Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 13, 2018 2:20 PM
Masshiroi said:

Whoa, thanks for all your hard work in there! Nice analysis. Also I agree with you and hope that Tooru/Torso will get at least some flashback, I mean.. it was really important for Tooru character (dont want to write more and spoil something...)

Thanks! And yeh I didn't wanna make it to obvious either but Tooru has a really interesting arc that I hope makes its way in. Really hope they're just trying to make the arcs more coherent and rearranging rather than cutting completely but we'll have to see...

Oct 13, 2018 3:48 PM

It's only episode 1 and I can already tell that half of these episode threads are gonna be anime onlys saying WTF is going on and the other half of manga readers complaining about how rushed the adaptation is. Get ready for the trainwreck boys.
Modified by So-Intense, Oct 13, 2018 3:57 PM
MAL: A community where everyone acts like every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7 or above.

Oct 13, 2018 10:51 PM
Haha, honestly I feel sad for Kaneki, he's only a college student that really kind and honest, but why he must become like this??? How many times did his hair color changed??? Oh I can't believe it...Anybody please tell me what kind of sin that Kaneki made that makes him like this...love to watch new season of Tokyo Ghoul, but I really miss the tension and those aura like TG season 1, it's really the best...

Oct 14, 2018 4:02 AM
I'm glad to see my girl Rize again since we haven't seen her in a long time! ;-;
I loved knowing more of her past and I hope she slays this season! <3
Without a doubt, the opening is amazing!

I do feel like they skipped an arc or so since the plot is rushed in this episode! I'm kind of confused on what's happening in the episode since I haven't read the manga. It's quick to judge since it's the first episode and I will be sticking around to see where the story goes.

Oct 14, 2018 10:26 AM
when is episode 2??

HINAMI CHANN WOOO shes so cute still love her

Oct 14, 2018 2:29 PM
20mins of trying to figure our wtf is going on then amon shows up.. feels like they cba to make more than 12 ep

Oct 14, 2018 8:40 PM
welp....we shall see how the rest of the 111 chapters in 11 episodes goes. rip tg anime

Read the manga people, you'll be thankful you did. Then if you want, come back and watch the anime

Oct 14, 2018 10:27 PM

OGAnime said:
Anime only must really be like wtf is going on lmao

ahahaha yes...very yes..

Oct 15, 2018 3:50 AM

Haha I really liked the first season, but this felt like a 2 year time skip, I will read the manga to fill the gap.

Oct 15, 2018 5:37 PM
Well we all know that they screwed this anime in season 2 by not sticking to the manga (I had to read the manga to understand why people were so upset about it) and because of that they automatically screwed this anime too.

And then something I see way to often with subs. You can't translate names! His name is Shachi not Orca. Who translates names? (I know that some nicknames have to be translated to make sense in English)

Oct 16, 2018 4:49 AM
What the heck is going to happen in today's episode? God knows what. They skipped so many chapters. Unbelievable. This series seriously deserves a well done reboot some day. It'd be like a hell and heaven difference. I can just imagine a properly done Tokyo Ghoul anime. Season 1 was pretty good but missed some key details. Root A technically never happened but it was a decent interpretation on the Tokyo Ghoul world. Re: was like "Wait, let me go back five minutes, I don't get jack."

This season is freaking legendary. Call Goku or someone to give the creators a whooping in the ass.

Oct 16, 2018 12:51 PM

Pierrot never fails to disappoint goddamit why they gotta ruin good things

Oct 16, 2018 6:43 PM
Jk9 said:
How many times did his hair color changed???

At least once every season and then nobody will say anything about it.

Oct 16, 2018 9:27 PM

PixelGuysLuis said:
Masshiroi said:

Whoa, thanks for all your hard work in there! Nice analysis. Also I agree with you and hope that Tooru/Torso will get at least some flashback, I mean.. it was really important for Tooru character (dont want to write more and spoil something...)

Thanks! And yeh I didn't wanna make it to obvious either but Tooru has a really interesting arc that I hope makes its way in. Really hope they're just trying to make the arcs more coherent and rearranging rather than cutting completely but we'll have to see...
Seems your hope is granted. :)
The preview hints at setting-switch to Rue Island for episode 3 next week.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Oct 17, 2018 4:05 AM
electromagneto said:

Seems your hope is granted. :)
The preview hints at setting-switch to Rue Island for episode 3 next week.

