Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An about episode erythrocytes! That's cool.

Our regular blood cell tried to make an impression and I found it amusing even though she's the senpai. Cute to see the platelets again with their usual behavior. Second half of the episode was pretty intense. The characters in this series just can't seem to have a normal day...

What a catastrophe. I'm fucking shocked.
Stark700Sep 22, 2018 10:06 AM
Sep 22, 2018 10:04 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
some of those bacteria deaths remind me of "The People's Mario"
Sep 22, 2018 10:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Rc cell being assigned as a mentor to a rookie huh. The new cell sure is pretty calm and composed not to mention intelligent. WC cell's improvised explanation sure was funny. The rookie sure got a good look at how eccentric the cells are though. This crisis though looks to be quite the severe one looking at the damage. It was nice seeing each cell type get their moment though during the announcement. Entertaining episode as always. The blend of teaching with the leadup to the crisis was done well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2018 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
That was a pretty good episode. The 2nd half was pretty tense which was great.
Sep 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
Was it me or the animation went a bit Stiff on certain shots? Not that it breaks the experience tho.

Lol that second half looked catastrophic, can't wait for the last episode next week :c
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 22, 2018 11:17 AM
Nov 2017
1st half was pretty nice, second half was intense af. I'm worried for my red blood cells man.
That episode left me in some shock.
On a side note, the last episode is next week which is sad :(
Sep 22, 2018 11:25 AM

Sep 2017
DAAAAAMN shit got serious. So, for those not versed in what exactly a hipovolemic shock is, it basically means that your body doesn't have enough blood in it to keep working well, which means it can't keep transporting nutrients, gases, regulating temperature, all the 6 functions kouhai-chan mentioned, as it should.

Basically, a consequence of excessive bleeding and is very, very serious. If the body doesn't get a transfusion soon after the problems arise, it could be the end. We'll see next week how this episode ends, but I'm hoping things turn out for the better.
Sep 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
Nice.
Started out slow, but the latter half was pretty good.
Kept me guessing what the situation was.
Sep 22, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
The comedys tuff were gold. Especially the part of the "fight" of Neutrophil against that poor bacteria while he was talking to RBC and her kouhai. Was nice seeing Eosinophil too <3

Well, we reached to possibly the darkest part of the whole manga, and even if the animation was somewhat stiff, the feeling of desolation and hopelessness of the hypovolemic shock was well protrayed. I felt the anguish of Neutrophil when he discovered the empty and destroyed landscape of what the body had became once those red blood cells dissapeared. Next episode will probably be even worse.

Only one episode left... The summer show I'm gonna miss the most ;_; I will pray for a second season.
Sep 22, 2018 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
Im guessing something pierced or blew a hole into that body?
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 22, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2018
This episode went from a senpai-kouhai happy lovely comedy to a catastrophic dramatic cliffhanger after a shocking turn of events...
Can't wait for next week's season finale, hope RBCs are fine...
Sep 22, 2018 1:31 PM

Mar 2016
When the kouhai RBC was introduced, I thought she looked like Mikasa. When she spoke, she even sounded like her. So, I searched for her name in the credits. It said Kouhai Sekkekyu: Ishikawa Yu.. (I wasn't able to read the whole name as I didn't know the second kanji character, but I am pretty sure it said Ishikawa Yui, who is Mikasa's seiyuu.)

The first half made me feel really bad for the protagonist. I know what it's like to appear absolutely pathetic in front of someone younger. Well, since this is a story, she will probably become cool in her junior's eyes.

The second half was unexpected. It wasn't funny at all. We didn't even get the commentary that explains stuff, and not knowing raised the tension a little. Still, I liked it.

I thought we were seeing a healthy person's cells. Now, I am kind of worried.
Sep 22, 2018 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
This was so good! The episode title alone made it clear that things were going to get serious, but it was so low-key at first that it just felt ominous. But it was also a great start, RBC was having self-esteem issues, feeling incapable of guiding her knowledgable kouhai at first, but when an incident happened, she was the most collected one, and she was able to pass, even if just a bit of her tranquility to her.

I also loved the scene in which she introduced WBC to her kouhai, saying that he was kind, calm and stuff while he screamed as he killed a germ, it was really funny, and the way he was worried about RBC as usual was also really cute. But this is the first truly life-threatening state we see so far, and I'm really excited (and a bit sad) for the finale of the season!
Sep 22, 2018 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
IheartCC said:
Im guessing something pierced or blew a hole into that body?

No. They probably had a damage in the head because they talked about the head being hurt? Also they're having a Hypovolemic shock and that means they had a car accident, a burn or something that cut through enough skin to make at least more than 20% of blood lost. It doesn't need to be a hole or lose blood, it can also be caused by a traumatism.
Sep 22, 2018 3:53 PM

Sep 2014
Damn, I actually got goose bumps just before the explosion, also the ending with WBC...
Sep 22, 2018 5:08 PM
Aug 2013
I'm scared and shook af and this isn't even my own body.
Sep 22, 2018 6:30 PM

Jan 2017
My blood cells are confused and shocked watching those blood cells confused and shocked in this episode. Felt bad the kouhai blood cell had to experience a tragic event on her first day's job.
Sep 22, 2018 6:41 PM
Jan 2016
This episode turned intense and scary, i have became shocked!

