Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 29, 2018 11:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 15
the first season is kinda meh when you think about it so they assume the rest is not as good.

PS
people have different opinions
 
Sep 29, 2018 11:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 30
The hate isn't actually that much, it has a pretty high rating here and still receives a lot of positive attention. It's just that, knowing this, it only emphasizes the opinion of the vocal minority.
 
Sep 29, 2018 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1716
The more fans it get's the more haters and lovers it grows everyday
 
Sep 30, 2018 2:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 489
I think the question is why is this getting all the hype and attention when there's legitimately good anime that have so much more to offer beyond well animated fight scenes (that mostly don't really make sense but I digress) and voice acting (nice dub BTW)

I used to be a fan until season 3 (actually the stain arc) when I realized....my hero academia is honestly legitimately garbage (I have trash taste and I'm still pretty new to anime so I stuck that long and it even used to be a fave back in 2016- 2017...sue me)


And are you kidding me....nothing gets more hate than SAO and more exaggerated praise than Hero academia (and maybe Jojo's...but at least that one has stuff about it that can warrant the overhype)
Even black clover fans (which is where I'd expect that statement to come from) are lying to themselves if they say it gets more hate than SAO lol...which internet are you using really lol (enjoy this calm before the storm..there's a week to SAO 3.. Lord have mercy on us all oh boy๐Ÿ˜‚ )

MHA fanboys responses to any sort of criticism is "Shut up! You're a hater" and a couple of insults (first hand experience. Screw you guys by the way)
It gets away with the laziest writing while suddenly the same people giving this trash a pass go and complain about/ trash other shows for having the same and even less problems than this because it's the third coming of Christ in anime form or something.
(You can find some of my problems with the episode that made me drop the show in one of the discussions of an episode that was being praised as a masterpiece if you really care that much...let's not even start from episode 1 throughout and..oh God the Stain arc...oh God...)

At least with a number of other anime you can have some civil discussions and disagreements about them without it devolving into "Don't say anything bad about my anime!! You just hate it cause other people like it!! Bleh! Get out of here!! Blah blah"

....I could rant about this forever but I've had enough discussions with the fanbase and I'm sick of the insults for responses (we all know how this plays out)... and repetition of my points for the a millionth time won't solve anything. Those lead nowhere

...what am I even saying..

TLDR : It's just really not good. If more people are seeing that then there's hope for humanity . Either way the anime's so popular right now that everyone will have more content of it shoved down their throats whether they like it or not. Your anime's doing so great to the point the very very few "haters" don't matter so it shouldn't really affect you
Please show me where the people who realised the show's garbage so I can hug them though. My faith in humanity's been declining

Note: The anime's just not as good as everyone says it is TBH but my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. It doesn't matter. I'm an anime noob with trash taste so you can save on the insults guys...please..please?...have mercy I beg

(so much repetition but lol....someone complaining about MHA of all things having detractors is just so...so...wow lol.....I'm sorry, have you even seen all the anime that get ignored?..I'm clearly triggered...and I should just stop typing till I get it together lol.. I'm sorry about this)

Edit: wow that's a long angry post. #whysomad . I don't get myself ๐Ÿ˜‚
Modified by JudoJD, Sep 30, 2018 2:18 AM
1.1.Six
 
Sep 30, 2018 5:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 30
JudoJD said:
I think the question is why is this getting all the hype and attention when there's legitimately good anime that have so much more to offer beyond well animated fight scenes (that mostly don't really make sense but I digress) and voice acting (nice dub BTW)

I used to be a fan until season 3 (actually the stain arc) when I realized....my hero academia is honestly legitimately garbage (I have trash taste and I'm still pretty new to anime so I stuck that long and it even used to be a fave back in 2016- 2017...sue me)


And are you kidding me....nothing gets more hate than SAO and more exaggerated praise than Hero academia (and maybe Jojo's...but at least that one has stuff about it that can warrant the overhype)
Even black clover fans (which is where I'd expect that statement to come from) are lying to themselves if they say it gets more hate than SAO lol...which internet are you using really lol (enjoy this calm before the storm..there's a week to SAO 3.. Lord have mercy on us all oh boy๐Ÿ˜‚ )

MHA fanboys responses to any sort of criticism is "Shut up! You're a hater" and a couple of insults (first hand experience. Screw you guys by the way)
It gets away with the laziest writing while suddenly the same people giving this trash a pass go and complain about/ trash other shows for having the same and even less problems than this because it's the third coming of Christ in anime form or something.
(You can find some of my problems with the episode that made me drop the show in one of the discussions of an episode that was being praised as a masterpiece if you really care that much...let's not even start from episode 1 throughout and..oh God the Stain arc...oh God...)

