Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 17, 2018 7:01 PM

Mar 2015
MandarBloodeagle said:
Kuma said:

except jump has no power in it... since it was decided by reader voting with some editorial influence... even during those gap, some series do hyped, like kagamigami, which is later axed because poor support... BC in fact not having amazing start... only become upper ranked TOC later on after in water tample arc...

what? do you actually watch those? goku literaly unsoccial in early because raised by hermit... during early dragon ball, he is friendly, but very socially inexperienced... it created lot of misunderstanding and even some hijink how he exploited during early part of series... luffy friend circle is small, (only 3), which later got brutal incident which make the separated.... luffy circle is closed in the bar he rised in and not expanded much until shank give him the goal, which still very experienced as showed in the way he recruit nami, sanji, and zoro... meliodas doesn't even try build relationship, since he moving one place to other... he does have high social skill to operate his bar, but that's it... it's consumer>service....

also, no, it's about what kind of magic, but the way magic is activated and used, which is very contrast....

So you mean Asta is a MC who is sociable through his social skills (like how he befriended Rebecca) and not through his actions (like how he become friendly with Mimosa), then agree with you that is kinda unique for shonen. And yeah I watched those and by definition of sociable each of the mentioned characters meet the requirements for being sociable.

i mean, asta rised normally, even with missing parents... he is experienced getting poking fun, but it make him mentally strong because no one actually has any harm purpose on it.... he know how society works... he also know interact with people... and not has problem to make interact with society... ironically, mimosa also experience it first hand during promotion... which is one made him find asta cool, instead simply it action...

4evaDC said:
The beginning of Black Clover is something we've all seen before, especially if you've seen Naruto - some outcast has a dream of becoming the best.

naruto is anything but outcast tho... he is marginalized from society because his power, which anything but outcast...

4evaDC said:
And he has a rival to boot.

the rival is barely important later on... i think, the fact they are on different circle...

4evaDC said:
Then he joins a ragtag outcast group like in Attack on Titan and there are all plot devices to have an air of mystery like Attack on Titan (This is what happens when you get an insane hit, there will be numerous attempts to do one better).

the group simply designated for outcast tho, no plot device here... it's literally started with yami, something started with julius want to starting merits system instead aristocracy... later because lack of influence and already strong bourjouism there, they only get something like that...

4evaDC said:
Then, in volume 2 onwards, it's pretty much like Fairy Tail wherein each of the Bulls are introduced.

obviously since we introduced the MC circle for the upcoming story, it make no sense otherwise...

4evaDC said:
The only hope I really have for the series are the enemies being smart about some things so the plot twist feels different (like in 7 deadly sins) and other one is the point that the Wizard King makes about what it takes to become the Wizard King. Those are the standouts for me in the series.

But moments like those are sparse, so it's hard not to see the hate for it.

it's always has been... just not big enough... it does not doing something exactly new and breaking, but doesn't mean there is no difference, when you pin point on each story, you will realize there is lot deviation when still using said trope...

Stripes said:
It's for shounen fags who want to stay in the past with their action heavy dumbass characters. I don't exactly hate it, I intend to read in here soon but I understand why it's popular, unfortunately.

too many talk, less action, isn't that what people hate from big 3, or DB, saint seiya, etc? lOl...
KumaSep 17, 2018 7:09 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 17, 2018 7:39 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuma said:

Stripes said:
It's for shounen fags who want to stay in the past with their action heavy dumbass characters. I don't exactly hate it, I intend to read in here soon but I understand why it's popular, unfortunately.

too many talk, less action, isn't that what people hate from big 3, or DB, saint seiya, etc? lOl...

The audience who loves that still exists. They're the same people who avidly follow Dragon Ball Super, still follow Boruto out of nostalgia obligation, and cry glory when any news about Kubo emerges. The bro demographics eats that shit up.
Sep 17, 2018 7:57 PM

May 2010
Kuma said:

it's always has been... just not big enough... it does not doing something exactly new and breaking, but doesn't mean there is no difference, when you pin point on each story, you will realize there is lot deviation when still using said trope...

Are you really going for semantics just to show differences despite the parallels? You know that Jump will not copy scenario-by-scenario, right? The problem is that it is reminding people of shows that are recent.

The point is that if people find that it brings nothing fresh to the table, it's a hard sell. So I understand why people would hate it.
Sep 17, 2018 8:15 PM

Aug 2015
There is, but i do like since it's too funny!

