Forum Settings
Forums

Great Action & Plot Seinen or more mature style Anime

New
Sep 30, 2018 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
Hi
I am looking for some recommendations regarding anime with great action & plot that will keep me hooked making me wanna keep watching it, preferably Seinen or more mature style

can have look through my PTW list as Im not really sure what to start right now
Zapraszam POLSKOJĘZYCZNYCH - www.payhip.com/KacperAlgierskiTalesPL
K A T - Legenda Zza Światów - wstęp:
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
a także zaklęte stwory i złowrogie, nieokiełznane bestie
zamieszkiwały Zza Światy, pomiędzy którymi można było odbywać podróże.
Wiedza na ten temat była jednak przekazywana wyłącznie nielicznym wybrańcom.
Wielcy bohaterzy musieli stawać do walki ze złem, w obronie dobra,
by przezwyciężyć zagrażające równowadze mroczne widmo ciemności i chaosu
i zaprowadzić niezbędny wszem wobec praworządny ład i porządek.
Oto legenda jednego z nich…
Sep 30, 2018 12:15 PM

Sep 2018
* <--- this are stars
golden kamui(manga/anime)**** really great series i highly recommend this one you might like it
vinland saga(manga)** same as golden kamui
kingdom(preferably manga)*** both anime and manga is good it gets better on later chapters
vagabond*** i highly recommend this one aswell though i havent red it to the latest chapters
blades of immortal**** highly recommend this one aswell >< same as vagabond
Gunka no Baltzar*** its on my plan to watch i can't really talk about this one
btoom!!(manga preffered)*** really great action though lots of fanservice and really dark
akira*** really popular show maybe you have seen it but its not on your anime list so ill recommend it
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei*** fun but kind of confusing series the art looks weird but good
Iam a hero** if you like zombies
promise neverland** like death note on early parts but becomes like hunterxhunter on later parts
rakugo** this one isn't really action but its good so... yeah ><
Mousou Dairinin*** havent finished it but its a great mystery anime
gate** i dont know if this is considered "mature" show but its a good isekai show
arslan senki** A war anime you might want to check kingdom first
san gatsu no lion** same as rakugo not a action one
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin*** only seen couple of episodes though i think its pretty good
hellsing*** about vampires
20th century boys**** highly recommend this one though its not that focused on action
houseki no kuni*** ive seen that you checked the anime but the manga offers the continuation

Sep 30, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2010
kcp_snag said:
Hi
I am looking for some recommendations regarding anime with great action & plot that will keep me hooked making me wanna keep watching it, preferably Seinen or more mature style

The Rurouni Kenshin OVA on your PTW. Even if you have not seen anything Rurouni Kenshin, watch that.
Sep 30, 2018 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
Noticed that you haven't seen Jin-Roh

You should watch Jin-Roh, perfect blue or start with mushishi
Oct 1, 2018 6:47 AM

Mar 2018
Darklycan51 said:

Jin Rou (Action) and Perfect Blue (not action, thriller-horror-psychological), both of them will make you think a lot, but you will enjoy the plot twist.
Mushishi is NOT action, but still great AND YOU WILL LEARN SOME NEW LESSONS/ IDEOLOGY FROM IT.
you should also try Hinamatsuri and Sakamoto Desu Ga (comedy, and i consider it as action anime)
Oct 1, 2018 9:07 AM

May 2012
Juuni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms")

Kemono no Sou-ja Erin is based on another series of novels by the author of Seirei no Moribito. Like that show, Erin has more drama than action.

