Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Bakugo showed an emotional side of him that I haven't seen in a long time. Nontheless, that fight carried a lot of feelings. Bakugo was fighting more than just to win.

Got to see more of Bakugo's past. And holy shot, that punch to the face looked painful as hell. This is a Bakugo that won't be forgotten this season.

Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far this season. Exceeded my expectations with the fight and relationship dynamics between Bakugo/Deku.
Stark700Sep 15, 2018 3:04 AM
Sep 15, 2018 2:10 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Edit: Crunchyroll subs suck. Heres all the mistranslations. you're welcome.

Let me start off by saying that this episode means a lot to me, these chapters in the series are the biggest highlight to me. And Studio Bones on their last leg of my respect gained it all back in one episode.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THIS WAS THE TOP TIER.

I don't need to tell you all how amazing the animation was; not only was it bombastic action but the subtley in movements made this for me. It was the best thing all season and probably the entire series. And if you're unsure heres the animator list:

Daiki and especially Nobuhiko did their best voice acting here, the cracks and emotion can be heard to such prominence it stole me away. The specific ost though I heard in months ago was so choreographed to the scene that it made my blood pump.

Also they did what I've been asking them to do all fucking season with the frames of Katsuki and Izuku and do the split frames. AND THEY DID IT.

I won't go into what this all means for the story. It's very obvious and is emotionally gratifying on every level.

10/10 Best episode. Goodnight.
StripesSep 15, 2018 3:37 AM
Sep 15, 2018 2:50 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode of season 3! And probably the best episode since Midoriya vs Todoroki.

So many emotions played into a slugfest, brilliant Bones! But the ones who deserve the most credit for today's episode are the VA's for Bakugo, Midoriya and All Might. You could feel their pain through their voices!

Bakugo and Midoriyas relationship from this episode onwards is probably one of my favorite relationships between rivals, same characters but they have respect for each other.

Sep 15, 2018 3:07 AM

Sep 2013
That was a fantastic episode. Best episode in like 12 weeks. That was amazing.

And we even get to meet some new faces next week!
Sep 15, 2018 3:19 AM

Oct 2015
Really good episode. Especially loved this little scene here where Deku did a little twirl.

JUUSEESep 15, 2018 3:23 AM
Sep 15, 2018 3:19 AM

Nov 2015
There is an after credits scene

Bakugo is still an ass hole who should be kicked out of school.

The sakuga was sexy!

If this was dragon ball, naruto or one piece the fight would have been 6 episodes long
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 15, 2018 3:23 AM

Sep 2014
And there we have Bakugo's characterization and character development. Amazing episode and for me the best one of this season. Everything was handled great. Next episode we will get a glimpse from the next arc.
Sep 15, 2018 3:25 AM
Nov 2016
10/10. Such an amazing episode. One of the best of the entire anime hands down. Glad this arc can end on a high, since it was probably underwhelming for a lot of people.
Sep 15, 2018 3:29 AM

Aug 2017
Indeed such an amazing episode and the best of season 3. The animation was ssolid and I’m beginning to like Bakugou more.
redorzoFeb 2, 2019 2:40 AM
Sep 15, 2018 3:31 AM

Oct 2017
Finally the episode I'd been waiting for, from the beginning of this season!

This is the true Bakugou, he was never "arrogant." Hope, now there aren't people who still think the same...
KatsutoSakiSep 15, 2018 3:58 AM
Sep 15, 2018 3:35 AM

Sep 2014
Not impressed with how they adapted the fight. It was better in the manga imo, and I have generally been favourizing the anime. After episode 13 or so the anime just hasn't been living up to its own high standards
Sep 15, 2018 3:36 AM

Nov 2016
Really great episode, I felt this one a lot.

The fight itself was ok, the drama and emotions stole the spotlight here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2018 3:40 AM

Mar 2018
FMmatron said:
Really great episode, I felt this one a lot.

The fight itself was ok, the drama and emotions stole the spotlight here.

