Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2018 1:25 PM

Nov 2013
Loved It 9/10, as expected the convergence with Steins;Gate was done quite seamlessly and "Hacking to the Gate" was a good last touch. The post credits scene was epic the only thing I missed through this episode is the complete absence of Kurisutina but well... I've got Steins:Gate for that.
Sep 26, 2018 1:25 PM

Feb 2016
matijaleader said:
what im missing is how did the divergence meter became a thing? didnt okabe invent it? i thought zero will show how he did that

also what was mentioned above, about the deceiving the world thing, i perhaps hoped it would have been more focused on how he realized that this is the solution for saving kurisu.

The divergence meter exists only in Alpha(and Omega) world line.
It was never stated exactly how it works, but it is assumed Okabe picks the numbers by random depending on how close he was to the IBN and SERN's influence.
Sep 26, 2018 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
I'm satisfied with the ending. Aside from a few nitpicks in direction I thought it was a great series not as impactful as OG SG but I enjoyed the story that it was telling.
Like the VN, the ending left the door open for another game or anime/movie to continue it. Makes me wonder what the ova will be about or if we'll get a Steins Gate trilogy.

9.5 is what I would give it.
Sep 26, 2018 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
I don't care what anyone else might say, this episode was absolute perfection to me.
They had some episodes that weren't as good as expected, sure, but the ones I did like, oh boy...
In the end, I'm very happy we got this adaptation.
Sep 26, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
In the end that's it. It was an ok last episode. There were some solid moments in there.

But that ties to the flaw of the show. At best it is just ok. A fairly unnecessary sequel that never really took off. The only way this could really end was with a message saying "go watch episode 23 of the original and enjoy that more." Sometimes things are best left as they are.

At least the production values were solid and the voice work well done. But the content let this show down. An ok 6/10 show.
Sep 26, 2018 1:38 PM

Jan 2017
Some episodes were good, but some were average. Overall, I did enjoy the series somewhat. And the last episode was decent. I am still a little disappointed that we didn't even have a Okabe x Kurisu moment in the last episode though. I thought they would at least show Okabe and Kurisu's future in the S;G worldline :\
Rating:- Lack of Kurisu/10

neolucaman said:
OVA will be aftermath movie dejavu pretty much confirm by this episode.

Damn! How are you so sure about that?
Anyway, I hope that's true. I would gladly watch another wholesome Okabe x Kurisu moment and I'd also like to know if they got married in the future or not lol
swirlydragonSep 26, 2018 1:49 PM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Sep 26, 2018 1:41 PM

Jun 2016
I will close my eyes to some things in the animation
but honestly SG0 it's a crazy story
09/10
EG99
Sep 26, 2018 1:41 PM

Sep 2018
As a visual novel reader: 8/10. +1 for fixing some plots in vn and masterpiece ost album!
9/10
Sep 26, 2018 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
This series was pretty nice. The way how it ended was pretty slick. Though if I am really honest. It wasn't as good as the OG series or the original series. Sure it had some moments here and there. But not as crazy or extreme like the OG series. I have struggled greatly to figure out if it earns a 7-8/10 for me. But I think in the general solution it earned a maybe 8/10. I still struggle hard but I think it was worthy. As I said not as good as the original series, but I will say the "alternate" future of what could've happened in the very end. I wonder if the OVA will pick up of a more extended finale or ending to Steins;gate.
Sep 26, 2018 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
They should've added more suffering to 0 as a whole
0 was good but it didn't live up to the original
PakuuSep 30, 2018 1:23 AM
Sep 26, 2018 1:54 PM

May 2016
What a finale I was prepared for a more hypedul ending but it was without a doubt well done. 8/10
Still prefer the original lol. EL PSY CONGROO...

Stark700 said:
Damn, Leskinen encounters Okabe again but luckly, Moeka came to help him.

Also got to see a bit of Kagari taking on Suzuha again. Okabe and his group takes one last stand for Mayuri as expected on the rooftop (I wish he wore his lab coat instead though) The good news in all this is that Russia isn't in the way this time. Mayuri also had some memorable moments as she seems thankful for what everyone has done for her.

