Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2018 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we got the extension of Haruka/Kanata vs the Thomas siblings.

There was a lot of back and forth as both teams bought out their best against one another. I truly think this was a match that extended my expectations. Looks like we got a score of 14-14 so it'll be interesting to see who will take the game.
Sep 14, 2018 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
That was really a major cliffhanger and a tense match.
Can't wait till next week and see the end result of this one.
Now i wonder what we will see next time besides the ending of the match seeing what happened so far.
Sep 14, 2018 7:02 AM

Apr 2016
I dont know why it took me 11 episodes to realize that this is not fanservice anime, but pure sports anime lmao.

Next week finale.
Sep 14, 2018 8:50 AM
Aug 2016
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit
Thomas sisters are top fucking players

and then

1 short and 1 newbie play vs them and actully do something
i call bullshit i know its for the plot but come on number 2 in all japan
i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different
Sep 14, 2018 8:55 AM

Apr 2012
I was already beginning to worry that they would end their confrontation on the second episode and the finale would be dedicated to some silly CGDCT. But the second clifhanger for one match, lol.
Sep 14, 2018 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Just 1 more episode :( i dont even know why, but when kanata was like "i can still move" i got reminded of llenn from ggo and those moments when she was too fast and small for anyone to do anything about her xD
Sep 14, 2018 11:02 AM

Sep 2015
I really thought the girls are done when the credits started to showing off without sound and there was just 3 minutes more of episode. My heart skipped a beat there.
Sep 14, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of intensity from both sides in this episode. I'm looking forward to next week's finale to see the results of this match.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 14, 2018 12:59 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I think they're making a mistake with Harukana Receive - they're stretching the matches out too long. Unfortunately, unlike Haikyuu or Kuroko, they're most likely not going to get a 2nd season, so it's kind of pointless for them to end this on a cliffhanger, which is most likely what's going to happen with just one episode left.

That all being said, the episode itself was very good
Sep 14, 2018 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
I can’t believe they ended on a tie-game cliffhanger, lol... But daaaammn, was I on the edge of my seat the whole way through! Even though I’m rooting for Haruka and Kanata, I really like all four girls. And I’ve been intrigued and moved by their backstories.

This is one of only two sports anime that I’m watching this season, ‘Hanebado’ being the other one. And holy schnikes could the directors of that series really learn a thing or two about building engagement through characterization and personality, as well as anticipation for the sport itself, through the plotting, pacing, tutorial and character dynamics on display, herein.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 14, 2018 1:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I'd be miffed at a single match taking so long, but this show actually pulls it off. Immensely entertaining.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2018 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
That cliffhanger though! I really can't wait to see who will be victorious and you decide to end it at 14-14... Well Done! Once again, like last week, this match was so intense! I love it!
Sep 14, 2018 3:14 PM

Nov 2008
well I mean episode 1 kinda says who will win.. but doesnt take away from the fact that its a fun match. Though im not sure how loyal its being SM wise after volume 1 which got a 'mostly' ; gotta wait for that to ship to fgind out haha. either way fun match.
Sep 14, 2018 4:33 PM

Nov 2016
I expected the deuce tbh, but I'm not sure regarding the result. I wouldn't mind a second season with Haruka and Kanata at nationals, still think that Claire and Emily have the edge.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2018 4:35 PM
Jul 2017
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

Well I don't think different but really wanted to say this is so true, I can't really enjoy or judge this part of the show cause it makes the opposite of sense
Sep 14, 2018 4:52 PM

Nov 2008
Farabeuf said:
Normally I'd be miffed at a single match taking so long, but this show actually pulls it off. Immensely entertaining.

