Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2018 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WWX and JC are back in Lotus Pier and on the run again but luckily cinnamon roll Wen Ning saved them.
Wen Qing was introduced in this ep and being a kind lady and doctor that she is, she ends up helping WWX and JC too.

Wen Ning was so cute when he said "Yes... Jiejie (sister)..." xD

The Cloud Recesses scene was not in the novel iirc so I'm grateful to the animation team for putting it in. It showed that LWJ actually cares and is worried for Wei Ying and the others. :')

It seems there are some people who dislike that Lan granduncle but to be fair, he's not wrong either, he just wants to protect the clan. The one who is wrong are the Wens! xP
Sep 22, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
I just hope Jian Cheng will come back to his normal
BRAWLERS
Sep 22, 2018 5:42 PM
May 2017
salman7 said:
I just hope Jian Cheng will come back to his normal

someone who just lost his parents and his whole clan will not come back to normal easily I think.....maybe only after revenge.
Sep 22, 2018 6:01 PM
May 2017
this season give two EP for present, 3 EP for happily young age, 1 EP for conflict among Jiang Clan, 3 EP on Wen's despot, 2EP on Wei and Jiang Clan's tragedy.
There are three EP left, I wonder when can they complete revenge.......Like 2 Chapter to be OP and revenge at the final EP?
Sep 22, 2018 7:51 PM

Oct 2015
Such is Despair for Jiang Cheng, and it makes Wei Wuxian miserable as hell. It was great to see Wangji worrying about those two, I guess underneath that headband he's a kind guy.

The Wen sister is kind though but strict, I like her in this episode. I hope Wei Wuxian will be able to restore Jiang Cheng's power and get revenge on those Wens.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 23, 2018 5:00 AM
Jan 2015
Such a dark episode again, am I the only one who likes it when characters are suffering and it's that well depicted!!

But I have one question,...I didn't really catch that...when did Jiang Cheng lose his golden core?
Last Episode? But when? I can't remember
Sep 23, 2018 6:09 AM

Aug 2010
Katiica4869 said:
Such a dark episode again, am I the only one who likes it when characters are suffering and it's that well depicted!!

But I have one question,...I didn't really catch that...when did Jiang Cheng lose his golden core?

It got destroyed by Wen Zhu Liu the Core-Melting Hand some time between JC being back in Lotus Pier again to when WWX found him. It happened off-screen.
Sep 23, 2018 8:56 AM
May 2017
Katiica4869 said:

Just in EP12, Wei wuxian come back with food but Jiang Cheng disappear (cause he go back to LP and been caught by Wen), when Wei wuxian find him, his golden core is already gone.
Sep 24, 2018 6:17 AM
Feb 2017
Xealias said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WWX and JC are back in Lotus Pier and on the run again but luckily cinnamon roll Wen Ning saved them.
Wen Qing was introduced in this ep and being a kind lady and doctor that she is, she ends up helping WWX and JC too.

Wen Ning was so cute when he said "Yes... Jiejie (sister)..." xD

The Cloud Recesses scene was not in the novel iirc so I'm grateful to the animation team for putting it in. It showed that LWJ actually cares and is worried for Wei Ying and the others. :')

It seems there are some people who dislike that Lan granduncle but to be fair, he's not wrong either, he just wants to protect the clan. The one who is wrong are the Wens! xP

I new i recognized his name and watched episode 2 again .... :'(
maid this episode even more sad...
I hate the fire nation with a passon and cant wait till they burn (ironically lol becose there fire... get it!)
Sep 24, 2018 10:29 PM

Aug 2009
Near the end of this episode when their knees hit the ground for them to bow, I don't know what it was about that moment: maybe it was them paying respects, maybe it was the tears, maybe it was the all encompassing despair. but that part struck me hard and I almost teared up. seriously what a beautifully done scene with very few dialogue but held such deep meaning.

Im really loving this series so far, it has made it into my top ten effortlessly and the story is only getting started. I need for this to gain more recognition, its definitely deserving of such high praises. I can't get enough.

