Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2018 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, this episode definitely sets up for the next season considering it introduced the Big Three.

Oh yeah, we to got to see a very playful Nejire. I had a feeling the VA really enjoyed playing her role lol. Can't forget about Mirio too. Imo, one of the strangest characters in the franchise. Pretty sure this is just a taste of what we'll get new season. Will have to see.

This season has been quite a ride. I enjoyed the first half more than the second half though.

To be continued 4th Season!
Sep 29, 2018 2:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Subs are out in around 15 minutes from now, can’t wait!

Sorry I’m advance but I’ll be stealing the 2nd post of this thread.

- Edit:

Fabulous ending to a sublime Season 3 of Boku no Hero Academia!
Compelling and gripping first half followed by the more challenging high-school(-ish) second half, really makes this Season one to cherish for a long time. Certainly it wasn’t as phenomenal as Season 2, but the slight upgrade in intensity is really just brilliant.

As for the finale, like I said before, it’s a fabulous finale episode really setting up the platform for Season 4 exquisitely. The Big Three, especially the biggest of the bunch, taking on the whole of Class A was tensing and the quality of the fight is really just props to Studio Bones! Consistent hard work to become number one, and among elite pro heroes, at such a young age is a monumental feat, for sure. Lol, the contrasting personalities of the Three was hilarious to watch at the start of the episode though. Moreover, Deku has piqued his curiosity now is nice to see and I wonder who the Sir is. Meanwhile, Overhaul and Tomura finally meeting just goes to show how tensed the situation has become as of now. I’d like to see All Might’s rival from his younger days teaching Midoriya, and I can’t wait to see what else Season 4 has in store for us.

As for the whole Season, the Storyline/Plot Development and the Characterization/Character Development has been on point. Bakugou’s character, a notable mention, received a huge upgrade so that’s nice to see while we got to see more maturing of both Todoroki and Deku along with all the other classmates, pleasing to see as always! As for the Art/Animation, Studio Bones is really giving it their all despite a few instances where the quality just bolted down, hopefully we never get to see that again. Sound Department of this season has been more exceptional than the previous two, just the fight between Deku and Mascular speaks volumes really and that too of All Might v All for One. It’s just been a spectacular and exceptional Season 3 to make this series truly a pinnacle of modern Shounen anime/manga. Slightly disappointing final arc this in comparison, though.

Favourite moment of the whole Season goes hands down to Deku v Mascular. The kid’s moment of realisation and redemption thanks to Deku was just a spectacle I’ll never forget. Coupled with that the Art/Animation and the Sound Department, perfection! I really enjoyed the All for One v One for All fight immensely too but the Deku v Bakugou fight in my opinion was inferior compared to the other two, it still made up for it though with the development that the two combatants made.

Overall: Easily one of the most convincing 8/10. Season 4, I can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store for us. Come at us, Plus Ultra! Another Season of BnHA during the Spring time will be great, but this time I’m hoping we get it during the Summer.
_MushiRock11_Jan 25, 2020 6:26 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2018 2:53 AM

Jan 2018
My hero academia... easily in my top 3 anime of all time. This season was definitely my favourite one so far, and from what I've heard, season 4 will be even better. Loved the final battle with midoriya and bakugou, loved the moment with Inasa and Todoroki, all might vs one for all was one of the hypest fights ever, and midoriya fighting muscular was the best fight in the entire series so far.

Can't wait for more, and I might even give in and read the manga before season 4 releases. 10/10
Sep 29, 2018 3:08 AM

Nov 2015
Stark700 said:

This season has been quite a ride. I enjoyed the first half more than the second half though

It will be the same for season 4.

1st half villian arc

2nd half school stuff

The End, Season 5 2020

Get ready to be Overhauled
Old_School_AkiraSep 29, 2018 5:47 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 29, 2018 3:10 AM

May 2017
The end. Season 4 already announced.

Definitely a cool ending. Excited to see more about the Big 3 and overall the fight between the heroes and villains.

The first half was definitely stronger overall but the second half had better moments with Midoriya vs Bakugo being the best episode by far.

I thought that All Might vs One For All (besides the ending of the fight, which was freaking spectacular) was pretty underwhelming. And the second half was pretty lacking except for maybe 2 or 3 Episodes.

The story just slowed down hardcore and the arcs seem to loop over and over again at the moment.

Best Moments
1. Midoriya vs Bakugo
2. All Might vs One For All
3. Orca Attack Episode.

For me personally though probably the weakest season so far. It was still very good but I think I enjoyed season 1 a little more, and season 2 is by far the best one.

shayed__Sep 29, 2018 9:15 AM
Sep 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Jul 2012
So... in the end, we didn't know who this guy is?

