Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 29, 2018 11:34 PM

Mar 2012
So what happen a good and alternate ending?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Sep 29, 2018 11:59 PM

Apr 2008
Too bad they never referenced the pancakes. The pancakes would've tied it all together.

This essentially followed the game's plot exactly, and there's still a few fights left. Watching this after beating the game was decent fun, just to see the social link choices that they chose to animate.

Edit: To all the people calling this the bad ending; the exact clues that they used in the game to indicate the good ending are present in this episode. Calm your collective tits, things will be explained in the specials.
blahrgnessSep 30, 2018 12:02 AM
Sep 30, 2018 2:26 AM

May 2017
Since I'm not familiar with the game, can anyone tell me how this is even an ending, I mean our main guy was killed by the evil detective right? Is there any alternate settings I can follow which leads right after this, or we've to wait for the next season whenever it comes or am I missing something in the finale?
Sep 30, 2018 2:35 AM

Jan 2015
That was not the finale. Just a cliffhanger. Everything is explained and makes perfect sense but I guess they're doing the rest in specials or OVA's? Weird to end the season at that, there's content for like 6 or more episodes.
Sep 30, 2018 2:51 AM

Feb 2018
Well that was... Interesting. Cannot say that I expected this, I am looking forward to the specials to see how this wraps up.
Sep 30, 2018 3:04 AM

Feb 2014
As I thought, Persona 5 did the same thing as The Ancient Magus' Bride did back in March by having the properly animated 2nd opening for the last episode. As for the opening itself, it looked really good and I already prefer it to the already impressive 1st opening animation.

The episode itself ended where I thought it would do and quality-wise for the visuals, it also looked great. Akechi's psycho face as he shot Ren in the face was creepy, but also cool.

Overall though, Persona 5 Animation didn't hit my expectations as much as I wanted it to. Like with many shows I've watched this year, this was effected by certain episodes suffering from below-average animation and visual quality and it kept that inconsistent quality throughout its 26 episode run. Half the time, we get episodes that looked great, then other episodes where it looked bad.

Pacing-wise, it was a big ask to condense a 100+ hour game into this many episodes so far and a few episodes suffered from bad pacing. In P5A's defence, though, the pacing for the palaces, most of the time, was better than Persona 4 Animation's dungeon episodes that sometimes lasted only 2 episodes each.

Either way, the original content and new scenes that expanded certain moments of the show was a small bonus and the humorous scenes, like Haru's first introduction in her father's palaces, was done much better in the anime than in the game.

7/10 is my score of P5A and I look forward to seeing how the announced specials will adapt the game to its end. =)

MaxxV said:
Since I'm not familiar with the game, can anyone tell me how this is even an ending, I mean our main guy was killed by the evil detective right? Is there any alternate settings I can follow which leads right after this, or we've to wait for the next season whenever it comes or am I missing something in the finale?

The specials will be following the true ending route of the game, hence why Ryuji said "Just kidding!" after the credits. I won't spoil what happens next for the true route, unless you decide to watch the walkthrough or play the game itself, but for the bad end, Ren would end up selling out his teammates and confidants/social links to Sae, then Akechi comes along with the scene playing out as shown in this episode, the credits role afterwards and then the game will try to make you do a new game +.

I hope this helps you understand the last scene a bit better. =)
Sep 30, 2018 3:45 AM

Jan 2015
It’s a damn good thing that I saw there’s going to be more Persona 5 to come by year’s end, cuz that would’ve been a shit ending, for sure!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 30, 2018 4:04 AM

Mar 2018
Episode name: I won't let it end here

The protagonist dies. The End.

I see what you did there...

Last episode my ass! It's not even the proper bad ending from the game. Although I can relate that they want to end the broadcast like this to confuse anime-only watchers, I doubt an OVA would be enough to cover the rest of the stories unless it's 4~5 hours long. Every game-players know that there's a shitload remaining to be animated. Sigh... my most anticipated calling card scene and boss fight are gonna be rushed really bad :(((((

I CALLED BS.

It's good that they used final dungeon BGM for ED but new visuals for OP is f*cking too late! Wth?

Sep 30, 2018 4:11 AM

Mar 2018
Blackbird said:
POG, what hell happen here?

I guess this is bad ending of game right, but what a hell start with that.

No, it's not a bad ending. Everything what has happened is all according to keikaku, including MC's death. The bad ending in the game is when you choose to sell out your comrades when Sae asked you.

Sep 30, 2018 4:32 AM
Aug 2015
Did anyone noticed Ryuji grinning at the very end of the episode? Anyway, I'm looking forward for the continuation.
Sep 30, 2018 4:33 AM

May 2017
Meta_Yoshi said:
As I thought, Persona 5 did the same thing as The Ancient Magus' Bride did back in March by having the properly animated 2nd opening for the last episode. As for the opening itself, it looked really good and I already prefer it to the already impressive 1st opening animation.

