Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2018 12:23 AM

Aug 2014
I'm kind of confused about this.

MAL says there are 5 volumes.
Baka-Updates says "5 Volumes (Complete), 5 Bunkoban Volumes, 1 Aizouban Volume".
Wikipedia says it has 10 volumes.
Amazon says it has 10 volumes.

The 5th volume, which apparently is the last one in the english release, seems out of print, since I can find its page on BookDepository, but it's impossible to find even a single used copy for any price.
So, I'm wondering if the English release was cancelled after the 5th volume (assuming it has 10) or if it's actually complete (assuming it has 5).
Jan 2, 2019 9:39 AM

Aug 2011
DarthSomebody said:
I'm kind of confused about this.

MAL says there are 5 volumes.
Baka-Updates says "5 Volumes (Complete), 5 Bunkoban Volumes, 1 Aizouban Volume".
Wikipedia says it has 10 volumes.
Amazon says it has 10 volumes.

The 5th volume, which apparently is the last one in the english release, seems out of print, since I can find its page on BookDepository, but it's impossible to find even a single used copy for any price.
So, I'm wondering if the English release was cancelled after the 5th volume (assuming it has 10) or if it's actually complete (assuming it has 5).

Hello there.
I'm french, and I have the manga at home.
In France, and in Japan (as MAL says) they are only 5 volumes of this manga.

So I guess that maybe they split the volumes (in jap/french volumes may be 2 in english), that's why they say 10 in your country.
Jan 2, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
Badid55 said:
Hello there.

So I guess that maybe they split the volumes (in jap/french volumes may be 2 in english), that's why they say 10 in your country.

Thank you for your response. I just compared the info of the French and the English volumes, and what you said seems to be right. The first volume in English has 144 pages, but the first volume in French has 230 pages.

I found out through reddit that the 5th volume in English already had a release date, but then it was cancelled. So basically there are 2 of the 5 original volumes out in English.
Jan 3, 2019 5:29 AM

Aug 2011
DarthSomebody said:
Badid55 said:
Hello there.

Thank you for your response. I just compared the info of the French and the English volumes, and what you said seems to be right. The first volume in English has 144 pages, but the first volume in French has 230 pages.

I found out through reddit that the 5th volume in English already had a release date, but then it was cancelled. So basically there are 2 of the 5 original volumes out in English.

I saw that you're from germany. If that's right, then you can try to have some in France.
But I guess the english is hard to obtain, because this manga is about the japanese history, so the vocabulary is pretty strong and hard to translate (even if it would be easier to translate it directly from french to english).
So I guess you will have to check for scan online, or for an english translation with the french books...

Good luck!
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.