At least with a number of other anime you can have some civil discussions and disagreements about them without it devolving into "Don't say anything bad about my anime!! You just hate it cause other people like it!! Bleh! Get out of here!! Blah blah"

....I could rant about this forever but I've had enough discussions with the fanbase and I'm sick of the insults for responses (we all know how this plays out)... and repetition of my points for the a millionth time won't solve anything. Those lead nowhere

...what am I even saying..

TLDR : It's just really not good. If more people are seeing that then there's hope for humanity . Either way the anime's so popular right now that everyone will have more content of it shoved down their throats whether they like it or not. Your anime's doing so great to the point the very very few "haters" don't matter so it shouldn't really affect you
Please show me where the people who realised the show's garbage so I can hug them though. My faith in humanity's been declining

Note: The anime's just not as good as everyone says it is TBH but my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. It doesn't matter. I'm an anime noob with trash taste so you can save on the insults guys...please..please?...have mercy I beg

(so much repetition but lol....someone complaining about MHA of all things having detractors is just so...so...wow lol.....I'm sorry, have you even seen all the anime that get ignored?..I'm clearly triggered...and I should just stop typing till I get it together lol.. I'm sorry about this)

Edit: wow that's a long angry post. #whysomad . I don't get myself ๐Ÿ˜‚
why did you dislike the Stain arc?
 
Sep 30, 2018 6:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 489
shonen_fan said:
JudoJD said:
I think the question is why is this getting all the hype and attention when there's legitimately good anime that have so much more to offer beyond well animated fight scenes (that mostly don't really make sense but I digress) and voice acting (nice dub BTW)

I used to be a fan until season 3 (actually the stain arc) when I realized....my hero academia is honestly legitimately garbage (I have trash taste and I'm still pretty new to anime so I stuck that long and it even used to be a fave back in 2016- 2017...sue me)


And are you kidding me....nothing gets more hate than SAO and more exaggerated praise than Hero academia (and maybe Jojo's...but at least that one has stuff about it that can warrant the overhype)
Even black clover fans (which is where I'd expect that statement to come from) are lying to themselves if they say it gets more hate than SAO lol...which internet are you using really lol (enjoy this calm before the storm..there's a week to SAO 3.. Lord have mercy on us all oh boy๐Ÿ˜‚ )

MHA fanboys responses to any sort of criticism is "Shut up! You're a hater" and a couple of insults (first hand experience. Screw you guys by the way)
It gets away with the laziest writing while suddenly the same people giving this trash a pass go and complain about/ trash other shows for having the same and even less problems than this because it's the third coming of Christ in anime form or something.
(You can find some of my problems with the episode that made me drop the show in one of the discussions of an episode that was being praised as a masterpiece if you really care that much...let's not even start from episode 1 throughout and..oh God the Stain arc...oh God...)

At least with a number of other anime you can have some civil discussions and disagreements about them without it devolving into "Don't say anything bad about my anime!! You just hate it cause other people like it!! Bleh! Get out of here!! Blah blah"

....I could rant about this forever but I've had enough discussions with the fanbase and I'm sick of the insults for responses (we all know how this plays out)... and repetition of my points for the a millionth time won't solve anything. Those lead nowhere

...what am I even saying..

TLDR : It's just really not good. If more people are seeing that then there's hope for humanity . Either way the anime's so popular right now that everyone will have more content of it shoved down their throats whether they like it or not. Your anime's doing so great to the point the very very few "haters" don't matter so it shouldn't really affect you
Please show me where the people who realised the show's garbage so I can hug them though. My faith in humanity's been declining

Note: The anime's just not as good as everyone says it is TBH but my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. It doesn't matter. I'm an anime noob with trash taste so you can save on the insults guys...please..please?...have mercy I beg

(so much repetition but lol....someone complaining about MHA of all things having detractors is just so...so...wow lol.....I'm sorry, have you even seen all the anime that get ignored?..I'm clearly triggered...and I should just stop typing till I get it together lol.. I'm sorry about this)

Edit: wow that's a long angry post. #whysomad . I don't get myself ๐Ÿ˜‚
why did you dislike the Stain arc?