Pretty much a climatic finale to battle for the timeline/Steins;Gate.
Seems like you rushed your comment for the first place lol.
RaizelSep 26, 2018 2:06 PM
Sep 26, 2018 2:06 PM

Aug 2018
Crying;Gate Strike Again

What an episode ! it's the most beautiful ending i could imagine
The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.
Sep 26, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
That moment when Hacking to the Gate started playing, it sent instant shivers down my spine. Damn, that song is good. =D

The final episode felt a bit on the rushed side, but it still hit the hype I had for it, thankfully, and also doing a great job in fixing most of the loose ends in a better way compared to the VN.

Overall, it had its sluggish and slow moments, just like the orginal Steins Gate series had at the start, but when things got intense and emotional, Steins Gate 0 still hit hard in those sections and despite some production issues along the way, I can't fault White Fox for the last 4 episodes being strong in the animation and visual department.

The only thing left for me to question is about the upcoming OVA in three months. What is it going to be? I guess we'll have to wait until it comes out to find out if it expands the story or just some light-hearted fluffy filler moments.

9.5/10, so I'll have to round it up or down once the hype of the last episode dies down a bit. =P
Sep 26, 2018 2:10 PM
Aug 2017
S;G 0 anime is better than VN, and that's for sure...at least for me
Sep 26, 2018 2:11 PM

Aug 2018
Pakuu said:
They should've added more suffering
0 was good but it didn't live up to the hype

You want more suffering and happy ending at same time all in last episode ?
i think 0 through the 22 episodes have enough suffering

Pakuu said:
They should've added more suffering
0 was good but it didn't live up to the hype

You want more suffering and happy ending at same time all in last episode ?
i think 0 through the 22 episodes have enough suffering

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazSep 29, 2018 7:25 AM
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
Sep 26, 2018 2:21 PM
Aug 2010
It's interesting how many people dislike SG0. But if you think about it, it's technically meant to stay in the low ratings because it is a BAD ending in the first place. I feel like SG0 is meant to be a shadow of the OG Steins;Gate. Even though it is bad and it went by too fast, you can't forget that the producers had only 23 eps to complete the story so then of course they had to get bits and pieces of it from the VN. I like SG0, but of course I am looking at the surface level of it since I have not played the VN .... yet. I love the idea of time travel; thus, Steins;Gate Zero is amazing because it demonstrates a bad choice potentially leads to WWIII. Overall, the series is too fast paced and there were a bit of flops, but the general idea how it became Operation Skuld came about haha.
Sep 26, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
Can someone explain the ending to me? I get the stuff about the S;G timeline but what is Okabe gonna do with Mayuri and Suzuha now? if they go back to 2025 that would create a time paradox I think because adult Suzuha would meet young Suzuha and he will die anyway in 2025

So... what's the catch?
Sep 26, 2018 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
AnimeXDLife said:
It's interesting how many people dislike SG0. But if you think about it, it's technically meant to stay in the low ratings because it is a BAD ending in the first place. I feel like SG0 is meant to be a shadow of the OG Steins;Gate. Even though it is bad and it went by too fast, you can't forget that the producers had only 23 eps to complete the story so then of course they had to get bits and pieces of it from the VN. I like SG0, but of course I am looking at the surface level of it since I have not played the VN .... yet. I love the idea of time travel; thus, Steins;Gate Zero is amazing because it demonstrates a bad choice potentially leads to WWIII. Overall, the series is too fast paced and there were a bit of flops, but the general idea how it became Operation Skuld came about haha.

For me SG Was always a psychological series , art of suffer with some of good old time travel done perfectly
and SG0 expand on that , and i couldn't be more happy

its a journey of okabe to overcome his lose , we watch okabe suffering every single episode till he wake up finally

as someone who suffered and still suffering from depression i could relate to okabe so much
Sep 26, 2018 2:32 PM

Aug 2015
Didn't live up to the hype but it was okay. Maybe a slight disappointed but at least had some really cool scenes, like the time Okabe becomes Hououin again or today's final scene. 7/10
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Sep 26, 2018 2:33 PM

Mar 2017
Klad said:
^The average person who has S;G0 scored as a 10.

Can't wait for the subbed version to come out, finally this piece of shit ends

Nah you're just a annoying elitist. This was not even remotely close to a piece of shit
Sep 26, 2018 2:33 PM
Aug 2010
MohamedxSalah said:
AnimeXDLife said:

For me SG Was always a psychological series , art of suffer with some of good old time travel done perfectly
and SG0 expand on that , and i couldn't be more happy

its a journey of okabe to overcome his lose , we watch okabe suffering every single episode till he wake up finally

as someone who suffered and still suffering from depression i could relate to okabe so much

Mhmm. Besides, this series demonstrates that there is always consequences; thus, I love the thriller behind this series.
Sep 26, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
01Sharjeel said:
Klad said:
^The average person who has S;G0 scored as a 10.

