Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Grand Blue Dreaming
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2018 8:54 PM

May 2015
It started out great but quickly became repetitive with nothing really of a value happening. Predictability of the jokes killed the comedy, the last episode was nothing remarkable either. Not to mention the characters aren't likable at all.
4/10
Sep 28, 2018 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
Overall an above average comedy but the jokes were very repetitive. Best thing was Aina-chan. Most of the time I was just kinda going "heh. this joke again?". Especially the whole stripping gag. But still funnier than most comedy these days. Solid 8 from me.

Also MAL lists the opening song wrong. They have it as "Shounan no Kaze ~Ichigo Ichie~ (湘南乃風 ~一五一会~)" by Shounan no Kaze (湘南乃風). That's the ALBUM the song is on. Song is titled "Grand Blue". I've submitted a correction already, hopefully it goes through.
Sep 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty good adaptation. People exaggerate how much better the manga is.
Sep 28, 2018 9:39 PM

Nov 2017
i like how this anime ending...

I think i would put this anime into Best Comedy 2018
Now Loading.....
Sep 28, 2018 9:47 PM

Sep 2010
TheRantMan321 said:
Definitely the most consist show, quality wise of the season. Even many of the big dogs such as overlord, MHA, and steins gate 0 failed to stay consist, dropping in quality multiple times failing to reach the levels of hype they had prior to their airing.

However Grand blue stood above the rest as the underdog, giving me some of the most laughs I've ever experienced from an anime. AA was it's comedic rival in a season of great comedies (i only watched GB and AA but people say there's a
lot of good comedies) starting off strong and dominating for a while until the second half of the season.

Ironically the quality of both shows flipped, GB grew funnier and AA became more predictable while still great. GB is the true underdog of the season, a perfect 8/10
My impression is that Grand Blue is pretty inconsistent. Their activities range from diving, to raucous drinking. The characters range from thoughtful, when they're meeting Aina early on, to hostile, when they're ruining each other's dating experience, to idiotic, a lot of other times. The OP is arguably a lie most of the time, until you get closer to the end.

Only noticed this episode when Aina went into drunken rage mode, but she has the same voice actress as Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia.
Sep 28, 2018 9:50 PM
Jun 2016
When cakey got drunk it was the funniest moment ever in this episode.
Sep 28, 2018 9:51 PM

May 2015
Klad said:
anybody knows what chapter this finale left off?

I'd suggest reading from the beginning since this adaptation was kinda mediocre. Manga is better without a doubt.

Sep 28, 2018 10:03 PM

Apr 2016
My fridays are gonna be so less funny from now on :(
Sep 28, 2018 10:29 PM

Dec 2011
Another good comedy now over after Chio-chan :(
Sep 28, 2018 10:43 PM
Sarcastic-Cunt

Mar 2014
danielzx said:
Does anyone know at what chapter you should start from in the manga after finishing the anime?

You should start from chapter 22, which is the next chapter from where the anime ends. It was a very good adaption and well paced, from start to finish.
Sep 28, 2018 11:59 PM

Feb 2018
6/10 a pretty disappointing adaptation the manga is much better
Sep 29, 2018 12:50 AM

Oct 2016
What a ride this show has been. Been loving it since episode one since I haven't seen any other show do comedy so well. Definitely my favourite comedy so far
Zaigham_69Sep 29, 2018 12:54 AM
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
Sep 29, 2018 1:01 AM

Oct 2013
Ending with the opening song was a great idea, this song made the show quite good
Sep 29, 2018 1:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good finale epsiode!

Until the very last end, I couldn’t take the excessive facial expressions and the nakedness of the male cast but the show was funny enough to keep up with. Surely, a hilarious comedy that was a nice watch!

Chisa being overly concerned for Iori there was really touching to see, and it’s hilarious how Cakey failed to do just that even after being drunk. I was totally expecting a confession there, but boy was I wrong. I’d love to see Ryuuji’s girlfriend since we did really get to see anything of her, and I was seriously curious about it. Regardless, the dynamic duo between Azusa and Nanaka was brilliant to see. About the Op though, I absolutely loved it! The great instrumentals coupled with the glorious animation was a nice treat!

Overall, a fine 6/10. Really, had the animation been a little better and the ED song a little more creative, I’d have easily awarded this show an 8. I’ll probably pick up the manga sometime, since I’m also curious to know how Iori x Chisa goes.

- Storyline: 6/10
- Characterization/Character Development: 7/10
- Art/Animation: 5/10
- Sound Department: 8/10
- Personal Enjoyment: 7/10
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2018 1:27 AM
Feb 2013
Im gonna be sad without Grand Blue each week. It has been so funny and enjoyable
Sep 29, 2018 1:36 AM

Mar 2009
I'd say this was a pretty funny show(alongside so many other good comedies this summer season) with a lot of cute girls. A story about college kids is also a nice change, come to think of. Wish there were more anime like that. However, I'm definitely confused about the ridiculously high rating the manga has. Then again, everyone was in love with Baka to Test too, so maybe I'm just not a huge fan of this author's works. Still, this was a hell of a lot better than Baka to Test.
Sep 29, 2018 1:43 AM
Feb 2012
One of the most baffling over-praised series especially these past couple of years kind of like Hero Academia.

