Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2018 8:51 PM
Mar 2016
I get frustrated at them missing out on so many non-shounen/non-action anime. It's like they never got out of shounen phase and still chant about Goku and Narooto.
Everything they watch has to be in realm of dumbed-down action show (except death note maybe).
I think this dislike is ignited by MHA fans. Like, okay maybe this anime is good but stop calling it the best when you didn't even watch other anime.

I would like to know that I am not the only one.

p.s no hate on shounen anime tho.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2018 8:54 PM

Jan 2009
im neutral about them since i understand not all people have the time and motivation to watch more, and im sure the anime industry does not care since they are potential customers waiting to be lured in too
Sep 22, 2018 8:57 PM

Oct 2014
I have a friend who in general, always looks down on anime. Except Pokemon and DBZ. Makes jokes about it being gay weeb shit, but he's a passionate WWE fan as if that doesn't have anything to poke at.

It's not about it being 'weeb shit' or them being 'normies', people being dismissive in general is annoying. Doesn't bother me that much, as with him it's good banter.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Sep 22, 2018 9:16 PM
Apr 2018
I don't think there's anything wrong with only watching the more popular anime, so long as they actually enjoy it and aren't just watching it to "fit in."

Elitists are way worse, tbh. Let people like what they like.
Sep 22, 2018 9:30 PM

Aug 2016
veloursrouge said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with only watching the more popular anime, so long as they actually enjoy it and aren't just watching it to "fit in."

I don't know about that. Generalizing elitists into one group as if they all act the same is weird. I'm an elitist and I like normies. And I don't even mean that in a condascending way as to imply I like looking down on them.

Rather, I like listening to what they enjoy in other fiction mediums so I can recommend them something they enjoy. One of my closest friends who is a normie had never seen Bebop becausd people kept praising it as this masterpiece (which it is) and treating him like he's an idiot for never seeing it. Mind you that's an opinion even normies had towards non Bebop fans.

So I explained to him why I enjoyed it, compared it to films he enjoyed. Showed him Asimov fight scene with Spike with the music swelling in the background, and then we spent the next week binging about 4_5 episodes a day. And it was awesome. He welled up in tears at the parts most people do and we both had something to talk about at the end of every episode.

By the end of the series he wanted me to recommend him so more I thought he'd enjoy and its that I get to share my favorites with him.

Now he's seen Megazone 23, Hajime no Ippo, Baki, One Outs and much more.

I think popular anime are the ones that end up having such a wide target audience and plays onto to already established story telling norms, tropes, themes and ideas.

If you want a normie to get into more obscure anime, its an elitist's job to properly argue why it's worth their time. Some do it by belittling others (reverse psychology is effective for some people) and some elitists are just good at understanding what others want and recommend base shows that they enjoy that they also believe normies would enjoy.

But being an elitist isn't bad. Being steadfast in your tastes and opinions is actually admirable. And most elitists start out as normies who had to rely on a combination of fishing around torrents or the recommendations of others...some of whom were elitists.
Sep 22, 2018 9:31 PM

Oct 2017
Your criticism is rather invalid and dumb.
Sep 22, 2018 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
tbh i find it kind of normie to have disgust towards normies lol

though i guess i can understand.
but not really on the internet.. considering how many people you have to talk with.

I just understand cuz it reminds me of entering highschool in 2000... having already spent like.. a thousand bucks or so on various anime..

And alls the nerds ever talkeds abouts was dbz.

tbh i didn't associate with them. I just thought it was typical.
I didn't hate them, i just found it frustrating.

You should find some other place for your hatred. Just because you found some good seinen doesn't mean you're better than them.

Why not try and introduce them to some of your favorite seinen instead.

Somali_Strawhat said:
veloursrouge said:

I don't know about that. Generalizing elitists into one group as if they all act the same is weird. I'm an elitist and I like normies. And I don't even mean that in a condascending way as to imply I like looking down on them.

Rather, I like listening to what they enjoy in other fiction mediums so I can recommend them something they enjoy. One of my closest friends who is a normie had never seen Bebop becausd people kept praising it as this masterpiece (which it is) and treating him like he's an idiot for never seeing it. Mind you that's an opinion even normies had towards non Bebop fans.

So I explained to him why I enjoyed it, compared it to films he enjoyed. Showed him Asimov fight scene with Spike with the music swelling in the background, and then we spent the next week binging about 4_5 episodes a day. And it was awesome. He welled up in tears at the parts most people do and we both had something to talk about at the end of every episode.

