Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2018 8:21 AM
Nov 2016
GenesisAria said:
@xZabuzax
So basically Maho is a fool that instead of making a time machine just made another memory downloader... eksdee.

But that still doesn't explain why he woke in 2036, which was the original problem i had with it. And anyways, it's just one example of arbitrary contrivances that plaque stories like this that use mystical universe mechanics to justify plot (of which i have little doubt there are many more in both S;G and S;G0).

Sheev was trying to tell me there's no flaws, i called bullshit.

The episode explained why Okabe woke in 2036 but you aren't satisfied with the answer. Good, me neither, you are the one that is supposed to connect the dots with what the episode explained so far.

I provided the idea of what really happened and that's what the anime wants you to believe, I still don't consider that a plot hole but like I said, it had plenty of other bullshit that I disliked.
Nov 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Dec 2009
xZabuzax said:
GenesisAria said:
@xZabuzax
The jelly man stuff was long before any of Okabe's time travel stuff had any relevance or impact.
In the Alpha attractor field (below 1%) SERN was indeed researching time machines before Okabe, Daru and Kurisu started their thing in 2010, however, SERN was never successful with it and their time machine was incomplete. The reason they were successful is because they captured Kurisu, Daru and Okabe and made them work in perfecting the time machine and after their time machine was perfected they were able to create the dystopia and rule the world, this is the reason why Suzuha came to the past in the first place.
Their time machine worked perfectly same as the the Phone Microwave, they just didn't figure out that there's a data limit, which they could easily have figured out given time. But like i said, in the over 1%, what was there to prevent SERN from doing jellyman stuff? None. They even hacked into SERN again to use their shit to make the time leap machine work.

xZabuzax said:
GenesisAria said:
@xZabuzax
So basically Maho is a fool that instead of making a time machine just made another memory downloader... eksdee.

But that still doesn't explain why he woke in 2036, which was the original problem i had with it. And anyways, it's just one example of arbitrary contrivances that plaque stories like this that use mystical universe mechanics to justify plot (of which i have little doubt there are many more in both S;G and S;G0).

Sheev was trying to tell me there's no flaws, i called bullshit.
The episode explained why Okabe woke in 2036 but you aren't satisfied with the answer. Good, me neither, you are the one that is supposed to connect the dots with what the episode explained so far.

I provided the idea of what really happened and that's what the anime wants you to believe, I still don't consider that a plot hole but like I said, it had plenty of other bullshit that I disliked.
It didn't explain why 2036. By it's explanation it should have happened when they initially tried to revive veggie Okabe with the data (unless you're gonna tell me he stays in a coma with the replaced brain data for years until randomly woke up). But again, it was all ultra vague, making it way too easy for you to shoehorn fan theories into holes.
GenesisAriaNov 8, 2018 8:26 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 8, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2016
GenesisAria said:
Then why is he in 2036? He woke because of the time leap overwriting his mind and waking him up. He didn't leap to 2025 as a recoil of the failure.
I watched through the whole episode, and that isn't a valid explanation for how it can go to the future at all, and the facts don't line up, and as usual, a highly convenient turn of events came about due to a "we don't know" excuse.

Then, the order of the events, because looks like you still don't understand it:
- Okabe tries to time leap on July 9th 2011, but it fails for some reason. In that moment, when he used the time leap machine, his memory data was digitized and saved on the lab's PC. But they couldn't sent back the memory data to July 7th.
- They managed to repair the time leap machine, but only after July 9th, so they couldn't go back to 7th (because of the 2 day time limit)
- Time flows until 2025, when Stratfor captures Okabe, and he became brain dead.
- The other lab mems saves him.
- After that, in 2025, Maho upgrade the time leap machine, now they can go 2 weeks back to the past.
- Daru keeps Okabe's body alive.
- In 2036, Daru finds the old lab PC, with Okabe's memory data from 2011.
- He rewrites Okabe's brain with these memories, by the time leap machine (only exception is that he doesn't send the memory data to the past, he just "implants it" into Okabe in the present - 2036

That's the reason why Okabe's last memory is that he uses the time leap machine in July 7th 2011, when he wakes up.

GenesisAria said:

The jelly man stuff was long before any of Okabe's time travel stuff had any relevance or impact.

Ok, then I say it again: All of that happened in ALPHA ATTRACTOR FIELD. Alpha and Beta doesn't have the exactly same past. Just remember to John Titor. John Titor appeared in 2000 in Beta. In Alpha, John Titor never appaered in 2000, John Titor appeared in 2010.

GenesisAria said:

The major flaw with the steins;gate universe is a conventional war being fought when time machine wars would be fought all across time, it'd be like trying to chase time lords.

