Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2018 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a creepy monkey toy....
Daniel is just as creepy though if you ask me.

A very talky episode as usual mostly because of that priest guy. Well, I do find it kinda interesting to learn more about Rachel's past though.

Also, the remaining episodes will apparently be video releases.
Stark700Sep 21, 2018 6:33 AM
Sep 21, 2018 5:34 AM
Sep 2016
Was a pretty episode
Sep 21, 2018 6:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Danny's two eyes only served to enhance his creepy nature. Meeting Rachel really has changed Zack quite a lot though when looking at all thats happened. So the priest is playing the role of an observer. Having a name plate as the key was pretty creative. So Rachel's attitude is due to such a large trauma. Interesting episode. Looks like things are starting to get serious as Rachel's past is revealed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2018 7:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this honestly wasn’t half-bad an episode.

Rachel’s attitude and strange behaviour as a result of a trauma has been foreshadowed throughout the entire season, so I’m not wholly surprised there. Zack, meanwhile, has really changed after encountering Rachel and it was nice to see him struggle all in order to save her from Doctor Danny. His reaction in the end there really suggests that Ray must have done something really shocking, so I’m curious to know what more she has done than sewing up her parents and all.
But again, what’s with the Priest and Doctor Danny? I actually found it a bit shocking that the Priest is behind this mysterious building and whatnot but it’s a good plot-twist, I reckon. Still a little cringy how he refers to the floor bosses as angels though.

Looks like we’re in for more backstory next episode so I’m kind of looking forward to that now.
_MushiRock11_Sep 21, 2018 9:06 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 21, 2018 8:03 AM

Dec 2016
What a big mystery! o_o I'm still wondering who could do such a cruel thing to Rachel's parents to the point of sewing their bodies. I'm thinking of the possibility of Danny being the main suspect, but I also think the priest knows more than he should and he might kill her parents based on illusion? And it's not just because of him being the guide since his first appearance, but that's just a possibility since he tried to kill Rachel before with illusion... just a guess.

It was good of to know about Rachel's past and what made her so depressed and emotionless. Good episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 21, 2018 8:04 AM

Dec 2014
I knew this floor was Rachels.... seems like she was a murderer too (or so I think)... like everyone else in the building
Sep 21, 2018 8:06 AM

Jan 2008
Stark700 said:

So, we're not getting any more episodes outside of DVD sales? I guess there'd be two DVDs since Japan releases episodes two at a time on disc. That's a bother because that means it's likely Crunchyroll won't be airing the last four.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 21, 2018 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
whelp, Pandora's Box was opened....literally

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

A very talky episode as usual mostly because of that priest guy. Well, I do find it kinda interesting to learn more about Rachel's past though.

Video releases? You mean that we're not gonna get the last four until much later this year?

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
NoLiferSoulSep 21, 2018 2:26 PM
Sep 21, 2018 9:00 AM
May 2016
So Rachels' father killed her mother and Rachel killed her father, then she made dolls out of her parents and lived with them for a week. Before police found them.

Sep 21, 2018 9:02 AM

Aug 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Stark700 said:

Video releases? You mean that we're not gonna get the last four until much later this year?

Anime Database lists them as specials, showing online. I don't think they're DVD release only as they're listed as showing weekly, starting on the 5th October - 26th.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 21, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
JokerVentura said:
Ryuseishun said:

Anime Database lists them as specials, showing online. I don't think they're DVD release only as they're listed as showing weekly, starting on the 5th October - 26th.

If they're specials, I hope they still retain the usual time length per episode. Though I do wonder why they decided to have the last episodes as specials? Maybe it's because of the Fall season airing schedule pushing the show off the time slots?
Sep 21, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Ryuseishun said:

Idk about the final three episodes but the episode 13 won't air on TV next week. It will be released on October 5th I believe in home video or Amazon Prime.
Sep 21, 2018 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
does anyone know the name of the OST that played at the end when he was watching the TV?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 21, 2018 9:34 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:
does anyone know the name of the OST that played at the end when he was watching the TV?