I know! Hope to God they manage to do it well, looks like they might try to squeeze it all into 1 episode but we'll see how it goes. Hope the new Quinx finally get some screentime too

Oct 23, 2018 10:40 PM

I kind of understand what's happening at the same time, I don't know what the fuck is going on.

I haven't picked up the manga yet and I have to start from the beginning. I'll pick it up after I'm done catching up with Vinland Saga, Vagabond, 21st Century Boys, Golden Kamuy, Goblin Slayer and many other manga on my list.

Kaneki's hair went from black to white to black again. He's wearing glasses this time around. He is saving Hinami-chan I guess?

There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Oct 24, 2018 4:26 AM
Time to read the manga all over again..

Oct 26, 2018 12:06 PM
I was wondering what Furuta meant when he said "we put some pressure on the press." I am not sure, in real life, Law Enforcement have the authority to put pressure in the media, assuming this Japan is a Democratic country, but by "pressure" it may mean a death threat.

Oct 27, 2018 1:53 PM

I don't drop anime. This makes me regret that.

Oct 29, 2018 9:03 AM

Well, a change in the plot, although I GOT LOST!!!!! KEKEKEKE

Hello, my litte boy!

Oct 29, 2018 1:07 PM

I am probably amongst the 1% who like this anime and all of Tokyo ghoul franchise. Even if they skip alot and I was confused in the beginning of this episode, and even that I watched the end of :re part 1 to make sure I didn't miss anything. Eventhough it seems like they are tossing just whatever into the episode with hope that it will become a nice meal --- I have to admit that I like it.

I like Tokyo ghoul and I am happy that they are continuing making it, no matter how bad it gets. And hopefully one day I will be able to read the manga (I have lost interest my 2 earlier tries where I didn't get that far).

Oct 29, 2018 1:13 PM

Jk9 said:
Haha, honestly I feel sad for Kaneki, he's only a college student that really kind and honest, but why he must become like this??? How many times did his hair color changed??? Oh I can't believe it...Anybody please tell me what kind of sin that Kaneki made that makes him like this...love to watch new season of Tokyo Ghoul, but I really miss the tension and those aura like TG season 1, it's really the best...

Love your post, specifically the part about the hair. ♥

Oct 30, 2018 6:01 AM

I ony watch the anime and I’m seriously lost. I mean I enjoy the vibe and atmosphere from the show because it feels quite lonesome, but I have to think really hard to fill in tbe gaps. There are too many characters who I can’t remember so it doesn’t really help. I’ll still watch the rest of the season but I might as well start investing in the manga. The fact that many manga readers are saying it was very rushed explains why I was so confused during this episode. Glad it’s not just me being a dumbass.

Oct 31, 2018 9:55 AM

KuraiDaiAnime said:
I ony watch the anime and I’m seriously lost. I mean I enjoy the vibe and atmosphere from the show because it feels quite lonesome, but I have to think really hard to fill in tbe gaps. There are too many characters who I can’t remember so it doesn’t really help. I’ll still watch the rest of the season but I might as well start investing in the manga. The fact that many manga readers are saying it was very rushed explains why I was so confused during this episode. Glad it’s not just me being a dumbass.
Not just rushed, many parts were skipped. Well, the pace is twice faster than TG:re first season, so you can do the math. :)
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Nov 1, 2018 6:13 PM

The first ep. of this season made more sense than the previous one. Maybe it's because I haven't watched it for a long time. Yay, Kaneki have finally joined his old gang again. Nice to see him release Hinami-chan. This is gonna be fun.

PS! I am only an anime watcher, so maybe it's my ignorance that believe they have done a good job. Since they did a horrible job from the original Tokyo Ghoul to Re, I must read the manga to get the full picture.
Modified by mangalicker94, Nov 1, 2018 6:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 1, 2018 6:20 PM

jwinter01 said:
Dagger said:
So they just skipped an entire arc and then adapted 10 chaps in one episode?
MODERN CLASSIC.

Gotta make space to adapt chapter 125 into one episode! :^)

It's ironic how Pierrot adapted this and how they adapted Naruto were over 50 % is fillers. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 1, 2018 6:21 PM

ResKori said:
Kannei said:

pierott has a gift too rip the heart out and slice it too pieces before serving the animation

honestly i doubt that its easy too bring such a great manga down too a point wheres nothing left :(

Apparently the studio has nothing to do with what pieces they animate. From an extensive research on anime economy, it appears the anime studios are basically hired to animate a material. They're given a certain amount of money, and they're given which material to animate. They do it, their work is done.

Well if that's so they should rather animate a part of Re series. They did a great job with Akatsuki no Yona. So why not having the same way of doing here too.