Actually, only Valkyrie was capable building a working time machine in Beta. The others was never able to do that. The time machine war doesn't mean that they fought across time via time machines. They fought for the time machine, or for the time machine theories.
-
Nov 8, 2018 8:34 AM

May 2016
GenesisAria said:
@xZabuzax

Sorry, but what are you talking about? The time machine was also there in the background in episode 20-21.
Maho and Daru created it.
-
Nov 8, 2018 8:39 AM
Nov 2016
GenesisAria said:
Their time machine worked perfectly same as the the Phone Microwave, they just didn't figure out that there's a data limit, which they could easily have figured out given time. But like i said, in the over 1%, what was there to prevent SERN from doing jellyman stuff? None. They even hacked into SERN again to use their shit to make the time leap machine work.

In the Beta attractor field (Above 1%) SERN was probably still researching time machines, who knows, but the difference here is that WW3 happened and because of this SERN wasn't able to keep researching time machines. They were probably too busy in trying to survive instead.

GenesisAria said:
It didn't explain why 2036. By it's explanation it should have happened when they initially tried to revive veggie Okabe with the data (unless you're gonna tell me he stays in a coma with the replaced brain data for years until randomly woke up). But again, it was all ultra vague, making it way too easy for you to shoehorn fan theories into holes.

Yep, you aren't satisfied with the answer the anime provided but that's exactly what they want you to believe. All too convenient but what can we do about it? I also believe that the 2011 brain Data Okabe was still in the body of future Okabe for years before waking up.
Nov 8, 2018 9:07 AM

Dec 2009
SheevPalpatine said:
GenesisAria said:

The major flaw with the steins;gate universe is a conventional war being fought when time machine wars would be fought all across time, it'd be like trying to chase time lords.
Actually, only Valkyrie was capable building a working time machine in Beta. The others was never able to do that. The time machine war doesn't mean that they fought across time via time machines. They fought for the time machine, or for the time machine theories.
No, they could have played war with cellphone texts or leaps or even just planting objects in the past at the right places to fuck with things.

SheevPalpatine said:
GenesisAria said:
@xZabuzax
Sorry, but what are you talking about? The time machine was also there in the background in episode 20-21.
Maho and Daru created it.
We literally just explained that... Okabe's memories dl'd into the computer and the time leap didn't work... meaning when Maho was trying to remake the time machine, due to her expertise, accidentally made a memory downloader instead of a time leaper.

@xZabuzax
Glad we have an understanding at least.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 8, 2018 9:35 AM

May 2016
GenesisAria said:
No, they could have played war with cellphone texts or leaps or even just planting objects in the past at the right places to fuck with things.

But as I said, only Valkyrie was able to achieve true successes in time travel research.

GenesisAria said:

meaning when Maho was trying to remake the time machine, due to her expertise, accidentally made a memory downloader instead of a time leaper.

Ahh, in 2011...
Well then, this isn't true either. Time leap machine is based on two things:
- the PhoneWave
- the memory downloader (which was invented by Kurisu, this was also used to create Amadeus, and this was also used for the time leap machine in the original too)
So first, you have to create the memory downloader. She did that. Then, she missed something when she created the second part, which is necessary for time leaping.
So wouldn't say, that she created a memory downloader INSTEAD OF the time leap machine, because the memory downloader IS NEEDED for the time leap machine.
-
Nov 22, 2018 12:19 AM
Jul 2016
What i didn't get was what was the need to send mayuri and suzuha into the past to talk to past mayuri if he could have directly send a dmail to his past himself at that moment to tell himself the plan to save kurisu
Nov 22, 2018 3:35 AM

May 2016
Alkeryn said:
What i didn't get was what was the need to send mayuri and suzuha into the past to talk to past mayuri if he could have directly send a dmail to his past himself at that moment to tell himself the plan to save kurisu

Because in that moment, he didn't know how to save Kurisu
-
Nov 24, 2018 8:33 PM
Jan 2016
Wow... I never thought anything Steins;Gate would actually have me wanting to turn the computer off, stop wasting time and do something more productive with my time.

But this Steins;Gate did, I've never played any of the V/N and probably never will so I don't know how well either Steins;Gates was adapted but this was a huge disappointment for me. I was left speechless at just how bored I was with this, and no I'm not complaining about the lack of the mad scientist shtick or time travel but just how awfully boring this was and mind you I'm one of those guys that enjoyed the hell out of all of the first Steins;Gate not just the second half but all of it.

