Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2018 3:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, it looks like this is the final episode. A fitting one too with everyone reunited together. What made this episode important is that Sarah is also with them and protecting the world.

We got cameos making their appearances too. It kinda gave me the impression that everything came together for this moment. Seems this episode is the last one of the series. Going to miss it.
Sep 25, 2018 3:43 AM

Dec 2017
ah it finally ended. I somewhat enjoyed the first half, but everything went tumbling down from there.

The battle was nice? I guess? Also it *really* is SRW.

Naked Sarah reminds me of Lyria (Granblue Fantasy).

The second half I was just rolling my eyes throughout.

I wonder if there is any VRMMORPG anime that is more slice-of-life and is good?
Sep 25, 2018 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
Raid b0sses were defeated by the power of love and friendship!
It was nice to see the characters in real life on what they look like, too bad Rommel, Do-ji and Ogre wasn't able to attend...
Is sarah an AI lifeform from a tiny humanoid android doll-like entity!?
5/5.
7/10.

Sep 25, 2018 7:32 AM
Jun 2017
Wish we could see all the characters in real life but a nice ending.
Sep 25, 2018 8:30 AM

May 2017
That was a pretty heart warming ending, I never really felt invested in any of the characters but this ending is beautiful unfortunately the fight scenes was atrocious, bad choreography, Kyouya transforming into the MC's sword was ugh nvm oh well, I guess it's just as expected from a kids show

6/10
Sep 25, 2018 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
this was a pretty good series, enjoyed seeing the custom builds and the many combinations. Hope we won't have to wait too long for a new gundam anime or even a build anime

Sep 25, 2018 1:50 PM
Sep 2018
hope they take things out of this and make some kind of mmo out of it would be a great idea in my opinion first gundam series ive watched and im hooked to gundam i started watching all the other series
Sep 25, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2007
Our hero Patrick, here to save the world!
Sep 25, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
It was a very good ending, we got some cool action, and the main characters were able to meet in the real world, and I liked their "real" selves as much as I like their characters. Magee is a pretty nice guy, Kyoya and Kotaro/Tigerwolf are really hot lol, and Shahryar/Ruck is pretty much really, really rich and cool. But at first I thought that it was really silly for Sarah to be able to move, and live like that, but I guess that's how the Gunpla battled in the other spin-off that I have yet to watch, so it's fine. This anime was pretty enjoyable overall, and I'm going to miss it a little.
Sep 25, 2018 4:36 PM

Jun 2017
These last episodes were pretty nice imo and boosted my opinion on this show. It wasn't a trainwreck like Darling in the FranXX, but they could've done a lot better. I'd love to have seen:
Side characters get some more development, including better character execution so they're not just "there"
Better plot progression
Jegan Blast Master and everyone's other upgraded variants being featured more
Give Riku less plot armor
Better plot throughout the show
And that's just about it. Glad we saw the main supporting cast IRL, and if there's more coming I'll watch em.
Oh btw all those Brave series references were a big plus.
ZetaKai1219Sep 25, 2018 4:41 PM
Sep 25, 2018 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty mediocre ending. I'm hoping we don't get a 2nd season to this and if we get any more Gundam Build shows it returns to being as good as the previous 2 seasons were (GBF and GBF Try). Overall pretty disappointed with how this turned out.
Sep 25, 2018 8:47 PM

Jul 2017
It's over. It's finally over.
Gone are the days of me screaming in my chair about how nothing in this show makes sense. At least the first half was somewhat watchable, even though it was kind of dumb. Then the second half came along and it dipped from dumb to straight up retarded.

3/10 No more Riku bring back Iori x Reiji

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Sep 25, 2018 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
Good wrap-up. Even with the dumb setting and trash plot, I enjoyed this more than Try. Characters are more enthusiastic about Gunpla, references cut deeper into lore, and the staff just seems to be having more fun with the franchise. Fights still aren't great though, fuck the spiraling bouncing lights bullshit, and Riku was definitely the worst part of the show.

Now give me that FA:G Sarah to customize.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 25, 2018 11:36 PM
Jun 2017
not bad for the final episode as almost whole Gunpla players made an appearance and beat those bug boss raids.. hahaha

and those major gunpla players have meet face to face for the first time and have some party...

Nice episode...
Sep 26, 2018 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
LOL! Sarah became a "living Gunpla" :v
That somehow reminded me of Angelic Layer.
This beats Minato's Super Fumina.
Well, making Sarah a gunpla = Bandai selling another product
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10562491

Like the gathering of the characters in their real life appearances.
Their avatars somehow resembles their true appearances.
Would've been great to see how Ogre and Rommel looked though. XD

I enjoyed the final 4-5 episodes of this anime even though he had a lot of cheesy bits.
The anime started meh but ended nicely... for a "kid's show" :v

lazypigz said:

3/10 No more Riku bring back Iori x Reiji

Yeah. Sunrise already gave us Try and this, we don't need another version of GBF... we need the 1st GBF!