By the end of the series he wanted me to recommend him so more I thought he'd enjoy and its that I get to share my favorites with him.

I think popular anime are the ones that end up having such a wide target audience and plays onto to already established story telling norms, tropes, themes and ideas.

If you want a normie to get into more obscure anime, its an elitist's job to properly argue why it's worth their time. Some do it by belittling others (reverse psychology is effective for some people) and some elitists are just good at understanding what others want and recommend base shows that they enjoy that they also believe normies would enjoy.

But being an elitist isn't bad. Being steadfast in your tastes and opinions is actually admirable. And most elitists start out as normies who had to rely on a combination of fishing around torrents or the recommendations of others...some of whom were elitists.

despite calling yourself an elitist, this is pretty spot on. idk what makes you think you're an elitist. idk people say i'm an elitist sometimes, but i just don't like the term in general cuz it normally always has negative connotations and is associated with pride.

but I actually had this exact same experience with cowboy bebop(sort of). My best friend is a normie who has a strong distaste for anime, but regards cowboy bebop as a masterpiece(as well as various ghibli films)...
I know what he likes and doesn't like, but he generally stops at bebop and ghibli.
I've introduced him to many anime that he genuinely likes, but never ends up finishing. He just doesn't like anime lol.

removed-userSep 22, 2018 10:18 PM
Sep 22, 2018 10:11 PM
Apr 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
veloursrouge said:

You're right.

When I said elitist, I should have emphasized that I meant the ones who look down on "normies" for choosing not to watch obscure anime. There's nothing wrong with being an elitist, but there is something wrong with judging other people's tastes in anime.
Sep 22, 2018 10:20 PM

Aug 2016
jarring said:

but not really on the internet.. considering how many people you have to talk with.

I just understand cuz it reminds me of entering highschool in 2000... having already spent like.. a thousand bucks or so on various anime..

You should find some other place for your hatred. Just because you found some good seinen doesn't mean you're better than them.

Somali_Strawhat said:

despite calling yourself an elitist, this is pretty spot on. idk what makes you think you're an elitist. idk people say i'm an elitist sometimes, but i just don't like the term in general cuz it normally always has negative connotations and is associated with pride.

but I actually had this exact same experience with cowboy bebop(sort of). My best friend is a normie who has a strong distaste for anime, but regards cowboy bebop as a masterpiece(as well as various ghibli films)...
I know what he likes and doesn't like, and there are anime that he likes, but never ends up finishing anyways.
He generally stops at bebop and ghibli.
I've introduced him to many anime that he genuinely likes, but never ends up finishing. He just doesn't like anime lol.

I'm self aware since I know how much fun finding new anime that I enjoy and I would be arrogant to think that made me a better person or something.

That said, I DO think I'm more informed as a result. I have pride in my tastes. I love debating with other elitists with thicker skin over why their show ain't shit. And I also love shooting down recommmendations of friends who I know have shit taste in anime for fun.

Why? Because I'm confident that my opinions are valid and I like to believe that I curate anime of the highest quality. Is that actually true? Hardly. Since quality is subjective.

But I like to think my criteria for good quality is not even when it is.

And most of my normie friends are only Ghibli fans. Again, not a bad thing. Anime isn't for everyone. Some normie friends are only into popular shounen. Cool. Thats how I was when I first got in. I rewatched the first vhs of Steet Fighter II V until it messed up and I had to pay the rental store full price for it. And since it was damaged my Mom tossed it out. So I ended paying full price for something that ended up in the trash. But I don't regret seeing the same 3 episodes over a 100 times since thats one of the reasons I got into anime in the first place lmao

veloursrouge said:

You're right.

When I said elitist, I should have emphasized that I meant the ones who look down on "normies" for choosing not to watch obscure anime. There's nothing wrong with being an elitist, but there is something wrong with judging other people's tastes in anime.

And yeah, if I can't convince someone to watch a show that I like using logic, persuasion and an understanding of what I liked about the series, it doesn't matter if the person is a normie or not.

Because it means I either don't have as much understanding of the show's appeal as I thought I did, or the show was never meant for them to begin with.

