Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 23, 2018 11:12 PM

Dec 2015
Japanese fans who purchased physical copies of the upcoming monthly Japanese TV Guide have started to indicate that after October 8th’s SnK episode (Episode 49/S3E12: 奪還作戦の夜/Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall), there is no additional SnK listing in NHK timeslots for the October weeks thereafter.

This is a hint that the next arc after Uprising will not be shown until another unknown period of time, which would also explain the lack of solid dates for Vols. 5-7 of the DVD/Blu-Ray releases.

Source: SNK News.

The anime will return probably in January 2019.
Sep 23, 2018 11:24 PM

Feb 2017
Seems like it. I can't help but be a bit bummed about it but hopefully it gives the studio more breathing room. Production of this season has been sloppy. Let's hope, now that there will probably be a season break, next cour doesn't have those problems.
Sep 24, 2018 12:07 AM
May 2017
Tsarko said:
Seems like it. I can't help but be a bit bummed about it but hopefully it gives the studio more breathing room. Production of this season has been sloppy. Let's hope, now that there will probably be a season break, next cour doesn't have those problems.

If u compare this season with season 1,the production was much better mate, i think only episode 6 was sloppy!! But yeah Winter 2019 will be lit
Sep 24, 2018 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
so this infos in the past in this thread https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1725043&show=50#msg55578935 became true after all
Sep 24, 2018 1:50 AM

Oct 2017
Parkrover said:
The anime will return probably in January 2019.

This isn't confirmed, yet. So what makes you say it'll return in January 2019? Just curious... Also, is the source really reliable? But even if there's no slot, it doesn't mean it won't air after October 8, does it? Man, I'm really disappointed. Like I get it, the next arc requires time for good animation. But still... *Sigh*
Sep 24, 2018 3:27 AM
Aug 2018
Tsarko said:

I honestly cant tell if you are trolling or just annoying manga reader. The quality this season is better than previous ones. The story is amazing, the animation better than ever and attack style is consistent especially with backgrounds. I saw few people say this too and keep just think you are mad over the fact that charactera just look different or older this season.
Sep 24, 2018 5:18 AM

Jul 2013
Snkmasterpiece said:
Tsarko said:

I honestly cant tell if you are trolling or just annoying manga reader. The quality this season is better than previous ones. The story is amazing, the animation better than ever and attack style is consistent especially with backgrounds. I saw few people say this too and keep just think you are mad over the fact that charactera just look different or older this season.

He's talking purely based on a production standpoint here. It's got nothing to do with the story or anything.

If you're actually keeping up with the production news, while it's not as bad as S1, it's obviously a stepdown from S2 overall but that doesnt mean we didnt get awesomely animated scenes this season. They're saved by the slow pace and the lack of action in this cour this time but even then anyone can see they're cutting corners and having problems here and there. If you dont see or notice any of that at all, well, you probably dont really care about the details all that much and that's not necessarily a bad thing lol.

Sep 24, 2018 5:27 PM
Aug 2018
EasyGo-er said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

He's talking purely based on a production standpoint here. It's got nothing to do with the story or anything.

If you're actually keeping up with the production news, while it's not as bad as S1, it's obviously a stepdown from S2 overall but that doesnt mean we didnt get awesomely animated scenes this season. They're saved by the slow pace and the lack of action in this cour this time but even then anyone can see they're cutting corners and having problems here and there. If you dont see or notice any of that at all, well, you probably dont really care about the details all that much and that's not necessarily a bad thing lol.

I care about details more than anynone here. Wdym by cutting corners? I have an idea but i would like to hear it from you. What you mean by slow pace is the lack of action i assume? This season is hardly slow paced in fact its probably the opposite. We got plenty of answers and plot/character progression in these 10 episodes. And yeah im keeping up with production news, its also worth noting the fact that wit's incom from aot increseed for 60% precent compared to previous season probably because they are on larger network. I know money is not everything but again its worth noting. The season is probably gonna be split cour because wits schedule was never the best.
Sep 24, 2018 6:49 PM
Oct 2015
If the second cour airs in Winter 2019 that would mean that Yasuko Kobayashi would be doing the series composition for four series that season. (Attack on Titan, Dororo, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, and Kakegurui XX)
Sep 25, 2018 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
Snkmasterpiece said:
EasyGo-er said:

I care about details more than anynone here. Wdym by cutting corners? I have an idea but i would like to hear it from you. What you mean by slow pace is the lack of action i assume? This season is hardly slow paced in fact its probably the opposite. We got plenty of answers and plot/character progression in these 10 episodes. And yeah im keeping up with production news, its also worth noting the fact that wit's incom from aot increseed for 60% precent compared to previous season probably because they are on larger network. I know money is not everything but again its worth noting. The season is probably gonna be split cour because wits schedule was never the best.