Sep 17, 2018 8:27 PM

Aug 2018
I tried to read the manga but it was horrible and i dropped before chapter 20.
Most of the hate steems from the first episode of Black Clover (most haters that i know of this havent gone past ep 3) since Asta screaming is on another level on this particular episode. I think that the show does an actual good job on his first episode since it doesnt try to fool you and it spills out the complete truth about what the show is going to be right from the get go instead of trying to hide his weaknesses, poor writing etc. If you dislike ep 1 of BC the show is clearly not for you and you should drop it. I think this is actually amazing and i would love if more shows did this so i could not waste my time trying to get invested in some mediocre crap (dropping animes after seeing a bunch of episodes is really infuriating ok?).
Of course he tones down (barely) but that's just how his character his made and to be honest this is the most surprising part for me. Screaming on anime is like fighting in shounens.
It's always there and is probably the most essential way to portray emotions (fear, sadness, happyness well pretty much everything) so when someone who actually watches anime comes and says "I don't like screaming" i hear "i love ice cream but i hate how cold it is".
The show is highly aware of this with lines "Screaming really hard is my magic" "Your voice power doesnt match your phisical appearance" etc.
Also the whole "Magic King" tends to shut down any fair criticism of the show since everyone seems to gets a torch, pitchfork paired with the autistic battle cry screehing of "It's a Naruto/One Piece/some shounen rip off!"
The "being the best of the best like no one ever was" is really common on shounens but you dont hear anyone complaining about Deku from BNHA wanting to be the greatest hero on the world or other shounens who follow on this path of a character wanting to be the "king" of something.
I, has the disgustingly biased anime lover of Black Clover that i am cannot for the life of me do a 1+1=2 and realize why people compare Black Clover to Naruto or One Piece.
I found his motivation to wanting to be the Magic King and "To prove to anyone that even if you are poor or an orphan you can still become the magic king!" dozens of times more charming than i dunno Naruto wanting to be Hokage, Luffy being pirate king or Deku being the greatest hero.
He as a character might not be incredibly original but the circumstances that surround him truly are.
He doesn't has a dark past, nor he is relegated or has his parents de- ah well haha lets drop that already.
I heard a lot of fans from the manga complain about the show slow pacing but on my humble opinion the manga goes at light speed and moves forward to a ridiculous level (yeah yeah there is also the meme of ep 5 of black clover: "Well folks that was the third chapter of the manga")
It is not the second coming of christ when it comes to shounen but to be honest BNHA isnt a god of originality yet criticism isnt thrown at the show as harshly as it is thrown at BC (probably because of the walking oppais that try to pass as female characters? Well to be fair there is two of those in BC too...)
I think that all the criticism that this show has received is pretty unfair.

I would have loved seeing people critizicing the truly poor aspects about the anime like the incredibly poorly and weak magic system (being literally a book, mana and deus ex machina/power of friendship/plot device spells that pop out), a romantic interest that can be seen kilometers away or the """animation""" of the fights (anything but the Vatto vs everyone, Yami vs Licht cannot be considered fights).
Or you know the animation that seems to be made on MS Paint (hey look Asta is speaking but his mouth isnt moving i didnt knew he was Saiki Kusuo lost brother!).
Sadly the animation isnt bad enough to be laughable nor good enough to be endurable.
A contest of "Drink some beer when the animation budget seems nonexistant" could easily lead to death sooner than one could expect and ep 35 of BC seems to mashup all the saved up budget for the show into that single episode. There is also the fact that Grey runs out of mana like crazy so "some might not be drawn the same" (?) (that was a reference and a poor atempt at a joke please dont bully me pls)
CordobezEverdeenSep 17, 2018 8:34 PM
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 17, 2018 8:37 PM

Oct 2014
I don't think many people hate on the manga, unless it's the usual anti-shounen types. But as a shounen slut myself, I can't stand the anime. I've read a majority of the manga (couple months behind atm though) and enjoy it. But Asta in the anime is just unbearable. I think a lot of people feel the same.
Sep 17, 2018 9:40 PM

Mar 2015
Stripes said:
Kuma said:

The audience who loves that still exists. They're the same people who avidly follow Dragon Ball Super, still follow Boruto out of nostalgia obligation, and cry glory when any news about Kubo emerges. The bro demographics eats that shit up.

hence why BC is better? less talk, more action? but still, anime adaptation screw it tho... make me remember jojo and kinnikuman... BnHA is closer to big 3 than BC for comparison in amount of dialogue, monologues, and exposition...
4evaDC said:
Kuma said:

Are you really going for semantics just to show differences despite the parallels? You know that Jump will not copy scenario-by-scenario, right? The problem is that it is reminding people of shows that are recent.

