Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 30, 2018 1:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale to a really interesting and education show!

It’s been a really fun watch seeing Red Blood Cell’s journeys and mishaps. Initially, I honestly didn’t think I’d love this show, but now I can say confidently that I really enjoyed this show and will miss it for a long time coming. All the cast: the macrophages, platelets, white blood cells, mast cells, B-cells and all the others really made this a wonderful watch. I really liked how accurate and imaginative the show was, myself being a Biology student for a while, I can say for certain this was easily much more interesting and worth my time. Credits to the writer for making this and human Biology seem a lot more interesting than it’s supposed to be. Most importantly, this show made me realise just how important and vital it is for donating blood! I’ll surely try to recall this show when such situations arise.

As for the whole show in general, the episodic nature of this show made things a little repetitive of sorts but it still managed to deliver each and very week. Characterization of the show was evident although only a certain few of the characters received them. Sound Department and Art/Animation remained constantly excelling, so that was brilliant company to have. Action sequences, and the overall detailed background art and the VA in particular were top-notch, but so were the Op and EDso no complaints whatsoever. All in all, a brilliant watch, like I mentioned earlier.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 7/10
- Characterization/Character Development: 7.5/10
- Art/Animation: 9/10
- Sound Department: 8/10
- Personal Enjoyment: 9/10

-> Overall: Solid 8.25/10!
I’m looking forward to a Season 2 if there’ll ever be one or any more episodes in whatever format! I hope David Production gets around to adapt the Black series too!
_MushiRock11_Sep 30, 2018 8:56 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2018 2:09 AM
Jan 2018
Finally Is The Last Episode *sob sob*
Super great anime, damn unique and did a great job in every aspect, no sh1tty ending, good way to wrap up the show and learn quite a lot.
Will it have season 2? My expectation is low but hope will have a second season, overall 10/10
Sep 30, 2018 2:43 AM
Oct 2017
That delivering oxygen montage was funny as. I looked they were running backwards :P
Sep 30, 2018 5:05 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. This was really thought provoking. It's just the daily life of your cells inside your body, but when it comes to huge injuries, it really does a fantastic job showing you what it looks like in your body. So much horror and death. The cancer villain was fantastic aswell. One of the best anime this year, and I really hope there is a second season.
Sep 30, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
Let's sum up this whole season, shall we.

Repetition. Constantly reoccurring template of events that manage to make the show dull/stale after the first few episodes.

Excessively slow narration with hardly any visual exposition, clearly targeted towards those with mental capacity of 6 year-old, repeating multiple times, just in case you did manage to understand the information in the first three.

Main character #1: The Red Blood cell, a walking jumble of cliches, seemingly designed to be a 'waifu' material above everything else.
- An air head that is always lost, a running gag that supposedly adds immense depth to the character.
- She always happens to be where the danger is lurking and all of the things are happening, must be coincidence.
- Constantly apologizing.
- Generally useless...unless the plot demands it.
- Yelling.
- Enter terrible mentoring skills.

Main character #2: The white blood cell, also known as, the guy who has romantic interest in MC #1. Though, he seemingly loves to yell and kill stuff 'n things more than anything else.
- Always shows up to save the day.
- Plot armor.

General characters: "This shallow, cliched backstory is going to make the characters seem more appealing and developed, right?"

The antagonists, the bad guys, the villains: "Here we are. *insert narration* You will surrender all your goods and perish. This world is now ours. We are evil and unstoppable."
- Sets the world record in the irrelevant opposition and overconfidence category.
- Proceed to be destroyed with ease.

Unnecessarily over-extended scenes of dialogue.

Moe abuse.

Pointlessly dramatic scenes.

Average CGI stiffly running away from things, falling in things and being re-used in things.

Different ideas are great, however, the execution was poor. The manga is likely not any better.

dePuddiSep 30, 2018 5:22 AM
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Sep 30, 2018 6:41 AM
Apr 2018
Yes! I was expecting an episode about a blood transfusion (although a bit more tear-jerking, but this was good enough).

I'm gonna miss this and its opening.
Sep 30, 2018 7:34 AM
Jun 2017
GREAT FINAL EPISODE- I JUST LOVE HOW THEY HAVE PRESENTED THE s/sx of HEMORRHAGIC SHOCK in here... and this one just shows how important RBC's in our body... hahaha...

Well i also love how they have shown the blood transfusion cells in that body... hahaha... thats why WE MUST DONATE OUR BLOOD TO THOSE IN NEED!!!!

Anyways i love what the lil kouhai have said to RBC regarding work and for me that is 100% true that work is not just all about what you have loearned, its also about how dedicated you are onto it and at the same time the experiences you are having with it..

LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH, I HAVE APPRECIATED IT...
Sep 30, 2018 8:23 AM

Feb 2014
That was a great final episode. Our favourite RBC was very courageous, although the midst of despair got the better of her kouhai. Thankfully, when RBC got overwhelmed by the snow, the blood transfusions came to the rescue and was able to get the body back in working order.

I'll say that this was also the best looking episode overall, too. A good couple of close-up shots of RBC showed a lot of detailing that looked great. =)

Overall, this show has been thoroughly enjoyable. Sure, the episode structure was a bit repetitive at times and the animation felt stiff sometimes, but the amount of charm and funny moments that this show produced has made it one of my favourites this season. A second season would be very welcome, of course. ^_^

Final score: 8/10.
Sep 30, 2018 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
a good weird anime that ill weirdly miss lol
Sep 30, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Love it! Maybe it is a educative show but the way how they handled the characters gave it alot live like watching a unique slice of life anime.

Definitely an anime that everyone should watch at least once.
Sep 30, 2018 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
I was really expecting a sad, dark end for this episode to kill (in the two means) the comical cycle seen in almost every ep, but got the best and "serene" joke with the blood transfusion. However this ending wasn't like... an ending. It was just the routine's progression, showing the insignificance of the cell's individuality no matter if they look and behave like humans. Good ending, bad end.
Sep 30, 2018 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
zcv45 said:
WHAT ABOUT HER SENPAI!?!?!?!? We never saw her again, don't tell me she got sucked out D:

Isn't that her near the end ? 🤔

Sep 30, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
Even before they revealed it was a blood transfusion, I had a strong feeling it was because of the kansaiben accent lol and also the different design in their uniforms. I was really happy for them when they got the transfusion. I haven't experience a blood transfusion before but my cousin did after losing a lot of blood during an accident and it saved his life. This episode made me emotional because it brought back those memories.

This was a wonderful series. Not sure if it will ever get a second season though but I can always continue from the manga.
臭い-
Sep 30, 2018 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
After this episode: WHERE CAN I DONATE BLOOD

[/img][/center]
Sep 30, 2018 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
I really enjoyed this show.
The spin-off Hataraku Saibou: Black needs an adaptation!
Sep 30, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2018
I'm really going to miss this anime. It was a joyfull ride. When can I buy the DVD?
As I said when I saw the first episode "Anime of the year!"

1 2 3 4, WE ARE CELLS AT WORK! :-D
Season 2 when? Please?

Still to bad we didn't see Red Blood Cell-chan ride the bone train.
And yes, to be fair you need a very high I.Q. to understand this reference.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 30, 2018 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
The last episode and this one were really dark but i'm glad it all ended well! A new hope :D

Honestly, this one was one of the most creative and interesting animes i've seen, i never thought that our body functioning could be such a great manga/anime xD

I hope that her senpai is ok :/

Anime is such a weird thing xD Because you never know when you might start shipping a WBC with a RBC haha

From what i heard, this anime is selling really good in Japan so i guess a 2nd season is just a matter of time ;)
Can't wait for more!!
8-9/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 30, 2018 5:12 PM
Aug 2017
I was worried the body would not resist, but they gave us a nice finalle, with a good message about how transfusion would save lifes! That's awesome!
I was hoping for more episodes, tho. Maybe I'll read the manga to see more of it.

Anyway, I loved it. I enjoyed and even learned some things from it! Nice premise! If I were a teacher I would definitively recommend this for my class!
I give 8/10!
I hope we get a new season someday! Or a adaption of the Spin Off (Hataraku Saibou BLACK).
Sep 30, 2018 5:52 PM

Aug 2018
Easily the best episode of the season. I predict there will be a season two. Don’t lewd the platelets!
Sep 30, 2018 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
Found this show mostly boring, but did enjoy these last two eps. From what I hear, Black seems more up my alley, hope that gets an adaptation eventually.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 30, 2018 8:07 PM

Jul 2016
I liked this episode although I liked the previous one a little more because of the uncertainty it gave me.
This one also kept the serious tone regarding blood lost due to an hemorrhage. However, I must say I found the moments where they tried to lighten up the atmosphere from a serious tone to a funny one... kind of abrupt.

All in all, it was a good episode for a season finale. The tension was there and fortunately, Main RBC didn't "die". Although a lot of her comrades did :/ RIP RBCs who were expelled from the body.

And regarding the series as a whole, I really enjoyed it. It was very informative and the characters were very likeable. The "monster of the week" formula didn't bother me at all an Platelet-chan is probably the most adorable character I've seen in the year.

I personally don't expect this show to get a second season but if it happens, it would be a really pleasant surprise. This is definitely my Anime of the Season. 8/10
Sep 30, 2018 8:53 PM
Jan 2016
This last two episodes where intense for sure, but i am happy that it ended well, i were really expecting and injection!

Honestly, this show is unique, so much creative, never expected an anime like that to became that good, i learned even more about our body functioning, in a funny way! I will miss this show for sure, a second season would be welcome!

