Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 22, 2018 7:38 PM
Jul 2016
Many people hate Akame Ga Kill for multiple reasons, too many protags dying, supposed cliche characters, etc, and I think people just misunderstand it. To me Akame Ga Kill is about the story of Akames life through different p.o.v's/timelines, for example Akame Ga Kill Zero is about Akames life when she was a little girl and later an assassin for the Empire, Akame Ga Kill is about Akame when shes an assassin for the Night Raid, and Hinowa Ga Yuku is probably going to be about akames life after the change in the world. All these people are around her from youth to her current age and we as fans/(or haters) see her grow up sort of like we see Goku. Many people watch Akame Ga Kill without reading it first and it causes alot of misconceptions about it since when watching it you're seeing a somewhat alternate timeline, but anyways I'll stop here since ill go on forever, what do you think ?
Sep 22, 2018 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
I think people were a bit too harsh with it, I think it was a decent series, it has its flaws like every series, it was entertaining for the most part, but it still has a pretty decent ratings, over 8 ratings is pretty good imo.
Sep 22, 2018 11:55 PM

Sep 2017
I think it's not that bad but killing off that many protags really is a problem, I've only read the manga so I can't say much about the anime but I think it could've been done better with the characters. Also I think Akame was not given enough screen time considering she was the main main character.
Nov 10, 2018 6:01 AM

May 2018
i don't mind if they kill all the characters, even the main cast.

the problem in this manga is some of the characters death are pretty weak and forgettable. Sheele and Bulat's death is the weakest IMO, we don't barely have enough time to know them and they just dropping like flies.
the manga also had a hard time explaining character background and their motives. when the crew is introduced, they should already think how do they give them proper background explanation and their strong motives to join night raid, but what we got is some of the character dies before we even know other's background, Lubbock's motivation is also suck btw.
another missed thing is, they don't explain the history of night raid, it's a potential backstory and character developments for present characters, but they choose not to.

still, in the end of the day, i like this series. though this series is dead i still hope in the future there will be another edgy shounen like this but with less flaws.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.