Sep 24, 2018 10:47 PM
Mar 2012
lovexLuffy said:
Near the end of this episode when their knees hit the ground for them to bow, I don't know what it was about that moment: maybe it was them paying respects, maybe it was the tears, maybe it was the all encompassing despair. but that part struck me hard and I almost teared up. seriously what a beautifully done scene with very few dialogue but held such deep meaning.

I know right? Although kneeling is now like an old gesture that's anti equality or freedom, but kowtows with deep emotions always get me in tears.

When WWX kneels and kowtows I can hear him praying in his head "Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu please watch over us, help me succeed in recovering JC's core, help your son carry out his revenge."
Sep 24, 2018 11:27 PM

Aug 2009
0nnen said:

I know right? Although kneeling is now like an old gesture that's anti equality or freedom, but kowtows with deep emotions always get me in tears.

When WWX kneels and kowtows I can hear him praying in his head "Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu please watch over us, help me succeed in recovering JC's core, help your son carry out his revenge."

I did not know what kowtows meant before now, I'm glad I learned something new ^^
and yes!! I know exactly what you mean, its like a silent prayer could be heard loud and clear in that moment. It was very emotional for me. I can seriously go on about it forever

Sep 25, 2018 2:35 AM
Jan 2017
I like this anime. So excited to see the upcoming episodes. May I ask... to those who read the manga/novel, is it far yet till end or near now? Just wanna know how many episodes left to watch. And could it be possibly have a 2nd season? 😆 (advanced haha)
Sep 25, 2018 7:27 AM
May 2017
makerkent said:
I like this anime. So excited to see the upcoming episodes. May I ask... to those who read the manga/novel, is it far yet till end or near now? Just wanna know how many episodes left to watch. And could it be possibly have a 2nd season? 😆 (advanced haha)

Still long way to go, there will be three season.
I guess they can’t even explain why he was killed by Jiang Cheng in this season.
Sep 25, 2018 8:20 AM
May 2018
c100338 said:
makerkent said:

Still long way to go, there will be three season.
I guess they can’t even explain why he was killed by Jiang Cheng in this season.

Source for this having three seasons?
Sep 25, 2018 8:21 AM
May 2018
@Xealias
Didn't they just change the location of interaction between Wei Wuxian and that wen good guy?
Sep 25, 2018 11:36 AM

Aug 2010
Gamer_Gene said:
@Xealias
Didn't they just change the location of interaction between Wei Wuxian and that wen good guy?

Yeah in the novel Wei Wuxian, Jiang Cheng, and Wen Ning were supposed to go to Yiling first before meeting Wen Qing but oh well, they're still gonna go to Yiling anyways (in the next ep) xD
Sep 26, 2018 12:09 AM

Mar 2016
>Everyone looks the same
>Everyone looks so feminine
>Everyone is probably a trap based on the genre of Shounen Ai
>Fuck.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Sep 30, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
These last few episodes have been amazing.

So dark and emotional.

Anyone know how much episodes this will be?
Oct 2, 2018 2:08 PM

Aug 2010
Bleachway said:
These last few episodes have been amazing.

So dark and emotional.

Anyone know how much episodes this will be?

This season will have 15. Not sure about the later seasons yet.
Dec 24, 2018 9:42 PM

Dec 2014
So like what happened to the sister....... I am a bit confused
May 4, 2019 9:25 PM

Jun 2011
my enjoyment has gone down in the past 2 episodes, so much self loathing, self destructing that's been dragging on for far too long and Wei Wuxian doesn't explain it straight up and just smack that Jian Cheng awake, stop pampering that little shit, he went and looked for trouble himself and accuse others of slighting him.. great. Give me 3 more episodes of this shit /s
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
my enjoyment has gone down in the past 2 episodes, so much self loathing, self destructing that's been dragging on for far too long and Wei Wuxian doesn't explain it straight up and just smack that Jian Cheng awake, stop pampering that little shit, he went and looked for trouble himself and accuse others of slighting him.. great. Give me 3 more episodes of this shit /s

He's going through a lot right now... his family was slaughtered before him and the very thing that makes him powerful is gone.

Wei Wuxian is all he has in this world.
May 12, 2019 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
Nisien said:
He's going through a lot right now... his family was slaughtered before him and the very thing that makes him powerful is gone.