Sep 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
so now they have to master their quirks like the Big 3 did especially Mirio that made his so called simple quirk to a top class quirk

im excited to see Overhaul fight in the 4th season
Sep 29, 2018 3:26 AM

Feb 2014
And so it ended, Saturday mornings won't be the same anymore.
Sep 29, 2018 3:29 AM

Jul 2012
It was a good episode, but I was hoping for a little more from a season finale. Seems like they could have planned it out better to end on something more epic.
Sep 29, 2018 3:31 AM

Jan 2009
asdqua said:

lol agreed that guy was added for no reason
Sep 29, 2018 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
They couldn't do anything against Mirio.
Overhaul and Shigaraki met!
Sep 29, 2018 3:35 AM

Feb 2018
I tried to make it so you wouldn't be able to see my Willy....poor jirou
obito really kicked their ass
Sep 29, 2018 3:38 AM

Sep 2017
Even if I really like Hero Aca, I have to say that some of the shônen problems it was famous for avoiding are starting to show their ugly head.

The Hero License arc was padded, and the filler episode made to promote the movie was absolutely pointless and broke the flow of the weekly series' narrative.

However, I can't deny that the One for All fight is one of my all-time favourites right now and this season gave us plenty of amazing moments. So, for now, it's an 8/10 for me.
Sep 29, 2018 3:40 AM
Jan 2017
It was a decent Season, the 4th season will definitely be better since it’s just covering one arc, and one of the series most popular ones at that, series that we don’t know who that werid guy in the intro was or what that green thing attacking bakugo was either.
Sep 29, 2018 3:41 AM
Jan 2017
Old_School_Akira said:
Stark700 said:

This season has been quite a ride. I enjoyed the first half more than the second half though

1st half villian arc

2nd half school stuff

The End, Season 5 2020

Season 4 will just be overhaul considering it’s 41 chapters all the school stuff will be in the first half of season 5
Sep 29, 2018 3:42 AM

Mar 2018
And there we are, season 3's ending. I'm really sad tbh, it's been such a big part of my weekly routine, and we got one hell of a season.

I'd say it's my favorite season, despite the very lackluster second court which is only redeemed by its last three episodes, but the first half was just spectacular, from Deku vs Muscular to All Might vs All For One it's been a non-stop hype train.

Season 2 looks better because it never really slowed down, so I do understand people that prefer it over the third one.

To people who want to continue with the manga it starts at chapter 125, however I recommend you finding the volumes because in many case the art is way better than online.

Just for the perfectly perfect first half I'll give it a 10/10. Cant wait for season 4.
Sep 29, 2018 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Mirio vs the whole class was great! Next season is best boy season so I can't wait

It was a great season, the only thing I was kinda disappointed with was All Might vs All for one because it was short and All for one spammed one single attack, this was, of course, something I complained about in the manga but I was hoping that Bones would extend the fight a bit

Nevertheless, let's hope that season 4 won't take to long, I guess it will air next spring judging by the pattern that the previous seasons released at.
9/10
Sep 29, 2018 3:58 AM

Nov 2015
Ljw said:
Old_School_Akira said:

1st half villian arc

2nd half school stuff

The End, Season 5 2020

Season 4 will just be overhaul considering it’s 41 chapters all the school stuff will be in the first half of season 5

I don't think so. Overhaul will probaly be condensed in a single cour.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 29, 2018 4:00 AM

Jul 2017
A solid finale to end a pretty average season for me. Mirio was pretty cool to watch, and after Grand Blue, I could handle him being nude and fighting XD

There were 2 tremendous episodes, but there was a lot of episodes that just didn't interest me at all unlike the second season.

The art as well didn't look anywhere near as consistent as before.

The second season I rated a 9 whilst the first and third were both 6s to me.
Sep 29, 2018 4:02 AM

Sep 2014
9/10. Great season with some ups and downs but overall it was pretty enjoyable. Overhaul arc in 4th season.
Sep 29, 2018 4:03 AM

Dec 2008
Best season for me. Thank you Bones!!!! Good bye happy saturdays...
Sep 29, 2018 4:07 AM
Jan 2017
Old_School_Akira said:
Ljw said:

I don't think so. Overhaul will probaly be condensed in a single cour.

Well if they keep to the 2 chapters= 1 episode then overhaul will be about 21-22 episodes long and the arc after that the Todoroki/bakugo one might fit after that by not the festival stuff. For comparison the sports festival was 22 chapters (about half the length of overhaul) and that fit into 12 episodes so it’s pretty unlikely they could fit overhaul into 12-13 episodes considering the density of the arc
Sep 29, 2018 4:11 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Ha, that starting 5-6 min intro part of big 3 was cringe. S2 was way better.