Still better than Chio-chan or something truly rock bottom like that though.

Mormegil said:
However, I'm definitely confused about the ridiculously high rating the manga has.

You're not the only one confused. The manga goes around in circles and continues to introduce useless characters. Some more of recent ones were some buff German weebs with stupid annoying faces.
ahneemeSep 29, 2018 1:46 AM
Sep 29, 2018 2:58 AM
May 2015
I hope season 2 will come in. :( It was Funny. I'm looking forward to it every week. Now it has ended. I like all the episode, very Funny.
Sep 29, 2018 3:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best of this anime series is the principal Theme!!!!

6/10 is my vote!!!
Sep 29, 2018 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
Solid adaptation of the manga. All of those photos were amazing.
Sep 29, 2018 5:34 AM

May 2012
Weak fanserive
Unfunny comedy
Bad and boring characters (specially the males)
Naked men everywhere
No plot

Final score is 3/10

I can't even believe this junk is rated over 8, and I'm also surprised that this anime could make anyone laugh.

I hope it never get 2nd season

Sep 29, 2018 7:13 AM

Jan 2018
All is well that ends well. well, it was quite a faithful adaption and really enjoyed it.

Hope, they will make a 2nd season because there are a lot of fun things to come.
Sep 29, 2018 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
I expected something much worse at the beginning. It turned out to be pretty okay. I enjoyed it, somehow. In some places animation direction was lacking, especially when they switched locations.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 29, 2018 9:04 AM
Sep 2017
Welp One of The Best Anime for Summer Season is Over
I truly wish it wasn't over but well atleast it was funny at the very end and enjoyed to the fullest
Best Funny,Hilarious,Sports Anime Ever I hope the manga is still ongoing and the next couple of years get 2nd season I hope :D
Sep 29, 2018 9:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
As a huge fan of the manga, an anime is a lackluster adaptation. It's mainly because the comic timing feels off and the sound editing doesn't complement the punchlines. And visually, it's not quite good. However, that doesn't make this a bad anime. It is definitely good and very funny, regardless of adaptation quality.

7/10
GoldenDevilGamerSep 29, 2018 11:39 AM
Sep 29, 2018 9:53 AM

May 2017
MihailZ said:
Welp One of The Best Anime for Summer Season is Over
I truly wish it wasn't over but well atleast it was funny at the very end and enjoyed to the fullest
Best Funny,Hilarious,Sports Anime Ever I hope the manga is still ongoing and the next couple of years get 2nd season I hope :D

dude, you say what i want to say
yup! this anime is MVP this summer
Sep 29, 2018 11:20 AM

Oct 2007
I WANNA GO BACK TO UNI
Sep 29, 2018 5:37 PM
Aug 2016
I don't normally discuss anything here on MAL. Mostly if I leave a comment its on what ever site I watch it on. But since I loved watching this show so much, I figured I would jump in here and throw something out there.

This show honestly came up at the just the right time in the summer, and I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it. There was never a dull moment for me, and I hope that if it pops up on anybody else's radar; that you give it a shot.

Peace out Grand Blue. You will be sorely missed on my currently watching list.
Sep 29, 2018 5:58 PM

Jun 2017
I enjoyed it - a lot.
Season 2 when?

Guess i'm reading the manga then...

Overall 8/10, made my Friday great again
Sep 29, 2018 6:35 PM
May 2018
gonna ship iori and chisa! cakey is an animal when drunk hahaha. season 2 please
Sep 29, 2018 6:37 PM
May 2018
i wish there would be more chisa x iori moments
Sep 29, 2018 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
2nd best new comedy this season..

while ima Asuza guy, i agree Kohei's statement about Cakey being the True End. drunk Cakey is hilariously scary tho lol

hope there's more even if just in forever OVA form
Sep 29, 2018 8:13 PM

Mar 2016
Honestly this was such a fun show to watch!
I loved all the characters and it had funny moments throughout

I also really liked the opening song! It incapsulates this show and summer so nicely :) it was your basic frat movie but so much better

I’m even thinking of buying the manga, hehe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 9:53 PM

Jul 2016
That's a satisfying finale. They maxed out their drinking session, Spiritus 60% alcohol, this guys drunk tolerance is definitely so high. I need more IorixChisa moments. Since there's more of manga content, looking foward to season 2 if there will be.
Sep 30, 2018 1:09 AM

Jul 2012
Oh wow had no idea this would be the last episode. It's one of those laid back and lighthearted shows that makes you forget everything else going on around. Hope it'll continue where it left off, one day.
Sep 30, 2018 1:36 AM

Nov 2014
This series is the only one that i highly anticipated in this summer, since i've been reading few chapters of manga and i really addicted to it,
the OP is my favorite OP for this summer, the beat and music realy fit to the joy of summer,diving,and drinking.

i think the adaptation was really great, the face reaction the jokes, especially the jokes and humor, they really fit my comedic taste. They also elaborate the joy in togetherness in a group of people( in this case PaB).

for this final episode i think there are several point that catches me

- the blissful moment for iori x chisa ( idk but i really shipped this pair XD)
- 50 % of joy and beauty of diving with another 50 % of joy of drinking lol
- wonderful diving/sea scene
- The humour that always make me laugh

I really hope they will continue this adaptation to next season since AFAIK this anime just only adapt about 1/4 or 1/3 from the manga itself, there are more wonderful character and jokes from manga that need to be shown in anime.