Unfortunately, nobody will know the names of the OSTs til release of the album. Which will be October 24th of this year.
Sep 21, 2018 9:36 AM
Aug 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:

it tells you at the bottom of the page under ”theme songs" its called "Pray" by Haruka Chisuga which is the voice actress for Rachel
Sep 21, 2018 9:57 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
Ryuseishun said:

Idk about the final three episodes but the episode 13 won't air on TV next week. It will be released on October 5th I believe in home video or Amazon Prime.

Oh okay, thanks for the info!
Sep 21, 2018 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
Martinxgunz said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

it tells you at the bottom of the page under ”theme songs" its called "Pray" by Haruka Chisuga which is the voice actress for Rachel

I'm not talking about the ending song, i'm taking about the scene when he was watching Rachel's story.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 21, 2018 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
Things are really starting to get interesting as we continue to learn a little more about Rachel. It's a shame that, from what I gather from comments above, we're gonna have to wait a bit for the last few episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 21, 2018 10:56 AM

Jan 2018
I need to know the reason behind Zacks reaction there must be something really bad
When it started to getting to the good they are taking a break I hope it comes back
Sep 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Feb 2016
Quite intriguing episode, we get to know a bit about Rachel.

So, what's the deal with the last episodes?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 21, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
On the official twitter it says episode 13 onwards will be Amazon Prime in Japan. I find it hard to believe funimation and crunchyroll would agree to license an anime minus four episodes, so on the 5th I can see the next episode being on CR.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 21, 2018 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
JokerVentura said:
On the official twitter it says episode 13 onwards will be Amazon Prime in Japan. I find it hard to believe funimation and crunchyroll would agree to license an anime minus four episodes, so on the 5th I can see the next episode being on CR.

I can see it being delayed a day to a week. Get those other sales in first, and then other sites can have their subscriptions fulfilled.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 21, 2018 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
Questions about Rachael are finally being answered. Feels like the ending is approaching.

I already predicted that she'd killed her parents, but I didn't expect her to have sewn them.

I can't tell how much time has passed since the events of the first episode, but it feels like this is still the same day. You know, because they haven't eaten or used the bathroom at all!

The moon is making me really curious. Is that fake too?

Why are all the floors so different? I hope there is a story behind them as well.

Out of the currently realising animes, this is the only one that raises a lot of questions for me every episode. So, this is my favourite anime this season. (Excluding SnK.)
Sep 21, 2018 1:28 PM

May 2015
So..even Zack was shocked? Now I'm curious!
Sep 21, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
Damn, they are really cucking us with the last episodes, just when it got to the most interesting part. I hope we won't have to wait forever.

That short teaser is interesting (now I couldn't quite catch the very beginning of the sentence, it's way too fast for me but managed to get the rest), Zack is talking about lots of people being killed in the building and swears to God that he will definitely kill the one who did it but I am not sure if he refers to Rachel or the Priest. Priest would be more logical since he is the one conducting the whole experiment thing. If it's Rachel, then that's really fucked up then....
MomoSinXSep 21, 2018 2:25 PM
Sep 21, 2018 2:47 PM

Apr 2015
Quite the thrilling episode! I really liked it. Now it's just waiting to see where this will go next. By al lthe comments above me it seems it will be Oct 5th that this will continue.

For now, since it's not quite "completed", I'll give it a 8/10 until I have seen the rest of it.
CeddyyBearrOct 5, 2018 12:16 PM
Sep 21, 2018 2:55 PM
Aug 2018
after reading all the comments, that's why it said 'to be continued' and MAL getting rid of the last four episodes on the list

well i wasn't really expecting rachel to kill her dad (technically cuz the mom already got stabbed by the dad) but i wonder what made them kill each other

i get that zack is surprised but why doesn't rachel want him to know that? it's not like it matters to him anyway

idk but i do still plan on watching the specials. this was a good start to a horror anime, but if i had to judge based on the actual 12 official eps, i'd say i never saw a horror anime go so slow. this was also my first time seeing an anime that ended with a cliffhanger and not making another actual season after it (yet)
Sep 21, 2018 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
So Rachels secret was finally revealed. Tbh, it wasn't really hard to figure out what she did and I was expecting something like this, nonetheless an interesting and exciting episode.