By the slow pace, I meant in a production standpoint, there's not much to animate in the first place with most of the arc comprised of characters talking and the lack of action, but you can still see them cutting corners like long panning shot of just the characters talking, some character acting that arent even animated when they can afford to and some off model characters due to time constraints (not really noticeable or a big deal but I noticed them regardless) as compared to S2. I'm not gonna show any example for these cause there's a lot of them spread throughout the episodes, albeit in a subtle manner. They lost one of their 3 chief animation directors who's been working on this since S1 due to her working on Banana Fish now and even the famous make-up animation (that gorgeous Historia face in S2) that made its debut in S2 is now straight up gone from S3 cause they cant afford to do that in this season. Episode 7 might be a perfect example of a great episode with awesome scenes accompanied by issues of its own (weirdly put smoke, some unfinished sequences). Again, I'm talking purely based on its production quality which has nothing to do with how the story or plot goes this season. (I'm a manga reader way before the first season came out btw).

I'll just link these two posts from Sakugablog regarding the production in S3:
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/07/30/attack-on-titan-season-3-02-episode-39-production-highlights/
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/09/19/attack-on-titan-season-3-09-episode-46-production-highlights/

I'm wondering where did you get that information on WIT's income from AoT increasing by 60% compared to previous season though. Just curious but maybe you can post the source to back that up.
EasyGo-erSep 25, 2018 3:05 AM

Sep 25, 2018 5:54 AM

Feb 2017
EasyGo-er said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

By the slow pace, I meant in a production standpoint, there's not much to animate in the first place with most of the arc comprised of characters talking and the lack of action, but you can still see them cutting corners like long panning shot of just the characters talking, some character acting that arent even animated when they can afford to and some off model characters due to time constraints (not really noticeable or a big deal but I noticed them regardless) as compared to S2. I'm not gonna show any example for these cause there's a lot of them spread throughout the episodes, albeit in a subtle manner. They lost one of their 3 chief animation directors who's been working on this since S1 due to her working on Banana Fish now and even the famous make-up animation (that gorgeous Historia face in S2) that made its debut in S2 is now straight up gone from S3 cause they cant afford to do that in this season. Episode 7 might be a perfect example of a great episode with awesome scenes accompanied by issues of its own (weirdly put smoke, some unfinished sequences). Again, I'm talking purely based on its production quality which has nothing to do with how the story or plot goes this season. (I'm a manga reader way before the first season came out btw).

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/07/30/attack-on-titan-season-3-02-episode-39-production-highlights/
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/09/19/attack-on-titan-season-3-09-episode-46-production-highlights/

I'm wondering where did you get that information on WIT's income from AoT increasing by 60% compared to previous season though. Just curious but maybe you can post the source to back that up.

Thanks for explaining what I was thinking. Here is the article from two weeks ago he is referencing: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-11/wit-studio-reports-large-increase-in-sales-but-2-sister-studios-report-net-loss/.136357
Production IG and XEBEC reported a net loss in the previous year, while WIT reported a net profit.

Though it is not like having more money automatically means anime will look better.
Sep 25, 2018 7:06 AM

Jul 2013
Tsarko said:
Thanks for explaining what I was thinking. Here is the article from two weeks ago he is referencing: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-11/wit-studio-reports-large-increase-in-sales-but-2-sister-studios-report-net-loss/.136357
Production IG and XEBEC reported a net loss in the previous year, while WIT reported a net profit.

Though it is not like having more money automatically means anime will look better.

No biggie there. Yeah, I've read that article myself, but if that's what he's referencing then, it's totally off lol.

Although it reported losses last year, Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, The Ancient Magus' Bride, After the Rain) reported a dramatic 60% increase in sales compared to last year, amounting to 1.494 billion yen (about US$13.4 million). It also reported an ordinary income of 59 million yen (about US$529,212), and a net profit of 31 million yen (about US$278,062).

He stated that WIT's income from AoT alone increased for 60% compared to previous season when this article clearly stated that it's for WIT's overall income for this year compared to last year. Let's see, from October last year to now, WIT has done Mahoutsukai no Yome, Donten ni Warau movie trilogy, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni, SnK: Lost Girls OVAs, SnK recap movie 3, Pokemon movie and SnK S3 (also some other side projects like Kabaneri game) so that's totally expected as compared to the year before where they only had SnK S2, 2 Kabaneri recap movies and 3-part Mahoutsukai no Yome OVAs.