The episode itself ended where I thought it would do and quality-wise for the visuals, it also looked great. Akechi's psycho face as he shot Ren in the face was creepy, but also cool.

Overall though, Persona 5 Animation didn't hit my expectations as much as I wanted it to. Like with many shows I've watched this year, this was effected by certain episodes suffering from below-average animation and visual quality and it kept that inconsistent quality throughout its 26 episode run. Half the time, we get episodes that looked great, then other episodes where it looked bad.

Pacing-wise, it was a big ask to condense a 100+ hour game into this many episodes so far and a few episodes suffered from bad pacing. In P5A's defence, though, the pacing for the palaces, most of the time, was better than Persona 4 Animation's dungeon episodes that sometimes lasted only 2 episodes each.

Either way, the original content and new scenes that expanded certain moments of the show was a small bonus and the humorous scenes, like Haru's first introduction in her father's palaces, was done much better in the anime than in the game.

7/10 is my score of P5A and I look forward to seeing how the announced specials will adapt the game to its end. =)

MaxxV said:

The specials will be following the true ending route of the game, hence why Ryuji said "Just kidding!" after the credits. I won't spoil what happens next for the true route, unless you decide to watch the walkthrough or play the game itself, but for the bad end, Ren would end up selling out his teammates and confidants/social links to Sae, then Akechi comes along with the scene playing out as shown in this episode, the credits role afterwards and then the game will try to make you do a new game +.

I hope this helps you understand the last scene a bit better. =)

Thanks for the help. Guess i've to wait for the specials to come.
Sep 30, 2018 5:43 AM

May 2012
I did not play the game.

DId the main character actually die ?!! I don't have problem with spoilers.
Sep 30, 2018 5:50 AM
Jun 2017
wow!!! what an ending that is, started with a special OP OST and then ended with the detective killing Ren. ohh!!! i am surprised by this one, but this final episode just show his true colors... hahaha
Sep 30, 2018 6:52 AM
Apr 2017
Detective Akechi killed Ren and cased closed 😂😂.
Sep 30, 2018 7:41 AM

Jul 2016
Meh, no full adaptation. This was decent, but I still like the P4 adaptation more.
This didn't really do justice to the game's unique combat mechanics and the story/supportive characters interactions seemed weird at times and a bit rushed. I didn't really feel this when I watched P4, but still, this wasn't bad.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Sep 30, 2018 8:50 AM

Sep 2007
Not surprised they choose the cliffhanger option to finish this season. Wonder how much episodes they will make for the last arc? 4 should be enough i think.

Overall this adaptation is inferior to P3 movies and P4 anime. Main problem is the protagonist has no personality at all. This isn't a problem in the game since we control the MC. Here we have to watch a guy who can only acknowledge that the others decide and show really little leadership.

For this arc, all the traitor thing is better brought in the game. Not that the clues aren't present here but you can have some suspicions on other members of the team too.
Sep 30, 2018 9:01 AM
Aug 2015
booyah10 said:
Philemon does his thing again.

Can someone familiar with the persona series explain the blue butterfly in Makoto's eye?

What died? Or who died at that point? Makoto?

It usually means someone died as shown in the previous games like P3.
well if your ok with it, its a spoiler so

Sep 30, 2018 9:29 AM

Dec 2017
The new opening was so perfect, it makes you wonder why they just didn't use it throughout the series in the first place.

What a way to end the series. I played the game so I can pretty much expect what will happen in the upcoming special they announced, but i can see why anime only viewers wouldn't like it.

Overall, it was a decent adaption. Animation wasn't the best, and some parts definitely feel rushed compared to the game, but I didn't expect to have the same experience as the game anyway, since that's why it exists in the first place!

Overall, 6/10 for me simply because I got to re-experience my beloved Phantom Thieves in action once more.
shikinoutaOct 1, 2018 8:38 PM
Sep 30, 2018 10:01 AM

May 2016
Not bad not bad I guess the directon was really good but that last part when he shot Ren why did they changed it the scene from the game was so fulfilling. Well I guess it's worth 5.5/10 but since we can't give that rating I give it 6/10
tzarye14 said:
Wait... WUTTTT? Since when was he a bad guy? Did I missed something or was it a fake ending? That post credit scene was weird... And wasn't this supposed to continue? Is it gonna have a season 2 or something?
Didn't you see the last 5 seconds after the credits they just tricked Akechi I'm saying because the series isn't done and they Knew he sold them out and Ryuji's smirk is a proof that Mr.Mc aka Emotionless dude is still alive and kicking ass.
RaizelSep 30, 2018 10:06 AM
Sep 30, 2018 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
MaxxV said:

Since you haven't played the game, it's hard to mention anything without spoiling. Just wait for the special in December to tie things up. If you want to be spoiled I can tell you.
Sep 30, 2018 12:11 PM

May 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
MaxxV said:

Since you haven't played the game, it's hard to mention anything without spoiling. Just wait for the special in December to tie things up. If you want to be spoiled I can tell you.