I'm kinda glad you said that because I was worried that the fight would overshadow the drama for many viewers.
Sep 15, 2018 3:40 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
dicecop said:
Not impressed with how they adapted the fight. It was better in the manga imo, and I have generally been favourizing the anime. After episode 13 or so the anime just hasn't been living up to its own high standards

I think the manga is honestly just that good. And even though they had Umakoshi on for this episode, even he says its difficult to adapt Horikoshi style and panels.
Sep 15, 2018 3:47 AM

Sep 2018

Here in Latam, the episode doesn't even have spanish subtitles, has been around 2:15 hours since the episode launched, i wonder what's the problem with crunchyroll.
anyway, what an episode OMG, 10/10 <3
ZerolCambSep 15, 2018 3:56 AM
Sep 15, 2018 3:50 AM
May 2016
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/56781 Yuta did a scene for this episode too, god damn. Fantastic, it was everything I wanted it to be.
Sep 15, 2018 3:57 AM

Dec 2011
This is the best episode of the series ever.I just love how much both Midoriya and Bakugou grow and their character development was amazing.
They finally acknowledged each other and be a proper rival.Also the OST's was so amazing this episode as well as the animation was godlike.
I honestly cry watching this episode and feeling proud of these 2.
Sep 15, 2018 4:03 AM

Mar 2016
Modernoir said:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/56781 Yuta did a scene for this episode too, god damn. Fantastic, it was everything I wanted it to be.

Yutaka Nakamura is a legend.

Very strong episode both animation wise and narratively. Didn’t really like Bakugou at first(Didn’t hate him either tho) but this episode really showed the inner workings of his mind. It was very obvious that there was a lot behind his character and that there are reasons why he acts the way he does, but I appreciate the fact that they showed how deep it really goes. Like All Might said, he’s just a teenager too you know.

The anime was getting pretty dull after the ‘rescue bakugou arc’ (just like it did with the last few episodes of S2), but I’m really glad they pulled it together for this episode.
Katsuo_Sep 15, 2018 4:16 AM

Sep 15, 2018 4:12 AM

Dec 2009
This episode is got to be my favorite episode of the third season and the only episode that I enjoyed in this arc ^^ The battle of Kacchan & Deku was totally epic just like the manga did ^_____^
Sep 15, 2018 4:18 AM

Mar 2017
Leave it to Bones to really deliver on one of the most pivotal fights in the manga. The fight sakuga was amazing and energetic, the voice acting was raw and emotional, and the character beats hit hard.

This is one of my favorite clashes of the series because it's sure to wake up the people who haven't been paying attention to Bakugou's feelings. He tends to get written off as just an ass by those that haven't taken the time to understand him, and while he is certainly an ass, there is so much intricacy to his character and motivations. The anime really delivered here and I'm so happy for it.
Sep 15, 2018 4:22 AM

May 2016
This Season is so far has become one of my favorites and I like it.

Bakugo is forever to be my favorite character of the show.
Sep 15, 2018 4:23 AM

Feb 2013
Amazing fight!
Kacchan's reason was too damn sad, he thought he was the one who made All Might retire.
Sep 15, 2018 4:32 AM

Apr 2017
Stripes said:

Thank you. I was really mad they mistranslated a lot of important scenes. sigh

Sep 15, 2018 4:43 AM

Mar 2018
So now where are the Bakugo haters huh ?

Seriously this episode shows how great of a character Bakugo is, the last emotion you'd expect him to feel is definetly guilt. He was tortured with the idea that he was responsible for his idol's downfall.

"Why did I become the reason for All Might's end ?" is probably my favorite moment of the entire manga. Katchan's expression is incredibly strong, sadness, anger, and almost fear can be read on his face.

As expected his voice actor gave an out-of-this-world performance, he perfectly understood the mental state of Bakugo.

And then we got the fight, and what a good one it was. Probably the best choregraphed fight yet in the serie. Somehow I expected nothing less than greatness from Bones and as usual they delivered.

I'd just like to say that I have one very minor issue which is also kind of a praise. It's the soundtrack, I absolutly love the United States of Smash theme and there it fitted that final blow perfectly, but it's the forth time it's used in this season and I would have liked a different song for this scene.

This episode is definetly among the greatest of MHA, an 11/10 once again.

EDIT : Forgot to talk about the rest of the episode, this is what happens when there's so much good stuff in 25 minutes ^^'

All Might's talk what amazing, the sight of him hugging Bakugo was so heartwarming.

And did you notice at the very end that Bakugo gave an ADVICE TO DEKU !?!? Damn this is some good character developpement.
Florent3571Sep 15, 2018 5:15 AM
Sep 15, 2018 4:44 AM

Nov 2016
@Stripes.

Thanks for your post ✌

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2018 4:54 AM

Nov 2013
So adding Bakugo to my favourite characters list, this was amazing. Was totally my favourite in this show before, but this just cemented it.
Sep 15, 2018 5:02 AM

Mar 2016
I am afraid of saying anything against this anime, because people really love this.