But this...like I said before I'm speechless at just how bad it is.
Copper_guyNov 24, 2018 9:19 PM
Dec 3, 2018 1:13 AM

Apr 2015
Not only the ending was crappy but also the show as a whole. It deviated from the type of Steins;gate that we all know and love. Fanservice, plot armored suit girls with huge butt beating a bunch of trained soldiers alone, and plot holes...
Dec 3, 2018 5:57 AM

May 2016
Psychedelios said:
plot holes...

Say one. I'm curious because I didn't find any plothole
-
Dec 7, 2018 6:31 AM
Feb 2015
herrickluk said:
For anyone confused. This was taken from a discussion board. Not mine but if it helps.... here you go

2036 okabe = 2011 okabe
2011 okabe inspires mayuri to go slap him in 2010.
2011 okabe realises that something went wrong even though the mission is probably a success.
(It was a fail because only 2/3 components were there; suzuha's knowledge about operation sculd and mayuri slapping Okabe. The video mail was not present there.)

-decides to make a time machine, finding a way to save mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000bc due to insufficient fuel, while trying to reach steins gate.
-Finishes making time machine with daru in 2025. Records a v-mail saves mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000BC. (This is where all the requirements for steins;gate is acquired)
-Suzuha who is aware of operation sculd leaves using time machine in 2036.
-2010 mayuri slaps 2010 Okabe. Then suzuha tells 2010 Okabe to view the D-video.
Operation success;Steins gate reached.

I'll explain EVERYTHING from the beginning here:
2010: Okabe fails to save kurisu. Mayuri doesn't slap Okabe here because she hasn't heard anything from 2011 Mayuri.
2025: Okabe's brain dies after being tortured
2036: Okabe's memory is replaced with 2011 version of Okabe
2036: 2011 Okabe decides to time leap back to 2011
2011: Okabe does some bs and changes the worldline; In the new worldline, the time machine does not explode due to the missile. Mayuri and suzuha time-travels to 2010. Mayuri manages to convince 2010 mayuri to slap Okabe.
2010: Mayuri slaps Okabe, and suzuha possibly told 2010 okabe about operation sculd, but wasn't able to reach steins;gate BECAUSE The Video mail was not present therefore, Okabe didn't know how to fake the death of kurisu.
2011: 2011 Okabe decides to find a way to reach steins;gate while making timemachine with daru.
2025: Okabe, Instead of getting tortured to death, Decides to save Mayuri and suzuha (who are in 18000BC )after recording the Video mail for 2010 Okabe.
2036:Suzuha, the original 8year suzuha grown up, learns about operation sculd, goes to 2010.
2010: Mayuri from 2011 asks Mayuri from 2010 to slap 2010 okabe. Then suzuha talks about Operation sculd to 2010 Okabe. THEN the important part kicks in; the video mail from 2010 is present this time. Therefore all 3/3 components are acquired and allows 2010 Okabe to reach steins;gate.

TLDR: Loops happened twice, but with a slight difference in each to reach steins;gate.
The first loop allowed the revival of 2011 Okabe at 2036 ultimately resulting in mayuri slapping 2010 Okabe. (Still not enough to reach steins;gate)
Second loop results in 2011/2036 Okabe making a time-machine while preparing a video mail for 2010 Okabe. (enough to reach steins;gate)

Be grateful.
Ps: 1:Okabe gave up completely
2.:Tries after mayuri slaps him. But fails anyways.
3:succeeds after watching that video.

Perfectly summarized
Dec 7, 2018 6:44 AM
Feb 2015
jaeger957 said:
look at me i give 4 to every mainstream anime oh god i'm so smart.

Did you enjoy something in your life? IS SHIT,YOU ARE DUMB

Sorry now i gotta go watch that zero budjet anime and give him a 10 so i look hipster and cool.

And then take my SSRI for depression because i'm not able to enjoy anything in my life.

Bye

By the way, worderful episode. 10/10
man i agree with you so much <3
Dec 7, 2018 9:49 AM

Feb 2011
Two things I wanted to bring up:

1. If I remember correctly, I was under the impression the story would somehow implement another character with Reading Steiner. I believe it was Nakase. I remember her going to the hospital for the same reason as Okabe. Seems like an unnecessary implementation. Why have her share the same symptoms as Okabe and not do anything with it later? It'd be interesting to have another Reading Steiner used against him. Of course, only after everything appears to be going his way.

2. Concerning the ending, don't they have to destroy the time machine they leave behind? This would mean they'd have to either stay there for a while to dismantle it, have a bomb on hand or activate a self-destruct feature, damage it till it's unrecognizable, or retrieve it in the future if it's still salvage able. I know they're the only ones who know it's location, but there's always a chance it could be found and studied.