The point is that if people find that it brings nothing fresh to the table, it's a hard sell. So I understand why people would hate it.

but it is selll, and it does bring something new to the table...

@CordobezEverdeen
funny enough, magic king is mistranslation, since there is king, which is different from julius nova position... julius is more of general magic army if anything than kings... it's not inherited, it's gain trough merits, and choosen by fellow magic captain as prove of strength...
KumaSep 17, 2018 9:43 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 17, 2018 9:43 PM

Oct 2017
I liked it at first but now it's quickly turn into a Fairy Tail 2.0
Sep 17, 2018 9:45 PM

Aug 2018
Ehh its like naruto it has the same tropes same basic characters but its fine
-Just roki roll!!!
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Wimp3452
If you click on that you will die
Sep 18, 2018 7:33 AM
Sep 18, 2018 11:19 AM

Sep 2015
what i don't get, is how this thread hasn't moved to its respective anime sub-forums?
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Sep 18, 2018 1:21 PM
Oct 2017
People just like jumping in the hate train
Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.
Sep 18, 2018 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
I'm watching it now and I'm surprised it doesn't completely suck. It's not great either, but not nearly as bad as others kept telling me it was.
Sep 18, 2018 3:27 PM
Aug 2018
I think its bad because like you said its all cliche......honestly before I watched this i thought it was really good.....then I watched the first episode and man.......is this Naruto 3.0?!?! So unoriginal plus the arts not that appealing ...ahem......ahem.....Pierrot......plus asta makes me dont use my headsets.......but yeah its just too predictable maybe im in no place to judge because i watched like only 11 eps of it but yeah i think im gonna drop it..
Sep 18, 2018 4:20 PM

Jun 2016
4evaDC said:
Shiroyasha_97 said:

So yeah I really cannot see the hate on this anime/manga

It's like 7 Deadly Sins. It's pretty boring at the beginning but it ramps up.

The beginning of Black Clover is something we've all seen before, especially if you've seen Naruto - some outcast has a dream of becoming the best. And he has a rival to boot. Then he joins a ragtag outcast group like in Attack on Titan and there are all plot devices to have an air of mystery like Attack on Titan (This is what happens when you get an insane hit, there will be numerous attempts to do one better).

Then, in volume 2 onwards, it's pretty much like Fairy Tail wherein each of the Bulls are introduced.

The only hope I really have for the series are the enemies being smart about some things so the plot twist feels different (like in 7 deadly sins) and other one is the point that the Wizard King makes about what it takes to become the Wizard King. Those are the standouts for me in the series.

But moments like those are sparse, so it's hard not to see the hate for it.

BC isnt anything like sins lol, its shit like this where you people try so hard to compare BC with other shows to make its less original and not its own thing. Yea the beginning is like naruto but its its own thing like on, fairytail didnt create guilds only thing they have in common is magic; idk why guys like you try so hard to make forced comparisons like really, attack on titan? jfl
Sep 18, 2018 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
Id give this show 1/10 but still wouldn't hate it
every those so called worst shows have some good points such as unique character designs , good ops, smooth fight scenes etc
black clover fails to live up its hype but it certainly isn't unwatchable
at least it has a ok story with ok characters
Sep 18, 2018 7:29 PM

May 2010
theultimate341 said:

BC isnt anything like sins lol, its shit like this where you people try so hard to compare BC with other shows to make its less original and not its own thing. Yea the beginning is like naruto but its its own thing like on, fairytail didnt create guilds only thing they have in common is magic; idk why guys like you try so hard to make forced comparisons like really, attack on titan? jfl

What I mean by BC being like Sins is the fact that 7 Deadly sins borrows a lot of conventions as well which makes the beginning of Seven Deadly Sins boring. However, for Sins, these conventions are more of the things you find in older series like the Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest so it's not that noticeable to anyone who hasn't read/seen many older shonen series.

It's not that I "try hard" to make force comparisons - I do read the series, lol. It's just that I understand why people won't like it because I see it as I'm reading it.