Some people think watching thousands of anime ymto completion makes them an elitist. But if I only enjoyed a small fraction of those I'd just be pissed as to how much time I wasted. That isn't something to be proud of. If watching thousands of bad anime helped someone clearly learn their criteria for good anime, that's more valuable. And there's enjoyment in understanding your own tastes
Somali_StrawhatSep 22, 2018 10:30 PM
Sep 22, 2018 10:21 PM

Nov 2017
i dont know what is the meaning of normies... so i dont know
Now Loading.....
Sep 22, 2018 10:23 PM

Aug 2017
Ummmm my profile pic replied to this thread...

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!
Sep 22, 2018 10:25 PM

May 2009
So...

Isn't this thread basically just yet another example of defining "normie" as "people who are closer to what I think is the mainstream, than myself"?

Because otherwise I can't think of any consistent definition for the term.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 22, 2018 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
jarring said:

I know what he likes and doesn't like, and there are anime that he likes, but never ends up finishing anyways.
He generally stops at bebop and ghibli.

I'm self aware since I know how much fun finding new anime that I enjoy and I would be arrogant to think that made me a better person or something.

That said, I DO think I'm more informed as a result. I have pride in my tastes. I love debating with other elitists with thicker skin over why their show ain't shit. And I also love shooting down recommmendations of friends who I know have shit taste in anime for fun.

Why? Because I'm confident that my opinions are valid and I like to believe that I curate anime of the highest quality. Is that actually true? Hardly. Since quality is subjective.

But I like to think my criteria for good quality is not even when it is.

And most of my normie friends are only Ghibli fans. Again, not a bad thing. Anime isn't for everyone. Some normie friends are only into popular shounen. Cool. Thats how I was when I first got in. I rewatched the first vhs of Steet Fighter II V until it messed up and I had to pay the rental store full price for it. And since it was damaged my Mom tossed it out. So I ended paying full price for something that ended up in the trash. But I don't regret seeing the same 3 episodes over a 100 times since thats one of the reasons I got into anime in the first place lmao

lol interesting. there was only one anime i repeatedly rented from blockbuster on vhs.. plastic little. absolute trash anime but the creator was dubbed "the master of breasts" for a reason. the amount of frames on those jiggles were outstanding, and that bath scene was fucking epic. I was 12 years old in 1998, damn straight I watched the fuck out of that. lol

I'm just not too big into "pride" and though i can see eye to eye on a lot of things you say here.. i just don't like to take too much pride in anything. tunnel vision is a bitch. I like to TRY to stay self-aware in the subjective area... if you know what i mean. TRY anyways. i'm not always successful, but it's always my goal, which is why i don't consider myself an elitist.
Sep 22, 2018 10:36 PM

Aug 2016
I feel you on that. Lmfao, the master of breasts hahahsha

And yeah, I think we're on the same page but with different definitions on what makes an elitist. Pride comes before the fall but self respect is worth more than sitting through 3 seasons of Overlord. In my humble opinion. Not that people who watched and like Overlord have no self respect. I just felt I lost some after trying to understand what people like about the series by catching up on it from the very beginning and gaining nothing out of it.
Sep 22, 2018 10:38 PM

May 2009
bondtux said:
i dont know what is the meaning of normies... so i dont know
Whoops, somehow I missed this post when I posted earlier.

Basically, yeah, it doesn't really have a definition, other than "people who are more mainstream than me".

Like, it's the opposite of "hipster", in a way.
Sep 22, 2018 10:39 PM

Aug 2016
Honestly, I don't care enough about them to hate.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 22, 2018 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
Why would anyone hate normies?
Let them be srsly. How childish.

Unlike some people, other people can only watch so much anime. If they only got time for shounen, why not. If they only like shounen, why not. If they claim it's the best anime out there even though they only watched like 5 anime, nobody care lmao.
Sep 22, 2018 10:42 PM

May 2009
I wonder how many people think I'm a normie because I don't like anime fanservice, or because I ignore seasonals, or because I don't watch like ten shows a season.

Not that I care either way. If they do, that'd just amuse me more.
Sep 22, 2018 10:46 PM

Oct 2013
Not at all. Let people watch what they want. If they want to branch out from shounen series,they'll do it in their own time. I did eventually.
Sep 22, 2018 10:52 PM

Nov 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Basically, yeah, it doesn't really have a definition, other than "people who are more mainstream than me".