Oct 2, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
Berserk
Code Geass
Psycho Pass
Full Metal Panic
Claymore
Gungrave
Rose of Versailles
Basilisk
Blue Gender
Gantz
Shigurui Death Frenzy
Baccano
Muv Luv
Seraph of the End
Akame Ga kill
Cross Ange
Legend of Legendary heroes
Break Blade
Black Lagoon
Arslan Senki
Tokyo Ghoul
Gundam IBO
Gundam 00
Gangsta
Kabaneri of Iron Fortress
God Eater
Chrome Shelled Regios
Ergo Proxy
Oct 6, 2018 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
cenalexis said:
* <--- this are stars
golden kamui(manga/anime)**** really great series i highly recommend this one you might like it
kingdom(preferably manga)*** both anime and manga is good it gets better on later chapters
vagabond*** i highly recommend this one aswell though i havent red it to the latest chapters
btoom!!(manga preffered)*** really great action though lots of fanservice and really dark
akira*** really popular show maybe you have seen it but its not on your anime list so ill recommend it
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei*** fun but kind of confusing series the art looks weird but good
promise neverland** like death note on early parts but becomes like hunterxhunter on later parts
gate** i dont know if this is considered "mature" show but its a good isekai show
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin*** only seen couple of episodes though i think its pretty good
20th century boys**** highly recommend this one though its not that focused on action
houseki no kuni*** ive seen that you checked the anime but the manga offers the continuation

Thanks, but if you were to pick the really best out of them which ones would those be?
I aim solely for anime at this time, Im not reading any manga lately.
I am not looking for any average show, but something that will really pull me in.
4evaDC said:
kcp_snag said:
Hi

The Rurouni Kenshin OVA on your PTW. Even if you have not seen anything Rurouni Kenshin, watch that.

HI, thanks. Im kinda struggling with finishing basic Kenshin, im on 88th ep out of 96 or so, this tales of meji era is kinda mega boring lol
Darklycan51 said:

boyoungsi said:
Darklycan51 said:

Jin Rou (Action) and Perfect Blue (not action, thriller-horror-psychological), both of them will make you think a lot, but you will enjoy the plot twist.
Mushishi is NOT action, but still great AND YOU WILL LEARN SOME NEW LESSONS/ IDEOLOGY FROM IT.
you should also try Hinamatsuri and Sakamoto Desu Ga (comedy, and i consider it as action anime)

I just watched it, was quite really good though it wasnt mind-blowing
I was looking for more action focused series but I guess I will start with Mushishi
SeijiSensei said:

Kemono no Sou-ja Erin is based on another series of novels by the author of Seirei no Moribito. Like that show, Erin has more drama than action.

Is twelve kingdoms really that good? I remember checking info about it in the past but for some reason didnt find it appealing enough
RandomChampion said:
Berserk
Code Geass
Psycho Pass
Full Metal Panic
Claymore
Gungrave
Rose of Versailles
Basilisk
Blue Gender
Gantz
Shigurui Death Frenzy
Baccano
Muv Luv
Seraph of the End
Akame Ga kill
Cross Ange
Break Blade
Black Lagoon
Arslan Senki
Tokyo Ghoul
Gundam IBO
Gundam 00
Gangsta
God Eater
Chrome Shelled Regios
Ergo Proxy

Seems like a really solid list, though I have seen a lot of the shows you've listed. Could you maybe pick best ones from the one that I still havent seen?
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
Oct 6, 2018 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
From your PTW, I'd say go for Haibane Renmei, it's an awesome show. Rose of Versailles and the Kon stuff is good too.

You might want to check Area 88, Ping-Pong the animation, Eve no Jikan, and Sunabouzu since you loved Trigun.

Oct 6, 2018 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
kcp_snag said:
cenalexis said:
* <--- this are stars

Thanks, but if you were to pick the really best out of them which ones would those be?
I am not looking for any average show, but something that will really pull me in.
4evaDC said:

HI, thanks. Im kinda struggling with finishing basic Kenshin, im on 88th ep out of 96 or so, this tales of meji era is kinda mega boring lol
Darklycan51 said:

boyoungsi said:

I was looking for more action focused series but I guess I will start with Mushishi
SeijiSensei said:

Is twelve kingdoms really that good? I remember checking info about it in the past but for some reason didnt find it appealing enough
RandomChampion said:
Berserk
Code Geass
Psycho Pass
Full Metal Panic
Claymore
Gungrave
Rose of Versailles
Basilisk
Blue Gender
Gantz
Shigurui Death Frenzy
Baccano
Muv Luv
Seraph of the End
Akame Ga kill
Cross Ange
Break Blade
Black Lagoon
Arslan Senki
Tokyo Ghoul
Gundam IBO
Gundam 00
Gangsta
God Eater
Chrome Shelled Regios
Ergo Proxy

Seems like a really solid list, though I have seen a lot of the shows you've listed. Could you maybe pick best ones from the one that I still havent seen?

