Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's some heavy firepower...

Looks like Erwin is back and it's good to see him with Eren and the others. He has that sort of leadership personality that they need on their site. Historia's renewed confidence as a soldier also was refreshing to see. Very proud of her!

Got some classic Titan action this week and too and I have to admit that it was exciting to see everyone working together. The music those scenes looks even better.
Stark700Sep 16, 2018 11:25 AM
Sep 16, 2018 9:05 AM

Feb 2017
Incredible episode. Action, music, everything was top notch.
Sep 16, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode the 3d and handrawn mixture was executed well for Rods titan.
Sep 16, 2018 10:04 AM
Nov 2017
Good episode, it's good to see good teamwork.that ends this arc
Sep 16, 2018 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
I was a bit skeptical at the start of the episode because of the weird transition between the CGI and the traditional 2D but damn... When the fight started there was some crazy Shingeki no Kyojin-like action.

Arifumi Imai's greatness^^^

Good moment for both Historia and Eren. So Historia is like the queen of the walls or something?...
Anyway, it seems like that was the end of this arc, and I personally think it was great.

Also, the music blended incredibly well this episode.

4.5/5 I thought it was over for Kenny but that cliffhanger.
MrMushinSep 16, 2018 1:56 PM
Sep 16, 2018 11:40 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode. Everything was top notch. Rod Reiss was really scary once he showed his destroyed face while his intestines were falling down. I'm glad he's finally dead. I guess we get a flashback for Kenny next week.
Sep 16, 2018 11:41 AM

May 2018
The animation was fucking amazing this episode, but i didn't really feel anything for the events in the episode, no real stakes and everything was super convenient, guess that's the downside for such fast pacing.
Sep 16, 2018 11:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Erwin's plan was to use the city's population as the bait for the Reiss titan. Despite the array of firepower used they sure didn't do much though. Its nice that Eren was able to realize the truth about his strength though. Reiss's underbody sure was gross. That fight though sure was intense. Smart thinking using both ingested explosives and the ODM gear though. Historia's first fight with her father sure proved fatal for him. Looks like Kenny has one last surprise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2018 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
awesome and action packed just what we wanna see from snk

season 3 the best season so far for me
Sep 16, 2018 11:46 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
The amount of artillery was real, sad it had no effect but still awesome.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 16, 2018 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, as everyone mentioned. Fantastic animation and the action scenes were amazing. The explosions were brilliant.

Personally, I didn't expect Rod Reiss to go down this fast, It was at the point it almost felt easy. I guess since he hasn't eaten anyone, he doesn't have any powers but still, I was under the impression that he was really dangerous.

Eren and Historia's scene were awesome especially Historia's. Loved that shot of her flying towards Rod Reiss's nape and cutting it.

Does Kenny have what I think he has at the end there? :O

Looking forward to the beginning of the next arc.
Sep 16, 2018 11:59 AM

Dec 2015
That was epic as fuck. Erwin is impressive as always with the plans that he comes up. Looks like Kenny managed to snatch one of the serums from Reiss' bag.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 16, 2018 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Probably my favourite episode.

Although I didn't like some of the CGI, the hand drawn parts of the titan were fucking glorious to watch. Episode had a lot of gore too so that is always a plus.

Historia continues to be best girl of this show.

Also holy fuck, Kenny gonna transform into a titan? This man just cannot quit
Sep 16, 2018 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
It's been so long since I read this arc in the manga so it's like I'm experiencing this for the first time again, and damn this was awesome. The action, animation, music, etc.....it shouldn't be a surprise at this point, but all of that was on point, as expected from this show. Historia's growth has been a pleasure to watch as well.

Also, no one else is mentioning this, but I just want to point out that I REALLY liked the small scene at the beginning of the episode, right before the OP. Idk, it just looked really fucking cool to me.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 16, 2018 12:14 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was BEYOND AWESOME. It was beautiful and I feel like we’re finally getting somewhere. I am so excited for next week’s episode; what is that cocky, sneaky Kenny up to?
Sep 16, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
That was creepy and gross, no mouth, no eyes and the internal organs falling over the wall, I loved it!
Levi should finish Kenny now!
Sep 16, 2018 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Rod Reiss's Titan has to be the creepiest one so far presented in the series, along with the Titan who kileld Levi's friend in the OVA and the one who ate Eren's mom. That part where he stands to the wall with half of his face missing and spilling his guts on the wall was disgusting. Gotta say, loved how he was presented in 3D but in the close up he was hand-drawn. Made me remember Envy from FMA.

The episode was amazing. Good action sequences, Historia takes her place as the queen, Rod Reiss is defeated for good and Eren stopped being emo. I'm so glad they ended saving the day without killing any civilian.

It seems Kenny is done for. Too bad, I liked him, he was a cool antagonist.
Sep 16, 2018 12:28 PM
Apr 2018
They tried the ARTILLERY ONLY challenge...but they failed...
Eren punching himself was priceless!
Reiss Titan had a cute face and nice abs....no seriously he is creppy AF.
Also, those who have trypophobia will dislike this episode.
The whole fight was very good.
Kenny, what are you planning to do you sneaky bastard?

