Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion


May 23, 5:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
Silverstorm92 said:
Steins;Gate 0 will be overwritten by Ep 23-24 Steins;Gate so do not care so much about 18000 BC Suzuha and Mayuri in this episode :)


18,000 BC Mayuri is the reason there was that dream sequence in the original series. Filling your brain with hundreds of episodes of serialized garbage makes you forget important scenes I guess.
 
May 23, 2:35 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
DankestKhan said:

18,000 BC Mayuri is the reason there was that dream sequence in the original series. Filling your brain with hundreds of episodes of serialized garbage makes you forget important scenes I guess.


Nope, you are wrong.

In the dream scene of the original, they are 70 million years in the past, and Mayuri says that she came to find Okabe.

In the last scene of Zero, they are in BC 18000, and Okabe came to save Mayuri.

So are the 2 scenes are connected? Not at all. Even the dates doesn't match.

Also, the authors revealed in a Q&A show, that the dream scene of the original is a faint memory from an Alpha worldline, where Okabe was captured by SERN, and SERN did some time travel experiments with him. And Okabe was sent back to 70 million years into the past. And Mayuri came to save him.

In 0, we are not 70 million years in the past, and everything is reversed: Okabe came to save Mayuri.

So no, the 2 scenes are not related at all.
 
May 25, 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6386
Now that was much more than what I anticipated.

I was expecting to see story of WWIII and how Okabe arrive to find the answer to reaching Steins;Gate, and with this, I get a lot more.

3000 times leaps, and cooperation between more than several characters among different divergences at the same time.


The very last cherry on top, we even have operation Altair, where Kyouma even managed to find Suzuha and Mayuri who are stuck in a time-unknown. Just how much trouble he went through just to be able to pin point over 18000BC.


8/10.

Not quite Steins;Gate, it offered less of what I wanted from this season, but it brings me other joys along the way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 14, 9:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 50
Wait, where do I see Okabe go back and save kurisu?
 
Jun 15, 3:02 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
Naewanz said:
Wait, where do I see Okabe go back and save kurisu?


You already saw it in the original Steins;Gate. Did you realized that Zero's story was about the Okabe who sent the video message back?

The "chronological" order is:
- Steins;Gate 1-22
- Steins;Gate 23ß
- Steins;Gate 0 1-23
- Steins;Gate 23-24

The complete chronology of the events: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/bguvqn/doubt_about_sg_original_series/elnwmqf/

And some corrections for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/buctfx/if_what_i_read_is_true_then_the_steins_gate_anime/epbzb4r/
 
Jun 15, 5:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 50
SheevPalpatine said:
Naewanz said:
Wait, where do I see Okabe go back and save kurisu?


You already saw it in the original Steins;Gate. Did you realized that Zero's story was about the Okabe who sent the video message back?

The "chronological" order is:
- Steins;Gate 1-22
- Steins;Gate 23ß
- Steins;Gate 0 1-23
- Steins;Gate 23-24

The complete chronology of the events: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/bguvqn/doubt_about_sg_original_series/elnwmqf/

And some corrections for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/buctfx/if_what_i_read_is_true_then_the_steins_gate_anime/epbzb4r/


Oh ok. I watched all of steins gate, then movie. Then watched 23b, steins gate 0.
 
Jul 6, 3:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 646
So Mayuri's Hikoboshi was Okabe.

Lol, if the the time machine being destroyed isn't necesarily a convergent point then Okabe deceiving them that the time machine is destroyed isn't necessary, I guess. Of course, I know that this is a step to reach the SGWL, but still...

In the end the show never explained:
- The origin of Phone Microwave
- Kagari's similar appearance to Kurisu
- Leskinen business with the hospital where Fubuki keep being checked.

That scene where Mayuri and Suzu on the time machine might be the only emotional scene for me so far for this season.

I thought at first that why just don't the good ending adapted here, since that way we could connect the dots easily. But now I'm grateful, cause if that's adapted here I doubt it will be an emotional scene.
 
Jul 6, 4:24 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
Kish0 said:
So Mayuri's Hikoboshi was Okabe.

Lol, if the the time machine being destroyed isn't necesarily a convergent point then Okabe deceiving them that the time machine is destroyed isn't necessary, I guess. Of course, I know that this is a step to reach the SGWL, but still...

In the end the show never explained:
- The origin of Phone Microwave
- Kagari's similar appearance to Kurisu
- Leskinen business with the hospital where Fubuki keep being checked.

That scene where Mayuri and Suzu on the time machine might be the only emotional scene for me so far for this season.

I thought at first that why just don't the good ending adapted here, since that way we could connect the dots easily. But now I'm grateful, cause if that's adapted here I doubt it will be an emotional scene.


The origin of the Phonewave was explained in the original show.

Kagari is similar to Kurisu, it is just a coincidence (in-universe). However, in the VN, there is an arc, where



Leskinen and Fubuki: That's a thing which was only explained in the VN.

And this was the good ending. Though I have to tell you that Steins;Gate 0 anime wasn't an adaptation. It actually adds a new route to the 0 VN.

The Steins;Gate 0 anime is not the adaptation of the VN. It is more like an expansion. It adds a new route to the VN, by mixing the elements of the VN's different routes.