The fact that people insist that others should care for it and invest time in it because it's unique to them makes me laugh. Post Attack-on-Titan, we can afford to be selective as manga publishers are greenlighting fantasy series that contain strong elements of foreshadowing in the storytelling.
Sep 18, 2018 7:40 PM

Aug 2015
Because it was animated by pierrot.... if it was animated by a studio that the wankers/plebs worship.. such as madhouse and bones.... it will be another story,

personally i cant stand the mc scream.
Sep 18, 2018 7:50 PM

Aug 2018
MeinKaiser said:
Because it was animated by pierrot.... if it was animated by a studio that the wankers/plebs worship.. such as madhouse and bones.... it will be another story,

personally i cant stand the mc scream.

Wow from all the replies on this thread (including mine) this seems like the most conceivable answer.
The show is over. Give MeinKaiser the one piece or whatever the crap one piece treasure is.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 18, 2018 8:09 PM

Jun 2016
4evaDC said:
theultimate341 said:

What I mean by BC being like Sins is the fact that 7 Deadly sins borrows a lot of conventions as well which makes the beginning of Seven Deadly Sins boring. However, for Sins, these conventions are more of the things you find in older series like the Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest so it's not that noticeable to anyone who hasn't read/seen many older shonen series.

It's not that I "try hard" to make force comparisons - I do read the series, lol. It's just that I understand why people won't like it because I see it as I'm reading it.

The fact that people insist that others should care for it and invest time in it because it's unique to them makes me laugh. Post Attack-on-Titan, we can afford to be selective as manga publishers are greenlighting fantasy series that contain strong elements of foreshadowing in the storytelling.

Thats a dumb claim BC is unique in its own way, just because say 7DS is like DBZ in some aspect doesnt mean someone else wont bother to watch it you cant decipher someones taste just because someone watched naruto, one piece, bleach doesnt mean they wont like MHA, BC etc. Tokyo ghoul, Ajin, and Parastye all have the same concept just because you saw one of them doesnt mean the other isnt unique.
Sep 18, 2018 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
@Shiroyasha_97

Personally, I heard the manga was not bad. As for the anime...how can I explain this?

Have you ever been to one of those agonizing elementary school plays? You know, the ones where the writing and story are boring and basic because the teacher was lazy and wanted the kids to follow along? The ones where the lines and acting are so forced the actors sound like they're reading from a script titled, "What Would Shounen Characters Do"? And then there's always that one child who wants to be the next Broadway star and shouts from the top of their lungs even though they don't have to. But, by the end, they all sing that cute, catchy song and try to make you forget the 30 minutes of agony you endured.

That's Black Clover the anime...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2018 8:57 PM

Apr 2016
The "hate" seems to be coming from the older members of the fandom who've seen enough shounen that they're frustrated by the fans of Black Clover who keep saying "it's good", only for the anime to tell the same story that has been told by dozens of other anime. 50 episodes in, and they don't see why the fans are hyping the series up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hHiqkBgEoc

https://youtu.be/TMtojLDdiI8?t=12
Sep 18, 2018 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
It's meta. The whole story revolves around how Asta is looked down, scorned, and mocked. Yet he never gives up, he works hard to overcome his own weakness, continues to push forward. Others become charmed by his will and determination. They see his value beyond all the prejudices, and want to see him grow more. What worth is there in those who can't look beyond the surface and see his true potential?

Sep 19, 2018 11:46 AM

Nov 2016
Its very simple. Majority of us do not judge an anime based on manga.
so those 2 are very seperate things.

For example when i say i dislike Black clover anime i just mean the anime. dont talk to me about the manga because i havent read it. infact for the most part i think people like the manga very much
Sep 19, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Sep 19, 2018 5:44 PM

Mar 2014
Does Asta ever stop screaming? The world may never know.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Sep 19, 2018 7:51 PM

Dec 2017
cause its like naruto but not as great
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Sep 19, 2018 10:35 PM

Jan 2018
Those who hates on Black Clover are just entitled noobs who want to be edgy. Imagine using the same argument of the MC voice acting for almost a year just to say Black Clover is bad, saying it's a Naruto clone just because it uses the same tropes but praise MHA for doing the same, Can't relate. 💀 It's obvious they don't follow the anime anymore when they keep on saying MC is annoying because of his screaming that's why they think it's trash when their reasons are more generic than Black Clover's plot.
Sep 19, 2018 10:56 PM

