Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Asobi Asobase Episode 12 Discussion

Oct 2, 2018 12:43 PM

Easily a 9/10 for the whole series.

Usually comedy shows get old very fast pass half way, but this show continues to sustain its comedic quality, which is very rare.

The highest score I've given to a comedy show!

This show caught me completely by surprise because I usually don't care about cute girls doing cute things slice of life show, but this show completely changes my mind.

Oct 3, 2018 6:07 PM

I really wanted to see the full Pastimers Club movie and the reactions at the festival. OVA material maybe?

Even still, we had some strong comedy this episode, such as a mafia baby, Hanako trying to liposuct Kasumi's breasts, and Fairy Tale Hell.

I was a little disappointed it just sort of ended. No "Thanks for watching Asobi Asobase!" end card or puppet segment?

Some episodes were better than others, but Asobi Asobase was a solid comedy overall.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Oct 3, 2018 8:31 PM
This Anime so fucking funny...
I laugh so much ....
And that girl so perverted, i like that,...kwkwkwkw

Oct 5, 2018 8:31 AM
Forum Moderator
Certainly one of the best comedy shows this year, if not the best. Though for that we will have to see what fall/winter have in store. This episode got me laughing, as usually.

Ero baby in beginning was really fun. I think second part was weakest this episode, and personally I liked the online game part the most. It kind of reminded me of Happy Three Friends with those cute characters killing themselves in such a fashion. Last skit was also really enjoyable. Yamada drawing weird parasites on everything was funny. Also nice touch on the ending.

Overall though I think best skit in this show was the board game that they played a few episodes back. I was always a bit fan of these crazy comedies, so I hope that we get something like this again soon.

Oct 6, 2018 3:44 PM

Battle Royale, the only way to truly end something, is to tell people your adding battle royale. But ummm... someone make that a real game please, I would so buy a game where I get to see bunnies bleed out from the head while shaking violently, struggling to live.

Anyway, with this, a fantastic and surprising little series comes to an end, it did start to get a little stale towards the second half as a lot of the joy came from the crazy interactions between the characters I wasn't expecting, but it was still a whole lot of fun. And that outro is fantastic.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Oct 7, 2018 10:20 AM

One of the funniest anime I've ever seen. Hope there's more in the future

Oct 8, 2018 11:24 AM

This anime was such a surprise! I am going to miss it! So much! 8/10

Oct 8, 2018 1:29 PM

AOTS for me, comedy was top class, characters right down to the bone were all extremely likeable. I honestly thought i would have issues with how perfectly designed and hot the characters looked initially, but their goofy personalities made them a bit more relatable, hope there'll be a s2. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Oct 8, 2018 11:03 PM

Pretty fun episode in general I must say, quite loved this as a whole with this as the ending. As the story is left very open there's always room for a sequel I must say!

In general really loved it and if they'd make a second season I'm sure I'll also will enjoy it!

Oct 9, 2018 7:26 AM
Please let there be a 2nd season ASAP! :(

Oct 9, 2018 6:45 PM

Absolutely loved this series. Freaking hilarious. Hope to see more in the future.

Oct 14, 2018 8:26 AM

AOTS initially thought it would be funny faces=funny type of anime later turned out to be genuinely hilarious.Hanako's VA is very talented if it wasn't for her performance the show wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Oct 16, 2018 10:44 AM

Show was not what I expected but overall this was a blast and was far funnier than most comedy anime.

Oct 21, 2018 11:39 AM

Usually, the comical animes I don´t like, but this series was a great surprise!!! In all the episode managed to pull out a smile!!!

The bloody online game was amazing!!! kekeke

7/10 for this season and waiting for a second ;)

Hello, my litte boy!

Oct 21, 2018 7:57 PM
Had me laughing my ass off all the way through, fantastic show 10/10.

Favorite part this episode was the drawing battle.

Nov 10, 2018 10:22 AM

Hilarious series.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"

Nov 11, 2018 6:42 AM

very fun ride even though some of the comedy was a hit and miss for me. the parts that did connected hit me pretty hard.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

Nov 17, 2018 6:20 PM

The last joke of the episode was the funniest part of the entire series, had me rolling, but otherwise this anime is pretty pale in terms of comedy. The comedy in this series reminds me of dokuro-chan in a sense that its trying way too hard to be funny. I almost dropped this in the earlier episodes, but it did get slightly better. I wouldnt mind seeing a second season.
Modified by assyrian, Nov 17, 2018 6:41 PM

Dec 1, 2018 2:57 PM
This fel so short. This series was good and incredibly epic. 00000000/10(it's just infinitum).

Dec 1, 2018 3:00 PM
This surpasses any logistic so i give it a 0 of 10 because 0 represents eternity.