Can't wait for the subbed version to come out, finally this piece of shit ends

Nah you're just a annoying elitist. This was not even remotely close to a piece of shit
Thats what you think, idgaf and it doesn't affect my opinion
Sep 26, 2018 2:43 PM

Oct 2016
Oh yeah that was mindblowing. I want more. Hope there is more in an OVA. A movie might be milking it too much but I wouldn't complain.

I'm definitely watching this episode again.
Sep 26, 2018 2:45 PM
Aug 2017
That ending tho, really epic af! At the VN they didn't show more about operation Altair, but this oh my S;G is better than S;G 0 overall but for ending scenes S;G 0 is better than S;G
Sep 26, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
I used to watch everything back when I was young anime wise, but after I grew up I became very specific about what I watch and barely watch animes these days.

SG0 still hooked me up and I had to follow and see the story for myself every week. surely it had its flaws and I don't think it's anywhere as good as the original one but it still had SG theme to it and it had few epic moments and it tied some loops back in the original SG, it was enough for me to see those characters brought to life again and it still had many epic moments like the original SG

8\10 for me
Thx for the past 6 months SG0 <3

Now we just wait for the ova.
Devil_SlayerSep 26, 2018 2:53 PM
Sep 26, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2016
I loved the VN to this, and the funny thing is that this adaptation improved a lot of things that needed improvements.

10/10 this was amazing too say the least
Sep 26, 2018 2:59 PM
Jun 2016
MrMushin said:
A great finale to the story of despair leading to the new earned hope for the past...

Okabe nailed it, his knowledge became a real asset to letting Mayuri get in the time machine. It was executed perfectly. I didn't expect for Mayuri to have such an impact on 0's storyline and the goal of saving Kurisu, without her, Kurisu wouldn't be saved.
Okabe came to save them though, walking like a boss...

They also used Gate of Steiner and Hacking to the Gate... They know how to treat fans.

0 Wasn't perfect, definitely. I got a bit bored during the middle of the series, and I personally think they should've rushed the slice of life comedy episodes and make the thrilling plot developing episodes slower so they can have more impact. The last few episodes were amazing and gave the feeling of Steins Gate's thriller I adore so much but if only they would be slower, having a moment after moment is ruining the impact each moment has.
Other than that I wish the production was smoother, they were obviously having schedule problems when they delayed an episode and seeing things like that actually affect the animation always makes me sad, luckily these last few episodes looked mostly good.

Even with all its flaws, I still loved the series a lot.

WOW double vision there, your animated gif 99% synced up with my stream of it :> Only noticed a slight shift when it went to his face.
Sep 26, 2018 3:02 PM

Mar 2016
This was about an equal of a let down to the Star Wars prequels for me.
Laughed my ass off at that stupid ending.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Sep 26, 2018 3:02 PM
Aug 2018
Thank you Steins gate , thank you All labo's members , thank you Okabe Rintarou , it was a wonderful journey , good bye :'(
Sep 26, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2018
Even with its flaws (slow pacing in the middle episodes and absence of Kyouma character for most of the series - although that's for a reason), I liked this mid-quel so much. It isn't really necessary to the original series, but adds some valuable plot value to it. Makes me want to re-watch the original.

Deceive the Organization. Deceive yourself. Deceive the world.
Good luck, labomem nº001, Hououin Kyouma. El... Psy... Congroo.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Sep 26, 2018 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
wolfwing said:

WOW double vision there, your animated gif 99% synced up with my stream of it :> Only noticed a slight shift when it went to his face.

I actually changed the speed a little, made it a bit quicker... lol, hope you enjoyed your double vision.
Sep 26, 2018 3:16 PM
Dec 2017
When Hacking to the Gate played, I lost it. It was epic. Definitely a solid 10/10 for me.
Sep 26, 2018 3:25 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale.

Damn, the part where they played Hacking to the Gate got me super hyped!
The post credit scene was so epic, I was grinning like crazy.
They tied it into Steins;Gate fairly well I guess.

