Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wei Ying being stabbed. Wei Ying being stepped on. Wei Ying being thrown into the Burial Mounds. Wei Ying suffering. My kokoro is brokoro.

Loved the added scenes of Lan Zhan searching for Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng as well as him playing Inquiry.

Also, hurray for Lan Xichen coming back!!

The war has been declared, Sunshot Campaign begins soon!
Sep 29, 2018 6:55 AM
Dec 2015
when will season 2 come out?
Sep 29, 2018 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
graceycoops said:

Don't think it's been announced yet.
Sep 29, 2018 7:52 AM
Feb 2017
Xealias said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wei Ying being stabbed. Wei Ying being stepped on. Wei Ying being thrown into the Burial Mounds. Wei Ying suffering. My kokoro is brokoro.

Loved the added scenes of Lan Zhan searching for Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng as well as him playing Inquiry.

Also, hurray for Lan Xichen coming back!!

The war has been declared, Sunshot Campaign begins soon!

The build up on the ending of this episode was so good can't wait till we get to see the outcome of this battle. i messing its going to pull a Berserk on us and the last episode will be modern time agine so i'm betting the climax will be in the next episode.

Cant Wait!!!
Sep 29, 2018 1:55 PM

May 2018
oooooh i really like how the anime is like helping me visualize the time gaps in the novel!

And Lan Zhan being so concerned for Wei Ying beaks my little heart :,( he;s so distressed i just wanna let him know everything will (sorta) be okay

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sep 29, 2018 6:28 PM

Oct 2015
I think we are closer to the incident, all those memories by Wei Wuxian were heartwarming.

That Wen Chao is a real piece of shit and I hope he gets killed by Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian at the same time, he really deserves that death.

It looks like the alliance against the Wen clan is going strong and even doubters are getting on board. I think Wei will be the one that will take center stage in the upcoming battle though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 1, 2018 3:27 PM

Aug 2016
There is one thing I can't wrap my mind around.

The scene where Core Melting Hand-san (lol) attacks Wei Ying and then is watching confused at his hands.
Does that mean he wasn't able to melt his core? >___>
Can't remember reading that in the novel so far, or maybe I overread it as I read it? I don't know.

So, does anyone know the answer to that? If it will be mentioned in the novel later, please just a 'yes' is enough, I'm not looking for spoilers :'D

And I have to say that I reaaally love all those backgrounds, this animation is so f*cking beatiful :3
Oct 1, 2018 6:09 PM
Feb 2013
Eigenkrieg said:

The scene where Core Melting Hand-san (lol) attacks Wei Ying and then is watching confused at his hands.
Can't remember reading that in the novel so far, or maybe I overread it as I read it? I don't know.

So, does anyone know the answer to that? If it will be mentioned in the novel later, please just a 'yes' is enough, I'm not looking for spoilers :'D

And I have to say that I reaaally love all those backgrounds, this animation is so f*cking beatiful :3

I cant remember if it was mentioned in the novel but I assume since WC said 'melt WWX's golden core' WWX's core isn't gold anymore and has been corrupted (?) by the resentment energy he accidentally cultivated.
Oct 1, 2018 7:19 PM

Aug 2010
Eigenkrieg said:

LOL Core Melting Hand-SAN xD
It will be brought up again later in the novel :) (Chapter 88 or 89)
XealiasOct 1, 2018 7:23 PM
Oct 1, 2018 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
Im still loving every second of this. This episode had me hooked from the beginning just like every episode before. The clans gathering together to make a stand was an amazing part and the music complemented it very well.
The cliffhanger was criminal. I almost slapped my latptop, I just could not believe they ended it there. I need to know what happens next! Im such a fool for this story and its characters. ugh

Oct 2, 2018 11:09 AM

Aug 2016
Xealias said:
Eigenkrieg said:

LOL Core Melting Hand-SAN xD
It will be brought up again later in the novel :) (Chapter 88 or 89)

Thank you :D Then I'll just have to wait to obtain that piece of information.
Oct 3, 2018 7:48 AM
Jan 2017
Xealias said:
graceycoops said:

Don't think it's been announced yet.
Official Facebook page said it will come early 2019
Nov 27, 2018 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
That was one badass rallying call :D
Dec 23, 2018 1:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jeez, what a buildup scene that was! Sunshot Campaign! And boy, the music rocking in during that intense scene was just spectacular!

Lan Xichenmustve really worked hard to gather so many allies, can’t wait to see the battle now! Meanwhile, Wei Wuxian is in trouble and Lan Wangqi is worried sick.

Looking forward to seeing what’s up next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2018 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
Damn the protagonist knocked down... poor guy... and that's how he became evil or something....hmmm
Apr 6, 2019 2:20 AM

Dec 2016
the design of the landscapes >>>

also loving the build up - the juxtaposition of the preparing for sunshot and wei wuxian struggling to survive eally does something to you
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 15, 2019 8:54 PM
Apr 2018
These episodes go by so damn fast! And this show is addictive as hell! I think I've watched 11 episodes in a row? Like whoa. I can't wait for sunshot to take out that prick and his disgusting ho gf.
Jan 26, 2020 6:58 AM

Sep 2007
Damn this episode is a kick in the nuts after reading the end of the novel. The moment where everything went wrong. Poor WWX.
Jun 21, 2021 4:00 PM

Mar 2020
I havent read the novel but I feel like a lot of content was skipped...didnt they go to yiling to meet wei's grandpa, where did the wens come from, what happened to their sister, like what??
Sep 7, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2021
Having watched the live action first, I’m still a bit surprised at how fast the donghua moves.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

valkiriana - Oct 10, 2018

103 by HaruYing »»
Mar 24, 2:12 PM

» I thought anime/manga from other countries was not allowed on MAL?

Kimiko-chan - Dec 14, 2020

5 by senekohan »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

» I'm telling you

egosumjohn - Dec 8, 2023

7 by Watch_Kuranado »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:35 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 8 Discussion

valkiriana - Aug 23, 2018

31 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:30 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 1 Discussion

Stardew - Aug 8, 2018

43 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.