Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 23, 2018 2:39 AM

Jul 2013
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1043795048406470656

Kinda get the feeling this will be the case. 3-cours rumour was too good to be true considering everything going on at J.C. Staff and I'm also kinda conflicted about it anyway. Hoping for the best now.

Updated: https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1048093362299928576

Now listed with a total of 26 episodes across eight Blu-ray/DVD volumes.
EasyGo-erOct 5, 2018 12:23 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2018 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
At least it’s slightly more that 24 episodes. 3 cours would’ve been too many imo
Sep 23, 2018 3:02 AM

Jan 2009
G_Spark233 said:
At least it’s slightly more that 24 episodes. 3 cours would’ve been too many imo

are you a source material reader? is the number of episodes really enough and not gonna feel rush?
Sep 23, 2018 6:01 AM
Oct 2012
VanishingKira said:
I just hope they don't attempt to adapt any of the WW3 arc and end it at the cliffhanger right before it.

Considering some parts of the PV and the interviews, they will most likely adapt everything until the end of WW3.
Sep 23, 2018 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
deg said:
G_Spark233 said:

are you a source material reader? is the number of episodes really enough and not gonna feel rush?

I haven’t read any of the material adapted but I have read what’s ahead.
Sep 23, 2018 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
Hatsushi said:
VanishingKira said:
I just hope they don't attempt to adapt any of the WW3 arc and end it at the cliffhanger right before it.

Considering some parts of the PV and the interviews, they will most likely adapt everything until the end of WW3.

Yeah, sure, but nothing is confirming that they'll be doing just that in this one season either. Miki already stated that Index III is not the only one from the new Toaru project (we can argue that the other might just be Railgun S3) but let's just wait and see first.

Sep 23, 2018 6:27 AM

Jul 2016
deg said:
is the number of episodes really enough and not gonna feel rush?
I haven't read the original novel but consider the OT still have 10 more volumes that haven't be adapt yet, I don't think 26 episodes are enough to finish the entire OT storyline. Unless if they only adapted around 4 and 6 arcs (6 to 8 volumes) into 26 episodes and release a Season 4 to adapts the reminding 1 arcs/2 volumes (World War III arc) into a 12 episodes season.

I think I will just stick with the manga adaptation if the anime is gonna be bad since the manga is way more faithful to the novel than the anime does, despite it skipped 2 arcs in the manga. (From what I heard from manga fans)

EasyGo-er said:
Yeah, sure, but nothing is confirming that they'll be doing just that in this one season either. Miki already stated that Index III is not the only one from the new Toaru project (we can argue that the other might just be Railgun S3) but let's just wait and see first.

But they also stated that Kazakiri and one of Misaka sisters will gonna appears in this season, which both of them only appeared in one arc and that's WW3 arc. So...... who's knows?
MahiaErebeaNegiSep 23, 2018 6:31 AM
Sep 23, 2018 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
Hahaha truly fuc***, sword art online gets 50 episodes, while index gets roughly have the number. Truly how unfair is the f world. F u anime industry πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Sep 23, 2018 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh, 26 episodes...wish they announced split cour of 26 instead. Oh well.
Sep 23, 2018 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
I have read the light novel and Ifind 26 episode not enough to adapt everything in a good way.
They are 9 books left to adapt.

Season 1 adapt about 6 books with some cut
Season 2 adapt 7 and half books, even if i have find the pacing a bit too fast it was ok. I haven't see any big cut.

But now we talk about 9 volumes with some of the biggest volumes of OT, I fear the pacing to be too rush and to have some cuts...

Below I have detailed what it will probably be in term of arc if they really adapt this 9 books in 26 episodes

I guess it's possible to do like this but the pacing will be really fast...
Sep 23, 2018 7:35 AM

Jul 2016
AcceleratorAngel said:
Hahaha truly fuc***, sword art online gets 50 episodes, while index gets roughly have the number. Truly how unfair is the f world. F u anime industry πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸ½

Clearly Dengeki should be the one to be blame as they're trying too hard to keep pushing the whole SAO franchise in our throat lol.
Sep 23, 2018 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Clearly Dengeki should be the one to be blame as they're trying too hard to keep pushing the whole SAO franchise in our throat lol.