There would be a 3, but I don't believe we'll ever see the events that lead to Kagari becoming a member, considering her brain washing makes her a imminent threat. I'm thinking along the lines of her brain washing somehow being prevented, so she'd be safe to have around. Don't know if reading would clear this up, but it's not like it's a plot hole or anything. Her brain washing could easily be prevented if the man behind it doesn't get any ideas to brainwash children to begin with.
ReloadDec 7, 2018 10:01 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Dec 17, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Well Suzuha and Mayuri in thousands year in the past will be overwritten anyways, but is good to see that Okabe indeed saved them, now will they go back? I didn't like this episode very much but must be because already I saw the same in the VN but overall this anime is good and complements the VN.
Dec 23, 2018 6:32 AM

Sep 2016
While the finale feels a bit rushed, it still a good episode nonetheless.
However, one thing I don't understand is how could Okabe go to the alpha line without using anything?
Dec 26, 2018 12:11 AM

Aug 2011
I'm a big fan of the original series, but I honestly can say SG0 does not have the same impact IMO. I feel Rintaro's anxiety was more about preferring to save Mayuri over Kurisu. He basically admitted it himself. He went back numerous times, over and over for Mayuri, but could not extend the same courtesy to the woman he 'supposedly' loved and he did it again in SG0. Makes you wonder where the heart really is.

Of course, the series was intriguing, which is the reason I kept watching, that and I was looking forward to seeing Kurisu return at the end, but... alas, that didn't happen. I loved the scenes with Suzuha and Daru and was pleased to see the return of the 'mad scientist - Hyouma. I truly missed that guy. Rating - 6/10 was the best I could offer.
Dec 26, 2018 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
I can't get enough of being satisfied by Okabe looking down and foiling Alexis' plan! Especially now that the time machine left just in time before colliding with the missile!

And so... Finally, Mayuri delivered the message to her past self and that lead to the SLAP that allows Okabe to try once more to rescue Kurisu, which leads up to them being shifted into Steins; Gate... The perfect worldline!!! (So from then on it's episode 23-24 of the original Steins; Gate)

PERFECT ABSOLUTELY PERFECT TIMING! The first OP of Steins; Gate is perfectly played when Mayuri slapped Okabe! Wonderful indeed!

OH, I get it now! Beta line Okabe sent the video of him commencing Operation Skuld to Okabe in 2010, while Daru sent the video of him commencing Operation Arclight to Suzuha in 2011! This all leads to them to enter the perfect worldline of Steins; Gate!

Okabe looked so badass when he walked out of his time machine to get to Suzuha and Mayuri in 18000BC!

Alright then! Steins; Gate 0 is by all mean not perfect or even be at the same level as the OG S; G! But goddamn it has been a painful yet beautiful journey. Seeing Okabe develops from a depressed coward to a redeemed mad scientist, HOUOUIN KYOUMA! S; G 0 is nothing but an extra tale that describes to what happened if Okabe chose to not attempt to rescue Kurisu anymore. However all the events in this 23 eps show are so great, new characters, new good shit. I don't really like the rushed last 4 episodes that are used to wrap the show up, but they delivered a clear story nevertheless...

The series of Steins; Gate is undeniably one of the best and greatest series ever! The addition of S; G 0 to expand the story further is much appreciated!

See you in the perfect Steins; Gate worldline where nobody dies, no WW3 start and where Okabe X Kurisu exists...
El Psy Congroo
Dec 27, 2018 3:05 AM

May 2016
@ShadowZ_AnimeZ

Precisely:
- the SLAP gave Okabe the WILL to try it again
- the VIDEO gave Okabe the SOLUTION
- the SUZUHA, who KNOWS about OPERATION SKULD, made Okabe to REMEMBER

Even if only one of them missing, Steins Gate won't open.

In 23beta episode's worldline, none of them happened:
- Mayuri didn't slap
- Okabe didn't get the video on 28th July, because in this worldline it hasn't existed yet - because 0 Okabe is the one who will send it.
- the Suzuha, who was there in 23beta (and in the whole 0 series) didn't know about Operation Skuld obviously, she came from a worldline where the message wasn't sent.

So the slap, and sending the video is not enough to reach Steins Gate (and also, what you wrote in 23beta's topic is false: the slap and the video does not related. The video didn't come because of the slap. It came because it was sent from this worldline)
After they send the video in 2025,the worldline won't shift yet to Steins Gate. Why? Because at this worldline, in the past, in 2010, there is a Suzuha who doesn't know about Operation Skuld so she can't make Okabe remember.
So after they send the message in 2025, they have to wait until 2036, when the Suzuha who knows Operation Skuld, travels back to 2010 and help Okabe.
So actually, the Suzuha who was in the episodes 23-24 of the original series is actually the little, child Suzuha at the end of Steins;Gate 0 episode 23 (when Okabe records the message). She grows up, and in 2036,she travels back. And this is the exact time, when the worldline shifts to Steins Gate!