Wei Wuxian is all he has in this world.
For sure, but I am also annoyed at WWX who allowed this all to happen. JC keeps on looking for ways to die and he's literally only surviving so we can continue the plot. He wants revenge but he's rushing alone into fights that he had no chance of winning, without a single plan, literally looking for death. As logical as the reactions are, it doesn't make it any less annoying considering the plot armor is keeping them alive. This is where I believe WWX should've stepped up to his promise with JC's mom and keep JC safe from self harming.

Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 21, 2021 5:00 AM

Mar 2020
holy shit that guy is an ingrate, wei wuxian has too much patience for him
Sep 7, 2021 6:55 PM

Jan 2021
To be honest, I appreciate the differences between versions, it’s interesting to watch/read all of them, to add more perspective to some arcs, while the core story remains the same.
Sep 9, 2021 3:27 AM

Jun 2007
So tired of that stupid brat Jiang Cheng. Wei Wuxian owes his life to no one, fuck what that bitch said. protect him with life? bullshit. some friend JC is, and a trash human. some of you are saying "but he lost his parents and his clan..." - that's exactly when true character is revealed, in dire circumstances, not when everything is nice and easy.
this shit drives me crazy ngl. my poor boy Wei Wuxian deserves better ppl around

_Alysha_ said:
>Everyone looks the same
>Fuck.

and the dumbest comment of the month award goes to...
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 9, 2021 3:46 PM

Mar 2016
Sorvarin said:
So tired of that stupid brat Jiang Cheng. Wei Wuxian owes his life to no one, fuck what that bitch said. protect him with life? bullshit. some friend JC is, and a trash human. some of you are saying "but he lost his parents and his clan..." - that's exactly when true character is revealed, in dire circumstances, not when everything is nice and easy.
this shit drives me crazy ngl. my poor boy Wei Wuxian deserves better ppl around

_Alysha_ said:
>Everyone looks the same
>Fuck.

and the dumbest comment of the month award goes to...

Considering this is from 2018, you're a 'few' months off. Thanks for the stupid pointless ping btw.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Dec 28, 2021 4:42 AM

Jan 2021
FFS JIANG CHENG, I know are you grief-stricken, but
WHAT THE HELL were you hoping to accomplish running back to Lotus Pier sans aide? No plan, nothing.

You'd be so dead if not for Wei Wu Xian.
Feb 20, 2022 7:54 PM

Feb 2015
Anddddddd I continue to dislike JC
Jul 17, 2023 7:15 AM
Nov 2019
the rain animation is very nice
the way they do the wen plotline in this episode is very strange (i definetly prefer what the novels and drama did with it) tho wwx literally snapping two people's necks was pretty badass
jc voice acting is quite good damn
also i don't give the expressions enough credit
and idk if it's just the subtitles i'm watching but they changed baoshan-sanren's gender??? (or at least used he/him pronouns) could just be a translation wierdness idk, but in the novels and drama she's always refered to as being female, i literally had to check the wiki because i thought i was going crazy
Jul 17, 2023 7:18 AM
Nov 2019
*insert me gushing about the animation for the xth time*
the way they do the wen plotline in this episode is very strange (i definetly prefer what the novels and drama did with it) tho wwx literally snapping two people's necks was pretty badass
also random cloud recesses section and random new character? (maybe i just don't remember him idk), i also noticed lwj seems much more expressive in this series, but that might just be me
jc voice acting is quite good damn
also i don't give the expressions enough credit
and idk if it's just the subtitles i'm watching but they changed baoshan-sanren's gender??? (or at least used he/him pronouns) could just be a translation wierdness idk, but in the novels and drama she's always refered to as being female, i literally had to check the wiki because i thought i was going crazy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

valkiriana - Oct 10, 2018

103 by HaruYing »»
Mar 24, 2:12 PM

» I thought anime/manga from other countries was not allowed on MAL?

Kimiko-chan - Dec 14, 2020

5 by senekohan »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

» I'm telling you

egosumjohn - Dec 8, 2023

7 by Watch_Kuranado »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:35 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 8 Discussion

valkiriana - Aug 23, 2018

31 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:30 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 1 Discussion

Stardew - Aug 8, 2018

43 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.