For a second, i was though normies are a people who dont watch anime or something that i found it in Urban Dictionary, it sounds : "Normie" refers to people who use popular social media and believes the popular opinion.

if the definition of normie was sounded like on UD.... then, i have 0 seconds to dislikes'em
Now Loading.....
Sep 22, 2018 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:

And yeah, I think we're on the same page but with different definitions on what makes an elitist. Pride comes before the fall but self respect is worth more than sitting through 3 seasons of Overlord. In my humble opinion. Not that people who watched and like Overlord have no self respect. I just felt I lost some after trying to understand what people like about the series by catching up on it from the very beginning and gaining nothing out of it.

lol i like overlord. :P
my anime addiction was pretty genuine at first, but it eventually became fueled by depression and an opiate addiction. I watch pretty much anything if it keeps my attention. as i said in another thread, I typically keep up with about 30 anime at a time, and atm overlord is pretty high on that list.
my "otaku" nature is nothing to be proud of in my eyes, if you catch my drift.
i don't really like being one.
and i generally try to have nothing but respect for "normies"...try to put myself in their shoes...
but sometimes..or rather quite often there are "elitists" who look down on others, and in my eyes i see them as "normies"
or elitists who are very much posers. lol like it's so painfully obvious it's distressing to me. I made a whole thread about it.
Sep 22, 2018 11:07 PM

May 2009
bondtux said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

For a second, i was though normies are a people who dont watch anime or something that i found it in Urban Dictionary, it sounds : "Normie" refers to people who use popular social media and believes the popular opinion.

if the definition of normie was sounded like on UD.... then, i have 0 seconds to dislikes'em
Well, fundamentally, the term "normie" is used to refer to someone else who is more "normal".

Ever heard that old joke about the term "yankee"? "To a foreigner, a Yankee is an American; to a southerner, a Yankee is a northerner; to a northerner, a Yankee is a person from New England; to a New Englander, a Yankee is from Vermont; to a Vermonter, a Yankee is someone who has apple pie for breakfast."

Basically the same thing is happening.

To the anime fandom as a whole, a "normie" is someone who doesn't like anime. To a longtime fan, a "normie" is someone who only knows SAO/MHA/Naruto. To a sub fan, a "normie" is someone who likes dubs. To someone who unironically talks about enjoying ecchi, a "normie" is someone who doesn't like anime fanservice. To an elitist, a "normie" is someone who hasn't seen enough of a very limited list of "true classics". And so on.
Sep 22, 2018 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
bondtux said:

Well, fundamentally, the term "normie" is used to refer to someone else who is more "normal".

Ever heard that old joke about the term "yankee"? "To a foreigner, a Yankee is an American; to a southerner, a Yankee is a northerner; to a northerner, a Yankee is a person from New England; to a New Englander, a Yankee is from Vermont; to a Vermonter, a Yankee is someone who has apple pie for breakfast."

To the anime fandom as a whole, a "normie" is someone who doesn't like anime. To a longtime fan, a "normie" is someone who only knows SAO/MHA/Naruto. To a sub fan, a "normie" is someone who likes dubs. To someone who unironically talks about enjoying ecchi, a "normie" is someone who doesn't like anime fanservice. To an elitist, a "normie" is someone who hasn't seen enough of a very limited list of "true classics". And so on.

What if you watch both subs and dubs? like.. i watch mostly subs, but i absolutely cherish what few dubs that come out? lol.
I think of sub elitists as normies :P
Sep 22, 2018 11:17 PM

Jul 2017
I have no opinions against or with normies.
Sep 22, 2018 11:37 PM

Aug 2016
jarring said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

my anime addiction was pretty genuine at first, but it eventually became fueled by depression and an opiate addiction. I watch pretty much anything if it keeps my attention. as i said in another thread, I typically keep up with about 30 anime at a time, and atm overlord is pretty high on that list.
and i generally try to have nothing but respect for "normies"...try to put myself in their shoes...
but sometimes..or rather quite often there are "elitists" who look down on others, and in my eyes i see them as "normies"
or elitists who are very much posers. lol like it's so painfully obvious it's distressing to me. I made a whole thread about it.

I don't know what its like dealing with addiction, but if you've gotten through the worst of it than more power to you. If not, I hope you find the strength to do since you seem pretty cool.

But I get distracting yourself via anime to escape depression. And just because I don't understand Overlord's appeal doesn't mean I think people who like it are lesser than me ir something. I totally understand watching something for pure entertainment.

One of my favorite movies is the Transporter. Pure action, thin story, no change in the MC beyond the superficial. Yet its well shot and well choreographed which is more than what I can say for a ton of action films. Plus the soundtrack sounds dated in a good way to reflect the movie's cheesiness and adds to the feeling of how different tje world was like at the time of the film's recording.