Why Suzuha need to make Okabe remember?
If you watch again the very 1st episode of the original series, when Okabe gets the video message, it is static. Because it is encrypted. He can't watch it until he fails the first time to save Kurisu.
After the 1st episode forgets about it entirely. So Suzuha need to make Okabe remember to the message.

ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
Daru sent the video of him commencing Operation Arclight to Suzuha in 2011!

Yes, but you should know that this message, which Lukako talks about in the last episode it's not the same message which was gotten by Suzuha in episode 17.

ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
S; G 0 is nothing but an extra tale that describes to what happened if Okabe chose to not attempt to rescue Kurisu anymore.

No. It's not a what-if story. It's the story which originally happened with Okabe. Without these events, the happy ending of the original show would be impossible.
This Okabe wasn't able to save Kurisu. Even if he choose that he tries again, without the video and the solution, he can't save her. He will the one, who come up with the solution, and send it to his past self.

Also, he sacrifices himself for thevsake of his past self. He won't return from BC18000. If he is present at 2036, when the worldline changes to Steins Gate, Reading Steiner would kick in, and it would overwrite the happy memories of Steins Gates worldline's Okabe Rintaro. He couldn't remember to the events of Steins Gate worldline between 2010 and 2036,which would be sad...

So, 0 Okabe left behind in BC18000 in order to not overwrite the OG Okabe who reached Steins Gate.
Also, without 0 Okabe, OG Okabe would never reached Steins Gate.
That's why I call 0 Okabe the TRUE HERO of the world, not the OG Okabe.

Also, check this thread and everything will become clear ablut the ending:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/9j67w5/explanation_for_sg_0_ending/
-
Dec 27, 2018 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

No. It's not a what-if story. It's the story which originally happened with Okabe. Without these events, the happy ending of the original show would be impossible.
This Okabe wasn't able to save Kurisu. Even if he choose that he tries again, without the video and the solution, he can't save her. He will the one, who come up with the solution, and send it to his past self.

Also, he sacrifices himself for thevsake of his past self. He won't return from BC18000. If he is present at 2036, when the worldline changes to Steins Gate, Reading Steiner would kick in, and it would overwrite the happy memories of Steins Gates worldline's Okabe Rintaro. He couldn't remember to the events of Steins Gate worldline between 2010 and 2036,which would be sad...

So, 0 Okabe left behind in BC18000 in order to not overwrite the OG Okabe who reached Steins Gate.
Also, without 0 Okabe, OG Okabe would never reached Steins Gate.
That's why I call 0 Okabe the TRUE HERO of the world, not the OG Okabe.

Also, check this thread and everything will become clear ablut the ending:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/9j67w5/explanation_for_sg_0_ending/

Mind fucking blown! I now see why the 0 Okabe, the Okabe that 'failed' to reach Steins; Gate worldline is ultimately the one who made it possible to reach the Steins; Gate worldline in the first place. He is indeed the true hero!

Though... He purposely went back in time to 18000BC to stay there for good with Mayuri and Suzuha is not really convincing. What I would imagine is that he's there to pick up both of the girls back to their respective timeline. This is possible because the time machine that Okabe uses is a fully functional time machine that merely went back in time, without changing the worldlines. Unless my thought about his time machine is wrong.

Even if what you said about everything else is correct. I cannot imagine Okabe would go back in time to 18000BC just to accompany the 2 girls for all their life with, and thus rendering the time machine as no more than a decoration from then on.
Dec 27, 2018 11:29 AM

May 2016
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

Even if what you said about everything else is correct. I cannot imagine Okabe would go back in time to 18000BC just to accompany the 2 girls for all their life with, and thus rendering the time machine as no more than a decoration from then on.

Sorry, i wasn't really clear. So Okabe goes back to BC18000 for them. Gives them a battery, and the girls travel back to 2025 (as Okabe promised Kagari that she will bring Mommy Mayuri back). So the girls will travel back to 2025.

But Okabe will left behind in BC18000... And dies :( this is foreshadowed in the VN well. That the other lab mems know that Okabe won't return (also the farewell of Maho and Okabe was soo much emotional in the VN)
-
Dec 27, 2018 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

Sorry, i wasn't really clear. So Okabe goes back to BC18000 for them. Gives them a battery, and the girls travel back to 2025 (as Okabe promised Kagari that she will bring Mommy Mayuri back). So the girls will travel back to 2025.

