Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Mecha-ude pilot (which is labeled as Episode 4) has been released for Kickstarter backers.

Personally I had a fun time with it. The story is very standard shonen setup stuff but it's pretty well executed. The main draw for me was always the creativity and possibilities provided by the mechanical arms and in that regard it did not disappoint. The big fight was well choreographed and built up nicely to the final big attack.

The concept art during the end credits teases at some cool characters and developments for if this becomes a full series. I wish Sae Okamoto and the rest of the team good luck!
Sep 30, 2018 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah, this was neat. I like some of the little animation stuff in places rarely focused on broadcast anime. Character designs were also pretty fun.

I would watch some more of this.
Sep 30, 2018 6:40 PM
Jan 2018
Yeah، but i didn't like the english translation tho -_-
Sep 30, 2018 10:49 PM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed this despite being very typical shounen. The setting was interesting enough and the Mecha sidekicks were cool. I hope Sae gets what she was aiming for out of this pilot and is able to successfully launch a first season.
Oct 4, 2018 4:25 PM
Oct 2018
Does anyone know if it will be available to watch it for people who are not kickstarter users? I would like to watch it but I couldn't find it anywhere
Oct 5, 2018 11:54 PM
Feb 2015
I believe non-backers will also get the chance to watch it,
but backers just get it first.
Oct 13, 2018 6:18 AM
Oct 2018
BOBdotEXE said:
I believe non-backers will also get the chance to watch it,
but backers just get it first.

I hope it will be as you said.
Nov 16, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2017
Did this anime get cancelled or did it get delayed even further?
Nov 18, 2018 7:18 AM
Jul 2009
AllMightY said:
Did this anime get cancelled or did it get delayed even further?

already released on september 30th on vimeo for backers-only, physical release will follow later
Dec 17, 2018 12:18 PM
Oct 2018
Will it have more episodes?
Jan 1, 2019 3:41 AM
Jul 2017
Karren You can watch it on chia anime for free
Jan 1, 2019 4:46 AM

May 2017
It's just a single episode?
Jan 1, 2019 5:14 AM

Mar 2016
That’s it? One ep??
Jan 1, 2019 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
Haven't seen it yet, just read the synopsis, but seriously?
1)His name is "Hero"
2) the mecha arm that he has is literally named Mecha-Arm
3) they fight, strengthen their bond and find new friends
4) finds a female mc who he is attracted to
5) fight against evil/other people searching for the secrets of MC's power

There is literally ZERO effort in this story. Maybe the art is okay, maybe the sounds are okay, but the story itself right from the get-go shows a complete lack of effort.
How in seven hells did this get an adaptation?
Jan 1, 2019 6:54 AM

Sep 2009
Ryuseishun said:
That’s it? One ep??

IT's a kickstarter production so it doesn't have the funding of a full studio.

That being said if enough people show hype over it a good studio may make a full series on it which I'm guessing is the real goal of the kickstarter. To create this pilot in hopes of drawing attention.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2019 7:13 AM

Sep 2009
Shiniela said:
1)His name is "Hero"

There is literally ZERO effort in this story. Maybe the art is okay, maybe the sounds are okay, but the story itself right from the get-go shows a complete lack of effort.

First of all watch it before you trash it. A synopsis isn't always good at describing a series. Second it's not adapted from anything it is an ONA if you bothered to do more than skim the synopsis. Meaning it's anime original.

Third it's actually really good. Yes it follows a lot of the cliche of Shonen but it does so with effort and love.

IT's not following these cliche because it's a lazy production hitting a checklist of Shonen tropes. IT's following them because the makers clearly love classic shonen and wanted to make their own.

You can see if the final product they knew what makes shonen good and used even the most over used elements to the best effect.

IT's the difference between a production made by a buisness out for nothing but easy money and a production made by people who truly love what they are making.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2019 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Metazoxan_Dexal said:
Shiniela said:
1)His name is "Hero"

First of all watch it before you trash it. A synopsis isn't always good at describing a series. Second it's not adapted from anything it is an ONA if you bothered to do more than skim the synopsis. Meaning it's anime original.

Third it's actually really good. Yes it follows a lot of the cliche of Shonen but it does so with effort and love.

IT's not following these cliche because it's a lazy production hitting a checklist of Shonen tropes. IT's following them because the makers clearly love classic shonen and wanted to make their own.

You can see if the final product they knew what makes shonen good and used even the most over used elements to the best effect.

IT's the difference between a production made by a buisness out for nothing but easy money and a production made by people who truly love what they are making.

I'll take your word for it then. I'll check it out. Still think they could've used better names though
Jan 1, 2019 8:26 AM

Sep 2009
Shiniela said:
Metazoxan_Dexal said:

I'll take your word for it then. I'll check it out. Still think they could've used better names though

maybe. But sometimes using the most obvious names can be fun. Rather than some forgetable such and such name that's unique but just a name, this is memorable even if not for the best reasons.