Feb 2015
i found myself muting the tv and watching it in sub... i still only made it 15 episodes. the show had very few redeeming quality's, the grating voice thing i could have ignored if the story had been compelling and it just wasnt, not an original cell to be had.
Sep 19, 2018 11:03 PM

Feb 2015
wonhallyu17 said:
Those who hates on Black Clover are just entitled noobs who want to be edgy. Imagine using the same argument of the MC voice acting for almost a year just to say Black Clover is bad, saying it's a Naruto clone just because it uses the same tropes but praise MHA for doing the same, Can't relate. 💀 It's obvious they don't follow the anime anymore when they keep on saying MC is annoying because of his screaming that's why they think it's trash when their reasons are more generic than Black Clover's plot.
Did you admit that black clover's plot is generic? if not then your last sentence certainly makes it sound that way.

and thats mr. entitled noob to you son.
Sep 20, 2018 4:04 AM
Dec 2016
Because BNHA fanboys dont wanna admit there are shows on par/better than their precious little show in this generation.
Sep 20, 2018 10:34 PM
Feb 2018
fancyjasper said:

When i said it's trying to take Naruto's place, i meant i feel like Black Clover was made just to capitalize on the Naruto manga finishing. To fill the void Naruto has left in the shonen magazine.

That's the weirdest mistake on manga placement I ever see. Usually, I see Fairy Tail is mistaken as Shonen Jump manga, rather than Naruto as Shonen Magazine manga.
Sep 21, 2018 3:06 AM

May 2014
Akangka said:
fancyjasper said:

When i said it's trying to take Naruto's place, i meant i feel like Black Clover was made just to capitalize on the Naruto manga finishing. To fill the void Naruto has left in the shonen magazine.

That's the weirdest mistake on manga placement I ever see. Usually, I see Fairy Tail is mistaken as Shonen Jump manga, rather than Naruto as Shonen Magazine manga.

It's just a little mistake XD It's obvious what i meant.
Sep 21, 2018 6:30 AM

Aug 2015
It honestly deserves the hate because not only this is a horrendous adaptation but it panders to the lowest common denominator of shounen fan's who haven't stuff like HxH, Jojo, Magi, FMA, Gintama, Sket Dance and Yu Yu Hakusho.
The worst thing about that the fanboys keeping on defending it without giving any legit reason why.
>>> The fights in Black Clover are great
>>> The comedy is funny
>>> It will get better .Set arc will make the series good...
Am sorry but great fights and comedy don't automatically make a show good. It's story and characters that make a show worthwhile and if any show doesn't do that than it's automatic trash with no substance and Black Clover is a epitome of this shit.
Also any show that takes over 50 episodes to get's good is downright unacceptable because saying that the show gets better around episode 50+ episodes is also like saying that in order to get to the good stuff we have to endure 50 episodes of pure garbage content.
Sep 21, 2018 9:52 PM

Jan 2018
PhantomKurata said:
It honestly deserves the hate because not only this is a horrendous adaptation but it panders to the lowest common denominator of shounen fan's who haven't stuff like HxH, Jojo, Magi, FMA, Gintama, Sket Dance and Yu Yu Hakusho.
The worst thing about that the fanboys keeping on defending it without giving any legit reason why.
>>> The comedy is funny
Am sorry but great fights and comedy don't automatically make a show good. It's story and characters that make a show worthwhile and if any show doesn't do that than it's automatic trash with no substance and Black Clover is a epitome of this shit.
Also any show that takes over 50 episodes to get's good is downright unacceptable because saying that the show gets better around episode 50+ episodes is also like saying that in order to get to the good stuff we have to endure 50 episodes of pure garbage content.

You know, your comment makes you a hypocrite. You have the audacity to say Black Clover is garbage and deserves it's hate when you have a Little Witch Academia profile on your dp which is obviously a ripoff MHA artstyle and which has litte to no substance plot and characters than Black Clover. :///

KurtvonSteiger said:
wonhallyu17 said:
Did you admit that black clover's plot is generic? if not then your last sentence certainly makes it sound that way.

and thats mr. entitled noob to you son.

and what about it? I didn't say Black Clover is not generic, my point is those people who keeps hating on this show for similar and obvious reasons are more generic that it's plot.
Sep 21, 2018 10:02 PM
Oct 2017
The on black clover is definitely deserved
Sep 22, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
Stripes said:

Did you really write this with some fujoshi fag hag signature of the exact same show (but with a different name) *sigh*
Sep 22, 2018 9:04 AM
Sep 2018
Now what is a hater? That is the question we should really ask here. For oh you bias, you are a hater. You are just a fanboy lol. Can all be used to dismiss legit issues or flaws a series might have. Even older ones had flaws as well. Like Jojo. Which there is nothing wrong with pointing out these flaws. Given pointing out these flaws or issues could lead to a better overall improved story.