First half was funny when our mc Blood Cell introduced Neutrophil to her kohei, poor blood cell, she really tried hard to impress her kohei, but kohei is really inteligent, but we saw that Blood Cell is experienced when it come to a tragedys and accidents, glad to see that she can teach her kohei to became calm in that situations!

Sep 22, 2018 7:17 PM

Nov 2017
the first half was like everyday life of cells, and once again i can hear HanaKana cute screams >,<

but the second half like THE SHIT IS GETTING REAL
Now Loading.....
Sep 22, 2018 7:26 PM
Apr 2016
as someone who was in car accident 4 months ago and get head (more like forehead though) injuries....
i really like this episode @v@
i'm instantly passed out and when i awake, i was being sewn on my forehead lol, and i see lots of blood around my head....
and when i got the real treatment, i got blood transfusions 2 times...
i'm like so cool before, but now seeing this episode, what kind of apocalypse indeed~!
Sep 22, 2018 7:45 PM

Oct 2015
Red cell finally has a kouhai and I must say it is one smart ass. I guess she is a useless senpai so far, but maybe the next episode will showcase her usefulness?

White blood cell is really protective over red blood cell, makes me want to wish it was a cell romance.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 22, 2018 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
Well, after 10 "happy" episodes i never expected an episode like this.
Honestly, it was a bit dark, something that i never expected from this anime, it's not that it's bad it's just unexpected, this episode was very sad

The last episode :( I hope they will solve the problem and announce maybe a new season? Would be good :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 22, 2018 8:25 PM

Nov 2016
A crisis like it happened here shows the true worth of a senpai.

But damn, it started as such a funny and light hearted episode and then it suddenly got really dark. The moment before the explosion was so AoT like.

The transition to the ending, tho. From deathland to cheerful song xD

Super excited for the last episode, it would be so cool to get a one hour special or something like that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2018 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
oh wow the 2nd half of the episode gave me shivers! i hope everything will be fine next episode. doing a 2-part finale like this is a good way to end the series though!
Sep 23, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2014
ok I am also worried ....things are getting more dangerous... last episode to go..Gonna miss this show
Sep 23, 2018 5:20 AM

Jun 2013
RBC was funny trying to teach her kouhai, who obviously looks down at her but is still inefficient herself. When things get tough, like towards the end of the episode, our main character, RBC knows what to do.

It was funny seeing her mess up but it was even funnier seeing Neutrophil wrestle and murder that bacteria while chatting nonchalantly to RBC and her kouhai.

I wonder what happened towards the end? I'm guessing their body/host hit their head and lost consciousness?
臭い-
Sep 23, 2018 6:03 AM
Apr 2018
Poor guy, he or she got cancer, heatstroke, food poisoned, allergies, and now a severe brain bleeding. I hope the last episode next week will be a happy ending where all the cells manage to survive and solve the bleeding issue.
Sep 23, 2018 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
She doesn’t make for a very good senpai...

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that they are attempting to go out with a bang.
Sep 23, 2018 7:36 AM

Feb 2014
RBC, bless her, did her best to show her new kouhai the ropes of their job, but she ended up repeating her bad habits once more. XD

The funny moments continued when RBC introduced Neutrophil and our favourite WBC to her kouhai, which for the latter, first impressions weren't very convincing.

Sadly, the good times were about to come to a crashing halt due to a hypovolemic shock, which turned the whole place to an apocalyptic zone. At the very least, RBC was able to calm her kouhai pretty well.

Either way, shit has hit the fan, big time, so the last episode has got be hyped up. Looking forward to it. =)
Sep 23, 2018 7:51 AM
Apr 2018
Oh God, the person is freaking dying, aren't they?
Sep 23, 2018 8:41 AM
Aug 2018
Since the dehydration episode, the person seems to be doing some very strenuous activities and events, huh?

He/she might be overexerting himself, the person needs to take a break!

1st half of the episode pretty normal, and the late 2nd half is really intense. I think that the person that the cells live in will die, but since this is anime, it'll probably live.
Sep 23, 2018 8:44 AM
Nov 2015
GREAT EPISODE. This episode was full twists.It was really interesting.
we look forward to see the next episode
Sep 23, 2018 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
This really the most twisted episode: in the first half seemed to be after an peaceful episode, where our MC heroine finally got an kouhai where she wanted how possible her to guide (was a fun ride...xD), but... BUT then came the hit - even literally meant. This could be a reference for the two nuce drop during the WWII in Nagasaki and Hiroshima: there did the people as well in a apocalyptical setting find, and then desperately after some survivors and an exit out of this hell searched. This was really a nasty event (in anime and in the mentioned past), I do hope that our beloved MCs and supporters are fine and they'll find a solution out of this horrobile situation.

