Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Nozomi Entertainment has launched a Kickstarter campaign to produce an English dub for Emma season one

New
Sep 24, 2018 7:08 PM
Jan 2018
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-emma-a-victorian-romance-anime-tv-series/

Emma is licensed by Nozomi Entertainment in NA, and recently they launched a Kickstarter campaign to produce an English dub for Emma season one.

Thoughts? Personally I think Yumi Touma's voice is one of a kind and really shaped Emma's persona, I give my best wishes to the voice actress who will be voicing her.
Oct 4, 2018 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
A few updates on the campaign:

1) At this point, the campaign has met its funding goal of $110,000 for the first season. The stretch goal for the second season is $180,000, with a few other stretch goals before that.

2) In the past couple updates, they've announced that they've hired people as consultants--including a couple well-respected dialect coaches--to help ensure the authenticity of the British accents that will be used in the dub.

3) Right now, the campaign is just under $117,000, with 13 days left to go.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Oct 4, 2018 2:45 PM

Apr 2016
So you must first to fund it, and then buy it ? lol.
Oct 6, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Swagernator said:
So you must first to fund it, and then buy it ? lol.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. Depending on your reward tier, funding the Kickstarter includes buying the series.

The way Kickstarter works is that there's a base funding goal (in this case $110,000, for dubbing and upscaling the first season). People make pledges toward that goal in the form of rewards tiers at various dollar amounts. In the case of the Emma KS (and anime KS's in general from what I've seen), the series on home video is included as a reward in many of the tiers. KS campaigns can raise more money than their base funding goal during the campaign period. Thus, many campaigns have stretch goals. In the case of the Emma KS, dubbing and upscaling season 2 is the $180,000 stretch goal. If that stretch goal is reached before the end of the campaign, new tiers will be added that include both season 1 and season 2.

With Kickstarter, specifically, funds for pledges aren't withdrawn from backers' accounts unless the base funding goal is met by the end of the campaign. If it's not met (AKA if the campaign fails), nothing happens. So, backers don't risk losing anything on failed campaigns.

Hope that helps!
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Oct 15, 2018 12:56 AM
Jan 2018
The campaign has been successful. Season 1 dub is under production.
Wayne Grayson will be playing Richard Jones.
Meanwhile it has 3 days left for it to reach 180k Season 2 dub stretch goal, it needs 30k more at the time of this typing.
Sep 7, 2021 6:55 PM
Jan 2021
Dub of both season are available now. I just want some feedback from someone who has watched/ re-watched the series in dub. I personally think these type of series sound better in dubbed version. But VAs in anime can really butcher British Accent.
@Clareita
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Sep 28, 2021 8:05 AM

Sep 2020
Barry_Allen_14 said:
Dub of both season are available now. I just want some feedback from someone who has watched/ re-watched the series in dub. I personally think these type of series sound better in dubbed version. But VAs in anime can really butcher British Accent.
@Clareita
Probably one of the best dub I have seen in recent years. They have used British VA which really fit well.
Mar 21, 2023 10:50 AM

Jun 2021
Season 1 Trailer and Emma: A Victorian Romance Blu-ray Trailer (English Dub) just got recently approved. Hence I'm also gonna share the Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter campaign playlist by Nozomi Entertainment here:

Emma A Victorian Romance Dub Kickstarter Pitch

Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter Campaign Joe DiGiorgi

Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter Campaign Rhiannon Ross!

Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter Campaign Tara Tisch

Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter Campaign Wayne Grayson

Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter Campaign Eleanor

Emma A Victorian Romance Kickstarter Jessica Calvello Special Message

When I found out that Emma got an English dub in 2018, I got confused because I've watched both seasons dubbed in Animax before. I didn't have any problems with the Animax dub as far as I could remember. I feel like they weren't that different when I rewatched Emma with the Nozomi dub but I can't really compare since I've watched the Animax dub ages ago. I probably watched the Nozomi dub on my rewatch since Animax dubs are hard to find (see: Where Do Animax Asia's English Dubs Come From?). I really liked the Nozomi dub.

At least ANN listed the English casts from both dubs:
Emma: A Victorian Romance (TV)
Emma: A Victorian Romance Second Act (TV)

Some context:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119873
https://www.reddit.com/r/Animedubs/comments/f7o1h7/emma_a_victorian_romance_animes_english_dub_casts/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_(manga)#Anime
https://animeanimaxdub.blogspot.com/2020/09/emma-victorian-romance.html
https://animeanimaxdub.blogspot.com/2020/09/emma-victorian-romance-second-act.html

More topics from this board

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma Episode 12 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

32 by bushman66 »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:33 PM

Poll: » Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma Episode 2 Discussion

Mirorin - Feb 16, 2013

20 by P_J_S_1 »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:14 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma Episode 1 Discussion

Cookie-chan- - Aug 10, 2008

25 by Min_Minaliski »»
Jul 8, 2023 10:06 AM

» No Blu Ray release?

ChristmasCookies - May 7, 2017

2 by IridescentJaune »»
Mar 21, 2023 10:32 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma Episode 3 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 11, 2010

24 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Dec 20, 2022 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.