Why would I like the stain arc? lol
1.1.Six
 
Sep 30, 2018 6:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 30
JudoJD said:
shonen_fan said:
why did you dislike the Stain arc?

Why would I like the stain arc? lol
There's some cool power progression in Izuku's abilities to mix up the formula. We meet some important characters' like Gran Torino and Stain, the latter being a villain with fairly interesting motivations as an extremist influenced by All Might's Symbol of Peace status. The execution could've been better though. Also Iida's character development.

I'm not trying to fall into the stereotype you presented in your post by harping on about how good it is, but this is really all I can say since I don't actually know why you'd like the arc...You acted as if you didn't like it so thats why I was asking you in the first place.
 
Sep 30, 2018 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
i wouldn't say that i hate it but its kinda overrated ....
when you think about it its just your usual textbook shounen anime, nothing special really
so it kinda confusing when people said its going to be naruto successor in the long run.. when the whole plot that happened in the manga right now is nothing but a flashback with Deku narrating... which mean the manga is on borrowed time.....


The moment the manga show sign of the plot being dragged( kinda happening right now )
thats where it will fall... their manga sales already going down, it wont be long before it get cancelled. thought it wont happen since jump still haven't found the replacement for Bleach and Naruto.
 
Sep 30, 2018 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 86
While I don't hate it, I do think it makes a ton of mistakes. Less so recently, but overall there's just a weird nonsense about some of the things that happen. I still really enjoy the show, so I don't really let it bother me much, but people really praise it like it's flawless and I think that gets annoying for people who don't, and in turn creates hate for it. Of course if it wasn't so popular it probably wouldn't be so extreme.

That said, I never see anyone hating on this show. Not that I'm really looking.
 
Sep 30, 2018 8:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 210
I'm also finding myself hate this series more and more but it is not without a reason.

Everything I dislike about the show has already been said in this thread.

But if I could pin-point one thing is that there are no major consequences. For God's sake there are school shootings in one episode and next one is characters being happy and joyful. ''No one dies'' might be a term that has been said so many times but it is justified. What is the point of a hardcore fight if we know that no one is going to die. There are no stakes because of this.

The show is hyped so much but aside from 15 years old fighting , I don't see why it is hyped so much.
Also the fights themselves are very simple in a bad way.

But all said it is an enjoyable show though but not for reasons I wanted it to be.
 
Sep 30, 2018 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 88
Frostbain said:

They waste their time fighting each other rather than fighting the villains. I think the tournament arc took like 12 episodes? That’s stupid.


Tournament Arcs are ones of the most popular. And instead of just throwing randos at them, they instead gave backstory etc to side characters. The whole point of tournament arc was for the characters to grow. Especially Todoroki and Midoriya.


Nobody dies. Seriously, i’ve seen first 2 seasons and first half of season 3 and i don’t remember anyone important dying. It’s been a while though so i might have just forgot.

People die, yes. especially later on.
Remember One Piece? It took ages until people really died there too (the mountain bandit was unimportant).
Dying MCs or SCs is a trope that can lead to problems (see dragonball with their constant dying and resurrection) especially when the characters are not well established. There's one exception
.

I dont know if MCs or SCs will die in the future. I hope not to be honest.


Characters suck. I have no problem with Deku being a crybaby but ‘‘I wanna be like All Might and save everyone’’ feels cheap you know.
Bakugou is straight up an asshole and is jut too fucking annoying. The whole reason he exists is to annoy Deku so the show feels more shounen-ish.
All Might... i think he’s not that bad honestly.


I'm sorry, but the whole show is "I want to become the No.1 hero". And the whole Season 3 is about how he can come out of All Mights shadow and become his own hero.
Bakugou gets also a lot of development during S3. He's still an asshole, I totally agree, and I dont like him. But i dont mind him being in this show.
And then we have all the other characters with their own development, traits, wishes and dreams.
Except Mineta. Mineta can burn in hell.
Modified by Katojana, Sep 30, 2018 9:55 AM
 
Sep 30, 2018 9:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 30
Katojana said:
Frostbain said:

They waste their time fighting each other rather than fighting the villains. I think the tournament arc took like 12 episodes? That’s stupid.


Tournament Arcs are ones of the most popular. And instead of just throwing randos at them, they instead gave backstory etc to side characters. The whole point of tournament arc was for the characters to grow. Especially Todoroki and Midoriya.


