6934
kysmongo said:
Grey-Zone said:

No, it's just the usual occasional people who just aren't compatible with the show. That always happens. If you look through the thread, the vast majority loves this series. Some of the comments even sound like commercials due to their isekai skepticism, e.g. "at first I was skeptical, but when I saw the show it was truly amazing!" and such. Also got an 8+ average score, which I had thought would be impossible for an isekai in 2018 that's not a well-established sequel like Overlord.





Let's see... 4 out of 7 posts ever made are in this thread, hating on this show... your animelist... oh? Rated this series with 1 but rated to-shit-ru with 7? Yea... sure. I see now, nothing more needs to be said.



what does that have to do with this show? u compare a fantasy-shounen to a ecchi harem? makes no sense to me, but oh well. if u cant come with a argument for why i am wrong or say why u like it then whats the point in commenting?

There is no such thing as an argument to be made here, because to most people the points you listed are either non-existent (e.g. how set-up is "useless" before even knowing whether or not it actually is, as this was just episode 1) or are weighted way lower compared to their positive points which appearently don't exist in your eyes, maybe because your sense of humor is incompatible with this show or whatever. It's a pure matter of personal preferences.

Also the fact that our positions are reverse in TLR, shows that there probably isn't much room for common understanding or meaningful discussion between us, so that's that. Move along. As long you don't turn out to be like one of those haters in the Aldnoah.Zero threads, we can just agree to disagree compeletely and call it a day.
 
Oct 3, 2018 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 55
This one has surprised me! I just thought that I will drop this in the halfway of the episode before starting like the last season's slavery isekai shit, but this episode kept me engaged in the whole episode. I like the comedy and the tsundere dragon. Also, seeing the fact that our slime can turn into a human in the opening intro was reassuring. Cause, I wouldn't really want to watch the adventures of a slime.
 
 
Oct 3, 2018 3:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 11
kysmongo said:
¨¨ (e.g. how set-up is "useless" before even knowing whether or not it actually is, as this was just episode 1)¨¨

I said it was poorly written and lazy.
as for TLR, its a long time since i watched it, and would probably score it differently if i re-watched it again. but ofc as with any show its personal preference.


don't watch, get out from here and case closed
 
Oct 3, 2018 5:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 17
I am not into game element animes but this one catched my attention. let's proceed! not bad for 1st episode.
 
Oct 3, 2018 5:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 14323
That tsundere dragon is probably going to turn into a flat chested girl.
 
Oct 3, 2018 6:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
kysmongo said:
arthurnagi27 said:


don't watch, get out from here and case closed


well ofc i wont watch it anymore. and maybe i would get out of here if ppl would stop tagging me :P but i have a right to write my opinion of the show. this is a thread made to discuss whats good and/or bad about this anime. wich is what i am doing.


You are just jealous because your favorite anime is defeated by the newbie anime that just aired ­čśé­čśé­čśé
 
Oct 3, 2018 7:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 94
Even dragon can be a tsundere lol XD
 
 
Oct 3, 2018 7:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 587
Good start, 8-bit. While watching the anime, I also read the manga adaptation that already published in my country. The funny aspects from the manga is still there on the anime. I hope they consistent with it, since the manga successfully shake my stomach, i have huge expectation on the anime too.
 
Oct 3, 2018 8:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
i read the novel & manga and i must say this is beyond my expectation. solid eps, simplified story but not neglecting important parts
10/10
 
Oct 3, 2018 8:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
syts said:
This one has surprised me! I just thought that I will drop this in the halfway of the episode before starting like the last season's slavery isekai shit, but this episode kept me engaged in the whole episode. I like the comedy and the tsundere dragon. Also, seeing the fact that our slime can turn into a human in the opening intro was reassuring. Cause, I wouldn't really want to watch the adventures of a slime.

i can guarantee its much more interesting seeing in slime form rather than humanoid form
 
Oct 3, 2018 8:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 497
Grey-Zone said:
Ritsu said:
comes here to hype with people (CANT WAIT TO SEE THE REST OF THE EPISODES!!!) sees a ton of hate O.O why!??! this show looks really fun and promising!

No, it's just the usual occasional people who just aren't compatible with the show. That always happens. If you look through the thread, the vast majority loves this series. Some of the comments even sound like commercials due to their isekai skepticism, e.g. "at first I was skeptical, but when I saw the show it was truly amazing!" and such. Also got an 8+ average score, which I had thought would be impossible for an isekai in 2018 that's not a well-established sequel like Overlord.




kysmongo said:


well it was shit imo so

Let's see... 4 out of 7 posts ever made are in this thread, hating on this show... your animelist... oh? Rated this series with 1 but rated to-shit-ru with 7? Yea... sure. I see now, nothing more needs to be said.


Just a random people comments and did not watch the anime or just random isekai hater as usual.