Yeah spoil me, i don't mind.
Sep 30, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 2008
imean...i knwe it was bad...but this bad, wow, the director of this anime is a name i will take note of, he sucks a whole lot...

i mean, ofc i'm here because i played the game already, if not i dont get how anyone could've enjoyed this shit
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 30, 2018 12:51 PM

Sep 2014
You can now add Persona 5 The Animation (without specials) to the "Top Animes where main MC die", "Top Animes where main MC loses to evil" or "Top WTF endings" etc.
Sep 30, 2018 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
MaxxV said:
Lelouch0202 said:

thepath said:
I did not play the game.

Alright, you guys asked for it so I'm gonna explain exactly what happened this episode. If you intend to play the game at some point, which I strongly suggest you do then don't read it.
For anyone else who also wants to know what happened, read below.
Sep 30, 2018 3:49 PM
Sep 2018
I'm going with the episode count they showed in episode 25. They'll probably make the special either 3 episodes or at least 1 hour long to cover the rest of the story for the true ending xD

New OP was great seeing all the confidants appear in it alongside the gang. They must have waited for this episode because Ren wasn't at rank 10 confidants until the end of last episode where they helped him get through the dungeon =P
Sep 30, 2018 3:58 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
The new opening was amazing - hope they keep it for the special that is coming out at the end of the year.

I'm not at all surprised that Akechi was a bad guy, and most likely the guy with the black mask. I hope they sum up the true ending better with the special, although I'm not sure why they went for the bad ending for the completion of this anime. I'd rather they just continued it as they plan to with Satsuriku no Tenshi.
Sep 30, 2018 4:58 PM

Dec 2015
I feel sad for people who haven't played the game and watched this (I almost was one of them). If the game had a proper adaptation, I could easilly give it a 10 (And as you can see I don't give this rate too much). I just played the game for curiosity, and I didn't knew anything about the Persona series, and it just blew me away with such a great story
Sep 30, 2018 9:47 PM
Oct 2017
I played the game..out of all the three endings the director should have gone with the true ending..instead of that this modafkr went with the bad ending..lackluster adaptation it is.
Sep 30, 2018 9:55 PM
Oct 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
MaxxV said:

thepath said:
I did not play the game.

Alright, you guys asked for it so I'm gonna explain exactly what happened this episode. If you intend to play the game at some point, which I strongly suggest you do then don't read it.

So eventually ren is alive ..what you explained..are they going to show them in the anime ?
Oct 1, 2018 2:21 AM

May 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
MaxxV said:

thepath said:
I did not play the game.

Yeah i noticed the glitching when butterflies appeared on Ren's eye and also Ryouji's smile at the end which gave us a pretty nice clue that Ren was not dead that but how that's what i can't wait for December. So thanks for explaining. Looking forward to the new episodes
Oct 1, 2018 3:16 AM

Jan 2016
It didn't bring anything new to Persona 5, but it was still Persona 5 and I enjoyed it! Would have given it an 8 for the story and characters alone but the animation and art were sloppy to many damn times. I for one don't think it was bad, if you came looking for an alternative Persona 5 or something new, then I guess you'd be disappointed. But I only watched this cause I love Persona 5 so much, and it was entertaining!

7/10
Oct 1, 2018 5:17 AM

Dec 2014
Uchiha-D-Ichigo said:
Lelouch0202 said:

So eventually ren is alive ..what you explained..are they going to show them in the anime ?

Yeah, you'll see it in the specials that come out in December.
Oct 1, 2018 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
What a shit series. It was good for the first 5 ep then it’s gone downhill
Oct 1, 2018 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Tell me that ending is a joke
Oct 2, 2018 2:10 AM

Oct 2008
All I can say on this episode is "WTF!?!?" "WTF!?!?" "WTF!?!?"
haha I was shocked!
now I'm gonna read some discussion to clear-up things!
5/5.
7/10.

Oct 2, 2018 7:04 AM

Jan 2018
So wtf happened at the end of the episode,
Oct 2, 2018 9:20 AM

Aug 2015
@Panji_Darmawan

This is the true ending, dumbass. Didn't you see the "show him the phone" thing?
And your comment spoils the true ending.

booyah10 said:
Philemon does his thing again.

Can someone familiar with the persona series explain the blue butterfly in Makoto's eye?

What died? Or who died at that point? Makoto?

It usually means someone died as shown in the previous games like P3.