Nobody dies. Seriously, i’ve seen first 2 seasons and first half of season 3 and i don’t remember anyone important dying. It’s been a while though so i might have just forgot.

People die, yes. especially later on.
Remember One Piece? It took ages until people really died there too (the mountain bandit was unimportant).
Dying MCs or SCs is a trope that can lead to problems (see dragonball with their constant dying and resurrection) especially when the characters are not well established. There's one exception ____
I dont know if MCs or SCs will die in the future. I hope not to be honest.


Characters suck. I have no problem with Deku being a crybaby but ‘‘I wanna be like All Might and save everyone’’ feels cheap you know.
Bakugou is straight up an asshole and is jut too fucking annoying. The whole reason he exists is to annoy Deku so the show feels more shounen-ish.
All Might... i think he’s not that bad honestly.


I'm sorry, but the whole show is "I want to become the No.1 hero". And the whole Season 3 is about how he can come out of All Mights shadow and become his own hero.
Bakugou gets also a lot of development during S3. He's still an asshole, I totally agree, and I dont like him. But i dont mind him being in this show.
And then we have all the other characters with their own development, traits, wishes and dreams.
Except Mineta. Mineta can burn in hell.
should probably fix that spoiler.
Modified by shonen_fan, Sep 30, 2018 10:07 AM
 
Sep 30, 2018 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 88
shonen_fan said:
should probably fix that spoiler.


Whoops!
Thank you very much! I fix'd
 
Sep 30, 2018 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1830
I must be really out of loop of the anime community, since I don't really remember seeing people hating on BnHA. Yes, people have said it's overrated (I am bound to agree) or that they don't like it personally, but very few people call it outright bad in my experience.
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani
 
Sep 30, 2018 1:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Basically. moral of the story to ANYONE who watches anime, dont fucking give a damn to fanbase, watch for your own liking and that's it. It is so much better this way
 
Sep 30, 2018 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3066
AzuFarisNyan said:
Because it is an overrated run of the mill shounen drivel with a two-dimensional and trope reliant cast of 90% background characters.

The fact that we were able to predict so easily really shows how uninspired and formulaic the series is.




..............................................
 
Sep 30, 2018 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1126
Because hating popular shows is cool, simple as that.

Or maybe people are just being tsundere cuz they can't accept that there's an actually good big shounen (that's not One Piece) :)
 
Sep 30, 2018 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 192
Lol since when has Boku no Hero seen more hate than SAO?
 
Sep 30, 2018 4:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 291
You have to accept the fact that it is new SAO of anime where people try to look cool by hating it.Hating on SAO is not cool anymore and has gone really cliche so people have found a new scapegoat in the form of BnHA. If OPM starts producing seasons like Bnha, the torch would be passed on to that anime.
You shouldn't give a flying fuck to all this hate and instead be grateful towards the fact that your favorite anime is receiving season renewals in such a rapid manner whereas many other anime don't even get a 2nd season.
Modified by CoreFinder, Sep 30, 2018 5:14 PM
 
Sep 30, 2018 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6346
Cause its the cool thing to do on MAL hate on the popular anime SAO is coming back so the hate will be redirected towards that for the time being since its going to be two 25 episode split cours.

I have to admit Academia's first season is bad compared to the second and third seasons so I can see why some people would be turned off especially since we dive right into a tournament arc in the second season.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Sep 30, 2018 5:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Honestly every anime gets hate and they are a bunch of trolls with no life.
 
Sep 30, 2018 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9512
xShinigami3125 said:
Swagernator said:

Did you saw the fanfics of Midoriya and Bakugou ? No wonder its winning CR awards.

Just cuz it has some fujoshi fans ? Fujoshi aren't the majority of the anime community and the Crunchyroll anime awards are all about popularity.

>fujoshis arent the majority in the anime community

ok yea no
i can let anything in this thread slide but not this

in japan right now,
osomatsu and yuri on ice are 2 of the top 10 best selling modern anime of all time, yuri only losing to double shaft and osomatsu losing to gundam and LL

not the anime community but they share the same fanbase,
almost every single fcking gacha game now, has at least 1-2 minimum hot guys or cute guys specifically made with the intent to market it to girls
nvm that we're already gender bending female idol games to male idols

i'm mot saying their bad but saying fujos are notthe majority is fcking insane
Dating appa are like rolling the gacha. The chances are low but there's still a chance to get something if you are lucky. - kaiser something
 
Sep 30, 2018 10:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 12
Frostbain said:

They waste their time fighting each other rather than fighting the villains. I think the tournament arc took like 12 episodes? That’s stupid.