Great summer-vibe anime for summer season, it'll be absolutely 10/10 for me
Sep 30, 2018 3:34 AM

Apr 2015
Diving show that's least fun when they're actually diving, but we already knew that didn't we. Second half was competent, but the jokes were mostly ones used earlier so could have been much better.

Show didn't live up to promise, but it still was a charming and fun show which conveyed endlessly good vibes. 6-7/10
Sep 30, 2018 4:32 AM

Feb 2015
This was the best summer anime ever. Kept me laughing and made me want to try diving at least once. :)
Sep 30, 2018 6:30 AM
Jun 2017
GREAT FINALE EPISODE as it made me laugh while watching it, and of course i love the episode as a whole. their group is fun to watch with...

LOVE THIS SERIES AS A WHOLE AND IM GONNA MISS THIS ONE!!! THE COMEDY ANIME OF THE YEAR!!!
Sep 30, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2018
Drunk Aina is the best. It was a good show, some jokes became boring at the end though.
Sep 30, 2018 8:48 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Very nice final episode. I liked all the moments the group shared together when diving as well as afterwards.

Would like a second season someday.
Sep 30, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
Product of Poland.
Oh how I love when my country is recognized for alcohol.

Anyway, good comedy with characters that are older than high schoolers.
Not really a good show about diving. I mean, the diving parts were great, and I enjoyed them; their lessons, buying equipment, and actual diving. But yeah, there weren't too much of that. Maybe like two eps combined were about diving, I'd say.
Graphics were nice. I liked the characters.
Although turtle parents don't swim with their young. They lay eggs and just leave. Unless there is a species that takes care of children that I'm not aware of.

Still it's a 7/10 from me. 7,5 to be precise, but not gonna round it up to 8 as I feel series does not deserve that.
I would watch next season if it ever comes out.
I like pancakes.
Sep 30, 2018 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
A very dull last episode for a funny series. It doesn't quite get that its strengths don't lie in whatever emotional discourse it tries to wrap up. Then again, I guess it was difficult to make a satisfying conclusion out of a series that is at its best when it's simple over-the-top drunk fun.

Overall a 7/10 to the show, it existed, I had fun, it was a lazy as fuck adaptation and the characters didn't quite reach any further than the jokes around them, but I wouldn't mind a second season.
Oct 1, 2018 6:20 AM
Sep 2018
This anime is by far one of the best anime this year. I wonder if we'll get a second season and fast!
Oct 1, 2018 11:15 AM
Sep 2015
It was good, but the best comedy for me is Asobi Asobase (don't kill me please)

Grand Blue wasn't my cup of tea. The jokes were repetitive and the nudity was over the top. Probably the manga is better than this anime adaptation, but I'm not planning on reading that soon.

I rate it 7/10
Oct 1, 2018 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
Have to say I wasnt expecting that little gut punch with Iori not being able to dive, felt really bad for him. But his response surprised me too haha.

Kudos to this show because I really didnt expect a comedy that was this funny even if a bit repetitive.
Oct 1, 2018 6:04 PM

Nov 2015
I had high hopes for this Anime after seeing its high Manga score and Takamatsu Shinji being the director. It surpassed my expectations and I can't wait to start reading the manga!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Oct 1, 2018 6:24 PM

May 2015
Mormegil said:
I'd say this was a pretty funny show(alongside so many other good comedies this summer season) with a lot of cute girls. A story about college kids is also a nice change, come to think of. Wish there were more anime like that. However, I'm definitely confused about the ridiculously high rating the manga has. Then again, everyone was in love with Baka to Test too, so maybe I'm just not a huge fan of this author's works. Still, this was a hell of a lot better than Baka to Test.

You wouldn't be confused if you read it. This adaptation doesn't do it justice in the slightest.

Oct 2, 2018 5:13 AM

Oct 2014
Good anime adaptation! As a manga reader, studio Zero-G did a good job. There's a lot of room to improve though, like the animation, artwork (only Chisa looks pretty imo), and the voice acting (its bad compare to Asobi Asobase).

Still, that was a fun ride. And I'm happy that my best manga got it well deserve anime adaptation. Season 2 wont hurt, right? 8/10 for me.
Oct 3, 2018 5:03 AM

Apr 2016
An anime about diving with only a few diving scenes , instead a lot of alcohol, naked drunk students and funny moments
Final Score 7/10

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why the Characters here don't seem to attend their college classes like they do in high school.

JiangHaoyi1979 - Sep 7, 2018

14 by Jameessmith »»
Apr 20, 12:21 AM

» News and Big Event

Omarumba - Mar 1

24 by erdemba59 »»
Apr 7, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

66 by DebiPS »»
Mar 7, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

85 by aod-kun »»
Feb 25, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2018

86 by aod-kun »»
Feb 25, 4:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.