Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 23, 2018 6:00 PM

Nov 2015

We're told the past of Levi and Kenny, and the latter's with Uri; while it was fast paced I think good enough info was given for us to understand how the story unfold along the years. It was easy to feel for Kenny since we are being told his story from his perspective, from his eyes. Even when Levi didn't care about him he couldn't help but being a bit shocked, more to it if we add he just discovered he was his uncle.

The episode was 70% about this so it's a pretty standard transition episode.

Very interesting the last scene with Reiner and Berthold losing, what appears to be an inner dispute for rescuing Annie, against the Beast Titan. Seeing the Armored Titan so messed up on the ground speaks a lot from the Beast.

Setting all that aside, lets take a momment to appreciate how cute, beautiful and pure was our queen Historia's scene punching Levi ❤️

Sep 23, 2018 6:40 PM

Nov 2017
The_Undying said:
Aalve said:

I'm calling it.

All I'm saying is that he could indeed be related to someone we know... ;)

Apart from that, good episode! Kenny is still a fucking douchebag for killing Nifa so I'm not too guilty on relishing his demise.

And so it begins....the Heartbreak Arc. Get your handkerchiefs ready, lads and lasses!
looks like a Manga reader?
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Sep 23, 2018 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Dude Historia punching Levi was GOLD.
Well well well there those two idiots are...fighting with MONKEY Titan smh.
I wonder how Mikasa and Levi are connected bloodline wise.

Tsarko said:
Kenny's voice actor was great this episode. Kenny's and Levi's backstory was really sad.
Historia looked beautiful on her coronation.

Mysterious Beast Titan is back and Reiner got wrecked by him.

Nice sig!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 23, 2018 7:02 PM

Sep 2017
RIP Kenny. His and Levi's backstory was pretty sad. In the end he accepted his fate rather than turning into a brainless titan. It was a fitting end.

The way Kenny described how you changed when getting the god titan powers really makes you wonder wtf it is that they know. Uri seemed very compassionate and caring for humanity, yet he wouldn't use his power to stop the titans. Really looking forward to the reveal, but I'd guess we are a ways off.
Sep 23, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2015
Levi had a tough childhood, wow! what a shocker that Kenny is actually his uncle. I wonder will he use that injection? I hope not because I like him the way he is, cool and so cool And more cool.

Need more Levi episode, less Eren please!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 23, 2018 7:31 PM

Oct 2017
Really sad about what happened to Kenny, but it was a rational decision. He was one of the great characters in this series... Hyped for the second arc.
Sep 23, 2018 8:21 PM
Mar 2016
ShiroiKamui said:
Doesn't the Ape Titan guy remind anyone else of Erwin's father?

Also, Kenny gets no sympathy from me. People seem to forget he literally blasted Nifa's head point-blank from behind, and almost killed Levi the same way.

Reminds me of Eren's father.
Sep 23, 2018 8:31 PM

Oct 2017
ProofByColor said:
Really looking forward to the reveal, but I'd guess we are a ways off.

I think many people will drop this show, when they actually reveal it... Everything will be revealed in this season...

ShiroiKamui said:
Also, Kenny gets no sympathy from me. People seem to forget he literally blasted Nifa's head point-blank from behind, and almost killed Levi the same way.

I know, right? Reminds me of: Eren trying to kill Mikasa in his titan form, Levi killing innocent people, Eren's father killing the children of Reiss family, Historia planning to kill Eren and many more. None of them deserves any sympathy. Yet, people seem to forget these moments and still like all of the characters. I wonder, why?

Sep 23, 2018 9:13 PM
Oct 2007
bunny1998 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.
for some reason I thought he was Eren's father for a second but then I remembered that Eren already ate his father.
LOL even I thought that he was erens father.all that beard and glass confused me a lot

That's what I thought too until I saw someone mentioned Erwin's father. I think that might be more probable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2018 9:32 PM

Apr 2017
Was I the only one who became very happy and laughed a lot when Historia hits Levi?

Best scene so far of season 3

Also, there are many things to come, lots of action and tears.

Fuckin Beast Titan looks awesome
Hi
Sep 23, 2018 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
Suhrid1993 said:
Aalve said:

I'm calling it.
Nah Man. But if you want the spoiler, I can give it to you. :P

spoil me please :P
Sep 23, 2018 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum bruh, finally we're getting some backstories now.
Sep 23, 2018 10:21 PM
Feb 2016
Great episodes but i really have high expectations on historia punching levi yet it kind a dissapoints me a little...
Sep 23, 2018 10:29 PM

Apr 2016
The moment I saw Kenny in the first episode, he didn't feel like a generic evil guy.
That guy had motivation behind every action he took. Really well written character. Sad that he's gone :'(
The backstory hit me pretty hard.
Sep 23, 2018 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
So another arc begins, does that mean this series is 2-cours now?