Nobody dies. Seriously, i’ve seen first 2 seasons and first half of season 3 and i don’t remember anyone important dying. It’s been a while though so i might have just forgot.

The tournament arc it's a very important part of the plot because of the new characters they introduce and to understand Todoroki's back history.
Also, nobody dies... you sir want dead? you want to see important characters fkng die? then wait for the next season and you will see...
 
Oct 1, 2018 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
the fact that you lumped bnha together with sao makes me sad )):
 
Oct 1, 2018 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2455
First time I'm seeing "discriminatory" being applied to an anime honestly.
 
Oct 1, 2018 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 354
Mostly because people see it as "the new Naruto", I bet once the Yakuza arc happens it will get even more flack
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
 
Oct 1, 2018 1:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2454
bnha is p much the same as every other shounen, the only difference is that it's popular and new, new for new anime fans.
 
Oct 1, 2018 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5184
Golden_Scarlett said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Just cuz it has some fujoshi fans ? Fujoshi aren't the majority of the anime community and the Crunchyroll anime awards are all about popularity.

>fujoshis arent the majority in the anime community

ok yea no
i can let anything in this thread slide but not this

in japan right now,
osomatsu and yuri on ice are 2 of the top 10 best selling modern anime of all time, yuri only losing to double shaft and osomatsu losing to gundam and LL

not the anime community but they share the same fanbase,
almost every single fcking gacha game now, has at least 1-2 minimum hot guys or cute guys specifically made with the intent to market it to girls
nvm that we're already gender bending female idol games to male idols

i'm mot saying their bad but saying fujos are notthe majority is fcking insane

The examples you mention are from Japan and I don't think that a lot of Japanese people vote in the Crunchyroll anime awards.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Oct 1, 2018 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9512
xShinigami3125 said:
Golden_Scarlett said:

>fujoshis arent the majority in the anime community

ok yea no
i can let anything in this thread slide but not this

in japan right now,
osomatsu and yuri on ice are 2 of the top 10 best selling modern anime of all time, yuri only losing to double shaft and osomatsu losing to gundam and LL

not the anime community but they share the same fanbase,
almost every single fcking gacha game now, has at least 1-2 minimum hot guys or cute guys specifically made with the intent to market it to girls
nvm that we're already gender bending female idol games to male idols

i'm mot saying their bad but saying fujos are notthe majority is fcking insane

The examples you mention are from Japan and I don't think that a lot of Japanese people vote in the Crunchyroll anime awards.

k so america(cause you know CR is pretty much an american thing now)
so much bishie fanart, so much gay fanfic
unless you wanna assume all those people are pirates (still wont stop them from voting)
yea point still stand
at the very least 20% of bha's entire fanbase are fujos or at the veryy least, just watching for the hot guys
it's the same for all shounen and its no different for bha
Dating appa are like rolling the gacha. The chances are low but there's still a chance to get something if you are lucky. - kaiser something
 
Oct 1, 2018 6:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5184
Golden_Scarlett said:
xShinigami3125 said:

The examples you mention are from Japan and I don't think that a lot of Japanese people vote in the Crunchyroll anime awards.

k so america(cause you know CR is pretty much an american thing now)
so much bishie fanart, so much gay fanfic
unless you wanna assume all those people are pirates (still wont stop them from voting)
yea point still stand
at the very least 20% of bha's entire fanbase are fujos or at the veryy least, just watching for the hot guys
it's the same for all shounen and its no different for bha

What you say is possible but we can't be certain cuz your perception of the fanbase might not be accurate.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Oct 1, 2018 7:29 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 11
StallionXD said:
Frostbain said:

They waste their time fighting each other rather than fighting the villains. I think the tournament arc took like 12 episodes? That’s stupid.

Nobody dies. Seriously, i’ve seen first 2 seasons and first half of season 3 and i don’t remember anyone important dying. It’s been a while though so i might have just forgot.

The tournament arc it's a very important part of the plot because of the new characters they introduce and to understand Todoroki's back history.
Also, nobody dies... you sir want dead? you want to see important characters fkng die? then wait for the next season and you will see...


Who even cares about Todoroki. All we learn about him is he hates his dad.
 
Oct 1, 2018 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1830
Frostbain said:
StallionXD said:

The tournament arc it's a very important part of the plot because of the new characters they introduce and to understand Todoroki's back history.
Also, nobody dies... you sir want dead? you want to see important characters fkng die? then wait for the next season and you will see...