But Okabe will left behind in BC18000... And dies :( this is foreshadowed in the VN well. That the other lab mems know that Okabe won't return (also the farewell of Maho and Okabe was soo much emotional in the VN)

This alone just made Okabe from S;G 0 an even greater hero than I thought he was. So all his sacrifice is to bring about the best future for everyone, and he chose to stay there in 18000BC to die. I can imagine him just laying down and thinking about Kurisu, Mayuri, other lab members and everything else with no regrets I hope.

I especially want to see his farewell with Maho.
Dec 27, 2018 12:47 PM

May 2016
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

I especially want to see his farewell with Maho.

You can see it in this walktrough video:

This is the full true ending chapter. If you want to see the farewell, then watch it from 15:00
-
Jan 14, 2019 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
What an anime! So they found another leading do Steins Gate.
I'm a bit confused why are they not in Steins Gate with Kurisu? Didn't the past Okabe opened the gate?
EDIT: I read the above comments. Mind-blowing really.
Jan 14, 2019 3:03 PM
Time Traveler

Jun 2016
Wow, perfect episode. The anime is overall a masterpiece.
Hey you!
Yes you!
Have a nice day!
And best wishes for your life's journey!

Jan 22, 2019 3:48 PM

Oct 2012
Having binged this in 2 days i can say this was great.

i wish this a 3rd season being in the steins gate line with lives of Okabe and Makise and company but i know that will never happen

The pace of the 1-7 eps of 0 compared to the original was def faster. diff.

I almost wanted to skip this because of no Makise but i gave in and i was glad i did. it was great.

I guess there will be no more steins gate adapations since theres no more content to produce unless its anime original and i doubt that will ever happen so i guess it just re-watch the animes and movie once a year and replaying the VNS for me

Steins gate is my alltime favorite series.
Jan 23, 2019 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
ss4chris said:

i wish this a 3rd season being in the steins gate line with lives of Okabe and Makise and company but i know that will never happen

I almost wanted to skip this because of no Makise but i gave in and i was glad i did. it was great.

My thoughts, precisely. Of course, S;G 0 is a great anime but Steins;Gate is my favourite.
Feb 5, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2016
To anyone still watching this thread..I have just one question about the ending
Who send the vedio message to okababe with the way to save kurso ?
Did okabe did this before this 30000 time leaps ?
Or was it the steiner gate world line okabe (and it only needed the depressed okabi after failing to save kurso to get hold of himself for abit longer to be sent eventually ) as a part of the alpha world line events?
Think it twice, Is it worth?

Feb 18, 2019 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
Stein's Gate 0 was okay but kind of depressing. And Okabe's suffering made it hard to watch. I guess they took this time to explore characters like Daru, Suzuha, Kagari, Amadeus and Hiyajo whom I didn't really care much about.

I have no knowledge of the VN so I don't know much but I am assuming Beta line helped Okabe save everyone in Alpha line or the original Stein's Gate anime after Mayuri's slap and future Okabe's message. God knows how many world lines are there are in the VN but I don't even want to find out.
Feb 19, 2019 3:43 AM

May 2016
Joe_Med said:
To anyone still watching this thread..I have just one question about the ending
Who send the vedio message to okababe with the way to save kurso ?
Did okabe did this before this 30000 time leaps ?
Or was it the steiner gate world line okabe (and it only needed the depressed okabi after failing to save kurso to get hold of himself for abit longer to be sent eventually ) as a part of the alpha world line events?

It was sent by Lukako, after Okabe traveled back to BC18000
-
Feb 24, 2019 6:20 AM

Oct 2013
So Stein's Gate 0 is basically fillers cuz eventually it'll be overwritten by the OG ending, or you can take it as a alternative ending, for me the original series has the best ending because Okabe and Kurisu ended up together.

Steins;Gate is the type of anime that doesn't need a sequel or alternative ending, so in my opinion Steins;Gate 0 wasn't necessary, why would they ruin a masterpiece by making a sequel or alternative ending but it's okay because stein;gate zero is basically alternative world line, now i'm worried since there'll be a new series for code geas the resurrection of Lelouch, like wtf why would they keep making a sequel, should've ended as it was, a masterpiece let's just hope it won't be a sequel, sorry kinda out of topic a bit

Overall score 7/10, a bit boring midways through the series but still good at its own way
Feb 24, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2016
ToshiroChan said:
So Stein's Gate 0 is basically fillers cuz eventually it'll be overwritten by the OG ending, or you can take it as a alternative ending, for me the original series has the best ending because Okabe and Kurisu ended up together.