Yet given how it's so easy to dismiss people. What is hate? Is it just going lol this show suck or does it also mean stuff that goes more into detail? Like saying the reason Asta being treated like a normal shounen character and getting powers up as the series goes along doesn't work like it does in other series is due to his power is the ability to negate other's powers and make them useless. Thus making him more and more broken to the point of making viewers ask how are you meant to truly challenge or make this character struggle or at least not have his abilities become i win button sooner or later. For legitimate criticism is not hate. For it's just giving useful feedback. Which can help to give a creator a general idea of what the strengths and flaws of are their story. Which is why jojo part two is better then part one. It kept what was strong in part one but removed the flaws, to make a overall better story. With better flesh out supporting villains, better supporting cast. It could also be you know the same for black clover. Help it to improve by allowing the creator to know their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to telling a tale.

For if someone was reviewing this. Well that is their job as a reviewer to state both the good and bad with it. To give someone a clear idea if they would be interested in the series or not. That even if the reviewer thinks the piece of media is bad or good, as long as someone is given enough information to make up their mind if this series is for them. Then job well done. After all someone might like say Asta as character while others might find him annoying as heck.

Sep 22, 2018 9:04 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Yales said:
Stripes said:

Did you really write this with some fujoshi fag hag signature of the exact same show (but with a different name) *sigh*

Liking a ship doesn’t make me a fujoshi. You ignorant fuck.
Sep 22, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know honestly. It's quite nice series.
Sep 22, 2018 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
Black clover was rated above 8 before the e-celebs bashed it and the bandwagoners started hating it without even watching it.
Sep 22, 2018 2:21 PM

Dec 2008
Pierrot is the problem.
Sep 22, 2018 6:58 PM
Sep 2018
ichii_1 said:
Black clover was rated above 8 before the e-celebs bashed it and the bandwagoners started hating it without even watching it.

Given most reviews or indepth looks of the anime came out when it had around 6 episodes. These 6 episodes only cover 4 chapters of the manga. IN the time it takes you to watch these 6 episodes. You could of been easily farther ahead in the manga version of it. Given normally anime does the whole 2 to 3 chapters per episode when based off a manga. The pacing with these early episodes was truly awful. Has it gotten better? Yes, with episodes getting faster to the point. That and in the anime the main character gets his anti magic sword ability due to a Deus ex machina. If it didn't show up at that time, he would of lose to that starting villain. Unlike his second sword, at least that was found in a dungeon which they were scouting out to see if it had anything of worth.

Yeah these early episodes had legit issues. Awful pacing and needless filler. No foreshadowing or real build up to the main character getting his main sword. It is just granted to him out of the blue. Heck you could of easily have rewritten it to have him find the book laying around on the ground or even the sword, after not being given a book when everyone else was. With him having no idea what to do with it or how to command the book. That way at least it would of been build up to and not come out of the blue when he finally does use that giant sword to beat the first starting villain.

Yeah the anime's early episodes had some legit issues. The pacing truly should of not been that awful for anime that just started. Given you want to hook people and get them into your world by setting up the basics of the setting as quick as possible early on. For you could spend the same time you did on these 6 episodes of black clover and be half way through the 2012 anime version of jojo phantom blood, which covers way more of the story it's trying to tell. Then black clover anime did with the same 6 episodes.
Sep 22, 2018 7:32 PM

Jun 2010
I was one of those early haters... dropping the show at the 3rd episode. But I am so glad I came back the other day and gave this show a second chance!

I now love Asta and the Black Bulls so much! They're so much fun and are a unique bunch of crazy mofos if I ever saw one.

It's a shame so many people wrote off this show so early....imo they're missing out. :)
WallenwhatsitSep 22, 2018 7:36 PM

Sep 22, 2018 7:58 PM
Oct 2017
NeoAnkara said:
Black Clover quality is in upward trajectory so you can expect it to get better and better.
yeah and it's only going to get worse after it's peak
Sep 23, 2018 12:07 AM
Sep 2018
OtakuMonaku-sama said:
NeoAnkara said:
Black Clover quality is in upward trajectory so you can expect it to get better and better.

