Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 6, 2018 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, am I the only one who found it very cheesy and stupid how her eyes always change to make her look edgy? And also, why would even anyone cheer for her when she offended almost everyone - she deserves to lose (sadly, that won't happen *sigh*). If this has happy-end then I'm totally done with this series.

All that thing I'll make her better if I let her find her own reason to play badminton is stupid as fuck. So although the conversation with her mother was partly interesting, I somehow grew indifferent about both of them thoughout the series. The mother is probably the worst mother out there but having a character switching between yandere and child-like poses is just equally dumb. She don't even work as antagonist ffs!

Not saying the actual animation of the match is bad but I would enjoy this series a lot more if was all centered about Nagisa rather than Ayano.
Oct 19, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2014
That change for Hanesaki was way too easy.
Oct 29, 2018 5:35 PM

Jan 2013
at this point i can't stand the helpful best friend either. she's basically trying to boost her own ego by sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. the whole situation escalated because of her. just imagine telling an amputee football player who lost both of his legs to play soccer again. and said football player becomes a great paralympic player only to get told off by that so helpful, morally high and mighty friend to hold back and take it easy because it's making others feel uncomfortable? huh? if anything, it's simply cruel imho. and you can't fix a broken family relationship either. that's outright stupid.
Oct 30, 2018 7:28 PM
Mar 2014
This was a cool episode
Nov 4, 2018 4:14 AM

Jul 2011
Mich666 said:
Hmm, am I the only one who found it very cheesy and stupid how her eyes always change to make her look edgy? And also, why would even anyone cheer for her when she offended almost everyone - she deserves to lose (sadly, that won't happen *sigh*).

Same thoughts. But yeah the side characters have genuine care for Ayano, so yeah...
Nov 24, 2018 5:34 PM

Jan 2014
i would tell this mother to go to hell for that horrible decision
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 25, 2018 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
"My name is Hanesaki Ayano. My mother abandoned me. (Also I am not left handed). Prepare to lose".
Jul 3, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Uchika is straight up fucking trash. I hope there isn't some cheap, happy-go-lucky ending where Ayano forgives her mother and they all live happily ever after. She does not deserve it at all. The nerve that she has that she can just think she can pop in and out of her daughter's life whenever she wants jesus... she is a psycho.
Jun 18, 2020 7:06 PM
Jun 2020
I will dislike this ending, a mother abandoning ayano, adopt a new daughter in denmark and make fame of her then suddenly come back to japan like nothing happen. " I'm home " she said. WOW!!! Hey uchika! Fuck you! If I were ayano. What make you have the right to come back and call me your daughter. FUCK YOU!!!

The ending should be ayano dont accept her back as she has been living without a mother for so long.
Jun 19, 2020 6:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Great battle fierce. I even called it a gladiator rather than a normal badminton.

Mmh, could that mom reasonal session deleted? Its really annoying, and blocked the whole enjoyment. Fuck it! Come on, Ayanon where was your initial enthusiasm? Where was your initial pyshocopath look, and desire? Goddamned girl, you dissapointed me!

On ther other hand. Damn, girl, you sure pretty strong like a bull. I am give up, already. You deserved more of my attention. And, you looks so great there, Aragaki!

Rubber set game. Long ass rally. A difficult situations to Ayanon. She needed to flee the burden of Aragaki. But Aragaki not gonna easy to get Arayon flee away. She still control the flow. Time for real finalization. The battle of the beast continue to be burned. Last episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 23, 2020 8:07 PM
Jul 2020
YIKEESS, a very boring sports anime story for the rest of my life

0/10

And of course the score is for Ayano's fucking mother who has left Ayano sick as a child

And her fucking mother felt innocent when she left Ayano, Huh? FUCK YOU UCHIKA!!!