Overall, I guess it doesn't live up to the greatness of the original Steins;Gate but it's still a fantastic series nonetheless. Unlike Steins;Gate which kinda keeps building up towards it's major twist toward the middle, 0 was always trying to buildup to the finale we all knew was coming. I'd say they succeeded with that, these final few episodes were amazing and totally worth it. The show had it's ups and downs early but these last few episodes really brought it together. It's a shame this didn't have better production value.

9/10, El Psy Congroo!
Sep 26, 2018 3:28 PM

May 2015
So basically this season is one big filler. Nothing really new was added to the table, unless you are a fan of legal lolis or troubled girls in tight clothes.

They wasted so many episodes on.. what exactly? Just talking and repeating all that we already knew, d-mail here, time-leap there. Where is the building of a time-machine from scratch?

What I really hate about this episode is how everything was like convenient this, convenient that and just happened to be so. Meh.

Sep 26, 2018 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
Okabe gonna make up for 30 years as a virgin with a full-blown threesome with Mayuri and Suzuha. our boi deserve it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 26, 2018 3:41 PM
Oct 2016
Am I the only one who thinks this season is so overrated?

if you stand back and watch it with open eyes, without watching the first season - i guarantee you'd be saying "meh".

It was good, but it dragged on for so long that by the time i reached the ending ( which everyone knew how it turns out ) i didn't feel anything. the dialogue was unnecessarily slow and repetitive throughout the anime.

If this was 12 episodes,i would've given it a 9/10. 24, 7/10.
Sep 26, 2018 3:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man... idk. It wasnt ''bad''... it was just ok at the end of the day. Dont really know what to think really. At the beginning i was on board but it got slowly more and more disappointing to the point that im not sure if i really cared at the end. The last few episodes with the appearances of HOUOUIN KYOUMA definitly felt good tho.

I think i'll go with a 6/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 26, 2018 3:53 PM

May 2015
And SG:0 is over. It wasn't bad at all, but I still like "first one" more. I got the feeling that if we scrapped like 5 or 6 episodes we would get better anime overall.

Still, for me it is solid 7/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 26, 2018 3:54 PM

Nov 2013
That scene where he shows up at the end is pretty damn epic !!!

Sep 26, 2018 3:56 PM
Dec 2013
It was a decent series for me, definitely worth it, but nowhere near as good as the first series.

When hacking to the gate started i was hyper, really nice!

I still don't get some things though, isnt the world line supposed to change? Do the alternative ones always exist and continue? I thought that when it changes it changes for everyone and just okarin keeps the memories. But i guess would be weird if he just lost all the last years of his life or something, maybe thats why he left? I am confused xD

owidx_123 said:

if you stand back and watch it with open eyes, without watching the first season - i guarantee you'd be saying "meh".

It was good, but it dragged on for so long that by the time i reached the ending ( which everyone knew how it turns out ) i didn't feel anything. the dialogue was unnecessarily slow and repetitive throughout the anime.

Why would you watch this without watching the first season? :P

Sep 26, 2018 4:05 PM
Oct 2016
Darkroronoa said:
It was a decent series for me, definitely worth it, but nowhere near as good as the first series.

When hacking to the gate started i was hyper, really nice!

I still don't get some things though, isnt the world line supposed to change? Do the alternative ones always exist and continue? I thought that when it changes it changes for everyone and just okarin keeps the memories. But i guess would be weird if he just lost all the last years of his life or something, maybe thats why he left? I am confused xD

owidx_123 said:

Why would you watch this without watching the first season? :P

what i meant was - the only reason that this anime is getting such high ratings is because of steins gate. Not steins gate 0.
Sep 26, 2018 4:09 PM

Nov 2016
I'm so glad that this series picked up again in it's final stage, definitely a worthy final episode, even tho it could have been even better with 1-2 episodes more, nonetheless, still great.

So 7/10 instead of 6/10 from me.

But I'm sad that the ride is already over, tho. You just know that is has been good, when you're going to miss watching it ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2018 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
i have another question then, when the 2036 suzuha that knows about how okarin should fail returns to the past, does she take kagari with her again?
I mean in that timeline there should be 2 kagaris, one that stayed with them after the 2 girls left and one that is the young child but that young child doesn't meet mayushi tho.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 26, 2018 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
For anyone confused. This was taken from a discussion board. Not mine but if it helps.... here you go

2036 okabe = 2011 okabe
2011 okabe inspires mayuri to go slap him in 2010.
2011 okabe realises that something went wrong even though the mission is probably a success.
(It was a fail because only 2/3 components were there; suzuha's knowledge about operation sculd and mayuri slapping Okabe. The video mail was not present there.)