Steins;Gate is the type of anime that doesn't need a sequel or alternative ending, so in my opinion Steins;Gate 0 wasn't necessary, why would they ruin a masterpiece by making a sequel or alternative ending but it's okay because stein;gate zero is basically alternative world line, now i'm worried since there'll be a new series for code geas the resurrection of Lelouch, like wtf why would they keep making a sequel, should've ended as it was, a masterpiece let's just hope it won't be a sequel, sorry kinda out of topic a bit

Overall score 7/10, a bit boring midways through the series but still good at its own way

You are completely wrong. Steins Gate 0 is not an alternative ending, and not a seque,and not an alternative worldline as well. It is a midquel. It takes place "between" the Episode 23beta (Missing Link Ova) and Episode 23 of the original series. This is the ORIGINAL story of Okabe Rintaro. He failed to saved Kurisu because he didn't know the solution how to find Steins Gate. He went through all of that shit in Steins;Gate 0. Then he created that video message at the end. The video message that give the solution to his past self. The video message which was at the end of the original. Without the evebts of Steins;Gate 0, the ending of the original series would be impossible. So won't say that it is not necessary.

And the ending of the original is still the ending of the whole story

The order:

Steins Gate 1-22
23beta
Steins Gate 0
Steins Gate 23-24
-
Mar 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
Finally they're able to make it so the time machine is able to go back, seems their plan was enough to make it happen!
Mayuri talking to Mayuri was sweet, shame it failed the first time and Okabe had to sit through another 14 years making the time machine and the video that ultimately made it so the original Okabe (from ultimately the Steins;Gate worldline) could reach Steins;Gate.

It was nice seeing the ending scene of Okabe saving Suzuha and Mayuri in 18000 BC.
Truly the mad scientist who's been through it all!

It was an amazing anime for me, Steins;Gate will forever be one of those shows that I wont ever forget.
I do have to say that it didn't have the same impact as Steins;Gate did, a lot of questions while watching the show aswell, always comes with the time-travel aspect of shows honestly.
It was a depressing ride but an enjoyable depressing ride nonetheless.

10/10
Steins;Gate is a pure gem for me.

El. Psy. Kongroo.
Mar 31, 2019 2:39 AM
Jun 2017
Looks like the timelines do co-exist after all. Wonder if an archaeologist will find that time machine? If one did, the world would be like our ancestors were aliens.
Mar 31, 2019 6:15 AM

Mar 2016
Radu_Bey0 said:
Looks like the timelines do co-exist after all.

No they don't, why did u make such assumption?
Mar 31, 2019 8:33 AM
Jun 2017
HoTTab1CH said:
Radu_Bey0 said:
Looks like the timelines do co-exist after all.

Coz Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 both happen. With Suzuha and Mayushi's travel 0 should've been overwritten making it so that they never traveled in the first place and Kurisu would have been there during the recording.
Mar 31, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
Oof, after about half a year after I kind of put this anime on hold, I've just finished watching it. Overall it was good. I still prefer the original series though.
As for the episode, I loved that moment when Mayuri slapped Okabe and "Hacking to the Gate" started playing. It felt like I was back to the original series :')
I'm still confused about some things that happened, so I gotta go and do a little reading, eh..
Apr 1, 2019 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
Radu_Bey0 said:
HoTTab1CH said:

Coz Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 both happen. With Suzuha and Mayushi's travel 0 should've been overwritten making it so that they never traveled in the first place and Kurisu would have been there during the recording.

0 Is happening before end of S;G, Video message was not sent, only recorded, Okabe left it to Luka with instructions when and Where to send it and time traveled into deep past and never returned to not overwrite him when SG WL will be reached.
Apr 1, 2019 12:15 PM

May 2016
Radu_Bey0 said:
Looks like the timelines do co-exist after all. Wonder if an archaeologist will find that time machine? If one did, the world would be like our ancestors were aliens.

I think you should read this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/9j67w5/explanation_for_sg_0_ending/
-
Apr 1, 2019 9:53 PM
Jun 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
Radu_Bey0 said:

I think you should read this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/9j67w5/explanation_for_sg_0_ending/

Thanks, but this only creates more questions.
Apr 1, 2019 9:56 PM
Jun 2017
HoTTab1CH said:
Radu_Bey0 said:

0 Is happening before end of S;G, Video message was not sent, only recorded, Okabe left it to Luka with instructions when and Where to send it and time traveled into deep past and never returned to not overwrite him when SG WL will be reached.
HoTTab1CH said:
Radu_Bey0 said:

And what does that mean?
Apr 1, 2019 11:21 PM

May 2016
Radu_Bey0 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Then, give me that questions, I can answer anything about Steins;Gate.

Radu_Bey0 said:

Mayuri's slap in itself is not enough to make Okabe not give up after the failed attempt.
The things are needed for Okabe to not give up (all of them)
- the slap (Mayuri's travel from 2011 to 2010l, Operation Arclight)
- the video (from 2025)
- the Suzuha who knows about Operation Skuld. Steins;Gate 0 Suzuha doesn't know it. (the child Suzuha at the end will travel from 2036 to 2010).