And just now they changed the episode count to 12...common.......

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2018 4:07 PM

Mar 2018
Wasn't this supposed to be 16 episodes? I'm quite shocked..
Sep 21, 2018 4:28 PM
Mar 2016
PurpleGirl203 said:
What a big mystery! o_o I'm still wondering who could do such a cruel thing to Rachel's parents to the point of sewing their bodies. I'm thinking of the possibility of Danny being the main suspect, but I also think the priest knows more than he should and he might kill her parents based on illusion? And it's not just because of him being the guide since his first appearance, but that's just a possibility since he tried to kill Rachel before with illusion... just a guess.

It was good of to know about Rachel's past and what made her so depressed and emotionless. Good episode!

Holy cow, you missed everything!

I haven't played the game, but this episode made it blatantly obvious that Rachel did that to her own parents. Didn't you see all the sewn-up stuffed animals in her room?
Sep 21, 2018 4:43 PM

Aug 2016
R3BR0K said:
Seriously, who are the ones in charge of updating the list of episodes in myanimelist? This list is wrong. Angels of Death have not 12 episodes but 16 episodes (this list was right until today wtf).

There is a hiatus and there will be no episode next week. Episode 13 will be released on October 5 and this anime will continue until it's over. So this is not over. You have to fix this so you don't confuse people. Thank you.

*Sorry for my relief, but someone had to say it xD*

They will be creating a separate listing for episode 13-16 as they are online only specials. Only E01-12 were shown on TV in Japan, hence why it's been updated.
Sep 21, 2018 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
Stark700 said:

what u been my video releases?
Sep 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Jan 2017
What the hell, that was a chilling finale! Wait, what?
I swear this anime was to run for 16 episodes but then it ended on "to be continued"
Well, f*** me... Low key changing the episode count

But hey, they had a monkey bomb in this episode *awkward laugh*
Was it just me, or did anyone else have the COD monkey bomb for zombies pop in their head
Sep 21, 2018 6:45 PM

Mar 2017
what. I thought that this was to run for 16 episodes???? why 12?
what happened.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 21, 2018 6:50 PM

Jul 2017
It obviously isn't really complete since the rest of the episodes are gonna be video releases, but looking back at the 12 episodes, it wasn't a good show tbh.
Sep 21, 2018 6:57 PM
Sep 2018
Oh boy... brace yourselves, next episode is going to be a ride
Sep 21, 2018 7:04 PM

Jan 2015
Well, that was a weird place to ‘end’ the season... Quite a bit like Norman Bates, our fair Rachel Gardner is. Assuming she wasn’t the one who actually killed her parents. But, then again, even if she was. Damn, I really want to see how this all ends!!!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 21, 2018 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
guess MAL's database is wrong again, I've read somewhere that's this is going to have 16 episodes so, not so fast on those final thoughts
Sep 21, 2018 8:45 PM

Aug 2017
I like how the mystery is handled. Rachel's floor is certainly intersting. Gray explains the reason of why he built the building.

So, she killed their parents?

The show is not over yet but it's my AOTS so far. Much better than most of the shows from this season. 8/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 21, 2018 9:14 PM

Nov 2017
Nurguburu said:

So, she killed their parents?

Only his father...

- owh man... the rest 4 epsiode doenst aired next week... shit!!
- IMO, danny is more like a lolicon than eye-con
Now Loading.....
Sep 21, 2018 9:17 PM

Mar 2010
Really curious on what happen with Rachel's parents and danny
Sep 21, 2018 9:39 PM