QuattroVaginas said:

FA:G Sarah would be better than HG Sarah.
Unfortunately, Bandai want "quick money" so they introduced the HG right away. -_-
Sep 26, 2018 12:18 AM

Sep 2011
Man, and I thought Try was disappointing. At least Try kinda built off of OG Build Fighters. Guess Sunrise forgot about that big world tournament Try was setting up
Sep 26, 2018 12:24 AM

Jul 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man, and I thought Try was disappointing. At least Try kinda built off of OG Build Fighters. Guess Sunrise forgot about that big world tournament Try was setting up

I guess sunrise forgot about their main demographic.
Remember when GBF first came out Youtube comments were bashing about it being a huge Gunpla ad but at least it turned out well. I think Sunrise have forgotten that it's possible to appeal to kids (I'm pretty sure GBF was aimed at a younger age group) and still be a good show.

At least with this shitshow I'll be hopeful that they got the kid stuff out of the way. Now we need that IBO project they been teasing about.

Sep 26, 2018 12:44 AM

Sep 2011
lazypigz said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

I guess sunrise forgot about their main demographic.
Remember when GBF first came out Youtube comments were bashing about it being a huge Gunpla ad but at least it turned out well. I think Sunrise have forgotten that it's possible to appeal to kids (I'm pretty sure GBF was aimed at a younger age group) and still be a good show.

At least with this shitshow I'll be hopeful that they got the kid stuff out of the way. Now we need that IBO project they been teasing about.

I legit think GBF is a 10/10 show and have rewatched it multiple times. I can't bring myself to watch Try again and Divers is probably going to be the same.
Sep 26, 2018 3:34 AM

Nov 2012
I thought this show was below average to average at best.

They rushed through the Break Decal storyline way too fast during the first half which in turn left the series directionless for majority of the second half,before they finally decided to pick up the pace with the Sarah AI storyline the last few episodes.

But by then it was too late,because I stopped caring during the directionless second half.Some of you might think I'm being to harsh considering this is a "kid show" but having seen plenty of them (Aikatsu,Precure,Jewelpet) I can say that had nothing to do with it being a mediocre show.

At it's peak 6/10,at it's worst 4/10,overall 5/10.

OG>>>Divers>>>>>>Try
Sep 26, 2018 7:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode, nice development in the lasts episodes, but in general, too much episodes for a simple plot, that 13 episodes could tell the same.

Well, 6/10 for this anime series!
Sep 26, 2018 9:24 AM

Aug 2014
footmaster said:

QuattroVaginas said:

Unfortunately, Bandai want "quick money" so they introduced the HG right away. -_-

HG was expected like with the other MS girls, but Bandai's just bad at non-mecha compared to Kotobukiya's FAGs and MDs. HGBD Sarah joins the rest of the Gundam girls with creepy ass plastic faces. At least they're cheaper and still fine for customizing.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 26, 2018 1:06 PM

Jul 2017
QuattroVaginas said:
footmaster said:

HG was expected like with the other MS girls, but Bandai's just bad at non-mecha compared to Kotobukiya's FAGs and MDs. HGBD Sarah joins the rest of the Gundam girls with creepy ass plastic faces. At least they're cheaper and still fine for customizing.
Well... does it really matter if nobody's really going to buy it. The fact that it comes from a bad series doesn't help it's sales either.

Sep 26, 2018 1:56 PM

Feb 2012
Full on Patrick cameo! Is that is original voice actor, too?

I thought it would be Rommel who would step out of the limo because Magee said Shahryar's flight was delayed.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 26, 2018 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
lazypigz said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Well... does it really matter if nobody's really going to buy it. The fact that it comes from a bad series doesn't help it's sales either.

What do you know about gunpla and sales numbers? The kit hasn't even been released. Pretty sure the HGBD line is doing perfectly fine, and stuff like the Momokapool are extremely popular. Not all consumers give a shit about the show it comes from, or that you think it's bad. In fact, I'd say most do not.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 26, 2018 11:12 PM

Jul 2017
QuattroVaginas said:
lazypigz said:

What do you know about gunpla and sales numbers? The kit hasn't even been released. Pretty sure the HGBD line is doing perfectly fine, and stuff like the Momokapool are extremely popular. Not all consumers give a shit about the show it comes from, or that you think it's bad. In fact, I'd say most do not.
Wait really. Things like Momokapool sells? I'd be surprised if the bearguys from Try sold well too. When I think of gundam, I think of badass mechs to build and pose, so idk, maybe ppl are different over there in the east. When I was living in asia a long time ago none of this cute shit existed, so maybe times have changed :/

Also the kits from this season are kind of crappy too imo, maybe apart from the build 00 and the age 2 magnum.