When I do a wound I will remember this anime, for sure! And i will think "please save me WBC, RBC and platelets"!

8/10
Sep 30, 2018 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
Loved this show. It really brighten up my mood whenever I watched it and it was pretty educational too. I'm really going to miss it, it was an unique premise.

3803 has a heart of gold, I'm glad her kouhai was able to realize that in the end. The ideal red blood cell!
Sep 30, 2018 10:14 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect a red blood cell to know what hemorrhagic shock was...

LOL! Without it explaining, I already know how RBC survived: BLOOD TRANSFUSION! That's why all those RBCs are wearing different uniforms!

Well there's nothing for me to say here. The anime explains itself. This going to be quite a hit in the anime industry both in Japan and overseas.

Final Verdict: Perfect Cells/10
Oct 1, 2018 12:09 AM
Aug 2017
going to miss the platelets
Oct 1, 2018 6:55 AM

Nov 2016
What an epic final. RBC really gave her best and I was already kinda expecting that a transfusion would save the day.

8/10 easily anime of the season for me.

Common David Production, give us that sweet second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 1, 2018 7:31 AM
Nov 2015
great episode final! hoping in the next season 2!
Oct 1, 2018 10:38 AM

Sep 2018
Despite being the final episode, it was pleasant and enjoyable to watch and did not give the impression that it was going to end the anime series. Interesting the ending of the story, the protagonist as usual can make its contribution and make the narration very nice. After this anime series I realized how much love is in my body, eheheh! I sincerely hope they announce a sequel to this anime series.

My vote, for now, is 7/10.
Oct 1, 2018 3:42 PM

Oct 2007
Many RBC falling to their deaths down a cliiff is a little disturbing to watch..

Blood transfusion saves the body. I do wonder why the WBC and platelets from the donor were not shown?

RBC gain the respect of sempai. I have some liking to RBC because she and Satou Matzusaka have same seiyuu. :D

Solid 8/10
Oct 1, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
Vader_ said:
I'm still wondering how come the Platelets still alive?

A loli dying in this show would be unacceptable.
Oct 1, 2018 11:08 PM

Dec 2012
I was reading the manga some time before I realized that they were going to make an anime out of this series, so I decided to stop reading and wait for the series to air. What a great anime it was! I love how they made the episode so hopeless for everyone to find out how easy it was for reinforcement to come around. This is definitely a unique anime. I also found it to be really cool that even doctors find their way to watch the series too.

8/10 - standard enjoyment
Oct 2, 2018 12:08 AM

Jul 2015
Show of the season for me!!
Learning through fun, cute and cool characters and lighthearted atmosphere. <3

My mom is a nurse and I've spent fun time with her commenting on the subjects on the show, doubt she would like to watch it, but I'll try. :p

High 9/10. <3

Pd: Needles gave me the creeps D: but now I'm thinking on donating blood because of this. :)
Apollo_MadaoOct 2, 2018 12:11 AM
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 2, 2018 3:12 AM

Aug 2016
This episode will make me donate some blood, I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2018 3:55 AM
Jan 2017
ok,, overall the series i think its very good anime .. i like the chreacter,, theres uniqe char made from cell, and theres a loli avaible in this series,,
next the story its interesting,, every episode we can see different condition with differen antagonis,, theres a gore blood too in white blood cell..
next the ending its gud , the red blood cell is trying very hard to take the oxigen dan give to the cell when the junior is want to give up but red blood cell is very persistant with her job and finaly the help is come,, its called happy ending
Oct 2, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2013
Donating blood saves the day. All the random red blood cells appearing was at least funny.
Oct 2, 2018 11:26 AM

Nov 2017
I'm only going to keep watching because that loli is fuvckin cute

Platelet-chan ♡♡♡
Oct 2, 2018 5:59 PM

Nov 2015
A show that actually made me google about the immune system? Not even schools could make me do it out of curiosity. A very informative and engaging anime that deserves a season 2.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Oct 3, 2018 12:07 AM

Oct 2014
That was a satisfying ending. But I hope the drama was a bit more longer before that red blood cell back up. I was actually getting a little bored up until the last 3 episodes, which are great.

And as expected, Kana Hanazawa did an excellent job as Red Blood Cell. She is the apple in the eye this entire series. Red Blood Cell x White Blood Cell pairing is so cute.

7/10. Hoping for a OVA beach episode where I can see Red Blood Cell in her glorious bikini outfit.
Oct 3, 2018 6:48 AM

May 2012
Really wonderful ending of this episode, you really do wonder what kind of things happened to the person with all of these things happening in this series! Still one hell of a great anime with lovely characters, great pacing, awesome action and just a great end!