Who even cares about Todoroki. All we learn about him is he hates his dad.

Answer: a lot of yaoi doujin community :D
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani
 
Oct 1, 2018 1:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2610
Man, do I love the smell of salt in the morning and afternoon.
 
Oct 1, 2018 5:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 559
MeinKaiser said:
i wouldn't say that i hate it but its kinda overrated ....
when you think about it its just your usual textbook shounen anime, nothing special really
so it kinda confusing when people said its going to be naruto successor in the long run.. when the whole plot that happened in the manga right now is nothing but a flashback with Deku narrating... which mean the manga is on borrowed time.....


The moment the manga show sign of the plot being dragged( kinda happening right now )
thats where it will fall... their manga sales already going down, it wont be long before it get cancelled. thought it wont happen since jump still haven't found the replacement for Bleach and Naruto.


Idk how these sales hold up compared to other areas of the world but it's got strong sales whenever a new volume comes out in the US.

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=212095

It's sales have gone down in Japan, it's still doing fine overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N16RAPHLwNY

People seem to still be in love with the series and there is a flip where as One Piece is Super Popular in Japan, My Hero Academia/Attack on Titan are the ones that are mega hits when it comes to anime over here in the states. So much so they had to change the lists to be non sequels because my hero academia and attack on titan were always on top when they were airing.

The series is doing fantastic and it might dip when it starts to get into Season 4 since some people have grips with stuff that is coming up, who knows.

It's doing fantastically overall so no real concerns at the moment.
 
Oct 1, 2018 7:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 335
I haven't noticed this hate, Boku no Hero Academia is pretty well loved and with good reason, it doesn't break any new ground but for the most part it doesn't make any big mistakes either, there are a few (Mineta) but even some commonly complained about apsects of the show aren't really faults as much as people just not understanding what they are watching. The two big offenders being the "Boku no Hero Academia is just Naruto retold" and "Bakugo is a shallow character" neither of which really ring true.

To start with the Naruto thing, the two are completely different stories, people just latch on to the whole "I want to be the best of this group of people" and lump the two character motivations together as being the same. The story of Naruto is all about acceptance and forgiveness, nearly every single big character arc in the show revolves around these concepts, be it Naruto's relationship with the village, Naruto and Sasuke, Naruto and Kurama, Sasuke and Sakura, Nagato and Nagato or even just smaller stoylines like Lee and Neji or Gaara and his village. The motivation of Naruto is always "I want to be accepted by the village, it's not a feeling of inspiration towards any kind of person or a specific person, just a general feeling of wanting to be accepted, if Naruto had been written as a story in our modern world his story would be about a kid exploring the world of social media for likes and retweets while campaigning against cyber bullying. Then we'd really be seeing the "talk no jutsu" in action.

Boku no Hero Academia is a story of self discipline, reaching an impossible goal through self mastery, just think how many of the arcs so far boil down to "I shouldn't have stepped out of line" and "I should have worked harder". Izuku is of course the posterboy for this as the protagonist of the story, a boy with no inherent qualities who still works really hards towards a goal that turns him timid as he's constantly being left behind in the dust by characters like Katsuki who seem to be on an effortless fast track towards his goal.

Katsuki is the rival character to Izuku because he's everything he's not while sharing the same goal, and ultimately he's a rival character and not an antagonist because he's on the disciplined side of this story and not on the chaotic one, he's intelligent, strong and intuitive with all the outwards qualities of a hero but lacking the self discipline Izuku has (while Izuku is for the most part the opposite) which is why arcs that focus on Katsuki tend to climax in him displaying discipline of some sort, be it keeping a secret or keeping to an ideal of his when everyone would expect him to do the reverse. Those moments in the story that make you go "oh right, he really does want to be like All Might." And then you have the Izuku storylines that focus on him applying his discipline to achieve his goals.

If Katsuki wasn't an obnoxious brat he wouldn't work as a mirror to Izuku, a character can be dislikable without being a poor character, sure a lot of characters are both dislikable and poor characters (Minata) but a lot of dislikable characters are good characters, as popular antagonists in stories will often show you.

Is any of this deep? Not really, but it's dumb to dislike the show for these reasons, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Boku no Hero Academia but these two most common ones are just not two of them.
 
