Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 23, 6:01 AM
News Team
The Walküre Senjou no Premium Live event at the Toyosu PIT on Sunday has announced that Macross Δ franchise will get a new anime movie.

Macross Δ is the latest installment in the franchise that serves as the sequel to Macross F, and was broadcast in Spring 2016 for 26 episodes. A compilation film featuring new footage premiered in February. A live event featuring all of the main Macross cast members will be held on June 1-2 of next year.

Macross is an original sci-fi mecha franchise that was first animated by Artland and Tatsunoko Production in 1982. Since then, the original has inspired four TV anime, six OVA series, six movies, and several light novel and manga adaptations. The series is set in an alternative history of earth and humanity after the year 1999.

Source: Moca News
Modified by Sakana-san, Sep 25, 11:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Sep 23, 6:05 AM

I call it before its complete new movie too

Sep 23, 9:48 AM
Master Expander

Another movie!? They can fix it. THEY CAN FIX IT!!! MORE MACROSS!!! But June 1 and 2 of 2019? It might not come out for a while...But I can wait. I CAN WAIT!!!

Sep 23, 10:16 AM
damn i have not even seen the first movie yet because of mobile data caps lol

Sep 23, 2:40 PM

Dem idols sell good. Kawamori knows how to make money. Why not make a fine show like the original or F?
"Even if there's a wide world and stories beyond the main focus, I don't think it's necessary
to end with the protagonist having been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Sep 23, 3:37 PM

I seriously disliked Delta.
Hopefully the next new Macross is more of a balance of music, dog fights, AND plot.
And hopefully the love triangle is well developed, along with the characters.
(And lastly, please no more idol group. Just make it one or two singers, please. 😒)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.

Sep 23, 9:53 PM
News Team
Tarotist said:
But June 1 and 2 of 2019? It might not come out for a while...
There is no date for the new movie premiere yet. June 1 and 2 of next year is for the Macross live.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Sep 23, 10:15 PM
Master Expander

tsubasalover said:
Tarotist said:
But June 1 and 2 of 2019? It might not come out for a while...
There is no date for the new movie premiere yet. June 1 and 2 of next year is for the Macross live.
Exactly, which means the movie will be way later...Assuming that Satelight's got nothing big going on during Summer 2019, I can predict that the movie will come out near the end of 2019...Maybe November...

Sep 24, 11:35 AM

I heard interesting things about the first movie. Really curious how this second one will tie in with the main series.