Edit: Will be the host body ever shown? I'm interested who is this (the health past of him/her we know already)...
Sep 23, 2018 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
A serious damage this time.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 23, 2018 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
First half: Cells at Work review session. This means there will be a quiz soon.

The quality of this show feels like its been on a downward trajectory, and the first 11 minutes of RBC showing kouhei the cells we've already encountered and know about it isn't worth it when that time could have been spent on the titular hemorrhagic shock.

The second half is interesting, but surprisingly devoid of the narratrix, perhaps to 'build suspense'? Who are these guys in suits who declare the state of emergency, anyway? The brain and nervous system (which have been absent this whole time)?
Sep 23, 2018 10:08 PM

Sep 2015
A very eerie climax for this series
Sep 24, 2018 4:41 AM
Mar 2015
A great adaption of those chapters in the manga! The final scene was so eerie, I love it!
Sep 24, 2018 6:16 AM

Oct 2007
RBC is now a sempai.. although the kouhai isn't impressed much. :D

Nice to see Eosinophil-chan again. ^^

Neutrophil brutalizing a bacteria as usual.

What surprised me is the nuclear explosion that happened... they did good in making tension. And it's haunting when Neutrophil found the place with no blood cells at all...

Looking forward to next week ! :)
Sep 24, 2018 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
First half was amusing to watch seeing RBC having to guide other Kouhei and randomly introducing others. Cool. The last 4-5 min suddenly catastrophic stuff out of blue(seems like there is no peaceful days in our body..) and neat to see how RBC showing her skill to access these kinds of terrible situation. Can't get tired enough to see how those monster randomly comes out and WBC dishes them.
Have noticed there was number of still shot increased during the last half was not pretty to watch (which also make seiyuu's job less fun). I wished they could plan within ep 12 and wouldn't had not worked on ep10, which was no near decent. Hopefully they will deliver strong finale episode.

Sep 24, 2018 8:20 PM

Jul 2016
I can't believe how fucking tense I was during the whole second part of the episode. The atmosphere was handled incredibly well and the inclution of the heartbeat only added more uncertainty to the formula. Very well handled, I really liked it.

However, I think they made a mistake by including the ED I mean, they almost established that lots of erythrocytes died/left the body and the moment after... "happy good day~". I think that to maintain the tension, the ED should have been skipped but that's just me.

That preview tho, it left me feeling kind of uneasy...
Sep 24, 2018 8:31 PM

Dec 2015
This was one of the best episodes.
The second part was so tense.
Another thing I liked is the OST, especially the piece that starts at 13:20 before the disaster.
Sep 25, 2018 12:24 PM
Aug 2014
Poor human. Heat stroke, cancer, fever and now big injuries
Sep 25, 2018 3:39 PM
Mar 2017
the second half oh my god I legit thought the body was dying (which could still be the case lol that'd be interesting) especially with that light shooting just before things went down
Sep 25, 2018 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
I'm starting to question whether or not the body belongs to an overworked salaryman/woman.

They've been on a downward spiral with things that could either be accidents if spread out (sans the cancer), or a result of neglecting your health from overwork. Maybe they were driving and got into an accident?

My other idea is a student, maybe? The meteor look like it could have been something thrown at the person. Sports accident?

I'm too invested in this faceless body lol Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 26, 2018 6:08 AM
Jun 2017
The first part is basically like a recap about the function of RBC's and other cells in our body.

the second part is where the real story begin, and well what i can say is that i am so excited on how they will present this one as this time its all about a case of head injury/ trauma. on that short second part it has shown already s/sx of what is happening in our body in that kind of trauma.

ohh next week im so excited about this one...
Sep 26, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
First half was a borefest. Could have been a good idea for an ending roll

Second half used the tense bgm quite well I guess. Hard to be seriously invested in such abysmal visuals though.
Sep 26, 2018 10:18 AM

Aug 2016
Well, that escalated quickly. And take big pleasure from hearing Yui Ishikawa(Mikasa, Violet), perfect choice of "perfect" kohai for our messy lousy Red blood cell. But when it counts, we see even our Red Blood cell has experience, trust to others and follow instructions, doesn't panic in this tense life-treating situation. Btw, can somebody tell me what happened to body, I didn't quiet get what kind of injury happened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2018 12:19 AM

May 2015
"Neutrophils are a gang of anomalies that confuse justice with violence." LOL!

First half was basically a refresher course that showed all of the cells introduced int he series so far...well...except...where was NK cell?

And then the second half started off with a nuke. What happened to this body now?
Sep 27, 2018 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
Wow I'm so excited for the next episode. It's wonderful how an educational show can be this thrilling.

Sep 29, 2018 10:56 PM

Dec 2016
White Blood Cell's introduction in this episode lmaoooooooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

72 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

82 by Mario_M_001 »»
Apr 14, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

91 by Seraschi »»
Apr 8, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

88 by Seraschi »»
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.