And the production committee which decides the budget aka episode count
-Accelerator-

Sep 23, 2018 9:24 AM

May 2012
Not bad

2 more episodes than season 1&2
Sep 23, 2018 9:22 PM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
I’d love to see a three cour instead, but then again 2 more episodes than Season 1 and 2 is itself good news.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2018 11:56 PM
Jun 2017
oh man just 26? hope it goes well so I can finally see New Testament. read all of the source material for this
Fire Emblem anime when
Sep 24, 2018 12:04 AM

Jan 2018
26 episodes hmmm... let's see how it'll turn out.
CongintiveSep 24, 2018 12:28 AM
Sep 24, 2018 4:05 AM

Apr 2016
Hmmmm, 26 episodes
Let's see what will happen
I just hoped they will miraculously announce that there will be another cour in spring, oh I how I wish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sep 24, 2018 5:08 AM

Jul 2013
louise_sama said:
Hmmmm, 26 episodes
Let's see what will happen
I just hoped they will miraculously announce that there will be another cour in spring, oh I how I wish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Assuming they'll be doing a split-cour (big IF here), it wont be in Spring for sure. There's no point to hide another cour if it'll essentially be aired right after the 2nd-cour in Winter ala a normal 3-cour season.

Sep 27, 2018 2:01 AM
Jul 2009
My prediction is they will end at the cliff hanger and then announce a two-part movie series.
Sep 28, 2018 1:00 AM

Aug 2013
While I agree that some parts will be rushed, I think many people overestimated the content for several volumes, particularly with OT14 and OT16. Those two volumes could easily adapted with 3 or less episode.

My prediction is that they're gonna adapt all pre-London arcs in the 1st half while 2nd half will be dedicated for London and WW3.
Sep 28, 2018 6:46 AM

Nov 2013
loli_a_ravioli said:
My prediction is that they're gonna adapt all pre-London arcs in the 1st half while 2nd half will be dedicated for London and WW3.
13 episodes for London and WW3 is a disaster, still.

I think WWIII would need 15 episodes alone, so this adaptation is doomed already.
Sep 28, 2018 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
Botato said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

I think WWIII would need 15 episodes alone, so this adaptation is doomed already.

They already shows key moments of WW3. I'm not delusional enough to think that they're gonna preserve a whole cour just for WW3, even if I prefer it to be like that.

Tbh I think all these rushing is that they want to focus on future NT adaptations since iirc originally the Index team had wanted to skip the remainder of OT volumes a la TWGOK (which was utterly stupid and idiotic that they even considered it)
Sep 28, 2018 11:08 PM

Nov 2013
loli_a_ravioli said:
Botato said:

They already shows key moments of WW3. I'm not delusional enough to think that they're gonna preserve a whole cour just for WW3, even if I prefer it to be like that.
I'm aware. I was just saying the adaptation will not be good regardless.

Tbh I think all these rushing is that they want to focus on future NT adaptations
Yeah pretty much what I think. Especially now that NT seems to be in the endgame, tho there will probably be another sequel.

since iirc originally the Index team had wanted to skip the remainder of OT volumes a la TWGOK (which was utterly stupid and idiotic that they even considered it)
That sounds really stupid @_@
Sep 29, 2018 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Rushing of the material may be avoidable if there are episodes that are double the length of a normal one(so 44-50 mins) which is highly unlikely. Who knows...
Sep 30, 2018 5:30 AM

Apr 2018
Number of 2 cour anime is increasing
Sep 30, 2018 5:39 AM

Jul 2012
So it is confirmed, thought it was just a rumor and didn't want to believe. Welp, then ready for the disaster. I love Index universe, but thought that even 36 episodes might've been not enough. + Still so little was shown about British Royal arc, i feel like that's kinda the sign that the arc might get rushed very badly. Fiamma's fight and arc in Russia overall is still my favorite in the series, but i also love the arc in England. 5 days only to wait, i still believe, want to believe ...
Sep 30, 2018 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
I want to note something and despite not reading the Index novels, I've heard that pre-Index seasons were rushed in some shape or form but still maintained the story and shiz, so depending they might either do the same just like the pre-index installments.