Just ignore "them" hater always exist every anime.
 
Oct 3, 2018 9:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 10
Rimuru Tempest, the only MC that has no gender, but has a cute face.
 
 
Oct 3, 2018 9:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
redcobra said:
Grey-Zone said:

No, it's just the usual occasional people who just aren't compatible with the show. That always happens. If you look through the thread, the vast majority loves this series. Some of the comments even sound like commercials due to their isekai skepticism, e.g. "at first I was skeptical, but when I saw the show it was truly amazing!" and such. Also got an 8+ average score, which I had thought would be impossible for an isekai in 2018 that's not a well-established sequel like Overlord.





Let's see... 4 out of 7 posts ever made are in this thread, hating on this show... your animelist... oh? Rated this series with 1 but rated to-shit-ru with 7? Yea... sure. I see now, nothing more needs to be said.


Just a random people comments and did not watch the anime or just random isekai hater as usual.

Just ignore "them" hater always exist every anime.


"1/10" "meh, bcz the hype"
Elitist hater keep popping up
ignore em
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 24502
Thanks for spoiling me, ED.
 
Oct 3, 2018 10:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1289
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
But seriously though, those post-production effects? The whole thing felt like a bad college film that tries to hide it's 'bad-ness' behind a bunch of wacky visuals.

Are we watching the same thing or you just had a very very different taste? The post production effects are top notch and I did not even glimpsed a tiny bit of what you were trying to refer to here.. The art direction are on point for me.

This is shaping out to be very very interesting and I do hope they keep the momentum.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 3, 2018 11:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 202
Finally! An isekai trying to be what it's supposed to be: a fantasy adventure serie with a light tone (at least by now).

That being said, the chapter was just ok, as I expected. Just a normal introduction chapter with some funny and charming moments. Enough to keep me watching.
 
Oct 4, 2018 12:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 8103
Oh, hey. It's not trashy. That's a plus. Until the slime gets a harem, I guess.
 
Oct 4, 2018 2:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 159
Mormegil said:
Oh, hey. It's not trashy. That's a plus. Until the slime gets a harem, I guess.
he doesn't have a gender,no harems for him even if he wants it that badly
 
Oct 4, 2018 2:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 27
Man, I'm surprised by how well done the first episode was. I expected Verudora to be CGI, but no! How glad I am about it. tho tbh I still found it a bit weird how accepting the MC was about the fact that he was "reincarnated". Other than that, I like pretty much everything.
 
 
Oct 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 791
Groenboys said:
dammit that was such a good episode. the first half was interesting and the second half was hilarious! And the opening visuals make me hyped for what is to come!


I thought it was quite a pretty good episode too. I hope the rest of the episodes wont disappoint!
 
Oct 4, 2018 3:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 290
Based on the OP and PVs I still don't like the character designs of the anime (compared to the manga), but this episode was a whole lot better than what I expected. It even made me look forward to the show from now on. The overall production quality also seems surprisingly good. As others have mentioned the audio and visual effects are great.
I wasn't sure if Veldora's voice is gonna fit him but it seems like a decent match, Rimuru's voice when he was a human is quite good, his voice as a slime.. well, it's very different from what I expected (like some female voice for young males) but it is fitting for a genderless slime and it might grow on me with time I guess.
The OP is alright.
Modified by Gildesh, Oct 4, 2018 3:47 AM
 
Oct 4, 2018 4:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
https://discord.gg/43s7fV6
This is the address Tensei Slime Discord Server
Anyone wanna join
 
Oct 4, 2018 7:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 318
SLIME... that is something every impressive...
 
 
Oct 4, 2018 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 7284
The friendship between a thirtyseven year old virgin, who reborn into slime and a tsundere dragon.. Lol, just lol. Although it turned out to be more fantasy-ish than I thought, I liked it. While this doesn't look like the next over-hyped title, but the writing gives hope.

 
Oct 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4884
Looks good! Nice art, fun protagonist and actually funny comedy.

I wanted to see what was on his hard drive lol
 
Oct 4, 2018 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 508
Grey-Zone said:
Mattinator95 said:
according to this http://www.ten-sura.com/staffcast/

the anime is following the manga not the light novel which kinda explains a few things

That contradicts the fact that the opening shows characters and fights which didn't appear in the manga yet. Also nothing in the manga would be a good ending point for a 24 series anime. Orc Lord is far too early and Millim is... not really much of a climatic finale. It's more likely that this will end either with the "science experiment to disprove Clark's third law" (LN vol. 5), or with Walpurgis Night (LN vol. 6). Can't imagine any other moment in the story than these and both are past where the manga currently is.

Also I think this franchise has the particular trait of always doing some changes which the other media didn't have yet, like for the anime, the scene of the Kouhai actually throwing the PC into the bath didn't exist in any of WN, LN or manga. The only thing that really stays the same across all media is the main storyline itself.