These 3 has to happen to open the Steins Gate. If 1 of them are missing, the Beta Worldline won't be rewritten.
-
Apr 1, 2019 11:48 PM
Jun 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
Radu_Bey0 said:

Radu_Bey0 said:

Mayuri's slap in itself is not enough to make Okabe not give up after the failed attempt.
- the video (from 2025)
- the Suzuha who knows about Operation Skuld. Steins;Gate 0 Suzuha doesn't know it. (the child Suzuha at the end will travel from 2036 to 2010).

These 3 has to happen to open the Steins Gate. If 1 of them are missing, the Beta Worldline won't be rewritten.

I get it now, so everything in S;G0 happens before they actually save Kurisu.
But then why did Okabe need to save Mayuri and Suzuha? Wouldn't them travelling to past be rewritten as well?
Apr 2, 2019 12:46 AM

May 2016
Radu_Bey0 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

- the video (from 2025)

But then why did Okabe need to save Mayuri and Suzuha? Wouldn't them travelling to past be rewritten as well?

Firstly, he promised to Kagari that he will bring back Mayuri. But that's not the only reason.

The Beta worldline will change to Steins Gate in 2036, when Suzuha travels back with the time machine. Which means, if Okabe is present in 2036, his Reading Steiner would activate. Which means that Beta Okabe's memories would overwrite Steins Gate's Okabe's memories in 2036. Which would cause him a 26-year-long amnesia. He could only remember to the events of the Beta worldline, but he would have no memories about Steins Gate worldline. Which would be sad.

So we could say, that Beta Okabe sacrificed himself for the sake of the other Okabe who actually reached Steins Gate.
-
Apr 6, 2019 4:45 AM

Mar 2016
Radu_Bey0 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

- the video (from 2025)

Sorry, not often visiting this site.

Other guy explained everything +- correct.
Yes S;G0 happens before Kurisu is saved.
And not to say that travelling into the past to save Suzuha and Mayuri was pointless, it was more sacrifice of S;G0 Okabe so he will not overwrite himself in SG WL when WL will e changed, he most likely died in the deep past(it is heavily implied in VN)
May 18, 2019 5:29 AM

Jun 2012
Not as good as the original, but it does connect the dots. I feel S;G 0 spent too little time on the big things (operations and time leaps), and instead would jump straight to the results. In that way it was less impactful.

But it was fulfilling and I'm glad I watched it. It didn't have the same awe of the original, but they are kind of different entities and less of a conventional pre/sequel.

.. that 2025 Rukako so good though..

May 23, 2019 5:57 AM
Oct 2017
Silverstorm92 said:
Steins;Gate 0 will be overwritten by Ep 23-24 Steins;Gate so do not care so much about 18000 BC Suzuha and Mayuri in this episode :)

18,000 BC Mayuri is the reason there was that dream sequence in the original series. Filling your brain with hundreds of episodes of serialized garbage makes you forget important scenes I guess.
May 23, 2019 2:35 PM

May 2016
DankestKhan said:

18,000 BC Mayuri is the reason there was that dream sequence in the original series. Filling your brain with hundreds of episodes of serialized garbage makes you forget important scenes I guess.

Nope, you are wrong.

In the dream scene of the original, they are 70 million years in the past, and Mayuri says that she came to find Okabe.

In the last scene of Zero, they are in BC 18000, and Okabe came to save Mayuri.

So are the 2 scenes are connected? Not at all. Even the dates doesn't match.

Also, the authors revealed in a Q&A show, that the dream scene of the original is a faint memory from an Alpha worldline, where Okabe was captured by SERN, and SERN did some time travel experiments with him. And Okabe was sent back to 70 million years into the past. And Mayuri came to save him.

In 0, we are not 70 million years in the past, and everything is reversed: Okabe came to save Mayuri.

So no, the 2 scenes are not related at all.
-
May 25, 2019 1:03 AM

Jun 2009
Now that was much more than what I anticipated.

I was expecting to see story of WWIII and how Okabe arrive to find the answer to reaching Steins;Gate, and with this, I get a lot more.

3000 times leaps, and cooperation between more than several characters among different divergences at the same time.

The very last cherry on top, we even have operation Altair, where Kyouma even managed to find Suzuha and Mayuri who are stuck in a time-unknown. Just how much trouble he went through just to be able to pin point over 18000BC.

8/10.

Not quite Steins;Gate, it offered less of what I wanted from this season, but it brings me other joys along the way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.