Sep 23, 2018 11:17 PM
Sep 2015
Is it just me that thought of L from death note when i saw levi as a child? XD
Sep 23, 2018 11:22 PM

Jun 2013
Manaarii_0 said:
OMG they killed Kenny! You bastards!

LOL It's the perfect time to say this.

---------------------------------

This was a nice episode. For action-only and especially Anime-onlys, it might have not been that good but I love exposition even though there are still a lot of gaps. I'm up-to-date on the manga and I have a fair idea where they're going to leave it off. In a few days, we'll get a new chapter in the manga in October, I'm also looking forward to that as well.

If I'm not mistaken, they showed malnourished Levi in an OVA or movie before, I can't remember which. I think they're showing it again for people who haven't seen either the OVA or movie. It breaks my heart seeing Levi like that but his Ackerman genes helped him to survive. Knowing that he turned into the Levi we know today doesn't make me feel that bad for him. If everyone dies, he'll probably be the last one standing. His survival skills are top-tier and he is, after all, humanity's strongest.

It was nice knowing a little more about Uri and Rod. Uri was more humble than the delusional and selfish Rod. Kenny obviously respected him a tad more. Kenny, despite being who he was, was one of my favorite characters in the series because he was so badass. He taught Levi how to survive in the underground and contributed somewhat to what Levi is today.

Historia was adorable walking up to punch Levi with her little posse, although Levi just turned and she hit his elbow. She was so proud of herself. Eren tried to calm her down and Mikasa and Jean were egging her on. Too cute!

Excited for the next episode, we're finally going to see the truth animated.
臭い-
Sep 23, 2018 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
Episode 47 End Card by Yuuko SERA

Sep 24, 2018 12:30 AM

Feb 2018
all hail queen historia!!
and what happened between beast titan and armored titan? looked like reiner got beat down bad!!
poor levi got beat up by historia ..lol

and what will levi do with that titan power kenny gave him

sad ending for kenny but good backstory and hes like levi's uncle basically

what happened to rod reiss titan did i miss something?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2018 12:41 AM

Nov 2013
Really enjoy these types of episodes, with more emphasis on the side characters, reminds me of the Lost Girl OVAs!

Wonder what happened to Ymir, since she was with Reiner etc at the end of S2...
Sep 24, 2018 12:43 AM

Feb 2018
Everyone who hasn't done so yet should go watch the Levi Ova now.
Also I am so hyped for the next arc it contains one of my favorite scenes in all manga.
Sep 24, 2018 1:58 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting episode, finally filling in Kenny's backstory: most of it was largely what we knew or could have inferred anyway, but it was still interesting to see his relationship with the Reiss family and then with Levi after that, as well as how this shaped him as a character until his death. I honestly thought he was going to inject himself and become a Titan, but I guess he realised it would be futile at this stage and wanted to pass it on to Levi instead.

As for that ending, I think that the Beast Titan's identity is pretty obvious now after some of the previous episodes this season, so seeing what happens with that should be an intriguing set of events (when this show eventually gets to that, of course).
Sep 24, 2018 2:17 AM

Jul 2016
Not entirely sure who the best titan guy is.

Could be Erwins dad.

Remember that he said something about the gear they wear being new when he ripped them to pieces before so he must be fairly old.

Once the light went away from his face and you could see his features he looked alot like Levi.

My assumption is that he is the original Ackerman.
Sep 24, 2018 3:22 AM

Feb 2018
Abyhape said:
Suhrid1993 said:
Nah Man. But if you want the spoiler, I can give it to you. :P

Dont click this if you don't want to be spoiled
Sep 24, 2018 3:55 AM

Aug 2012
0x5809 said:
Animation was really bad or it was just me?
deg said:

this whole season have average to bad animation quality and it was suspected earlier to be this way by some people in the forums since production schedule seems tight

Apart from the cgi rod reiss titan and the cgi horses the animation has been great. This episode had good animation
Sep 24, 2018 3:56 AM

Aug 2012
Just noticed that beast titan voice actor is the same as dio from jojo. This is gonna be good
Sep 24, 2018 4:33 AM

May 2010
good ep
but, didnt understand why Levi only now asked about his surname and relations between Kenny and his mother(?), lol
Sep 24, 2018 4:36 AM
Mar 2018
In the last season Zeke got to make his animated appearance!! This season he got some dialogues as well. And hes is voiced by none other than Takehito Koyasu!!!
Sep 24, 2018 5:48 AM
Sep 2017
MusashiRose said:
bunny1998 said:
LOL even I thought that he was erens father.all that beard and glass confused me a lot

...I thought the same thing for a min. Lol oops.

This episode was phenomenal and I loved Kenny's backstory. Levi more and more becomes a fave character of mine. Historia's crowning was beautiful.