Nov 19, 2018 3:33 AM

Oh God this just reminds me on how a big asshole Furuta is. I followed the manga so it’s not much confusing but still a mess tho considering the whole bunch of material they skipped.

Nov 19, 2018 6:19 PM

About a half of this episode seemed to be chaotic for me. I had the impression as if the creators wanted to give too much plotline into one episode. It led to a mess that could be avoided, i.e. by explaining some things in two episodes instead of one.

In terms of art, I think it has improved, at least compared to the 1st cour's first episode. I hope it will get better later, or at least stay at the level it is now.

Bear in mind I haven't read Tokyo Ghoul's manga, so here I judge only anime and withour manga prior knowledge. From what I heard, though, many things that appeared in the manga were skipped here, that's why 1st episode of Tokyo Ghoul:re's 2nd cour could give that kind of feelings I mentioned above (impression of chaos in the plot).
Modified by Adnash93, Nov 19, 2018 6:23 PM

Nov 26, 2018 1:24 AM
It was pretty decent. 3/5. Can't wait to see more Eto's Moment. Gotta love her

Nov 27, 2018 10:35 AM

KuraiDaiAnime said:

I feel exactly like you. Just watched ep 8 and i am still confused about all of these characters.

I wish it was easier for me to read manga.. I loose interest too quickly. :(

Dec 26, 2018 3:00 PM

I had to check up twice whether I didn't accidentally start watching wrong episode, but nope, this is supposed to be the first one of this season?! Wtf xD I knew this whole adaptation is only to promote the manga, but this is beyond fucking ridiculous xD

WHAT'S GOING ON

Dec 28, 2018 8:55 AM
Ah crap it looks like i have to put this on hold and read the manga first

The whole adaptation of the anime is fcked up i can't even understand what the hell is going on with the story

Wait a minute... don't tell me they deliberately mess up the adaptation to force the viewers of anime to read the manga. They wouldn't possibly do something that absurd right? Haha....

Dec 31, 2018 9:45 AM

Damn, Awesome TK is back with great OP, nice ED too, Despite the rushed and confusion i think i really enjoyed it so far.

Still, I didn't expected they'll jump too far in the story and really rushed it.
Well, knowing 12 ep adaptation and how this "industry" works,i couldn't say no more.

Honestly i dont really understand few things in this 1st episode, with that flaws i guess that'll be ok for me since plan to reread the manga after finishing this series to fill in the plothole and confusion.

Well, since this series is 1 of my favorite franchise i still expected more for the upcoming episodes. Let's see how it'll become

Dec 31, 2018 2:31 PM

What did I just watch though?

Jan 14, 1:05 PM

This season's OP is by the band who made 'Unravel' (OP 1) No wonder why it sounds similar. This OP is just simply great! The ED is more relaxing and simple.

NANI?!?!? Ok so suddenly CCG launched an assault on Aogiri Tree's main base? Damn, that's really straight to the point.

Eto is going all out! She revealed the fact that she's a ghoul. Furuta's reaction is absolutely perfect in that situation!

Kaneki's current style is the best formal style to date! All black outfit, black hair, white tie and that glasses. Along with that serious, cold personality. Even with this personality, he knows when to smile cheerfully to someone like Hinami when Kaneki is about to bust her out.

Meanwhile, Arima is just doing his thing... Which is Defeating an SSS ghoul easily like that! He's probably the One-Eyed-King at this point. They never specifically said the 1 eyed king has to be a 1 eyed ghoul or anything. Right?

Jan 18, 12:27 AM

How long has passed between the end of Tokyo Ghoul Re part 1 and part 2, as of this episode’s attack on Rukushima?
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...

Jan 31, 5:50 AM

Pretty good opening song!

So I'm guessing there was another skip to future events?
Backstory for Eto and a little backstory for Rize.
Currently an all out war against Aogiri Tree.

Mar 5, 3:29 PM

I'm all up for more Eto but what's all this talk of Rize... I thought she got crushed in the first season...

Apr 16, 5:13 PM

They skipped a lot of manga content ;_; ....Art is good though...

May 12, 9:24 AM
A good start to the final season. I noticed everyone has aged a little. The show has a serious tone again.

Jun 11, 3:13 AM

Hmm, is it okay that I'm confused
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Sep 19, 5:26 PM
Okaaaaaay, yeah I know I'm a year behind but I really had no courage to watch this because of all the reviews and forums I have read. Its a painful to watch. But I would try, I'll put my faith ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]