Overall, an very fast paced but awesome episode!
Manaarii_0Sep 16, 2018 12:32 PM
Sep 16, 2018 12:40 PM
Apr 2018
Ugh, Reiss' titan was so gross.
Sep 16, 2018 12:43 PM

Mar 2012
Damn. This is definitely the best season out of the franchise so far, imo. I'm REALLY excited for this next arc, too. It's considered one of the best. Also, the basement. We may finally see it.
Sep 16, 2018 12:50 PM

Jan 2017
HahahaahahahahahahahahHahaahahHahaaha hahahhaa
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I loved how eren shat (made up past participle of sh*t) himself right when he said "Rod Reiss, tomare chibi oyajii" (stop you tiny old man).
The fear was real. With Levi's eyes staring into him.
Still, erens shouting came across a tad cringy. As well as him beating himself up... I always find the self beating anime scenes so strange -fair enough slapping yourself to focus, but whatever it is that eren did (something stupidly indescribable) please don't do that again.
In other news, what is Kenny scheming now

I gotta say, however, this episode was dope... A renewed eren -for how long though?- and taking out that dirty Titan seemed really well done... I loved how they emphasised how disgusting that Titan was; what, with rod Reiss Titan disemboweling itself by standing up.
Loved it.
Sep 16, 2018 12:52 PM
Mar 2017
I'm so glad that the reveal of the underside of the supercolossal titan was 2D and not CGI. And I was more impressed it was even more gorey than the manga, with the guts dropping. The coup arc was one of my favorites in the manga and S3 is definetely the best one in my opinion.
Sep 16, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
Really great episode, and everything was adapted perfectly. Rod reiss titan was really frightening. It was even creepier than the manga version. When historia had that flashback, I kinda felt sorry for them both, her and her father. 5/5.
Emerald_WinterSep 16, 2018 3:25 PM
Sep 16, 2018 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
I was worried that they removed the scene where Eren tried to control Rodd, but then I remembered: this studio has a habit of rearranging stuff to make things interesting even if you have already read the manga.

I loved that they added Levi behind Eren when Eren was shouting 'kono chibi oyaji'. The look of fear on his face is no different from the time he comes face to face with titans. Normally, shounen anime would use SD characters for such a scene, but this anime just doesn't do that. lol!

They removed the scene where Sasha says she wasn't hungry. I had been looking forward to that scene for more than two years, so I am a little disappointed.

I hope Erwin and Sasha get more screen time.

I am really excited for the next episode. This arc has some of the best flashbacks in the story. They really change the way you look at this world.
Sep 16, 2018 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode in all aspects!
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 16, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode! It was nice to see normally drawn Rod's titan in some scenes. But CGI still hurt my eyes x.x
Sep 16, 2018 1:21 PM
Jun 2017
Please can anyone tell me whose grave eren visited in this episode and any news on the new opening
Sep 16, 2018 1:26 PM

May 2016
Boy oh boy that was intense, I didn’t think it could be so flashy I loved the fact that Historia did the ending blow showed Rode Reiss’s memories and with that fluid animation. 6/5
Sep 16, 2018 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
I think I'm one of the few people that didn't like the episode. Looking back now, I think this is the only one that I actually dislike.

- The opening shot was great even though it kept changing between 2D and 3D. And I still don't get how the dude even had eyes at that point.
- Eren's punching scene was ok. The little guy joke was cool though.
- They keep making this weird CGI shots of Rod's titan that should look amazing but the CG doesn't fit (in case you don't know, Rod's titan from ground 'til the top of his back is about 40 meters).
- Eren's thinking of how Historia has grown and how pathetic he is was the best part of the episode by far. Especially the punching.
- Rod's titan organs falling from his body was a nice addition. But once he got up, the constant change between 2D and 3D kind of ruined the mood.
- Eren's appearing from the smoke behind erwin was dope.
- Eren putting the barrels inside Rod's mouth was dumb. In the manga he launched them inside his mouth so he wouldn't get caught by the explosion. How did he survived that?
- The time. Either Kenny survived almost 24 hours injured or the time is wrong. They were supposed to be fight by dawn but it looked like midday to me. Then at the end seems like noon... Wtf?
- The music was kind of good though.
- The ending. I think that ending with Historia accepting herself is a good way to end the episode and so it seemed but for some reason they used Kenny, which I'm ok with but I still don't get why they showed some flashbacks about him if everything is gonna come up next episode.

Smaller, tiny, minuscule problem:
-The size of the Orvud district. In the previous episode is was small with rich house and warehouses. In the beginning of the episode it was bigger and far poor. By the end of the episode seems bigger then Shiganshina from the next arc.