I loved your dark side ayano,

I Hated the ending

The ending should be ayano dont accept her " (i mean Fucking UCHIKA)" back as she has been living without a mother so long time.
_NukkiAug 23, 2020 8:28 PM
Nov 30, 2020 7:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ayano vs Nagisa is definitely tense but wow Ayano's mother must be one of the worst mother ever, she really abandoned her daughter for her to be better at badminton?! that's really ridiculous
Mar 18, 2021 10:22 PM
May 2020
Okay can i just say (this is from last episode too) that I really hate how everyone is switching up on the mc just because her mind adapted to trauma the best way it could with no help. Her grandparents don't seem helpful, the team only knows small pieces, and worst of all the coach is biased and kne about the mom thing and still offered no emotional support. Nagisa got advice and help from the coach all day long because " she reminded him of hisself" like dude you got a whole girl over here acting mentally insane and you can only say" yeah natural talent this.... but LOOK AT HOW GOOD NAGISA GOT. Like i feel like he should've been there for her too. Also the mom is soo bad like wowwww. I really want ayano to win but if nagisa wins i'll be fine too. I just dont feel like the coach or the people would help her beck up while she's down from losing like they did nagisa. Unless the author does bad "make uptime with everyone" writing. ANyways I just wanted to rant about how i think the coach hasn't been doing his job with ayano like he has wih nagisa and the one guy and riko. It's very annoyying when teachers choose to only help people who struggle and not the ones with "talent".
Jul 1, 2021 1:57 AM
Jun 2021
I would say hanebado are really cool! Yet the ideas of our protagonist were badass and nice backstory its Awesome! its pretty rare to see mc like this especially its a female since almost all mc in anime especially girl mc are mostly energetic and nice but this one is different i love the character development Its just the badminton were kind of weird and should do alot of research on it i hope it'll give a s2 with a better badminton story line
Overall i recomended this if you're just want a simple sports anime with a badass mc
Aug 5, 2021 9:42 PM
Jun 2020
Uchica basically admitted that she puts badminton before being a good parent and therefore abandoned Ayano so she could become a better player. She basically admitted to being a terrible parent and she doesn't have any regrets which shows that she probably shouldn't have had children in the first place. I'm guessing Ayano will win but I really hope she does abandon her mother but does get on good terms with Connie. However, I honestly feel that Nagisa deserves to win more since she's been working harder than anyone.
Sep 18, 2021 7:55 AM

Apr 2018
Ayano might be the biggest bitch out there but her smile always amazes me.
I understand why she's so desperate and acts like an edgy girl without feelings and doesn't give a shit about the power of friendship/team but it would have been so much better if they didn't randomly switch between her oni and moemoe personality like? what the hell was that supposed to mean?

They still cheered for her, the match is pretty fucking good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 6, 2021 6:38 AM
Apr 2020
The last scene is very much needed.
Jan 25, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2020
Like mother, like daughter. Ayano has become a mirror-image of her lousy mother.

And now everyone's cheering for her, ehh?
Sep 6, 2022 5:38 PM

Dec 2020
Alright I was wrong Ayano's mom really did leave cause she's a garbo parent lol in the flashback though ayano really was a sore loser brat too however the response to this was way too harsh.

Ayano also was basically drawn like a different person. Bunch of crazies lmao
Oct 1, 2022 7:08 AM

Apr 2013
So she left her own daughter without a word, because she was playing badminton only for her sake. Instead of just changing her way of teaching and communicating that to her daughter, she just decided to leave her with a huge psychological scar instead. First I wasn't sure if Ayano's mom is just dumb or a bitch. But then she said she doesn't regret it, so now I know. She's a dumb bitch, like what the fuck... After that reveal this anime became way worse, now if Ayano actually wins against Nagisa...
May 26, 2023 7:52 AM
Dec 2021
L'animé est très bien animé et j'aime beaucoup leurs regard pendant les matchs, mais le problème c'est que sur tout les match qu'il y'a eu seulement 2/3 sont bien et a par les 2 personnages principaux on développe pas trop les personnages c'est pour ça que je recommande a moitié
May 26, 2023 7:53 AM
Dec 2021
L'animé est très bien animé et j'aime beaucoup leurs regard pendant les matchs, mais le problème c'est que sur tout les match qu'il y'a eu seulement 2/3 sont bien et a par les 2 personnages principaux on développe pas trop les personnages c'est pour ça que je recommande a moitié
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does Uchika deserve any redemption?

MCA5EY - Dec 26, 2018

10 by _PEAK »»
Mar 17, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

115 by Seabury »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

209 by Destroyer31 »»
May 9, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

126 by Ronninn »»
Dec 10, 2022 10:30 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Ronninn »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.