But a the very least I still wouldn't say it's a lack of effort.... just maybe a bad choice in an effort to be more memorable.
Jan 1, 2019 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Well this was very very good, animation was just great, both the CGI and the 2D.
Plot was kinda interesting, and setting as well

Too bad it was just one episode, would have loved to see a full series out of this
XenocrisiJan 1, 2019 11:25 AM
Jan 1, 2019 9:48 AM

Jun 2015
WAIT WUT this has Ambivalent as its main theme? lol that song has been one of my favorites lately and hearing it was a pleasant surprise.

Nice animation for a kick-started thing, the effects and color direction were incredible, the character designs were a blessing and the whole thing was really fun. I'd love to see this become a full-blown series.
It kinda had Elsword, Tetsuwan Birdy, and Boku no Hero vibes, which I digged a lot.
Jan 1, 2019 11:13 AM
May 2013
I actually like this episode but online one... whaatttt 😭😭😭😭
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 1, 2019 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad. I hope the studio gets to make more anime. I found it amusing that the MC's Mecha-Ude was referred to as a Trigger Arm.
Jan 1, 2019 9:43 PM

Mar 2016
I watched it today. I wasn't expecting much of it since it's only 1 single episode. But, it was an enjoyable experience.

It's shounen + mecha fights. It shamelessly embraces the troupes of this genre and make it something of its own. Very impressive for this studio first anime.

I wish them best of luck for their future endeavors.
Jan 2, 2019 12:21 AM

Sep 2013
For an anime produced only by crowdfunding, this wasnt bad at all. Well you can tell sometimes that the animation quality is not up to par to anime these days, but the animation of mecha arms is really really good. Hopefully they get the funding they need to get a full series.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 2, 2019 5:09 PM

Oct 2015
Alma is such a good mecha-ude, but alarm would annoy me in a great way. Hikaru and Aki make a good team.

That power boost by Hikaru and Alma was amazingly animated. This would make a good series for sure. 6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 3, 2019 5:12 AM

Dec 2015
Very interesting anime. If this ONA become full series, I will really happy....

Jan 3, 2019 8:41 AM

Jul 2015
That was pretty good for only an episode excluding the villain being as generic as it gets (his attacks were cool tho), this anime reminded me to Busou Renkin, especially with the girl and her personality.

Sugita voicing the arm was an awesome addition to the cast and probably what will make this memorable to me if the project ends here, he added some solid comedy to this that I enjoyed.

6.5/10 from my part, I would be in to watch more of this.
Jan 3, 2019 12:33 PM
Sep 2018
It was pretty cool and the animation and art was very good considering that it was a kickstarter project. I really hope they can do more episodes.
Jan 3, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
really bad fake cgi anime. on top of that, redhead girl's attitude really ticked me off.
Jan 4, 2019 1:23 AM
Mar 2012
Tho plot sounded fairly generic shounen, but the designs, fight action were well animated with proper osts.
Has some cool flcl/Busou Renkin mech styles, mixed with the flaming right-arm of Twin Star Exorcist.
Nice concept designs in that ED.
Jan 4, 2019 8:21 AM

May 2012
It is not bad (even though the visuals looks shit)

It could end up being good if it gets full TV series
Jan 5, 2019 6:57 AM

Jun 2012

Black Rock Shooter vibes, anyone?

I went into this with zero expectations so I was pretty impressed with this. Some good fight scenes and it wasn't half-bad. I hope we do get a full official anime out of this.
Jan 5, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2016
Shiniela said:
1)His name is "Hero"

They really need to update the synopsis on MAL. The one on the official Mecha Ude website has a far better synopsis in my opinion. Also those aren't the actual names. I just saw the first episode and I honestly loved it.
The Main Character's name is 'Hikaru'
And the Mecha-arm's name is 'Alma'

The official website's synopsis:
'A century ago, mechanical life forms visited us from another dimension, seeking the life energy known as “arbitrium”, a resource that had been exhausted on their home planet. These beings compressed their bodies into “arms” in order to endure the dimensional crossing, and came to Earth in search of our abundant arbitrium supplies. By fusing with other forms of life, they became able to operate on our planet. And in secret, they made contact with a certain segment of humanity, beginning their search for the arbitrium.

Due to their appearance, people called these beings “Mecha-Ude”, or “MechaArms”.