You may think that I'm exaggerating but for some reason some of this thing bothered me and some didn't. Overall I think it was an average episode even though we got a lot of character arc concluding and finally some blood (I still don't get how the censorship in this season works).

Season 3 overall is still a 7/10.
Sep 16, 2018 1:31 PM

Aug 2016
@@ uuuuuugh Rod Reiss' titan's face brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That bit was nasty as hell (in a good way!)
Sep 16, 2018 1:42 PM

Jul 2016
tzarye14 said:
- Eren putting the barrels inside Rod's mouth was dumb. In the manga he launched them inside his mouth so he wouldn't get caught by the explosion. How did he survived that?

Titan Armor, of course.
Sep 16, 2018 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
Aoun29 said:
Please can anyone tell me whose grave eren visited in this episode...

I was wondering about that too and I think it might have been Hannes' grave.
Sep 16, 2018 1:44 PM
Nov 2016
Takahito Sakazume and Arifumi Imai worked on this week's episode.

Sakazume on the scene where Levi and the squad slicing up the meat pieces scattered in the air while Imai on the massive explosion / Historia cut / Eren's Titan Form

While it's noticeable that the show's production quality this season is not that extraordinary. Rare complex scenes like the Sakazume / Imai cuts are really surprising.
Sep 16, 2018 1:45 PM

May 2015
Wow Eren didn't cry in this episode. This is nice. :D

Awesome episode. Rip Rod Reiss. Your "face" will be missed. Huehueehu.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 16, 2018 1:45 PM

Feb 2018
historia is on fire!!! omg wow
kenny the titan =OO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
Just pure awesomeness. Nothing more to say.
Sep 16, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
qwertyMrJINX said:
tzarye14 said:

Titan Armor, of course.
Never thought of that. Mid air armor transformation. Imagine watching a 15 meters crystal falling from 50 meters and smashing the ground.

EDIT: I don't think he knows how to use it right now.

azertz99Sep 17, 2018 9:05 AM
Sep 16, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good plan how to destroy that titan, also with lots of gambling involved again since they didn't know a lot about it. Paid off though, also Eren finally got a grip again. Now I doubt that Kenny will become a titan, but that syringe might come in handy later on.
Sep 16, 2018 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
how they kill Rod Reiss Huge Titan is great and Historia dealt the finishing blow too

and now Kenny plans to become a Titan to heal all his wounds eh
Sep 16, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2014
My favourite episode so far. Rod's titan was very well done and creepy. That Historia action scene at the end was great.

Eren is becoming more and more likeable to me too. I never disliked Eren, i was just lukewarm about him before.
Sep 16, 2018 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
What a great episode once more!

The amount of cannons on the wall was absolutely insane!

I have to say, Rod Reiss' Titan form is one hideous being. With half a face and his guts being everywhere but it's stomach, it was a nasty Titan to look at. That's what happens if you scrape your face and body over the earth for many many miles. By far the creepiest Titan so far.

The animation was per usual on point (not mentioning the CGI obviously). The explosion of blowing up Rod Reiss was just gorgeously animated.

Historia dealing the finishing blow and making a name for herself.

That Ending when Levi finds a wounded Kenny though....
Sep 16, 2018 2:45 PM

Jul 2016
They're really liking gunpowder this season. Got to see an amazing explosion from that fight and Historia finally took a major step forward one her own and dealt the final blow; I sure didn't expect that.

I wounder what Kenny is going to do with that needle.

Sep 16, 2018 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
Great episode!
But I was expecting to listen to "Counterattack mankind" during the fight. That ost would fit perfectly.
Sep 16, 2018 3:13 PM
Dec 2015
Why do they have to end with these cliffhangers. :(

Episode was great though. As expected from my first and favorite anime.
Sep 16, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
And Shingeki no Kyojin continues to provide the most entertaining 20 minutes of the season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2018 3:45 PM

Jun 2017
I totally forgot how nightmare inducing was the faceless Rod titan the first time in the manga lol. That was nailed well here.
Sep 16, 2018 4:05 PM

Jan 2018
This was a really good episode, AoT is doing a really good job so far.
Not a single episode had a moment that was boring and they know how to always hype you for the next episode.

Keep up the good work.
Sep 16, 2018 4:10 PM
Aug 2018
Damn, they pulled this one off spectaculary. I pretty much agree with all of the positive comments. Especially considering that they didn't cut any cool dialougue and character moments here, which sadly got axed in the prior episodes for the sake of getting the Uprising arc done and over with quicker.

Speaking of...... So now we get Kenny's Backstory and presumably a wrap-up episode and lead in into the long awaited Retake of Shiganshina arc with a little over half the episodes left. So far so great.
Sep 16, 2018 4:12 PM

Apr 2016
when Rodd Reiss' titan rose up and with his face half removed it actually looked really awesome!
I also love the little moments of development for Eren
Sep 16, 2018 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
This season has been incredible.

Rod Reiss was so fucking disgusting.

The battle was everything.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

219 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.