I can't say for certain.

Also, I think if anyone wants to blame anything its Dengeki for most. Aside from the committee which only gives the money, Dengeki are in charge of both SAO and Index titles since they're the publishers iirc? but either way, still.
Sep 30, 2018 5:35 PM
Aug 2018
how the hfll dose this get a third season but Tokyo ravens can't get a compete ending
Sep 30, 2018 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
"confrimed." this source is i heard from a guy who heard form a guy who heard from a guy.

so i will wait however, my pitch fork is still on standby.

@EasyGo-er

from the source website

[UPDATE 09.23.18] -  I’m seeing a lot of concern over this episode count list. My original source are from those on Weibo who have a great track record. But since there’s this much worry over this, I’m going to label it as “unconfirmed.” I still believe in my sources, but this would be the correct thing to do.

steven_davis said:
how the hfll dose this get a third season but Tokyo ravens can't get a compete ending

because the Light novel is one of japans all time best sellers.
GrimAtramentSep 30, 2018 7:33 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 1, 2018 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
steven_davis said:

As the guy from above said this is one of the best selling Light novel. Don't know anything about Tokyo ravnes LN, i liked manga adaptation, but the anime adaptation was just pure trash ... I was so dissapointed after watching the adaptation. So i don't know if there's even a point to continue/end it and i feel like TR's time is long gone. Could've been said about Index also, but it does still have lots of fans, if the season will turn out good and sells well, people want NT to be adapted also.
Oct 1, 2018 8:02 PM

Jan 2017
Pretty hyped for this, hoping they can make this at least on par with the previous index seasons
Oct 2, 2018 2:20 AM

Jan 2018
26 doesn’t sound too bad if we get a railgun 3
Oct 2, 2018 3:30 AM

Jul 2012
Maityoman said:
allenjke said:

As the guy from above said this is one of the best selling Light novel. Don't know anything about Tokyo ravnes LN, i liked manga adaptation, but the anime adaptation was just pure trash ... I was so dissapointed after watching the adaptation. So i don't know if there's even a point to continue/end it and i feel like TR's time is long gone. Could've been said about Index also, but it does still have lots of fans, if the season will turn out good and sells well, people want NT to be adapted also.

Index used to be the biggest light novel series back in the day. I still think it's actually the best selling of all time. I hope it can make a comeback and dethrone SAO. But that probably won't happen. As long as we get more NT adaptations and some more Railgun and Accelerator anime then I'm happy.

I'm hoping this 26 episode rumour is fake and it's actually 36 episodes. Please God.

I don't think Index can dethrone SAO, well tbat anything can dethrone SAO ... I like SAO also, but the 2nd season was just bad. Apparently it didn't affect it at all (mb a bit). Just hope for Index to success and first and foremost is that it needs to be at least 36 episodes.
Oct 2, 2018 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
26 Episodes means either we stop at vol 20 which is super blue ball, or we rush through OT with a very bad season.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Oct 3, 2018 6:20 AM
Aug 2016
ap1001 said:
26 Episodes means either we stop at vol 20 which is super blue ball, or we rush through OT with a very bad season.

It’s going to be hard to adapt 9 volumes in 26 episodes without having to rush or cut out some details.
Oct 3, 2018 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
You know what, though? We have to be thankful for even getting a third season in the first place after so long...it's been like 9 years or so, barring the Railgun side-story series. It's better than nothing, and worst case scenario would be them butchering more than just pacing, tbh
Oct 4, 2018 12:35 AM

Jun 2012
Aw damn! I hope they don't rush it... to adapt all of it it would need to be a 3-cour...

