Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2018 3:33 PM
Sep 2018
sorry if this is awkward, this is my first post but if anyone can please clarify some points i dont understand and/or maybe missed.

1- why are durpa and stratfor fighting aganist each other, both are american ?!

2- how did leskinen know about suzuha time machine and where to find it ?

3- if leskinen wanted to take it for himself and deceive the world as if he destroyed it, why did he simply destroy it when okabe went back for the second time ?

4- how did okabe wake in the future, where did daru get that memory data from 2011 and how did he overwrite okabe brain with it ?!

thank you in advance
mikotitaniaSep 17, 2018 4:04 PM
Sep 17, 2018 6:07 PM

Aug 2010
mikotitania said:
sorry if this is awkward, this is my first post but if anyone can please clarify some points i dont understand and/or maybe missed.

3- if leskinen wanted to take it for himself and deceive the world as if he destroyed it, why did he simply destroy it when okabe went back for the second time ?

4- how did okabe wake in the future, where did daru get that memory data from 2011 and how did he overwrite okabe brain with it ?!

thank you in advance

1. We have known what Leskinen's (Stratfor) motive, just wait for Reyes' (DURPA) motive. Also, although both organizations are from the same country, it doesn't mean they have the same interest.

2. Kagari

3. Maybe he thought if he can't get the machine, no one will. After all, it is convergence that the machine will be "destroyed".

4. They literally explained this in episode 20. Watch it again.
Sep 18, 2018 4:21 AM
Sep 2018

1. We have known what Leskinen's (Stratfor) motive, just wait for Reyes' (DURPA) motive. Also, although both organizations are from the same country, it doesn't mean they have the same interest.

2. Kagari

3. Maybe he thought if he can't get the machine, no one will. After all, it is convergence that the machine will be "destroyed".

4. They literally explained this in episode 20. Watch it again.[/quote]

I see thank you alot i watched episode 20 and daru says he only recently salvaged it from an old pc, is that it ?!
Sep 24, 2018 11:54 AM
May 2016
as someone already answers your question.. although these questions dont confuse me.. but the one thing that confuses me is that, there were times when they kinda shows us that YUKI is somehow connected to the black helmet girl.. and till the second last episode it has not been explained??
Sep 24, 2018 1:18 PM

Feb 2016
Crecent said:
as someone already answers your question.. although these questions dont confuse me.. but the one thing that confuses me is that, there were times when they kinda shows us that YUKI is somehow connected to the black helmet girl.. and till the second last episode it has not been explained??

She isn't, it's a red-herring to confuse you. Her friends said she was just clumsy.
Sep 24, 2018 3:04 PM

Aug 2018
mikotitania said:

I see thank you alot i watched episode 20 and daru says he only recently salvaged it from an old pc, is that it ?!

it has been established that when okabe do time leap his memory from this moment transfers into sern servers to compress them

so it make sense that when okabe failed to time leap his memories from this moment still saved since it hasn't been sent to the past
The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.
Sep 24, 2018 10:56 PM

Jul 2013
mikotitania said:

thank you in advance

The problem is that they are leaving too much out from the VN, as well as mashing two timelines together. Reyes being in DURPA and Leskinin being in Stratfor are from those different plotlines. Whereas in the VN she is a brutal character to be feared, in this her being DURPA is carelessly inserted.

As for the reason they would be fighting each other, take note the DURPA is truly part of the US Government, whereas Stratfor is civilian. They have different intentions on how to use the time machine information. I'm not going to spoil it though.

It should also be noted that in the VN the attack helicopter that destroys the time machine is Russian, not DURPA or Stratfor. Really the Russians should be showing up and f-ing everyone up right around then.

Also, in the VN Okabe does not wake up in the future because of a failed time leap. They really botched this part badly.

For the record I actually like the anime. But they did seriously botch a lot of things about it, and it is going to be somewhat confusing for people who didn't play the VN because of that.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Sep 24, 2018 11:49 PM

Nov 2016
Hraktuus said:
mikotitania said:

thank you in advance

The problem is that they are leaving too much out from the VN, as well as mashing two timelines together. Reyes being in DURPA and Leskinin being in Stratfor are from those different plotlines. Whereas in the VN she is a brutal character to be feared, in this her being DURPA is carelessly inserted.