7.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 29, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
It was awesome to see Mirio showcase his abilities a little bit in this episode. I'm looking forward to seeing him show more of what he can do in the next season.

The second half of this season really was quite lackluster compared to the first half, but with how long the upcoming arc is, I understand why they had to pad out the License Exam so they wouldn't get into too much of this arc too fast or too early. Still, the second half had some pretty enjoyable moments, most notably Deku vs. Bakugo. The first half as a whole was extremely enjoyable too.

I have very mixed feelings about the next arc, but I'm still looking forward to it.

@Old_School_Akira I would hope Overhaul only spans a single cour. Assuming the next season will also be 25 episodes, I think it would suck a lot for the entirety of those 25 episodes to focus on the remaining 38 chapters of this arc.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 29, 2018 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
so the season ends.. first half of this season was 10/10 just like previous seasons however, the second half was meh... the 2nd half did had some awesome fights like Midoriya and Bakugo.. but the epilogue b/w All Might and Midoriya and Bakugo after the fight was so cliche and cheesy... only naruto can do "Talk No Jutsu".. Midoriya is only good at breaking himself.. xD

this season also lacked some good OP's.. they weren't bad... but they weren't as good as s1 and s2 OP's..
all and all i am really looking forward to the next season... and conisdering the timeline.. we will probably get next season next year...
Sep 29, 2018 4:18 AM

Nov 2016
A nice closure!! looking forward to season 4... Personally i could have liked it to end on a big cliffhanger xd
“𝔖𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔦𝔱’𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔬 𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰.”

Sep 29, 2018 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
Ljw said:
It was a decent Season, the 4th season will definitely be better since it’s just covering one arc, and one of the series most popular ones at that, series that we don’t know who that werid guy in the intro was or what that green thing attacking bakugo was either.
the arc is 36 chapters and this season was 54 chapters so season 4 will definitely cover a lot more than just OH
Sep 29, 2018 4:33 AM

Apr 2018
what a boring season
Sep 29, 2018 4:53 AM

Jul 2016
Mirio ;-;

Baby boy. Baby...

Urgh, Can't wait for S4.

10/10
Sep 29, 2018 4:58 AM

Apr 2017
fullmetal_adam said:
It was a good episode, but I was hoping for a little more from a season finale. Seems like they could have planned it out better to end on something more epic.

If they animated the full meeting between Overhaul and The league of villains it would have been perfect. But oh well, atleast the next eason will start with a banger.

Sep 29, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2018
OMG i already love the Big Three!
This season was really good, the first half was fantastic, the provisional license arc was fine but the last few episode were great.
Can't wait for season 4
Sep 29, 2018 5:09 AM

Jun 2017
Mirio Togata... A Great Personality, Awesome Quirt...and a hottie! <3 I'm in love with him OMG. <3

Another outstanding season! I am so pumped for season 4! c;
Sep 29, 2018 5:14 AM
Apr 2018
asdqua said:

Maybe he will appear in an OVA episode I think
Sep 29, 2018 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
Grape Gremlin has some balls.

Ripped Tintin is broken, pls nerf.
Sep 29, 2018 5:24 AM

Nov 2013
POOOOWAAAAAAAAAAA =D these 2 new characters (Mirio and Nejire) were quite fun to watch, i wonder if they will have some good scenes next season

anyway, another good season of BNHA (glad i didn't drop it in season 1 when i was bored as hell in the first few episodes...), and like others said, saturdays will not be the same anymore :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks

Apr 2016
I just liked 1 or 2 episodes from this season. Other than that, it was a step down from the previous season. Hope we'll have a better season 4.
7/10 for me.
Feb 2018
Kirishima's hardening can tank several tons of metal falling on him and a significant amount of Bakugo's explosions so how the heck did someone with a non-strength enhancing quirk manage to hurt him with just a gut punch? I am so confused, so can anyone explain this?
Sep 29, 2018 5:32 AM

Sep 2018
Was hoping they'd end it near
This is fine too though. I kinda suspected it'd end with a future character being foreshadowed like they did with Stain and AFO.

I was skeptical but I'm really satisfied with Tamaki's voice. They made him just as cute as his manga self. Overall probably the best season overall so far, even though I still believe season 2 was the most faithful adaptation, and season 4 is going to be a wild ride which I can promise.
Sep 29, 2018 5:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice season, although the last 2 episodes were weaks but were a nice/bit introduction of characters and events for the4th season!!!

This anime series is better in each season!!!