This is not Makoto's. It's the MC's.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Oct 2, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, i really don't know how to feel about it, they just surprised me. I was sad and a little disgusted with the end, but after reading the comments it seems like there will be a special or second season, so i hope Persona 5 surprise me the same or better with what's coming.

Oct 2, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2016
Why did it end like this? How can it end like this?? This can't end like this!!!

I was hopping Ren can bring justice with his own hands by defeating Akechi. Akechi you traitor! Ren trusted you! Everyone trusted you and you decide to make a fool on themselves? Not cool! What a bad detective. The worst!

I have to drop 1 point so, 7/10. This needs a OVA for the real ending!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 2, 2018 2:02 PM

Sep 2007
For some reasons i had reserves about Akechi since his first appearence when i played the game. And the fact that he possesses such a powerful persona when he says he has never been in the Metaverse makes him even more suspicious. And as shown by flashbacks, Ren and Morgana also had serious doubts :-).

You will see during the special who arrive this winter.
Oct 2, 2018 5:08 PM

Apr 2013
If any of you think that this is the "real" ending or even close to it, you've gotta get your head checked out. This is literally just the start of the best part of the game story-wise, and by far the best climax of the game. The real question is how long the true ending will be...
Oct 2, 2018 5:13 PM
Sep 2014
Can someone tell me what crime they are accused of?

Like isn't everything happening inside the metaverse/palace happening inside the "Victims" heart?

So in the real world a calling would come and soon after the "victim" would have a change of heart. The police should have no indication of a crime happening. The "victim" would just suddenly change.

I'm kind of confused about his whole arrest. I mean the police even beat the crap out of a kid. It's just really weird.
Oct 2, 2018 8:46 PM

Sep 2011
Man, if only A1 had the balls to just let this ending stand on it's own. It would be hilarious. Instead because they can't do their job properly and actually pace the story to fit their episode count the anime is left without its ending.

It's just like fellow shitty anime Fate/Extra and Satsuriku no Tenshi
Oct 3, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2017
SHOOKT
DIDN'T EXPECT THAT

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 3, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2015
NagoyaR said:
Can someone tell me what crime they are accused of?

Like isn't everything happening inside the metaverse/palace happening inside the "Victims" heart?

So in the real world a calling would come and soon after the "victim" would have a change of heart. The police should have no indication of a crime happening. The "victim" would just suddenly change.

I'm kind of confused about his whole arrest. I mean the police even beat the crap out of a kid. It's just really weird.

They have been set up. Akechi killed Okumura's shadow after the change of heart, so when Okumura had a change of heart and wanted to reveal the true culprit, he died. This death was pinned on the phantom thieves. It means that they are accused of murder, as well as having all the psychotic breakdowns and mental shutdown were all pinned on them as well. In fact, the true culprit did all of that.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man, if only A1 had the balls to just let this ending stand on it's own. It would be hilarious. Instead because they can't do their job properly and actually pace the story to fit their episode count the anime is left without its ending.

It's just like fellow shitty anime Fate/Extra and Satsuriku no Tenshi

Both Satsuriku no Tenshi and Persona 5 have their endings in the making right now and will "arrive" in the forseeable future.
It's because it exceeds the seasonal format of TV broadcasts that "specials" are created in order to end and close an anime. Be it OVA, ONA, web format or whatever.
SirLezardOct 3, 2018 8:06 AM
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Oct 3, 2018 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
Tony_SansNom said:

Both Satsuriku no Tenshi and Persona 5 have their endings in the making right now and will "arrive" in the forseeable future.
It's because it exceeds the seasonal format of TV broadcasts that "specials" are created in order to end and close an anime. Be it OVA, ONA, web format or whatever.

I know this. They should've either paced it to fit the tv runs they had or go all the way and spread it over another cour. God nows P5 coulda used it with all the stuff they cut.
Oct 4, 2018 9:49 AM

Apr 2010
I wanted a different cliffhanger at the end, it's just the bad ending of the game. Many people will not watch the sequel after that conclusion.
6/10, not a great adaptation, the story from the game is really strong but the adaptation has cut too much.

Yvonnelim99 said:
So what happen a good and alternate ending?

There are at least other 10 hours of story before the ending.
Oct 5, 2018 11:15 AM

May 2014
MaxxV said:

It's not an ending, just the end of the 1st Season, or the season.
We will ge the real endng with some OVA or a movie / next season.
Oct 5, 2018 3:52 PM

May 2017
The OP we deserved. A great finale to an underwhelming series that should have been so much more.

Here's hoping the OVA knocks it out of the park. I aint holding my breath unfortunately.

Oct 5, 2018 6:08 PM

Mar 2014
Wow that ending is such a troll move to anime onlys considering they didn't even explain
I don't mind, since I already played the game ,but I can definitely see why some would be upset with that kind of ending.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Jan 9, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.