Dec 10, 2018 7:01 AM

The baby scene was hilarious af , is it a baby or a perv midget ? either way i laughed my ass off. this series reminds me of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Overall score 7/10

Dec 19, 2018 6:31 AM

Lol, this show sure had some glorifying hilarious moments but, as a whole, I’d have to say it was just about fine or so.

Honestly, the extreme facial expressions were a hit and miss throughout the course of the show imo. While it made certain contents more hilarious, it also had the adverse effect of making the less hilarious contents somewhat cringeworthy and off.

Lol, the Oppai joke this episode though, Hanako sure is having a lot of trouble coming to terms with reality. xD, contents involving Maeda and the teacher were just dang ridiculous and over the top.

All in all, it was a pretty fine show with more cho-very hilarious and less of the cringeworthy moments.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 5/10
It’s a Comedy show that honestly didn’t take itself really and that really was the selling point of this show!
Thinking back now though, I must say the girls have come a long way. Nomura asking Olivia for help and that leading to the formation of this fascinating club and all the ridiculous moments since then, it really was a fun ride.
- Characterization/Character Development: 7.5/10
Intriguing characters introduced throughout the course of the show. It really was a nice hilarious bunch to watch and their varying interactions were always interesting!
- Art/Animation Scale: 6/10
Really distinctive and a unique artsyle. Sometimes it made things greater, but made it hard to watch at others, overall a hit and miss like I mentioned earlier.
- Sound Department: 7/10
Now, this was good. ED theme was definitely nice to listen to after the end of every episode and the Op have off a very misleading melodic tone to it but I liked the irony of it nevertheless. Nothing much else to say, the Voice Acting was pretty good too!
- Personal Enjoyment Scale: 7/10
It really was fun, to sum it all up! Maybe it’s just because of the art style that i was put off from the very start that I had a negative view of the show. Some of the jokes too were really borderline offensive I must say, but I’m glad they didn’t cross the boundaries but that didn’t stop from making it a little bit hard to digest. Comedy, for the most bit, was whacky hilarious and it made me lol on numerous occasions, so it definitely was worth the watch, over all!

- Overall Final Score: 6.25/10.
I was thinking of giving this show a 7, but I think a 6 ought to more accurate to reflect on my experience of the show. I’m looking forward to seeing the OVA episode later this year, and hopefully a 2nd Season if that’s ever to come!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 9, 2019 4:16 AM

That was a brilliant show overall. I'd put it in my top 10.

Feb 23, 2019 4:11 AM

That devil baby's got off pretty luckily, getting to grope and motorboat Kasumi with little to no consequence aside from having to smell Olivia's spice and miserably trying to grope the vast field of nothingness that is Hanako's chest. That freaky creature managed to be the creepiest character in the whole show right at its last episode.

It's pretty sad of Hanako to be shunned by the Boob Gods for her titty envy and to be constantly taunted by Kasumi's massive knockers that looked like it absorbed both her and Olivia's chests all at once. At least her slender AA figure makes her look good in Sarashi wraps and opens up the possibility of sneaking into Opposite Side with relative ease.

The whole anime got me laughing, chuckling, and grinning most of the time but for some reason, Maeda's all-powerful parasite sitting on the head of Mister Man made me lose it and have the most aggressive laughing session I've had in quite a while. It ended as randomly as it started and I'm glad that they added the parasites on top of their heads at the ED as a nice touch.

Mar 2, 2019 10:18 AM

One of the funniest anime I've seen. The absurd voice acting and facial expressions really made this fantastic. 9/10
:3

Mar 28, 2019 12:12 PM
I really enjoy this show - hope it will get season 2

Jul 13, 2019 10:32 AM

Good anime! Made me laugh many times LOL

7/10

Aug 8, 2019 5:14 AM

Quite underwhelming for last episode I wanted to see the 6 opposite tragedy that they mentioned in episode 10.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 8, 2019 6:22 AM
Easily the best episode of the lot since this was the only episode I laughed so hard at The Baby story that my roommate stared giving me judgy stares. Then the battle royale story began I knew that something not cute but gory was going to happen but, the moment she was shot in the head (along with there reactions) it got me so off guard that I fell from my bed along with my laptop and hence I watched the rest of the episode while on the floor holding my stomach coz It really hurts man... from all the crazy laughing..

The show was a solid 7/10 but that last episode had me rate this an 8/10

Oct 11, 2019 9:51 AM

One hell of a hilarious series, this one was!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Nov 14, 2019 8:33 PM

the baby scene was the best imo i loved this anime super funny!!

Nov 19, 2019 2:17 AM
How do we make this end?
*episode abruptly ends*

n i c e

Jan 12, 8:28 PM

10/10 even the ending was fun~
characters expressions were great, wish the series was made in better quality tho ._.

Jan 26, 5:34 AM

this show is hilarious!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]