As a manga reader myself can i please know that at which volume of the LN is the manga currently at?
 
Oct 4, 2018 2:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 365
RIMURU TEMPEST!!!
such a high grade adaptation
this anime must be throw a dirt into Madhouse face for half ass 3d shit adaptation overlord

Modified by NdanHM, Oct 7, 2018 2:06 PM
 
Oct 4, 2018 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6934
madarchod said:
As a manga reader myself can i please know that at which volume of the LN is the manga currently at?

I am not completely sure, so take my word with a grain of salt, but I'd estimate it somewhere around end of LN vol. 3 up to early part of LN vol. 4

That is if by "where the manga currently is" you refer to the monthly shounen sirius release and not the actual volume release, or even the english translation of the manga volumes. So yea, the estimate I made above is for manga chapter 44 ("In Brumund Kingdom, part 1") or 2-3 chapters further, since I didn't check up the exact newest release yet. I think the anime will reach this part around episodes 12-15, but it depends on how much stuff the manga has will be skipped so it can be continued to be sold as "manga exclusive content", because the manga is such a commercial success.



NdanHM said:

The series is confirmed to have 24 episodes. So no, it's not until Orc disaster. The fact that one of the key arts show


...and the fact that


...is shown TWICE in the opening, we can be sure that it at least passes the manga.
Modified by Grey-Zone, Oct 4, 2018 2:59 PM
 
Oct 4, 2018 2:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
i've got mixed feelings judging from just the 1st episode. Seemed like another isekai anime to me. Nothing too special, im still gonna follow the 3 episode rule to see what its really like
 
 
Oct 4, 2018 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5076
AzuFarisNyan said:
Haters gonna hate. Scores 2 but never watched it lol LuciferIAm


This is rich coming from you. lol
 
Oct 4, 2018 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1439
Honestly, I was bored throughout the episode. But I belive it can improve o the next episode. Animation is really great, but his slime life is pretty boring so far, and the fact this is a isekai doesn't help at all to make me more interested
Modified by Erwin_Sasageyo52, Oct 6, 2018 11:11 AM
 
Oct 4, 2018 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 508
Grey-Zone said:
madarchod said:
As a manga reader myself can i please know that at which volume of the LN is the manga currently at?

I am not completely sure, so take my word with a grain of salt, but I'd estimate it somewhere around end of LN vol. 3 up to early part of LN vol. 4

That is if by "where the manga currently is" you refer to the monthly shounen sirius release and not the actual volume release, or even the english translation of the manga volumes. So yea, the estimate I made above is for manga chapter 44 ("In Brumund Kingdom, part 1") or 2-3 chapters further, since I didn't check up the exact newest release yet. I think the anime will reach this part around episodes 12-15, but it depends on how much stuff the manga has will be skipped so it can be continued to be sold as "manga exclusive content", because the manga is such a commercial success.



NdanHM said:

The series is confirmed to have 24 episodes. So no, it's not until Orc disaster. The fact that one of the key arts show


...and the fact that


...is shown TWICE in the opening, we can be sure that it at least passes the manga.


Thanks for explaining everything in detail and Yes, the manga is currently at chapter 45
 
Oct 4, 2018 7:52 PM
Moe Lover

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
I wanna follow slime boi on his great adventure to build a harem(?) and use his slime abilities to take over the world. Along side with his new tsundere dragon friend I'm sure it's possible. Though I've heard there is a good story actually for this show so I'm excited to what adventures are to come. One thing I would also like to say is that I really like the art style.
 
Oct 4, 2018 11:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 34
felipeliborio said:
I'd prefer if he had kept his voice... But other than that, it was an amusing start.

Also:

Priorities

No matter the situation, keep focus on what really is important:







Yeah I was pretty disappointed they changed his voice also it was like we ended up getting a whole new character from who we were introduced too and also just made him look more childish. It was funnier with his deep voice turning into a cute slime.
 
 
Oct 5, 2018 12:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
Just like when everyone Who ridiculed or underestimated Rimuru for being a slime, cause other slimes gave them a bad reputation, alot of people seem to be hating this isekai because other isekais gave them a bad reputation too, dont be stereotypes for f*** sake, maybe u hav other reasons for being haters, so... Well whatever
 
Oct 5, 2018 12:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
RowinnDinosaur said:
felipeliborio said:
I'd prefer if he had kept his voice... But other than that, it was an amusing start.

Also:

Priorities

No matter the situation, keep focus on what really is important:







Yeah I was pretty disappointed they changed his voice also it was like we ended up getting a whole new character from who we were introduced too and also just made him look more childish. It was funnier with his deep voice turning into a cute slime.

Wouldnt it be weird if a slime had such a deep voice
 
Oct 5, 2018 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 221
gonna watch this til the end because i liked the manga of course.
 
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store