If they ever make a second season I sure will look forward for it!
Oct 3, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2012
very naisu anime 10/10
season 2 when???
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Oct 4, 2018 9:24 AM

Nov 2014
Last 2 episodes were sooo good. I considered scoring this series pretty low, but now I'm happy.
Oct 5, 2018 8:39 PM

Oct 2010
I should not have finished this show right after watching Ms. Vampire today

Overall show 5/10, but Hemorrhagic Shock arc 9/10.
Oct 7, 2018 2:37 PM

Aug 2015
This was a good show which showed us the importance of taking care of our body still, for some reason i did not liked the last 2 episodes and the sudden change in the personality of RBC from being mostly useless throughout the series to suddenly become so much useful near the end did not fit right with me nevertheless it was a enjoyable ride,It's a 7/10 from me and i hope we will get a second season of this and i am really going to miss all the cute little platelets

P.s,As you have seen that a blood transfusion can save someones life so please do donate blood
Oct 8, 2018 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
Absolutely brilliant, didn't expect to like this so much when I first started. Episode 3-5 or 6 were somewhat repetitive / boring with the monster of the week formula but after that I realized there's way more to the series, and that the characters were actually being properly characterized.

Best thing about this series is definitely the character design, and the art in general. white blood cell, red blood cell, platelets, helper T cell, regulatory T cell, etc have such on point design. And I love the main platelets design the most, so cute!

A few cringy drama here and there but I am glad there's not too many of them. Could've done without that many catastrophic incidents too to be honest.

Would be extremely interested if this was about chemistry / physics instead, I would ace every test lol.

It's amazing how far anime has come, unfortunately still for many people out there, anime is just for kids. The concept of making an educational anime with engaging stories and characters is so brilliant, a lot of it were historical about the Oda Nobunaga reign, it's finally branching out to other subjects. If only they use this as teaching materials in school, it would make learning so much more fun. Biology and history are 2 of my least favorite subjects in school and I've thoroughly enjoyed learning about stuffs when it's animated. Would be nice to have something on what I am actually interested in.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2018 2:02 PM

Nov 2011
Easily one of the most creative shows we're likely to see in a long time and it was really good. Yes, the middle eps were a bit repetitive but most of what happens in the body is battling germs, last couple of eps were fantastic though. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 9, 2018 1:40 PM

Mar 2016
These 2 episodes are the most serious episodes with the most serious kind of condition (hemorrhagic) and man does it have some seriously amazing events. Seeing the body responds to any kind of conditions facing on itself was always fascinating in previous episodes, but more so now because of how deadly this condition is.

RBC AE 3803's determination to sticking to her job coupled with the never-giving-up attitude she showed her kouhai was such awesome thing to see! That really showed her kouhai what it meant to be a Red Blood Cell! (Honestly, this serious scene was definitely unexpected and that made this scene even better!)

THANK THE MODERN MEDICAL TECHNIQUES!!! That blood infusion really saved this human's body. Even though this human has gotten various antigens and even cancer at one point, I sure do know now that at least this human got the needed health care.

Cells At Work (Hataraku Saibou) Has been a really fun an educational show to watch. It's definitely different from many other shows, thanks to its surprisingly detailed information of certain cells and their processes. Combining biology to the world of slice of life, comedy, adventure kind of anime genre resulted in this show's existence, and damn I love it!

From now on, whenever my body feels sick, I'll just remind myself that the cells of my body are all giving it their best, working energetically and happily doing its job for the sake of my body...
ShadowkillZOct 9, 2018 1:51 PM
Oct 11, 2018 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
I have mixed feelings....

The first half I enjoyed a lot, but the second I didn't enjoy that much =/

Until episode 6 or so I was ready to give an 8, but now I'm not sure anymore ><
Oct 14, 2018 12:44 AM

Oct 2013
This particular episode teaches us the importance of Blood Donation, great series i'm learning alot about our body by just wacthing it's a fun way to learn for sure. Kinda feel bad to those red blood cells got sucked out beacuse of the wounds, welp bettter take a good care of my body now, because i don't want my blood cells losing their home :')

Overall score 7/10
Oct 14, 2018 10:32 PM

Sep 2010
Everything about this show is portrayed excellently. Glad I decided to watch this.
Oct 19, 2018 10:41 PM
Jan 2016
Really the drama is real!!! I almost cry because of this eps, it's sooo heartbreaking...and the passion from Red Blood Cell, it's really admirable, still fighting and trying her best till the end...and yeah shock was a life threatening state, it can be hypovolemic, cardiogenic, septic, etc. Hemorrhagic is one of the hypovolemic state and I must compliment this anime because they create the situation exactly real...it's really an amazing anime overall and yeah because I'm a medical student I want to say thanks to this anime and the production...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

81 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

72 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

82 by Mario_M_001 »»
Apr 14, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

91 by Seraschi »»
Apr 8, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

88 by Seraschi »»
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.