Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we got the gaming vibes back this episode.

I must say, Koharu's hair style really looks like Oono. Pretty amusing chemistry this week. There's also some street fighter action too. The awkward moment is when she meets Oono lol
Sep 14, 2018 10:24 PM

Jan 2012
Koharu proves to be the best girl once again!
Sep 15, 2018 3:01 AM

Feb 2018
Koharu its so preety with new hair style.
Sep 15, 2018 1:31 PM

Feb 2017
Seriously, I can't handle more this anime, it will gonna end killing me, my first fav was ep 3, then came the cathartic ep 8 and now this episode, it was just perfect.

I died here
Sep 15, 2018 4:52 PM

Mar 2018
High School arc is here, Hidaka is gourgeous as ever and now she improved her skills and beat the sh*t out of Haruo, but that's the way she's using to get his attention.

That encounter by the money changer was lit af, now Hidaka vs Oono is coming...

subs were fast this week, the absolute state of fansubbing
Sep 15, 2018 7:15 PM

Jan 2015
Man, does this series have a total Betty & Veronica vibe going on, with Ono and Koharu... And, while I appreciate Koharu’s spending so much of her time to learn the intricacies of all of these video games, out of her infatuation for, and wanting to impress Haruo — after last episode, I really feel like Haruo and Ono are the real deal. It’s not that I’m rooting for Haruo in all of this though, but actually, Ono.

It’s the way spending so much time with Haruo made HER happy. Well, actually, made them BOTH so happy. They genuinely enjoy being with each other. It’s only in Ono’s absence that Haruo loses touch with his feelings. Whether out of denial, or the fact that he’d otherwise be bogged down and depressed all of the time. He’d rather keep her up on an adversarial pedestal in his mind, because that way he can still hold onto the hope of one day being reunited with her. And, sadly, Koharu realizes this. Yet, she’s the one who’s really in denial, as she’s so active pursuing what is, in effect, a lost cause.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 15, 2018 7:27 PM

Dec 2016
lol what's up with Koharu's provocation? o_o" It's just so not like her to be like that. But it was spicy to watch... Did Koharu's become Maleficent or something? XD

That ending... what will happen from now on? ^^; Can't wait to find out the challenge between the girls!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 15, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2010
Episodes 1 - 9
Feels bad for~~~
Feels bad for~~
Feels bad for~
Episodes 10 - Season 2
Begone thot!
Begone thot!!
Begone thot!!!
Sep 15, 2018 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
well high school started and there is shift in people and their gaming skills.... haha liking the chemistry in this show so much
Sep 15, 2018 10:34 PM

Jul 2017
The fandom of the mid 90s is replicated so well! Haruo, you're a fanboy of the Saturn, son't cheap yourself out for the PlayStation!

Glad to see the Street Fighter vibes come back, Haruo still is king, BUT Hidaka OWNS YOU NOW...no matter the games you play against her in the arcade, you have some serious work to do!

Now there's some serious romance! Hidaka OWNING EVERY game against Haruo, his determination to win is unparalleled...until...

Phosphobos said:
Seriously, I can't handle more this anime, it will gonna end killing me, my first fav was ep 3, then came the cathartic ep 8 and now this episode, it was just perfect.

I died here

This looks to be the romance battle of the season!

Fansubs are incredibly fast this week, so it's updated to the current schedule, thanks so much!
Sep 15, 2018 11:37 PM

Sep 2017
Guile > Oono & Hidaka
Sep 16, 2018 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
Koharu looks good with long hair.

She really worked hard to become good with games.
Doing that for that sake of having your "beloved" noticed you more is a level of persistence that I truly appreciate.
Though I ship Haruo and Oono the most, I don't mind Koharu and Haruo too. :)

That smug look on her face when Haruo said that she's the reason he rekindles his competitiveness was a nice sight. :D

That last scene though.
Two waifus made contact for the first time.
Looking forward what will happen next!
footmasterSep 16, 2018 2:49 AM
Sep 16, 2018 4:32 AM

Nov 2010
So far Ono never met any real competition is Hidaka really already on a level to contest her dominance? Nevertheless this will be an interesting fight to see if it happens.
Sep 16, 2018 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
This show continues to get better and better. Koharu was lovely in this episode.

Oono and Koharu confront next episode? I'm in for that ride.
Sep 16, 2018 7:23 AM

Jul 2015
Koharu was so smug this episode, she even has long hair now! God bless.
Sep 16, 2018 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Yes!! Koharu with long hair. She looks so beautiful now. <3
I absolutely loved smug Koharu this episode, she was awesome. xD

Haruo's reaction to becoming worse at games competitive was kinda hilarious to watch.

I also sorta feel bad for Koharu, she knows she has no chance against Oono but she's still trying her best. I like both the leads that I don't know who to root for. :(
That meeting at the end. :o
Sep 16, 2018 9:01 AM

Aug 2013
This is torture. Hidaka is definitely best girl and I want her to win, but Haruo x Akira is much more well built in the story.