This season is so strong.
I was never much into this series but this season got me hooked up
Sep 24, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2014
ade-pewe said:
Abyhape said:

that actually good, will we see more of this beast titan in the near future? since they introduce the human form.
Sep 24, 2018 10:03 AM

May 2016
Kenny legacy has just ended shame it couldn't get longer but after all that I guess it was the right choice from the writer. Levi reaction when he said just her brother made me feel griefi inside myself.

Sep 24, 2018 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
Why did Historia hit Levi again? I kinda forgot. Thanks!

That was cute scene tho
Sep 24, 2018 10:22 AM

Feb 2018
Abyhape said:
ade-pewe said:

that actually good, will we see more of this beast titan in the near future? since they introduce the human form.

2nd cour of this season will be Beast Titan's time to shine with a lot of screen time
Sep 24, 2018 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Abyhape said:
ade-pewe said:

Why spoil yourself? I don't get it.
Sep 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
Awesome episode. A lot of the people here think that the Beast Titan guy is Erwin's father which might be a good guess. However, my first thought was Eren's father because of the beard and glasses but now I kind of assume some relation to the Ackermanns. The hair color doesn't fit very well but the look on his face reminded me just so much of Levi!

Also, why exactly did Historia hit Levi? I didn't really get that... I loved the horrified expression of the others as she did that - and Levi's smile! <3

-Jiyuu-Sep 24, 2018 11:08 AM
Sep 24, 2018 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
ade-pewe said:
Abyhape said:

2nd cour of this season will be Beast Titan's time to shine with a lot of screen time

thanks

keragamming said:
Abyhape said:

Why spoil yourself? I don't get it.

because I hate to wait, lol
Sep 24, 2018 11:48 AM
we back

Aug 2015
A pretty great episode honestly.

I loved the ending, happy to see Reiner, Bertholdt, and the beast titan coming back into the story.
Sep 24, 2018 12:09 PM
Mar 2018
Vooo said:
Great end to an awesome season.
I hope you meant arc, because this season is far from over!
Sep 24, 2018 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
interesting episode regarding levi's past
Sep 24, 2018 3:13 PM

Jan 2015
This season is perfect so far, every episode is 10/10, this one was top notch
Sep 24, 2018 4:53 PM

Aug 2018
Tomoya1 said:
The_Undying said:

And so it begins....the Heartbreak Arc. Get your handkerchiefs ready, lads and lasses!

Ajup, and believe me, we're up for a ride! Would love to see your faces when all the big plot points happen. ;)
Sep 24, 2018 5:09 PM
Jan 2012
Aalve said:

I'm calling it.

Actually, go back to the episode the guard who killed Pastor Nick is confined and rewatch the part he talks about silencing people, seems like most people missed it.
s1ngSep 24, 2018 5:13 PM
Sep 24, 2018 5:11 PM
Sep 2018
I do really hate the fact that they made a whole new Scene about why did historia hit levi ( if u read the manga you'll know what am I talking about (, but the rest of the episode was great, and seeing Kenny death in the anime is waaay more Saad that the manga, ( I think levi really cares about him, that was too obvious seeing his cold face changing)
Sep 24, 2018 5:31 PM

May 2015
ALL HAIL QUEEN HISTORIA!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 24, 2018 5:52 PM

Nov 2015
Damn, RIP Kenny. For the short time he was here, he was a great character and full of energy. That ending... Who that blonde man.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 24, 2018 6:15 PM

Feb 2017
Rest in piece, Kenny.

Also holy fudge the ending.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Sep 24, 2018 6:18 PM

Nov 2017
The_Undying said:
Tomoya1 said:

Ajup, and believe me, we're up for a ride! Would love to see your faces when all the big plot points happen. ;)
lol I'm a Manga reader too muahahhahahaha
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Sep 24, 2018 6:38 PM

Aug 2018
Still a bit bummed that the "hit me back, I dare you!" scene got changed. At least give poor old Reeves a final memory. :(
Sep 25, 2018 6:27 AM
Apr 2018
Funseco said:
Just noticed that beast titan voice actor is the same as dio from jojo. This is gonna be good

You thought it was the Beast Titan but it was me, DIO!
Sep 25, 2018 9:25 AM
Jan 2016
What the hellll??? That last scene is intense, man!!! Beast Titan can defeat Reiner's Armored Titan, wew that Beast Titan is really strong I think hahaha, I hope there will be another intense fight between those Titan shifter...and RIP Kenny, I think he's not a totally bad guy, he raised Levi but he didn't try to be his father and doesn't want to get closer, I think because of his job and maybe his dream, too, it's an irony that Levi knows that Kenny is his uncle just a moment before Kenny dies. And way to go Historia, I mean Queen Historia hahaha, I really love her development as a character...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

219 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.