Well, I feel like this anime starts off with something good, and does something really bad with it. Powerless Midoriya wants to be a hero, despite having been bullied. I loved that concept. So, I was extremely disappointed when he received powers from the strongest hero. Midoriya also looks up to his bully, which made me sort of hate how he was written. (I was bullied when I was in school!)

When All For One or Stain had showed up, they acted like some characters would actually be killed. A lot of characters had been introduced, so I thought the minor characters would be killed. I was excited. No one died!

Now, Bakugo's confession made me think that there is no way they can ruin this scene. I thought I would finally start loving this anime as well. Somehow, they managed to disappoint me again. The fight scene was extremely unrealistic. (I don't mean the use of powers.)

We all knew that Bakugo would be isolated, and he would fall into despair. Then, there would be a Bakugo vs Midoriya fight, and they would be friends, but Bakugo would still be violent as that's his character. So, this predictable scene should've happened in season 1. It's literally the lancer trope that we all have memorized! Yet, they waited three seasons to show it, and didn't even add any proper twists to it.
Sep 15, 2018 5:09 AM

Feb 2018
amazing episode wow wow wow !!!!!!!!!
i loved the fights animation i felt like i was there
and all the little flashbacks they had before the fight started was nice too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2018 5:14 AM

Mar 2018
One of the best episode of the all show.
Insane animation, fantastic voice acting, great character development, this episode has it all.
I can't wait to see what'll happen next, so exciting.
Sep 15, 2018 5:21 AM

May 2015
Didn't know Bakugou could be this emotional!

I literally loved every part of this episode, from the OST to the character development to the animation and voice acting.

Respect Bones, to be able to convey the story so well !
Sep 15, 2018 5:22 AM
May 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
I am afraid of saying anything against this anime, because people really love this.

Well, I feel like this anime starts off with something good, and does something really bad with it. Powerless Midoriya wants to be a hero, despite having been bullied. I loved that concept. So, I was extremely disappointed when he received powers from the strongest hero. Midoriya also looks up to his bully, which made me sort of hate how he was written. (I was bullied when I was in school!)

When All For One or Stain had showed up, they acted like some characters would actually be killed. A lot of characters had been introduced, so I thought the minor characters would be killed. I was excited. No one died!

Now, Bakugo's confession made me think that there is no way they can ruin this scene. I thought I would finally start loving this anime as well. Somehow, they managed to disappoint me again. The fight scene was extremely unrealistic. (I don't mean the use of powers.)

We all knew that Bakugo would be isolated, and he would fall into despair. Then, there would be a Bakugo vs Midoriya fight, and they would be friends, but Bakugo would still be violent as that's his character. So, this predictable scene should've happened in season 1. It's literally the lancer trope that we all have memorized! Yet, they waited three seasons to show it, and didn't even add any proper twists to it.

Something maybe worth considering is that this story is set to go on for quite a bit longer. This is only the start of Deku and Bakugou's true rivalry, but it's still quite a big development to see that Bakugou now may even accept Deku as a proper rival, as shown at the end when he actually gave Deku advice on how to improve.
Sep 15, 2018 5:25 AM

Sep 2017
That was one amazing fight between those two. And they consider themselvs rivals now. That is a huge step for Bakugo if you ask me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2018 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
Great animation, if a bit iffy in some places, with a good and emotional fight. I honestly felt bad for Bakugou and the weight he was carrying. I'm glad that both Midoriya and Bakugou had the chance to let their feelings out, maybe they can be proper rivals now.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 15, 2018 5:30 AM

Jun 2014
A great fight that was animated beautifully, while also portraying the true nature of Bakugo's pent-up feelings. Once again, Bones delivered on another important part of the story. This was probably my favorite episode since episode 11.

Looks like the last 2 episodes will get the next arc started. I can't wait for some of the next arc's key characters to be introduced.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 15, 2018 5:47 AM

Jul 2016
THANK YOU BASED BONES!!!!

I FUCKING CAME!!!

Next episode: Twice, Overhaul, and Mirio!!!

I'm going to come again
Sep 15, 2018 5:50 AM

Dec 2008
Oh my god I wasnt ready lol
God bless Yutapon and Umakoshi.

Kacchan I love you!
Sep 15, 2018 5:51 AM

Mar 2016
Modernoir said:
FuMomo-kun said:

Something maybe worth considering is that this story is set to go on for quite a bit longer. This is only the start of Deku and Bakugou's true rivalry, but it's still quite a big development to see that Bakugou now may even accept Deku as a proper rival, as shown at the end when he actually gave Deku advice on how to improve.