Oct 2, 2018 3:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 12
Frostbain said:
StallionXD said:

The tournament arc it's a very important part of the plot because of the new characters they introduce and to understand Todoroki's back history.
Also, nobody dies... you sir want dead? you want to see important characters fkng die? then wait for the next season and you will see...


Who even cares about Todoroki. All we learn about him is he hates his dad.

Well, if you think like that then I don't think u even understand how a character grow works. Maybe that's why u dont like BNHA. Anyways, u don't care about what I have to say, and neither do I about what do u think about BNHA, so go hate it for no reason.
 
Oct 3, 2018 4:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 660
Natsuki_Hyundai said:

I personally don't understand. The first thing to guess is "because it's popular" but I've seen less criticism toward stuff like One Piece or SAO which are much more popular than HeroAca.


You definitely must not be in the anime community quite a lot to say MHA gets more hate than SAO, the most hated popular anime.



โ—† โ– โ—†
 
Oct 3, 2018 3:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 103
Slimcoder said:
Nero_Angelo said:
i absolutely hate HMA heres a few reasons

its extremely boring i generally coulndnt make it to the 4th episode

the charterers are boring and uninteresting the main character is extramly annoying

tbh i think it deserves all the hate maybe then people will realize how bad it actually is


Says the characters are boring & uninteresting yet couldn't even make it past the 4th episode.

Sounds about right.


Tbh, you don't sound like you really care about the reasons why people hate the show. It's more like you just don't like that people dislike or hate something that you like. Thinking that a show is boring or uninteresting enough that it hasn't captured your interest by the fourth episode is a valid reason to not like it. No one needs to explain why they hate or love something, and they're valid in those opinions, because opinions are not facts and cannot be wrong. People can decide for themselves whether a show appeals to them. Hell, if you know the kind of story and characters you're interested in, then sometimes you don't even need more than single episode to judge whether it's something for you.

Opinions differ; and that's okay.
 
Oct 3, 2018 4:07 PM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 5093
Popular shounen jump title is always gonna get hate. Rack up any reason you'd like.

Nero_Angelo said:
i absolutely hate HMA heres a few reasons

its extremely boring i generally coulndnt make it to the 4th episode

the charterers are boring and uninteresting the main character is extramly annoying

tbh i think it deserves all the hate maybe then people will realize how bad it actually is


If you just call it generic and uninteresting without giving any ounce of reason it just sounds like the most surface level hate opinion. I'd take you more seriously if you just said it was bad or wasn't your thing.
 
Oct 3, 2018 4:09 PM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 5093
AzuFarisNyan said:
The fact that we were able to predict so easily really shows how uninspired and formulaic the series is.


Kinda sounds like bs when all the anime only predictions all ended up being not true. Especially with the whole Bakugou becoming a villain and basically a Sasuke clone.
 
Oct 3, 2018 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1316
Stripes said:
Popular shounen jump title is always gonna get hate. Rack up any reason you'd like.

Nero_Angelo said:
i absolutely hate HMA heres a few reasons

its extremely boring i generally coulndnt make it to the 4th episode

the charterers are boring and uninteresting the main character is extramly annoying

tbh i think it deserves all the hate maybe then people will realize how bad it actually is


If you just call it generic and uninteresting without giving any ounce of reason it just sounds like the most surface level hate opinion. I'd take you more seriously if you just said it was bad or wasn't your thing.


ok good for you

i dont care though
 
Oct 4, 2018 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 203
"but I've seen less criticism toward stuff like One Piece or SAO"

one piece it's basically for the number of episodes + the battles that are too long with too much dialogue (like in naruto/bleach)

SAO clearly has more hate than boku no pico academia, and I agree with it, especially with the season 1 which is extremely bad, still not as bad as evangelion though.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
 
Oct 4, 2018 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 304
Cuz my favorite show "blablabla" should be more popular than this one REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 5, 2018 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1025
Wat, SAO used to get way more hate than BNHA ever did. The latter gets some hate since its fans overrate the shit out of it but its the minority, overall the consensus is pretty damm good (see the ratings here and on other websites).

BNHA is enjoyable but not one of the best Shounen
 
Oct 5, 2018 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1025
Farabeuf said:
This discussion is ridiculous. What hate? Look at the insanely high score this has and almost overwhelming praise in the comments and discussion. You want hate? Check out Aku no Hana (the anime). Now that's hate!



Seems like OP wants mindless praise and circlejerk from everyone, otherwise it somehow gets a lot of hate
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store