To do nice cover of the arcs there 4 episodes per arc... well except English Civil War Arc that is in 2 volumes it should be at least 8 episodes and WWIII should be 12-15 episodes. In total I wish there could be 36-39 episodes. But since there are 26 episodes I hope it ends on the Dragon arc and don't got to WWIII
Oct 4, 2018 1:13 PM

May 2015
Index S1 was OK... Index S2 was mediocre... I can’t say anything regarding Index S3, but it is looking to be on par with S2, and maybe worse if they rush it (which it is most likely what’s gonna happen at this point; let’s not delude ourselves). I was really hoping for a changed of director, but nope (that by itself it is already discouraging). Also, the fact they didn’t released a 2nd PV is kinda worrisome (after the 1st PV, we got 3 characters’ PVs with footage from the previous series for whatever reason(s)… I’d be fine with that as long as they had used new footage from the new series, but nope…. old footage it is).

Anyhow, I believe Dengeki wants to be over with the OT LNs (22 Volumes, 2004-2010, finished) already, so they can start working on a possible adaptation of the NT LNs (20 Volumes, 2011-ongoing) before those LNs reach their end as well (which might come sooner than later). The longer the wait, the most difficult it is to find funding for a project, especially those projects based on old LNs (most investors would rather invest in projects that would promote something new than old). Also, I doubt DVD/BD sales would be as high as they were in the past. I can already see a big drop on those sales, and I’m pretty sure Dengeki knows that.

Expectations are always on check, so I hope whatever they decide to do/adapt, at least let it be decent. That’s all...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 4, 2018 2:42 PM
Oct 2018
zero-r said:
Index S1 was OK... Index S2 was mediocre... I can’t say anything regarding Index S3, but it is looking to be on par with S2, and maybe worse if they rush it (which it is most likely what’s gonna happen at this point; let’s not delude ourselves). I was really hoping for a changed of director, but nope (that by itself it is already discouraging). Also, the fact they didn’t released a 2nd PV is kinda worrisome (after the 1st PV, we got 3 characters’ PVs with footage from the previous series for whatever reason(s)… I’d be fine with that as long as they had used new footage from the new series, but nope…. old footage it is).

Anyhow, I believe Dengeki wants to be over with the OT LNs (22 Volumes, 2004-2010, finished) already, so they can start working on a possible adaptation of the NT LNs (20 Volumes, 2011-ongoing) before those LNs reach their end as well (which might come sooner than later). The longer the wait, the most difficult it is to find funding for a project, especially those projects based on old LNs (most investors would rather invest in projects that would promote something new than old). Also, I doubt DVD/BD sales would be as high as they were in the past. I can already see a big drop on those sales, and I’m pretty sure Dengeki knows that.

Expectations are always on check, so I hope whatever they decide to do/adapt, at least let it be decent. That’s all...

I think we will never get a anime Version of the NT when season 3 sucks and it will i can feel it
Oct 4, 2018 7:31 PM

Feb 2013
steven_davis said:

Is this a joke?
Season III has been anticipated for like 7 years.
If anything, you should be wondering how highschool dxd gets so many seasons
Oct 4, 2018 7:45 PM

Nov 2017
26 season was enough for index... why? bcause it was enough for vol 14 to 22.

Major spoiler vv Clixk as your own risk.
Now Loading.....
Oct 4, 2018 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
I wish it was 4 cours like SAO III. It would be more amazing. I've been waiting for years for this and its finally coming!
Oct 5, 2018 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
hazarddex said:
"confrimed." this source is i heard from a guy who heard form a guy who heard from a guy.

so i will wait however, my pitch fork is still on standby.

@EasyGo-er

from the source website

[UPDATE 09.23.18] -  I’m seeing a lot of concern over this episode count list. My original source are from those on Weibo who have a great track record. But since there’s this much worry over this, I’m going to label it as “unconfirmed.” I still believe in my sources, but this would be the correct thing to do.