There is a character trope called the lancer. It's a character who doesn't blend very well in the group, and constantly fights with the hero. There is usually a scene, where he is separated from the group. The group, with the hero, then go and save the lancer. After that, the hero and the lancer become really close, but they still fight. Later, they just become friendly rivals.

We know Bakugo is following this lancer trope, so I feel like it should've happened as early as possible (since, it is predictable for a lot of people). The early stages of the lancer's character is annoying, but he can become one of the most lovable characters. In Bakugo's case, he kept the rotten personality for three seasons, which is too long. I really wanted to like his character when he was first introduced. A bully, who wants to be a hero, would be quite interesting. But, they never developed on that part.

This anime has many great concepts, and they just ignore them, which can be quite disappointing. I am trying to love this anime, and I reached the third season, but the disappointment just doesn't decrease.
Sep 15, 2018 5:58 AM

May 2017
Meh, Deku's such a loser, isn't he supposed to be witty? He can't even win against a simple minded opponent. I feel like Deku's intelligence is way broken, it has been inconsistent through out the series
Sep 15, 2018 6:06 AM
May 2016
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Meh, Deku's such a loser, isn't he supposed to be witty? He can't even win against a simple minded opponent. I feel like Deku's intelligence is way broken, it has been inconsistent through out the series

Deku beat Bakugou once before though. It's only fitting that they've got an even score against eachother now that they're both proper rivals.
Sep 15, 2018 6:10 AM

Dec 2014
I amm glad this fight happened... seems like their relationship will also change now
Sep 15, 2018 6:16 AM

Apr 2016
Can we just agree that this was the best episode this season?
Sep 15, 2018 6:17 AM

Feb 2014
That feeling of intense emotion was really strong in this episode. Deku and Bakugo's talk, then into their second fight, carried that weight of emotion and made it into one of the most memorable moments of season 3. Of course, the animation of the fight was great as well. =)

Although Bakugo barely won this battle, All Might came along and finally told Bakugo about how All For One worked and it's good that Bakugo will keep this a secret.

Eraser Head in a ponytail suits him perfectly, but he still remains one scary teacher! X_X

Anyway, it's good that Deku and Bakugo will continue to get stronger and strive to beat each other as they continue to develop. I think they now have a good understanding and respect of each other, too, as was shown when Bakugo gave his critical opinion of Deku's Shoot Style attacks. Progress has been made. ^_^
Sep 15, 2018 6:19 AM

Feb 2016
Bakugo FINALLY changed my mind about him, and about time he did!

The fight tho, Midoriya Shounen is getting stronger!

Great episode!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 15, 2018 6:19 AM

Dec 2015
Holy cow, what crazy good episode!

It wasn't just a fight, it was a story of growing up of humility and maturity. Hard to tell which character gained the most from this fight, while Bakugou's mindset showed a massive change in expressing his feelings, Deku grew a heck of a lot stronger.

It's set in stone now who the future no.1 and 2 heroes will be. 10/10 ep.
~
Sep 15, 2018 6:21 AM

Feb 2016
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Did you even finish the episode? there was a reason why Deku didn't win, and that was very clear.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 15, 2018 6:36 AM

Jan 2017
I like how the fight was more of an exchange of feelings than a straight-up slugfest... It let us understand Midoriya's and bakugou's deeper relationship...
But damn, aizawa sensei's so buff when he's relaxed and with his hair tied back.

I wonder who'll make appearances next week; since all the villains have decided to come out of their shells.
Sep 15, 2018 6:37 AM

May 2018
So he lost against both Todoroki and Bakugo. He still has a long way to go
Sep 15, 2018 6:40 AM

Sep 2009
wow I didn't expect Tin Tin senpai to make an appearance this season. I thought they would leave them until next season.
Sep 15, 2018 6:43 AM

May 2017
HereticHunter said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Did you even finish the episode? there was a reason why Deku didn't win, and that was very clear.

What? Coz he hasn't mastered AFO? that ain't an excuse, it never was, coz once he do, obviously none in his class 1-A could surpass him. The only clear about their fight is the inconsistency of their intellects, Bakugou being the muscle brain ended up outwitting the witty the Deku smfh so could you please enlighten me Mr. Smart guy, what is this BS reason you're talking about?
Sep 15, 2018 6:43 AM

Jan 2017
Stripes said:

10/10 Best episode. Goodnight.

The first comparison was alright... However, I found it ironic to see this after MAL had announced it's removed the fansub section in a bid to support the industry. Well done crunchy roll. You outdo yourself.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

120 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.