And yeah, having money is important but let's take in mind that most anime has average budget anyway, even ufotable with their Unlimited Budget Works memes (credits for their digital composition team and the time they took for each project) and One Punch Man (credit for lots of freelance talents gathered by the director). No matter how much money they pour for SnK, with WIT always being on a tight schedule, that doesnt really mean much.
EasyGo-erSep 25, 2018 7:10 AM

Sep 25, 2018 12:15 PM
Aug 2018
EasyGo-er said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

i mean i dont understand what do you want them to do while characters are speaking there is nothing to animate tbh. We always had those still shots and every anime has errors in artstyle from time to time its not even worth mentioning. Regarding the increse in budget: https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/09/15/attack-on-titan-wit-studio-massive-profits-anime/
Sep 25, 2018 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Snkmasterpiece said:
EasyGo-er said:

i mean i dont understand what do you want them to do while characters are speaking there is nothing to animate tbh. We always had those still shots and every anime has errors in artstyle from time to time its not even worth mentioning. Regarding the increse in budget: https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/09/15/attack-on-titan-wit-studio-massive-profits-anime/

The link you posted also sourced that article by ANN which I already refuted your statement with the post above, and no, it's not an increase in budget but their overall income lol. You dont even try to read properly and seems to be having no intention of backing down anyway so this will be the last time I'll bother to do this with you. Good riddance.
EasyGo-erSep 25, 2018 7:01 PM

Sep 26, 2018 2:27 AM

Feb 2017
Snkmasterpiece said:
Tsarko said:

As a further proof of a troubled production I'm talking about, next episode has 11 animation directors. Which means everything but good things for production.
Sep 26, 2018 8:53 AM
Aug 2018
Tsarko said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

As a further proof of a troubled production I'm talking about, next episode has 11 animation directors. Which means everything but good things for production.

11 animators can mean nothing good and bad thing, it depends how demanding was the animation
Sep 26, 2018 8:56 AM
Aug 2018
EasyGo-er said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

The link you posted also sourced that article by ANN which I already refuted your statement with the post above, and no, it's not an increase in budget but their overall income lol. You dont even try to read properly and seems to be having no intention of backing down anyway so this will be the last time I'll bother to do this with you. Good riddance.
yeah thats what i was talking about boy. I said income, read the first message again. And chill down with that passive agressive tone. Is everything you do search about production of anime studios? Chill them talk to me.
Sep 26, 2018 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
Snkmasterpiece said:

11 animators can mean nothing good and bad thing, it depends how demanding was the animation

You don't seem to understand. He's not talking about animators, if that was the case it would actually be a good thing.

He's talking about animation directors which is horrible whichever way you want to look at it. An increasingly high number of animation directors means that the corrections for key-frames had to be done in an incredibly rushed way. Also, the more people are involved in this step the more inconsistent the result gets as multiple people with their own unique styles correct keyframes that appear one after another.

In short these are the first crucial signs of the messy production finally taking its toll to where we as the consumers will be able to visibly see it.
Sep 26, 2018 11:11 AM
Mar 2018
That's sad to hear I really hoping for 2 cours
Sep 26, 2018 1:17 PM

Sep 2007
there's a lot of 2 cour animes that takes one week break between new seasons, this happened with bnha s3 between the spring and summer season so let's hope its the case with snk :(
Sep 28, 2018 5:40 PM
Mar 2016
Funimation just posted this video and information on Facebook. This is one of their official accounts:

Link to source
Oct 3, 2018 4:17 PM

Aug 2018
EasyGo-er said:
[...]and even the famous make-up animation (that gorgeous Historia face in S2) that made its debut in S2 is now straight up gone from S3 cause they cant afford to do that in this season.

Oh man, I am still in awe as to how beautifully made that sequence was and I always knew it must have cost a lot of time, energy and manpower to get it that way. Easily my favorite scene from a production value standpoint. Just so gorgeous to look at.
Shame we'll probably never see something comparable again. :D

Back to topic: If they have to split the season in order to have more time to properly animate the 2nd arc (which I cannot fathom as to how much effort that has to be!), I'd rather wait a few months or hell, even (half) a year if that means I'm going to see it in all its glory. This arc needs a proper payoff from a production standpoint - more than any other arc so far, probably even more than all previous arcs combined. And yes, it is that good.
Oct 10, 2018 1:05 PM

Feb 2018
Fuck I really want to see the next arc get animated cuz it's by far my favorite from the manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.