But I don't think you should be ashamed of being an otaku. If you found an creative outlet that could allow you to utilize your experience and knowledge on accumulated various anime viewings I'm sure you'd find that accomplishing something you could've only done as an otaku is worthy of respect.

Again, me personally, I love being called an elitist. It means I'm someone who's tailored a criteria through experience and information through various sources, as well observations through interacting with other fans and non fans alike, all to curate the most quality taste in anime.

And since quality is subjective, and tastes change over time, its a futile endeavor in the end. But I wouldn't say its meaningless.
Sep 22, 2018 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
jarring said:

I don't know what its like dealing with addiction, but if you've gotten through the worst of it than more power to you. If not, I hope you find the strength to do since you seem pretty cool.

But I get distracting yourself via anime to escape depression. And just because I don't understand Overlord's appeal doesn't mean I think people who like it are lesser than me ir something. I totally understand watching something for pure entertainment.

One of my favorite movies is the Transporter. Pure action, thin story, no change in the MC beyond the superficial. Yet its well shot and well choreographed which is more than what I can say for a ton of action films. Plus the soundtrack sounds dated in a good way to reflect the movie's cheesiness and adds to the feeling of how different tje world was like at the time of the film's recording.

But I don't think you should be ashamed of being an otaku. If you found an creative outlet that could allow you to utilize your experience and knowledge on accumulated various anime viewings I'm sure you'd find that accomplishing something you could've only done as an otaku is worthy of respect.

Again, me personally, I love being called an elitist. It means I'm someone who's tailored a criteria through experience and information through various sources, as well observations through interacting with other fans and non fans alike, all to curate the most quality taste in anime.

And since quality is subjective, and tastes change over time, its a futile endeavor in the end. But I wouldn't say its meaningless.

Well, other than having to pay 600$ a month for suboxone, i've gotten through the hard part lol.. I mean i've tried quitting cold turkey several times and it never works. Let me tell you, opiate/heroin withdrawals is the worst feeling on this earth.

Transporter.. Jason Statham is great. actually, the russian girl in transporter 3 is fucking hot as hell... i wanted to do her so bad lol. that scene where "hell is round the corner" by tricky comes on sold me so hard. I loved that girl lol.

idk about the whole outlet thing.. just talking about it on forums is as far as i've ever gone.. People have suggested that I do some kind of podcast or youtube thing, but i don't think i have the ego for it.
Sep 22, 2018 11:46 PM

May 2009
jarring said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

What if you watch both subs and dubs? like.. i watch mostly subs, but i absolutely cherish what few dubs that come out? lol.
I think of sub elitists as normies :P
Then you're me!

......waitaminute...

Do you watch subs and dubs AT THE SAME TIME??? If not, you're now a normie. Definition++
Sep 22, 2018 11:48 PM

Jan 2017
Quite neutral about them. They're at least people who watch anime that needs guidance about other anime genres.
Sep 22, 2018 11:48 PM

Nov 2016
MHA is awesome
Naruto is the awesome
but FMAB is the best
Sep 22, 2018 11:50 PM

Mar 2015
I really don't care what kind of chinese cartoons others watch.
Sep 22, 2018 11:50 PM

Feb 2018
I hate them about as much as I hate all other people.
Sep 22, 2018 11:51 PM

Aug 2016
jarring said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

Well, other than having to pay 600$ a month for suboxone, i've gotten through the hard part lol.. I mean i've tried quitting cold turkey several times and it never works. Let me tell you, opiate/heroin withdrawals is the worst feeling on this earth.

Transporter.. Jason Statham is great. actually, the russian girl in transporter 3 is fucking hot as hell... i wanted to do her so bad lol. that scene where "hell is round the corner" by tricky comes on sold me so hard. I loved that girl lol.

idk about the whole outlet thing.. just talking about it on forums is as far as i've ever gone.. People have suggested that I do some kind of podcast or youtube thing, but i don't think i have the ego for it.

Shit man, at least you're trying. East coast opiate epidemic is ridiculous. Some of the people I grew up with are dead and buried as a result. If you can fight heroin addiction with a sense of humor you've got more than enough confidence to state your opinions supplemented by audio and visuals.