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1048093362299928576

Now listed with a total of 26 episodes across eight Blu-ray/DVD volumes.

Oct 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Jul 2016
zero-r said:
Also, the fact they didn’t released a 2nd PV is kinda worrisome (after the 1st PV, we got 3 characters’ PVs with footage from the previous series for whatever reason(s)… I’d be fine with that as long as they had used new footage from the new series, but nope…. old footage it is).

And the most closest thing we have is a 15 second commercial of Index III with a few new screens and characters dialog presumes from first 3 episodes. (Filler screen that anime director referring, Mikoto tries to calls Touma, Oyafune Monaka talking about Roman Crunch, and Itsuwa vs Terra) I also found it odd that they never releases a PV2 consider they has been working on the anime for at least 1 years, and yet all they did was just releases a brunch of figures and did some unnecessary characters "AMVs" for some reason.
Oct 5, 2018 1:18 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
zero-r said:
Also, the fact they didn’t released a 2nd PV is kinda worrisome (after the 1st PV, we got 3 characters’ PVs with footage from the previous series for whatever reason(s)… I’d be fine with that as long as they had used new footage from the new series, but nope…. old footage it is).

And the most closest thing we have is a 15 second commercial of Index III with a few new screens and characters dialog presumes from first 3 episodes. (Filler screen that anime director referring, Mikoto tries to calls Touma, Oyafune Monaka talking about Roman Crunch, and Itsuwa vs Terra) I also found it odd that they never releases a PV2 consider they has been working on the anime for at least 1 years, and yet all they did was just releases a brunch of figures and did some unnecessary characters "AMVs" for some reason.

But remember it was the same with railgun s, it only got a tv ad nothing more, thr sisters wasnt previewed, and major characters such as touma or accelerator did not even get a teaser or did appear in any teaser material. Lets save the judgment after a few episodes. At least were getting something, even if its at most highlight scroll from the novels as it seems with the episode count.
-Accelerator-

Oct 5, 2018 1:41 AM

Jul 2008
When season 1 and 2 aired, the whole split cour trend hadn’t really begun yet. Shows generally just aired straight through beginning to end with no break. If a show got a 2nd season, it was later on and not the whole one season break between cour deals, So maybe, just maybe, they will do a split cour of 26 episodes, season break, and finish it up with a 2nd season (season 4) of 12/13 episodes. Another possibility could be getting a season 3 of rail gun and then a season 4 of index, since that was airing order for the first 4 seasons of a toaru material.
Oct 12, 2018 1:59 PM

Sep 2008

Already lost hope. 1st ep was mostly anime original, they should've punched terra out in ep2 and he just got introduced at the end of the episode...
ι¦¬ιΉΏγ’γŸε€«η†γ€€ε…¨ιƒ¨γ‚¬γƒ©γ‚―γ‚Ώγ§
Oct 12, 2018 8:27 PM
Oct 2018
After, eps 1 & 2, I doubt that they will covers all OT arc in 26 eps with this pace. If they want rush, JC should be remove filler scene, styl introgration, and accel scene inside airplane.
Oct 12, 2018 9:23 PM
Jun 2017
I’m positive this anime will end on the ww3 arc. Seems like it from the trailers and the opening.
Oct 13, 2018 2:41 AM

Apr 2014
Otaku__Life said:
I’m positive this anime will end on the ww3 arc. Seems like it from the trailers and the opening.

Remeber season 2 of the anime showed terra and aqua with their weapons, and magic style which should have been book 14 and 16, but they only covered up to ss1. So it should be save to assume that theyre going to do the same thing this time. Alone that they give terras arc more than 2 episodes is a sign that were getting more Exposition. Terras arc was the easiest one to compress into only 2 or 1 episode. So lets see and wait. Besides the opening of index III heavely features the battle royale arc, at the least this arc will get more than 3 episodes im sure of it.
-Accelerator-

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.