The anime shows us the true ending route. In the VN, there is no true ending route, just a true ending chapter, which unlocks only if you completed certain routes in the VN. But the true ending chapter isn't connected directly any of the VN's routes. It is connected to the anime route.

Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. Every single route is an iteration. In terms of worldline iteration chronology, the anime takes place between one of the VN's routes and the true ending chapter.

SO, in order to fully understand everything, you have play through the 0 VN.
 
Jul 6, 7:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 646
SheevPalpatine said:
Kish0 said:
So Mayuri's Hikoboshi was Okabe.

Lol, if the the time machine being destroyed isn't necesarily a convergent point then Okabe deceiving them that the time machine is destroyed isn't necessary, I guess. Of course, I know that this is a step to reach the SGWL, but still...

In the end the show never explained:
- The origin of Phone Microwave
- Kagari's similar appearance to Kurisu
- Leskinen business with the hospital where Fubuki keep being checked.

That scene where Mayuri and Suzu on the time machine might be the only emotional scene for me so far for this season.

I thought at first that why just don't the good ending adapted here, since that way we could connect the dots easily. But now I'm grateful, cause if that's adapted here I doubt it will be an emotional scene.


The origin of the Phonewave was explained in the original show.

Kagari is similar to Kurisu, it is just a coincidence (in-universe). However, in the VN, there is an arc, where



Leskinen and Fubuki: That's a thing which was only explained in the VN.

And this was the good ending. Though I have to tell you that Steins;Gate 0 anime wasn't an adaptation. It actually adds a new route to the 0 VN.

The Steins;Gate 0 anime is not the adaptation of the VN. It is more like an expansion. It adds a new route to the VN, by mixing the elements of the VN's different routes.

The anime shows us the true ending route. In the VN, there is no true ending route, just a true ending chapter, which unlocks only if you completed certain routes in the VN. But the true ending chapter isn't connected directly any of the VN's routes. It is connected to the anime route.

Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. Every single route is an iteration. In terms of worldline iteration chronology, the anime takes place between one of the VN's routes and the true ending chapter.

SO, in order to fully understand everything, you have play through the 0 VN.


What I meant about the Phone Microwave being not explained is about its part or structure actually, like what makes it different than other regular microwave, and where did they find or buy them, as to how it worked I already know it.

Isn't the good ending on the original SG ? What I meant to say that thankfully the good ending is adapted in the orignal series cause this season had different director which somehow messed up some scene, IMO.

Hmmm..... so some of the plot holes were pretty much there to encourage us to play the VN. Well can't blame them. Someday maybe I'll try to play it.
 
Jul 6, 10:42 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
Kish0 said:

What I meant about the Phone Microwave being not explained is about its part or structure actually, like what makes it different than other regular microwave, and where did they find or buy them, as to how it worked I already know it.

Isn't the good ending on the original SG ? What I meant to say that thankfully the good ending is adapted in the orignal series cause this season had different director which somehow messed up some scene, IMO.

Hmmm..... so some of the plot holes were pretty much there to encourage us to play the VN. Well can't blame them. Someday maybe I'll try to play it.


It was explained that it was normal microwave, and it was modified by Daru and Okabe somehow. And it was explained that how the microwave creates the Kerr black hole.

Yes, the good ending is in the original series. But the events of Steins;Gate 0 made the good ending of the original series possible. So the whole Steins;Gate 0 is the part of the good ending.
 
Jul 7, 3:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 646
SheevPalpatine said:
Kish0 said:

What I meant about the Phone Microwave being not explained is about its part or structure actually, like what makes it different than other regular microwave, and where did they find or buy them, as to how it worked I already know it.

Isn't the good ending on the original SG ? What I meant to say that thankfully the good ending is adapted in the orignal series cause this season had different director which somehow messed up some scene, IMO.

Hmmm..... so some of the plot holes were pretty much there to encourage us to play the VN. Well can't blame them. Someday maybe I'll try to play it.


It was explained that it was normal microwave, and it was modified by Daru and Okabe somehow. And it was explained that how the microwave creates the Kerr black hole.

Yes, the good ending is in the original series. But the events of Steins;Gate 0 made the good ending of the original series possible. So the whole Steins;Gate 0 is the part of the good ending.


Oh I see, thx for the explanation.
 
Jul 7, 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 325
I finished binge watching this today. The last episode is the best, a perfect compliment and justice to the OG Steins;Gate. The goosebumps I felt haven't gone from me yet. 10/10
 
Jul 19, 1:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 75
What was the point of this, what a waste of time.
 
Jul 21, 12:52 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
BiggKab said:
What was the point of this, what a waste of time.


It explained the video message. Without these events, the ending of the original would be impossible.
 
Jul 31, 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 126
it was a great anime but also different from my expectaions. i thought the last episode shows Okabe will save Makise and we'll see a full happy ending, but instead the ending was kinda bittersweet for me
 
Aug 4, 5:14 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
saeed1m said:
it was a great anime but also different from my expectaions. i thought the last episode shows Okabe will save Makise and we'll see a full happy ending, but instead the ending was kinda bittersweet for me


You already saw how Makise was saved in the original, why should they show it again?

Steins;Gate 0 takes place between 23beta episode and the 23rd episode of the original anime.
 
Aug 13, 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4128
This was never going to surpass the original but it was still a great show to watch!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Top
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]