And the russian lady is sexy. But not nearly as sexy as the Milf from the second movie lmao
Sep 22, 2018 11:59 PM

Apr 2018
Everyone has their opinions.. You don't need to hate on them. You just ignore what you don't like
Sep 23, 2018 12:02 AM

Feb 2018
Pretty sure i’m basically a normie so.....
Sep 23, 2018 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
jarring said:

Shit man, at least you're trying. East coast opiate epidemic is ridiculous. Some of the people I grew up with are dead and buried as a result. If you can fight heroin addiction with a sense of humor you've got more than enough confidence to state your opinions supplemented by audio and visuals.

And the russian lady is sexy. But not nearly as sexy as the Milf from the second movie lmao

shit, i should be dead with the amount of fentanyl i've ingested. worst mistake of my life. not even a question.

i was all about that redhair and freckles on that hot ass face.. thing of beauty. and so fucking exotic. so friggin rare to find a girl that looks that hot with so many freckles.
oh my god it makes my heart full just thinking about it lol

it's also a matter of anxiety though. i have some extreme anxiety, and no amount of benzos would be able to help it.

there are certain games i absolutely loved i can't even play anymore because of how hard they were on my nerves. Couldn't do the arena in WoW and had to quit playing dota 2 altogether. :X
Sep 23, 2018 12:23 AM

Aug 2016
jarring said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

shit, i should be dead with the amount of fentanyl i've ingested. worst mistake of my life. not even a question.

i was all about that redhair and freckles on that hot ass face.. thing of beauty. and so fucking exotic. so friggin rare to find a girl that looks that hot with so many freckles.

it's also a matter of anxiety though. i have some extreme anxiety, and no amount of benzos would be able to help it.

there are certain games i absolutely loved i can't even play anymore because of how hard they were on my nerves. Couldn't do the arena in WoW and had to quit playing dota 2 altogether. :X

Well how about this? Send me a script of something you think has value to you, and want to share with others. I'll read it. And share my opinions so we can discuss the topic together. I won't judge or criticize you either. So the level of anxiety might be considerably less than a competitive online video game with a clear distinction for winners and losers.

In this scenario its a win win. You get to distract yourself in a way that sharpens your creative writing. Its also 0 pressure since I won't share it with anyone. And regardless of whether or not I agree, you still have someone to talk to about something you were passionate about to write your opinion on it, and I get to discuss your opinion with a full understanding of why you felt that way.

No pressure, your choice either way. But I just don't think being an Otaku is something to be ashamed about. Tarantino is a movie otaku and look where not going tp film school got him.

And the fact that you are capable of understanding you have a long way to go to get to where you want to be is humbling. Seriously, you seem more interesting than most anitubers I watch.

And I get you about the redheaded freckle aesthetic on a russian. But the MILF is about much more than the MILF. You end up cucking her husband, while scarring tje kid for life without any responsibility. That's why being a motherfucker is a compliment. It means you're unstoppable tornado wrecking homes without a care in the world.

Whats more badass than that...LMFAO
Sep 23, 2018 12:26 AM

Mar 2017
not as much as elitists and feminist cunts
Sep 23, 2018 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
jarring said:

Well how about this? Send me a script of something you think has value to you, and want to share with others. I'll read it. And share my opinions so we can discuss the topic together. I won't judge or criticize you either. So the level of anxiety might be considerably less than a competitive online video game with a clear distinction for winners and losers.

In this scenario its a win win. You get to distract yourself in a way that sharpens your creative writing. Its also 0 pressure since I won't share it with anyone. And regardless of whether or not I agree, you still have someone to talk to about something you were passionate about to write your opinion on it, and I get to discuss your opinion with a full understanding of why you felt that way.

No pressure, your choice either way. But I just don't think being an Otaku is something to be ashamed about. Tarantino is a movie otaku and look where not going tp film school got him.

And the fact that you are capable of understanding you have a long way to go to get to where you want to be is humbling. Seriously, you seem more interesting than most anitubers I watch.

And I get you about the redheaded freckle aesthetic on a russian. But the MILF is about much more than the MILF. You end up cucking her husband, while scarring tje kid for life without any responsibility. That's why being a motherfucker is a compliment. It means you're unstoppable tornado wrecking homes without a care in the world.