Action focused series aren't usually considered mature but aimed at "young boys" (mostly considered shonens), other than sports anime like hajime no ippo.

That's why I suggested more "mature" anime (notice that they aren't really that much action focused, especially mushishi, it's very calm.
Oct 6, 2018 7:04 PM

Sep 2018
I don't know i like every single one of them ><.... but most of the manga i suggest were really good.. escpecially golden kamui, kingdom, 20th century boys and alice in borderland.. though you dont feel like reading i suggest the anime of kingdom, golden kamui(if your ok with bad cgi), rakugo (thogh not really action),juuni kokuki, Mousou Dairini, 91 dayss, banana fish , steingate 0 and ... something something ramen haha i forgot title... check kingdom and golden kamui if you dont mind cgi...
Oct 7, 2018 4:28 AM

Jan 2014
Clebardman said:
From your PTW, I'd say go for Haibane Renmei, it's an awesome show. Rose of Versailles and the Kon stuff is good too.

You might want to check Area 88, Ping-Pong the animation, Eve no Jikan, and Sunabouzu since you loved Trigun.

Ok thanks, you are not the first to actually remind me about Haibane Renmei that I have on my list for quite long after plenty of recommendations towards it.

Area88, Eve no Jikan and sunabouzu landed on my ptw. Though im not so sure about the Ping-Pong thing? Not really into sport anime (maybe fighting sports)
Darklycan51 said:
kcp_snag said:

Action focused series aren't usually considered mature but aimed at "young boys" (mostly considered shonens), other than sports anime like hajime no ippo.

That's why I suggested more "mature" anime (notice that they aren't really that much action focused, especially mushishi, it's very calm.

Well, im not ONLY after action focused series, although the right amount of action in a series is something that usually gets me going. I cant agree that action has to be mainly shonen aimed at mostly teenage audience, as I wrote in my topics main post, im looking for seinen or more mature style anime. If you looked on my profile & favourites it could give you a better insight, even if only slightly
I can also confirm Mushishi as I just finished the first episode and it really is interesting
cenalexis said:
I don't know i like every single one of them ><.... but most of the manga i suggest were really good.. escpecially golden kamui, kingdom, 20th century boys and alice in borderland.. though you dont feel like reading i suggest the anime of kingdom, golden kamui(if your ok with bad cgi), rakugo (thogh not really action),juuni kokuki, Mousou Dairini, 91 dayss, banana fish , steingate 0 and ... something something ramen haha i forgot title... check kingdom and golden kamui if you dont mind cgi...
Yes I do understand that you recommended me anime that you really liked, tho they may not be exactly what Im looking for. I thank you anyway and gonna have a look through them, but for more precise recommendation you could have a look on my profile & my favs to have a better picture of what im really into
Oct 7, 2018 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
@kcp_snag you dun watch Ping-Pong for the ping-pong, you watch it for the awesome animation and conversations between coaches and their pupils :p
Oct 7, 2018 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
Clebardman said:
@kcp_snag you dun watch Ping-Pong for the ping-pong, you watch it for the awesome animation and conversations between coaches and their pupils :p
I hope its a must-watch masterpiece then?

suckonthis said:
Just ignore cenalexis. He just likes to show off his "superior" anime and manga knowledge rather than giving simple recs, same as RandomChampion. Leaving that aside, here are a few recs that you'd like;

Seirei no Moribito
R.O.D. OVA
Akira
DenpaTeki na Kanojo
Kurozuka
Onihei

From your PTW Kenshin and Vampire Hunter D are good choices.

I have seen Seirei no Moribito already, i really liked it, even though it was focused more on telling its story than action itself, I think it was really, really good
Kurozuka was already on my ptw, I must have forgotten to add Akira before (that one is referred to as one of the must watch classics) and I will have a look on the others as well, Thanks a lot

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

17 by duchessliz87 »»
3 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 11 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
5 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
5 hours ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - Yesterday

3 by JKKH »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.