Hidaka might challenge Akira next episode, but I doubt Hidaka would win.
Sep 16, 2018 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
Being a Playstation guy myself Haruo just lost some points from me there...jk

Looks like it might turn into Oono vs Hidaka, we've already seen Oono wipe Hidaka before with Akuma but now Hidaka's been playing more and have even learned combos and such but will it be enough to beat Oono? probably not
Sep 16, 2018 9:41 AM

May 2015
Phosphobos said:

I died here

boi you better prepare yourself from now on, things gonna keep getting more uuuunnngghh and uunngghh

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 16, 2018 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
I've not been sure what side I'mma take so far but it's pretty clear to me that I'm on the losing ship now, which is rather sad.

I'm usually on winning ships, so...not used to losing
Sep 16, 2018 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
yea im liking Koharu more.

im more interested in MC's mind blown reaction for Street Fighter 3 when/if he's in college lol
Sep 16, 2018 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Let's be frank, at this point best girl is the one with more screen time. And now Koharu is on top.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 16, 2018 6:51 PM

Mar 2009
Hidaka looks gorgeous with long hair. And she was so smug and wonderful in this episode.

Street Fighter Alpha is here. =O
Sep 16, 2018 7:03 PM
Apr 2018
I like Oono and Hidaka and I don't mind if any of them end up with Haruo(I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this). But when or if Oono starts talking... This battle is over. Period.
Sep 16, 2018 8:59 PM

Sep 2017
Poor Hidaka. It's like she's trying more and more to be like Oono. Practicing games constantly and she's even wearing her hair to look like Oono (I prefer her old style tbh). Her and Yaguchi are still cute, but it's certain he will be with Oono.

It felt weird for Yaguchi to be so bad at arcade games all of a sudden, but I guess there has been a lot of time skipped since the end of the last ep. He spent like 3 odd months studying and we also skipped the first few months of his high school.
Sep 17, 2018 1:54 AM
Mar 2018
Ooooh, I sense some catfight in the next episode. I would forecast first a gaming fight and then a physical one in conclusion. The ring could take part in the end, but it's meaning would be hard to explain to Koharu since Oono doesn't (can't?) talk.

Besides was it ever made clear if she's just shy or stubborn or actually a mute in the manga? Yet, she did make some noises that could only be made if someone had at least vocal cords.
Sep 17, 2018 8:42 AM

Apr 2017
Poor Haruo got left behind. Hidaka looks pretty good with long hair, and her personality got better too from before. Still, I can't but root for HaruoxOno ship, all the more so after last episode. Not enough Ono this episode though, but it looks like next episode will make up for it. I'm really looking forward to their match. Hopefully Haruo will gather his courage and polishes his gaming skills and face Ono again soon.
MrZawaSep 17, 2018 8:47 AM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 17, 2018 4:01 PM

May 2016
Haruo went from Bakugo to Mineta after a few matches with Hidaka, lol. I think the anime's portraying Hidaka a little more yandere than the manga did, but it's still really good.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 17, 2018 8:21 PM

Aug 2018
I love it when the story is in the spotlight. Sometimes, it felt like an infomercial in some of the previous episodes
Sep 18, 2018 8:29 PM

Mar 2015
After this eps I need a break from anime, i got over smugged .. ufufufu
Sep 19, 2018 11:45 PM

May 2015
Long hair Hidaka! You gotta love how the anime shows the subtle changes as the years go by.

Hidaka got Myst and Tekken? She's got TASTE!

Hehehe, Haruo is a Sega Loyalist. I don't blame him though. Saturn and Dreamcast has got some awesome games...

Why the hell does Hidaka pick Akuma!? Hahaha!

Oh no no no Haruo. You know how characters and game mechanics change between games...And Hidaka got good...

SNK HEROINES! AND THEY SHOWCASED BEST GIRL ATHENA!!!!

Guess Haruo is sticking to what he knows best. Respect! But he is completely out of it in the arcades. He's going to have to step his game up if he hopes to be as good as he was before.

Hidaka got really good...And WOW...She is FIGHTING! She wants Haruo to look at her. But as we saw, Haruo's ultimate goal is to defeat Oono, so sadly Hidaka will just have to settle with Haruo being an arcade friend.