Whats more badass than that...LMFAO

lmao@motherfucker. reminds me of that one girl i fucked that had 2 kids :P
she was also a heroin addict FML idk if there was any "cucking" involved, but she got around.

ok. well, i'll think on it. I may or may not do this, but it seems like it may be fun... I might end up doing a little writing on what I thought about this season's anime or something, going into detail about particular ones.

i'm going to have to call it a night for now though.. It's already late.. I'd usually have passed out 4 hours ago. :P

Talking on the internet makes it more difficult to sleep because it keeps my mind active and i'll be thinking about everything I was talking about... where normally i'm just watching anime and it's easy to sleep. :P

We'll see. I'm not here every day, but I do frequent the forums enough anyways. I'll cya around.
Sep 23, 2018 12:41 AM

Nov 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Yankee joke sounds like an dialogue from sponge bob camping episode
Now Loading.....
Sep 23, 2018 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
Why hating one another and dividing ourselves into normies/casuals/elitists when each one of us have animes we appreciate and not? Each of us has their own lives and preferences. Dont let ignorance narrow your open mindness.
xchyssaSep 23, 2018 12:56 AM
Sep 23, 2018 1:00 AM

Jan 2016
well i have some normie friends so i don't have grudge on them, as long they didn't talk to much about chinese cartoons, i am fine with it..

honestly, i don't like talking to them with that kind of subject neither its irl nor on internet
Sep 23, 2018 1:06 AM

Apr 2018
What are you talking about?
Normie doen't deserve the hate from ultimate elite one like me
Sep 23, 2018 1:09 AM

Dec 2016
And why they should be disliked at all in the first place? Are they committing a crime, have they acted against the law? Should feel ashamed of themselves for only liking mainstream shows?
Sep 23, 2018 1:09 AM

Dec 2017
If they like it why should I go and ruin their fun?

But honestly why do you care so much about what others enjoy? If MHA fans think their show is the best, you could spend some time discussing other shows with them instead of hating on them here.

Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 23, 2018 1:10 AM

Jan 2014
Somali_Strawhat said:
veloursrouge said:

Yeah elitists do act the same because that's what defines them as elitists.
The attitude not the shows you watch.
PS: You're not an elitist.

OT: Who gives a shit. Let people watch whatever they want if you give somebody a recc its their choice to watch it or not.
In the end they're the one missing out, not you so who cares.
AstZeroSep 23, 2018 1:17 AM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Sep 23, 2018 1:49 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
People are entitled to their opinions and they will stick to it. Anime is a form of entertainment, of course they are going to praise things they like. If it annoys you so much, you will be frustrated your entire life, just try to ignore it.
Sep 23, 2018 2:04 AM

Aug 2016
AstZero said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

Yeah elitists do act the same because that's what defines them as elitists.
The attitude not the shows you watch.
PS: You're not an elitist.

?
Elitists are defined by acting the same as all other elitists who are defined by acting the same as all other elitists who are defined by...thats what a recursive definition is.

If all elitists are defined by acting like each other then literally nothing defines them other than being a hive mind of thought.

Which is a shit argument with no backing to validate your claim. And I'm not an elitist because ,what, you don't think so? What is in an elitist attitude that isn't informed by the shows they watched? They're elitists because they are willing to point out opinions about what makes one show great, and another show shit and value their method of curation.

I do the same, but usually with friends I know have thicker skin and more informed opinions since the internet is filled with crybabies and shit posting human land mines. Friends I know can form a coherent if at times offensive argument that I respect and challenge me to defend why I enjoy a series without resorting to pandering perspectives like, "Why can't I enjoy it just because its fun?" without a clear understanding as to what made it fun in the first place.

Because why waste my time with someone who's metrics for judging anime are so incompatible with mine as to cause me a migraine thinking about how they went about giving a series the score that they did?
Sep 23, 2018 2:25 AM

Aug 2018
I don't mind them. Anyone has the right to live the way he likes as long as fundamentals are respected xd
Sep 23, 2018 2:47 AM

May 2009
necromantist said:
Almost as much as I hate pseudo-intellectual weeaboos or elitist GAYmers. They are nothing but normalfags and edgy boys. Vietnamese cartoons aren't that great tbh, just watch whatever the hell you want.
I think you just overloaded me with bad internet jargon.

(Seriously, I can guess what "pseudo-intellectual weeaboos" and "edgy boys" and "Vietnamese cartoons" mean, but not "elitist GAYmers" or "normalfags".)
Sep 23, 2018 3:09 AM

Sep 2017
Why would I dislike them? If they don't bother me, I don't care.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

19 by Ex-Aid »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 11 hours ago

23 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

983 by SebasL21 »»
4 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

67 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

211 by TitanOfPlasma »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.