Feb 2011
Ohhhh... "TO BE CONTINUE...." NOW I REALLY NEED TO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE NOW: I MEAN, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THIS EXCITEMENT IS REALLY KILLING ME: THIS ARC HAS A VERY INTERESTING START: GO ZACK, GO SAVE YOUR GIRL, LOL!!!!! XD
Now Zack's and Ray role had switch, now Zack is the one who needs to solve glues for him to get to know MORE about Rachel while Rachel observes him and getting all scared how he's going to react (she thinks that Zack will hate her if he discovers the truth, why you say that Rachel, Zack won't abandon you...I'm sure). Zack, YOU'RE AWESOME, GETTING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT RACHEL SHOWS HOW MUCH HE REALLY CARES FOR HER (: MUCH MORE THAN HE THINKS HE DOES: otherwise he wouldn't bothered going through with this, he chose to for him to get this place TOGETHER WITH RACHEL: not by himself ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, WHICH IS WHY I AND OTHER SHIPPERS SHIPS RAY X ZACK SO MUCH TOGETHER!!!!). Now I'm so curious: What was that Zack discovered about Rachel's past for him to get very shocked, knowing Zack he going to help her get through this and finding his own answer why he CARES FOR HER: SERIOUSLY ALL THIS SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME 100X OVER, A HUGE CLIFFHANGER AT THE END: WE NEED EPS 13-16: I'M SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE THE CONTINUATION OF THIS FANTASTIC STORY!!! 10/10 score for me!!!!

Stay tuned for the next episode: two more weeks to go (Oct 5th), I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!! THIS IS NOT OVER YET EVERYONE!!!!!
sweetangieSep 21, 2018 10:08 PM
Sep 21, 2018 9:41 PM

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed this show, but it just ended suddenly with a cliff.

But I think I know Zack wouldn't have cared if Rachel murdered her parents, in fact he would compare himself to her. Judging by his psychotic make up he would make light of it, Rachel is stressing for no apparent reason.

Either way I loved it and i loved Rachel and Zack, pity the 16 episode promise was not met officially.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 22, 2018 2:41 AM
Nov 2017
I feel like the rug was yanked out from under me at the last second with that 'to be continued' crap. Not cool.

4/10 for being assholes.
Sep 22, 2018 5:58 AM

Apr 2017
Things are finally picking up again. It's a shame that now we have to wait at least 2 weeks, or more, to see the rest. It's probably because of the unusual length, but it's still a shame. I didn't like this anime that much, but recent episodes has really picked up my interest. Now we are finally going to see Rachel's backstory, though it was hinted before so I can make some guesses as to how it's going to be. But maybe they will give us some nice plot twist that will blow my theories away. That's what I'm looking most forward to.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 22, 2018 7:51 AM

Apr 2018
What the hell. What girl sows her parent together, that's the first time I`ve seen zack shocked...
Sep 22, 2018 7:59 AM
Jul 2016
Is there an upcoming season or should I just go read the manga ?
Sep 22, 2018 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
FuMomo-kun said:
Questions about Rachael are finally being answered. Feels like the ending is approaching.

I already predicted that she'd killed her parents, but I didn't expect her to have sewn them.

I can't tell how much time has passed since the events of the first episode, but it feels like this is still the same day. You know, because they haven't eaten or used the bathroom at all!

The moon is making me really curious. Is that fake too?

Why are all the floors so different? I hope there is a story behind them as well.

Out of the currently realising animes, this is the only one that raises a lot of questions for me every episode. So, this is my favourite anime this season. (Excluding SnK.)

Floor B1 (basement 1) is still underground so all the windows are fake.
As for why the floors look so different, it's because each resident gets to design their own floor (or at least give a general description of what they want).
Sep 22, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
4 Video releases....Come on now. Hopefully CR can get them week to week.

Did Ray Sew up the parents?? It would seem so.

I really liked this anime. Ill give it an 8/10 for now. Give me a satisfying ending.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 22, 2018 9:01 AM

Dec 2016
thereIwasnt said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

Holy cow, you missed everything!

I haven't played the game, but this episode made it blatantly obvious that Rachel did that to her own parents. Didn't you see all the sewn-up stuffed animals in her room?

Did I? ^^; That was just my point of view but, to be honest, I didn't think of the possibility of Rachel doing that to her own parents. I want to believe it's someone else who did it but now I have my doubts. In some way, she DOES sound suspicious the moment Rachel and Zack entered her floor. And yes, I did see all the stuffed animals sewed and I thought that was fine, nothing strange about that. Also, the bird from the very first episode where Zack was chasing Rachel was also sewed after that poor thing died.

I haven't played the game as well so you're not alone.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.