Well, 9/10 for this season!
Sep 29, 2018 5:48 AM

Nov 2015
Wa_roon said:
asdqua said:

Maybe he will appear in an OVA episode I think

Or maybe he is just there for the opening.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 29, 2018 5:53 AM

Jul 2016
Nate77 said:
I just liked 1 or 2 episodes from this season. Other than that, it was a step down from the previous season. Hope we'll have a better season 4.
7/10 for me.

How can you only like 2 episodes from the season and still give it a 7/10?
Sep 29, 2018 5:55 AM

Jul 2016
Best boy Mirio really is entertaining in this finale, looking forward to you on the next arc.
Sep 29, 2018 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
Mirio "TinTin" Togata is certainly strong, despite the many times he shed his clothes while using his quirk. Although Midoriya did surprise him a bit, he made quick work of everyone in 1-A that went up against him, while he was shouting POWERRR!!! like he was emulating Jeremy Clarkson. XD

Not just that, but his explanation about how he came from the bottom to rise up to where he is now was impressive, too. Nejire, meanwhile, was proving to be the definition of cute, with her over-eagerness to know more about class 1-A. =3

Overall, this season has had its epic moments, although there was a few times where it came off the throttle a little too much. I'm still going to give it a 9/10 anyway and I'll be eagerly awaiting the fourth season next year. Plus Ultra!
Sep 29, 2018 6:27 AM

Dec 2015
A surprisingly mediocre season ending, it's quite rare for a season to close off with-out a bang/generating hype.

That said, there was a crazy number of peaks during this s3. Hoping season 4 comes soon.
~
Sep 29, 2018 6:33 AM

Dec 2014
It was a good episode to end it all..sets up the stage nicely
Sep 29, 2018 6:48 AM

Aug 2016
So the season comes to an end.

Really good adaption once again, Bones might have topped their 2nd season (especially with the soundtrack) with this one imo, eventhough we had a little filler here and there.

I am really looking forward to the upcoming arc and seeing more of my boy Mirio in the 4th season but we'll have to wait a bit for that.
GreeenSpongeSep 29, 2018 7:05 AM
Sep 29, 2018 6:51 AM

May 2015
Nice episode considering there'll be the next season. New characters are quite interesting, though I'm mostly intrigued about this shy fellow.

Overall 3d season wasn't as great as 2nd, but still good enough. Mildly interested in what happens next, hope it'll be something epic.

Sep 29, 2018 6:51 AM

Jan 2017
For 25 episodes, that went by quick... I mean, at the start of this series we had him saving that little boy etc. And it's still clear in my head. 😭😭
Can't wait for season four.

Anyways, we've been introduced to the legendary Sannin, Yaaaass. Joke 😂😂😅😅😅.
I really wanted to know the others' powers; like that seemingly really shy one 'cause my first guess was that Mirio and that shy was doing a duo thing, whilst Mirio moved through objects, the shy one warped him to different places. But I was wrong...
Mirio's quirk, even as something nerfed, had some amazing aspects i.e. having some matter reject him and throws him out -thats some handy ability as it gave him that burst of speed.

Please announce season four soon. I need it.
Sep 29, 2018 7:00 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale, I guess it was a decent place to wrap up after showcasing Mirio's POWERRRR a bit. xD

You said it Kaminari, Nejire is naturally cute. <3
Hahaha, Mineta and his interpretations. xD

Mirio owned Class 1-A but it's not just cause his quirk is strong, it's because he made his quirk into the POWERRR. XD
Hardwork pays and Mirio is the proof for that.

I love that beak like thing Overhaul wears, it's such an interesting design.

Overall, yet another fantastic season of BnHA, I've been following BnHA ever since it's inception early in WSJ and I don't really think I need to mention why I like it since I've done that in the past two seasons.
When they announced this season I was hoping they'd do a single cour and end it with the All Might vs All for One battle and then do the second half of this season and Overhaul as S4 as that would always let the series end on a very high note but I guess Bones just prefer the 2 cour format and mostly because the remnants of the next arc sink a little bit into the small follow up arc. Anyhow, Bones have never disappointed me so far and it makes me so happy to see one of my favorite manga's get so much love from them and I hope it continues to be so. BnHA is easily one of the best Shounen adaptations till date and this season along with everything before stands as proof for that. Personally, I'm super excited for the upcoming arc as I really loved it because of you know who stealing the spotlight, the plot devices of the next arc are arguable and I think that's what people take issue with the most but the raw emotion of the upcoming arc easily blows all those concerns away for me.

I expect great things Bones.
10/10, bring on S4.
Sep 29, 2018 7:36 AM

Mar 2014
Name me 1 anime that made 3 seasons year after year after year? yeah, and let's not forget the 4th season coming in April!! I think no anime till date has been so successful.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2018

217 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.