As for the reason they would be fighting each other, take note the DURPA is truly part of the US Government, whereas Stratfor is civilian. They have different intentions on how to use the time machine information. I'm not going to spoil it though.

It should also be noted that in the VN the attack helicopter that destroys the time machine is Russian, not DURPA or Stratfor. Really the Russians should be showing up and f-ing everyone up right around then.

Also, in the VN Okabe does not wake up in the future because of a failed time leap. They really botched this part badly.

For the record I actually like the anime. But they did seriously botch a lot of things about it, and it is going to be somewhat confusing for people who didn't play the VN because of that.

Actually the helicopter is still sent by the russians in the anime too, they even mentioned it in the last ep that the reason the time machine was destroyed even after they played leskinen and durpa was because they had no idea how the russians were getting the informations
Sep 26, 2018 4:44 AM
Oct 2012
Hraktuus said:
mikotitania said:

thank you in advance

Can you explain that part more? I'm actually curious about how much scenes they cut in the anime.
Sep 26, 2018 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
ina-astral said:
Hraktuus said:

Can you explain that part more? I'm actually curious about how much scenes they cut in the anime.

They changed and removed some plot points, although they still handled the story pretty decently.

In the VN that part is reached as such (in short):

AquamirrorSep 26, 2018 8:10 AM
Sep 26, 2018 11:53 AM
Nov 2013
Does anyone know what was the message that okabe received just before the helicopter attacked the time machine? and is it what prevented its destruction ?
Sep 26, 2018 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
Oussema said:
Does anyone know what was the message that okabe received just before the helicopter attacked the time machine? and is it what prevented its destruction ?

"Deceive the world. Connect the possibilities. The world can be tricked." The message is sent from "Mad Scientist"
Sep 26, 2018 1:00 PM
Jan 2015
Hokkyoku-no said:
Oussema said:

"Deceive the world. Connect the possibilities. The world can be tricked." The message is sent from "Mad Scientist"
The message is shown in the VN .... That message makes it zero ... But the anime fucked up everything and tried to make both paths into single linear plot ...
Sep 26, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2016
Kirantarou said:
Hokkyoku-no said:

The message is shown in the VN .... That message makes it zero ... But the anime fucked up everything and tried to make both paths into single linear plot ...

Nothing was really fucked though, even if that message here doesn't seem to play any role.
The consistency with the VN regarding MWC isn't broken.
Sep 27, 2018 5:09 AM
Oct 2012
Aquamirror said:
ina-astral said:

They changed and removed some plot points, although they still handled the story pretty decently.

I knew something is wrong with Kagari's details in the anime, ever since the episode that showed her as 'Amadeus sample' or something few weeks back.. Anyway, thank you for the explanations.
Sep 27, 2018 7:15 AM

Jan 2012
Kirantarou said:
Hokkyoku-no said:

Aquamirror said:
Kirantarou said:

Nothing was really fucked though, even if that message here doesn't seem to play any role.
The consistency with the VN regarding MWC isn't broken.

0 is the story of multiple failed iterations with Okabe learning his lessons and reaching the exact order of small changed worldline iterations to have the outcome he needs to make S;G happen.

The VN shows the initial iterations of PR and V&A like events, which didnt result in MWC as we didnt see the effect of the D-Rine there. Milky Way Crossing is a seperate worldline that didnt have a divergence number.

The anime shows the last iterations of PR and V&A like events in which the MWC 0 Okabe also gets the message from the VN. So yeah Milky Way Crossing is the only thing that is really consistent in both and connects it to the VN iterations (Which makes sense as its a complementary story sharing the same true ending).

Its not linear by any means and the anime doesnt explain a lot of things as they want you to buy the VN in order to get the full picture (which is annoying and i hate explaining some things like the famous episode 4 to anime onlies, as there are still unclear things in both). Knowing how the 0 Director also worked on the Storyboard of Elite its clear we will get someday a 0 Elite that features both iterations of the VN and the Anime.

ina-astral said:
Aquamirror said:

I knew something is wrong with Kagari's details in the anime, ever since the episode that showed her as 'Amadeus sample' or something few weeks back.. Anyway, thank you for the explanations.

better not read such things as they clearly want Anime-Onlies to get the full picture of all 0 iterations with both versions.
In depth spoiler like that only spoil you the VN and bring up more confusing stuff on the table as 0 isnt a linear story in any way.
sanleiSep 27, 2018 7:23 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.