Now, in the modern era, a cube containing a certain Mecha-Ude has been stolen from a lab owned by the megacorp known as the Kagami Group. Hikaru, a normal middle school boy, finds the cube by chance and breaks its seal. Inside is the Mecha-Ude Alma, who has just awakened from a century’s long slumber. Alma tries to fuse with Hikaru’s body, but…

A chance event leads Hikaru and Alma to start a strange life together...'
Source: http://mecha-ude.com
Jan 6, 2019 1:48 PM

Jul 2015
looks cool
id love to havesome more to be honest

Well...
Jan 7, 2019 2:02 AM
Jan 2013
I hope this pilot episode will get series.
Jan 10, 2019 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
It was both well animated and not well animated which led to a pretty strange watch lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 14, 2019 5:15 PM
Oct 2018
Kaneki20024 said:
Karren You can watch it on chia anime for free

Thanks. I had been waiting long time to be able to watch it. When I saw this message from you addressed to me, I felt something that could be described as happiness, it kind of fixed this night for me
Jan 17, 2019 5:01 AM
Mar 2014
TheFreycook said:
It was both well animated and not well animated which led to a pretty strange watch lol

Agreed, I think it because they spend the money too much or mostly for Voice Actor and the Music. I helped draw like 1 or 2 background for Mechaude 2 month before released, and I can see they really really in tight budget
qs2435Jan 17, 2019 5:06 AM
Jan 25, 2019 9:04 PM
Dec 2017
Interested to see more of it. I actually am, hope it'll release soon lol
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Feb 6, 2019 8:26 PM

Apr 2016
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would get. Wouldn't mind watching a TV series of this. :>
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Mar 10, 2019 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't know this was a kickstarter project. Well I hope this get a TV anime adapation.
May 3, 2019 6:35 AM
May 2019
Hey I’m new to this forum and new to this anime. I was wondering were I can find the episodes for this. If there are any for the non kickstarters. Just wondering if you can help it would be appreciated. Thx
May 11, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
@Mr_WeebTheGreat check out the other forum chat titled "Reina Scully video".

Legitimate YT links for the kickstarter project, only 1 episode.
May 11, 2019 7:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was a fun little episode. I wouldn't mind a full TV series seriously !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 13, 2019 2:15 AM
Mar 2018
Tsundere confirmed?
May 13, 2019 2:09 PM

Oct 2013
This has potential. I hope it really becomes a full series soon. I really really enjoyed watching the whole thing.
May 25, 2019 11:30 PM
May 2019
A very promising anime, and I hope to see more in the future.
Jun 29, 2019 10:56 PM

Dec 2015
A prototype boasting dynamic & fun action mixed with pleasant banter. The CGI was not disturbing (on the contrary!) and the simple designs that probably helped to make the production possible were fine. What else could you ask for this little project? Of course, it uses an over-used plan but this didn't spoil the 20mn of its short duration.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7/10 Pretty good prototype. Promising.

FMmatron said:
The 20 min on this were well spent. At the end I even wished for more episodes.

Glad you appreciated it. ^^ (I was too easily convinced because it reminded me slightly of BBK BRK, a somewhat average original action show I had a soft spot for)
It's funny how this kind of auto/net- financed short "proof-of-concept" movie can be so appealing despite using quite common things.
In case you haven't seen it yet, Cencoroll is an even better prototype (with a better wrapped-up little intrigue) that looks incredibly good for a limited team project.
(I could also mention Kemurikusa, the "baby" from the man who directed the 3DCGI manimals safari but this one was full CG and received somehow a TV development)
Rei_IIIJun 30, 2019 1:41 PM
Jun 30, 2019 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
Rei366 said:
A prototype boasting dynamic & fun action mixed with pleasant banter. The CGI was not disturbing (on the contrary!) and the simple designs that probably helped to make the production possible were fine. What else could you ask for this little project? Of course, it uses an over-used plan but this didn't spoil the 20mn of its short duration.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7/10 Pretty good prototype. Promising.

@FMmatron Since you tend to try anything, what about this?

The 20 min on this were well spent. At the end I even wished for more episodes.

@Rei366

I can't really compare it against something with dozens of episodes and a big names behind it, so in a sense it's easier to appreciate it. Although one shots usually don't reach the same emotional heights and I'm not that big into experimental stuff, that's pretty much my only "gripe".

I check out your other recs as well.
FMmatronJun 30, 2019 3:53 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2019 7:49 AM

Jul 2016
This feels to me, like the dictionary definition of "they've got the passion, but not the experience." Also, the English dub is hilariously awful.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Series announcement with first Key Visual and an introduction video from TriF Studio

AbelDande - Sep 14, 2022

6 by DarkLeafNinja »»
Sep 14, 2022 9:09 PM

» Reina Scully video

Fishbaby - May 11, 2019

3 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 12, 2019 2:49 PM

» Delay until September 2018

Leroyx - Aug 20, 2018

7 by Ericbj1 »»
Jan 6, 2019 9:03 PM

» I think I'm going to watch this

TJHooker - May 21, 2018

2 by YakoGa »»
Aug 31, 2018 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.