-decides to make a time machine, finding a way to save mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000bc due to insufficient fuel, while trying to reach steins gate.
-Finishes making time machine with daru in 2025. Records a v-mail saves mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000BC. (This is where all the requirements for steins;gate is acquired)
-Suzuha who is aware of operation sculd leaves using time machine in 2036.
-2010 mayuri slaps 2010 Okabe. Then suzuha tells 2010 Okabe to view the D-video.
Operation success;Steins gate reached.

I'll explain EVERYTHING from the beginning here:
2010: Okabe fails to save kurisu. Mayuri doesn't slap Okabe here because she hasn't heard anything from 2011 Mayuri.
2025: Okabe's brain dies after being tortured
2036: Okabe's memory is replaced with 2011 version of Okabe
2036: 2011 Okabe decides to time leap back to 2011
2011: Okabe does some bs and changes the worldline; In the new worldline, the time machine does not explode due to the missile. Mayuri and suzuha time-travels to 2010. Mayuri manages to convince 2010 mayuri to slap Okabe.
2010: Mayuri slaps Okabe, and suzuha possibly told 2010 okabe about operation sculd, but wasn't able to reach steins;gate BECAUSE The Video mail was not present therefore, Okabe didn't know how to fake the death of kurisu.
2011: 2011 Okabe decides to find a way to reach steins;gate while making timemachine with daru.
2025: Okabe, Instead of getting tortured to death, Decides to save Mayuri and suzuha (who are in 18000BC )after recording the Video mail for 2010 Okabe.
2036:Suzuha, the original 8year suzuha grown up, learns about operation sculd, goes to 2010.
2010: Mayuri from 2011 asks Mayuri from 2010 to slap 2010 okabe. Then suzuha talks about Operation sculd to 2010 Okabe. THEN the important part kicks in; the video mail from 2010 is present this time. Therefore all 3/3 components are acquired and allows 2010 Okabe to reach steins;gate.

TLDR: Loops happened twice, but with a slight difference in each to reach steins;gate.
The first loop allowed the revival of 2011 Okabe at 2036 ultimately resulting in mayuri slapping 2010 Okabe. (Still not enough to reach steins;gate)
Second loop results in 2011/2036 Okabe making a time-machine while preparing a video mail for 2010 Okabe. (enough to reach steins;gate)

Be grateful.
Ps: 1:Okabe gave up completely
2.:Tries after mayuri slaps him. But fails anyways.
3:succeeds after watching that video.
Sep 26, 2018 4:57 PM

Apr 2016
Hacking To The Gate, so much nostalgia and feels!!!
it was cool to see the scene from Okabe's famous video sent from the future in the og Steins;Gate
this was definitely one of my favorites of 2018, and a great addition to my favorite sci-fi anime of all time~
Sep 26, 2018 4:58 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, that was one heck of an episode. Although this anime had its ups and downs I still think this was a good anime. Good to see Kagari vs Suzuha again for a bit. I would say this was the Anime of the Year but there still 3 more months to see but ill give it a 10/10
Sep 26, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
WOW, what a great final episode. As i predicted, this Okabe is a stepping stone for the one we see in the OG steins;gate. When Mayurii slapped Okabe and the opening started playing, man i was in tears. Same for when Okabe saves Suzuha and Mayurii.

Can't wait to start playing the VNs

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 26, 2018 5:07 PM
Mar 2017
Silverstorm92 said:
bukuna said:
Not a masterpiece compared to the original but was enjoyable had its strong and weak moments as well...as much as I love Steins;Gate the final episode of 0 was a bit underwhelming for me...also would it not cause a time paradox if teen Suzuha went back to the 2026 timeline?.A solid 7.5/10 for me

Lmao he will be overwritten by Okabe 2010. Did you even watch first season?
When did Suzuha become a male though🤔
Sep 26, 2018 5:16 PM

Dec 2010
I can't be the only one who cried (literally) when Hacking to the Gate played.

Of happy tears...
Sep 26, 2018 5:17 PM

Apr 2018
Beautiful ending <3
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.