The person you are quoting to. I think might just be part of the reason why. It's get better but how is getting better? Rather vague really. Which is not really going to get someone to check out a series.

If we talk about Anime. Well the pacing has gotten better and is not as awful as the first six episodes. Some characters did get at least basic backstory or character growth. Could easily go on. Really don't see much indepth talk about why it's good, just vague talk. Of course that might just be me and where i normally hang out.

For the people who had issues with it, i see go a lot more indepth about it then the people who enjoyed it. For if you normally want someone to go it's good it's good. You normally have to give some detail. For it's like ok it's good buy why? Is normally what i see when it comes to people saying it's good. A bit more detail with talking about why it's good. Could do wonders if they want others to give it a shot or watch it.
Sep 23, 2018 12:42 AM

Mar 2015
PhantomKurata said:

this sentence made 0 sense because it contradict... if they does a shounen sucker, no way they haven't watch those popular shounen? we are not even talking those already forgotten old series , or something that just criminally underrated for outsider like flame of recca.

PhantomKurata said:
>>> The comedy is funny

i can said same about haters... so...

PhantomKurata said:

elaborate why BC is trash and no substance... you are just claiming it so far...

PhantomKurata said:

aww, heck... make me remember the old good city hunter which doesn't even starting get serious for a very serious theme for like 130+ chapter and just watching ryou saiba (or whatever his name) going around doing gimmick and being pervert or kochikame which only get some kind of plot after 200+ chapter, heck even gintama doesn't really get good until 90+... no wonder some people called modern anime fans have attention span of goldfish (disclaimer, it's not me)... get too acostumized with rushed courly pace...

OtakuMonaku-sama said:
NeoAnkara said:
can you tell me where is the peak?
KumaSep 23, 2018 12:50 AM
Sep 23, 2018 1:18 AM
Oct 2017

OtakuMonaku-sama said:
NeoAnkara said:
can you tell me where is the peak?[/quote]
swoosh
Sep 23, 2018 1:36 AM
Sep 2018
"aww, heck... make me remember the old good city hunter which doesn't even starting get serious for a very serious theme for like 130+ chapter and just watching ryou saiba (or whatever his name) going around doing gimmick and being pervert or kochikame which only get some kind of plot after 200+ chapter, heck even gintama doesn't really get good until 90+... no wonder some people called modern anime fans have attention span of goldfish (disclaimer, it's not me)... get too acostumized with rushed courly pace..."

You do know they didn't say only starts getting serious. They said gets better as in a boost of quality. Quality is how well done thing is. Something can be very well done like a comedy without being serious. Given we have slice of life shows. Romance shows. Parody shows.

Which well that is the thing there. Is it worth sitting through the worst stuff just to get to the good stuff? For clearly even you have admit here with gintama that before it gets good, you have to sit through or read lesser quality stuff before you get to the good bits. Unless you just skip on ahead. Which brings up the question of if it only gets good later on. Why do i want to sit through lesser quality content when i can merely skip ahead to the good stuff or choose to watch/read something which is good from start to finish?

It always just brings up the question of ok this stuff before you reach x is worst. is it worth sitting through to get to the good stuff? That or we merely misusing the word good. Where the content it's self is fine or good on it's own, it just gets even better later on. Making even the start worth sitting through for it's enjoyable on it's own. That or in a more story heavy show, does it have foreshadowing and build it that you need to watch it for to understand the story arc later on when it gets good? For something being a slow burn that sets up the pieces on the chess board for this big story arc. I think might be a tad different then something that is simply bad. Given it set up all the pieces before hand to make sure this all makes senses rather then just throwing it at you and hoping it makes sense.

For i think we really need context for usage here. Given it might just be we are using the term good only to detail the best stuff. While the show or media in question might have good traits or quality to it but due to how we are misusing the label here. It might make it seem worst then it really is when there are good traits to be found in say even the early stuff. So to speak.
Sep 23, 2018 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
Stripes said:
Yales said:

Liking a ship doesn’t make me a fujoshi. You ignorant fuck.

All I'm saying is that for some ppl, being able to ship characters makes it a better anime. Proof with boku no hero academia.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.