Sep 27, 2018 9:43 AM

Aug 2014
lazypigz said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Wait really. Things like Momokapool sells? I'd be surprised if the bearguys from Try sold well too. When I think of gundam, I think of badass mechs to build and pose, so idk, maybe ppl are different over there in the east. When I was living in asia a long time ago none of this cute shit existed, so maybe times have changed :/

Also the kits from this season are kind of crappy too imo, maybe apart from the build 00 and the age 2 magnum.

Yep, Beargguys are one of, if not, the best selling thing to come out of GBF. Cute shit sells, in the west as well. There definitely are plenty fans like you who prefer the standard mechs (I do too for the most part), but Gunpla reaches out to a much wider audience now, a lot of it thanks to GBF. If I wanted serious mech designs, HGBF/BD is the last place I'd look, plenty of better choices otherwise. Also cute stuff has always existed, as SDs.

As for Momokapool, the only other Kapool kit is a No Grade from 1999. Most buy it because it's cute, others buy it to have a updated Kapool mold.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 6, 2018 12:00 AM

Jan 2014
I thought that sarah vessel only to store data, but it actually come to life, that's pretty absurd for me, even the technology are pretty advanced, making an action figure to life is a breakthrough in technology, no?

i'd give it 6 or 7/10.
Oct 9, 2018 1:21 PM

Oct 2018
Cute ending to an enjoyable show. Really wish, that it had twice the episode count. We definitely need more Nanami and Ayame!

Fun fact: the pictures and paintings in Magee's bar were all IBO references. The crescent Moon saying Mikazuki in japanese, the red flower from the fourth OP and of course, the picture with Orga's "Don't you ever stop". Also the new server is called Ariadne just like the communication network in IBO.
Oct 9, 2018 4:25 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Well the ending was sweet! It was nice to see everyone get together!
I kinda thought the Sarah stuff was blehblehbleh, but I can deal.
Shahryar fine af though in and out of GBN-- not just cause of that money either-- but seriously, what'd Magee mean by the sweet night? Lol

For the longest time, I was seriously not feeling the whole protect Sarah side of the dispute. I wasn't attached to her in the first place and was like, "Well, she's a bug so whatever. Eliminate away". After they kinda explained the whole, "Just like we brought our Gunpla to life, this game brought Sarah to life" thing I was like... euuugh, I still don't really agree, but I DID then understand their side of the dispute a lot more.
Overall, not a bad little show. Those references at the end-- with the songs and everything were cute. ;u;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 3, 2018 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
Honestly this is pretty mediocre. The premise is cool, although trend chasing, it's still interesting enough. But the execution and story is super meh. Shoulda been 12 eps at most.

I guess the more disappointing aspect is that even for those just looking for Gundam fan service this was pretty bad. When the idea of Build Fighters came along it was scoffed at initially, but they showed they could actually make a great story out of it while still bringing great battle sequences the meta series is known for, great Gundam fan service, and making animated plastic figures seem badass for even an adult audience. But this seemed cringy most of the time. I'd rather another season of Build Fighters Try, which was ok at best, than a second season of this.

I'd give it a 4/10 for the fan service, with two points for seeing an HD version of Devil Gundam and another 2 points for the cosplay Char clones scene.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 13, 2019 5:26 PM
Apr 2019
I would love for this to continue. Or have a game equivalent. I have my eye on Barbatos gundam, a custom design in my imagination brain. 2 mode - Lone Wolf Mode being a single unit with a wicked tail and additional combat capabilities. And Pack Leader Mode where the tail breaks down into 7+ small mobile armor drones, a smaller versions of the drones in the Iron Blooded Orphans Series. They function independently and not wireless remote. When attached they get targeting information from the Barbatos, once deployed they will chase after those targets. Each equipped with a miniaturized GN drive while the Barbatos has 2 GN drives (2/3 the size of a normal) deigned with mobility in mind. In this Pack leader mode, the drones gnaw away at the enemy little by little and evade, just like a wolf pack, and the main unit (Barbatos) goes for the kill. Yeah this is a lot of rambling. :P
Apr 17, 2019 1:07 AM

Jan 2016
God Damn, the cameo on the last battle. There's even the guy from the first Build fighter and Gundam Extreme games. Patrick Finally talk!
Oct 4, 2019 3:38 AM
Nov 2015
The story very focus for children and no connections to other build fighters.

Not bad at least good happy ending.
Jan 16, 2021 5:39 PM

Jun 2017
I enjoyed the ending, but honestly the degree of value dissonance I have with the work is putting a bad taste in my mouth. I think as time goes I'll be better able to sort out my mixed feelings, but for now I'll just say it was a well made show with faults, probably a 6/10 or a 7/10 if one is extra sentimental (which I am).
Jan 21, 2023 10:05 PM

Feb 2019
that was a nice scene in the end when everybody met up IRL. i was wondering what the other adults the kids grew closer to looked like, and Magee didn't disappoint. but whoa, Tigerwolf was a cutie too lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 21, 2023 12:32 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

11 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

15 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.