Ok it needs to happen now. Hidaka vs. Oono! HIDAKA VS. OONO! AKUMA VS. ZANGIEF! AND ALL MY MONEY'S ON GIEF! LET'S GO!
TarotistSep 19, 2018 11:51 PM
Sep 20, 2018 1:17 AM
Aug 2014
Can someone tell me where this is in the manga. I had heard it was ending and wanted to read it now.
Sep 21, 2018 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
Another very good episode!
Damn! They are now high school and Haruo's high school is the same with Miyao and Hidaka is on the all girl's school while Oono is at the school where Haruo's failed to go!
Plus!, Hidaka became more prettier!
HHAHAHA! such nostalgicness PS1! that's my fist console as well!
Haruo became addict at Sega and because of that his Arcade skill went dull and even Hidaka is much better than any arcade game she callenges Haruo!
oh man! This is the great CLASH! Oono & Hidaka meet each other!
hype for the next episode awaits!!!
5/5!
matias067Sep 21, 2018 12:18 AM

Sep 22, 2018 10:33 AM

May 2015
Kushikime said:
Can someone tell me where this is in the manga. I had heard it was ending and wanted to read it now.

chapter 23, better read from the beginning since they skip stuffs tbh

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 22, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2018
I feel that everyone who plays video games on a hardcore level (like Haruho) has a form of a superiority complex, including myself. We start to feel this surge of rage when somebody “below our level” beats us, and that “never in a million years” should this happen. Just a thought.
Minori Chihara <3
Sep 22, 2018 9:33 PM
Jan 2016
Wow Hidaka look nice with long hair, and she became good at gaming, Hidaka tortured Haruo so hard! Poor Haruo!
Sep 27, 2018 8:17 PM

Aug 2017
Hidaka improved her skills and defeats Haruo easily. Oono vs Hidaka in the next episode! I can't wait!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 11, 2018 1:55 PM

May 2012
That ending was interesting, I wonder if that brief meeting will lead to something! Let's see what's next.
Oct 17, 2018 1:52 AM
Nov 2017
HaruhiismX said:
I feel that everyone who plays video games on a hardcore level (like Haruho) has a form of a superiority complex, including myself. We start to feel this surge of rage when somebody “below our level” beats us, and that “never in a million years” should this happen. Just a thought.
That explains all the salt around the end of Harukana Receive.
Dec 15, 2018 1:19 AM

Aug 2015
HIdaka ohoho <3

Haruo really got his jimmies rustled being beat by Hidaka
Dec 31, 2018 12:35 AM

Mar 2014
All that time he spent studying has destroyed his gaming skills, and he didn't even make it for Ono. Poor Haruo lost everything. Can't even beat Hidaka now.

I guess his skills come from constant training, so now he can't compete with those "naturally gifted" girls

But hopefully Ono can give her a good ego check next ep
Jan 15, 2019 4:47 PM
Sep 2007
Phosphobos said:

I died here

*mortal kombat voice* FIGHT!

Hidaka became surprisingly good player.. Poor Haruo. This is almost exacly how I feel when I try to play multiplayer. In almost anything.

That self-proclaimed popular guy was annoying.
korsarzJan 15, 2019 4:50 PM
Jan 23, 2019 9:15 AM

Nov 2007
Hidaka is such a sadist cutie! Boy, this anime is super fun!

And the voice acting of all the characters (Oono included) is so over the top! I am not sure how I was so late to find this gem!

Now the two girls finally met! I wonder what will happen in the next 2 episodes!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 27, 2019 9:52 PM

May 2013
When love sucks </3

I hope she didn't grow out her hair to be like Ono ;/ she should be herself. If she grew it out bc she likes long hair, then that would be good.

Doi is still annoyingly arrogant hahaha. But at least it's in a funny way xD
Miyao is best bro
Feb 5, 2019 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
Holy moly hidaka with long hair 😍😍She was cute before but she’s much cuter now. Characters always look better with long hair. But I’m axtually starting to like her more than oono. Not sure how to feel about that. She’s just a little more likable. But I also really like oono.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 12, 2019 1:59 PM
Apr 2016
Haruo's ego is getting killed, brutally... Hidaka with long hair is adorable, and she's gotten crazy good... That cliffhanger though.
Jul 4, 2019 2:49 PM

Sep 2012
2love rivals meet 😁

i wonder witch one would win with game match 😁

trampler8324 said:
Koharu proves to be the best girl once again!

yea but not the one in hes heart

Sugram22Jul 4, 2019 2:53 PM
Nov 27, 2019 9:30 PM
Aug 2017
So he ended up with Inferiority complex and Hidaka lit the fire inside Haru again lmao. I really wanna cheer for Hidaka but its so one sided.
Apr 26, 2020 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
Go Away Hidaka, you ruined this show
Mar 9, 2021 6:36 AM
May 2020
i wonder if japan also has the belief "unlucky at love, lucky in gambling" at least the self-proclaimed popular guy keep winning felt like they do.

i am shipping miyao x hidaka they are both in love with the same person, feels like they would get along well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 3 Discussion

nehnehneji - Aug 10, 2018

46 by Strikrr »»
Jan 5, 12:56 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Kuroko33 - Sep 4, 2018

34 by asoyboy »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:36 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

148 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2018

67 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 9:03 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

68 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.