Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2018 8:18 PM

May 2018
I mean, considering both the series and the movies, where should I start? New to to Clannad itself and to the genre as well :P
Sep 19, 2018 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Clannad -> Clannad:After Story
Just those two ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 20, 2018 7:48 AM

May 2018
Jim_Heart said:
Just those two ...
What about the movie? Is it bad?
Sep 20, 2018 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
Step 1: don't.
You're just wasting your time with that shit.
Sep 20, 2018 8:58 AM

Jul 2009
Shinya-Kogami said:
Jim_Heart said:
Just those two ...

I agree with the first post, watch Clannad and then After Story afterwards. But if you do want to watch the movie I'd recommend watching it after both of the seasons, since it covers the plot for both Clannad and After Story.
It wasn't done by Kyoto Animation and it's older than the series so it might not have the same feeling. And again, it covers the story from all 47 episodes so it might feel a bit rushed, but I think that's normal since you can't fit everything in an hour and a half.
I wouldn't call it bad myself, but it's just not the same. I personally enjoyed it. If you do end up enjoying both seasons then you should watch the movie, but if not you can just skip it.

君がいるそれだけで
命の全部が輝く
凍りついた心に
その鼓動が響き火を灯す
わからないままでも側に

君の側に 一番近くに

Sep 20, 2018 3:47 PM

May 2018
RedPanda said:
Shinya-Kogami said:

I agree with the first post, watch Clannad and then After Story afterwards. But if you do want to watch the movie I'd recommend watching it after both of the seasons, since it covers the plot for both Clannad and After Story.
It wasn't done by Kyoto Animation and it's older than the series so it might not have the same feeling. And again, it covers the story from all 47 episodes so it might feel a bit rushed, but I think that's normal since you can't fit everything in an hour and a half.
I wouldn't call it bad myself, but it's just not the same. I personally enjoyed it. If you do end up enjoying both seasons then you should watch the movie, but if not you can just skip it.

Ok, I probably won't watch the movie then. Don't see much sense in those movies that try to be a summary of a season or 2. Thank you

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.