agreed; I remain curious of a second season getting green lit hope so either way we have the manga o/
Sep 14, 2018 5:56 PM
Mar 2017
This episode kept me on the edge of the chair from the beginning to the end.
I'm glad to see Claire happy, to feel the adrenaline of playing with Kanata like when they were kids.
The flashback again makes us see the bond of friendship and rivalry that unites Kanata with the twins Thomas (also appears the spectacular Marissa, the best sports mom), also show why they were responsible for training Haruka, since it was her the one that revived the passion of Kanata for Volleyball.
I'm surprised at how good Haruka played, despite the mistakes that were made by exhaustion, she improved as an athlete. The second set is won by Haruka and Kanata, the third set starts and both pairs are exhausted, which was the most intense I have seen, Haruka tests the drive used by the couple from the previous match, achieving a minor advantage, then the match it becomes more exhausting, finally the moment with the most tension was when Emily and Claire had the match point, I thought that I would have to wait until the final episode, but fortunately it was not so and the minutes dedicated to Ending were to show how Haruka and Kanata managed stay in Deuce, what a way to end an episode. The tension of how will be the last point that will decide everything is unbearable.
The last episode will be the most intense and emotional (there will be tears of joy) and most likely the match that was promised in the first episode becomes a reality

(There were people who think it's ridiculous that Haruka and Kanata play along with Emily and Claire who are the number two of Japan, but remember that Kanata already had experience and that she trained with Emily and Claire when they were kids under the supervision of Marissa and later in previous episodes Haruka trained with the twins Thomas and Marissa was also her coach)
salbery755Sep 14, 2018 6:01 PM
Sep 14, 2018 6:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
NEVER

FUCKING

CHANGE

JAPAN

NEVER

FUCKING

CHANGE
Sep 14, 2018 7:56 PM

Aug 2012
I just know the Thomas Sisters are gonna win but HaruKana are putting up a good fight nonetheless.
Sep 14, 2018 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
HaruKana is giving a good fight!
It will be hard but i believe they can win! Kanata can be small but she is very resistant to long games.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 14, 2018 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
It took me a while but finally I can agree with some people here about the OST. The tracks used during the match this episode were really good. The use of drums in some of them were a nice touch.

Kanata has great stamina to be so small. That "I can still move" and following gained points sure gave Haruka the courage she had lost with her last failed shot.

One episode left and I'm not that sure who will win... I liked the four girls to be honest but If I have to choose, I would prefer to see HaruKana winning so that Kanata could possibly play against Narumi in the Nationals.
Sep 14, 2018 9:06 PM

Oct 2007
Really entertaining to watch the match. Animation has been decent quality just like ep 10. I can feel the tension in the court. They even managed to lead for a short time in the third round..... but only complaint is why do they have to drag the match for 3 episodes, whyyyy? ><
Sep 14, 2018 9:25 PM
Jan 2016
Oh boy! Next episode will be the real cliffhangerer! I am feeling it!

This last two episode have been so epic, either Eclair or Harukana had done their best, i respect them cause of that, they are really exausted, only Kanata seems to be less exausted, thats why i cant choose a side, i will be happy which both results!

I would never expect to get this hype in this show, but i am glad that i did, this show exceeded my expectations!!
Sep 15, 2018 1:22 AM

Aug 2018
The deuce was kinda predicted imo, but hey, I kinda feel sad there's only one episode left for next week.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 15, 2018 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
need more of this series
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 15, 2018 5:34 AM

Feb 2018
god damn that was intense !!!

and that stare at the end weeeww omg this shows perfect lol

edit: harkers is goin hardd shes not sucha noob anymore! so many blocks and topshots..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2018 6:49 AM

May 2016
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

Ever heard of the "Miracle On Ice" aka the greatest hockey game ever played? Look it up if you haven't and then try calling bullshit again. This is what we call underdogs in sports and every now and then underdogs can achieve the impossible.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Sep 15, 2018 6:52 AM

Mar 2012
As others have said, the deuce was obvious.

I see three possible outcomes from this:
- First (more likely and I would hate it): Haruka pulls a move far above her skill level and wins because glorious MC.

- Second (the logical one): the Thomas sisters win, everybody is happy after such intense match and now Harukana can work harder with defeating them like it has been for Claire all this years.

-Third (the one I want to see according to my feelings through all the matches): Kanata finally stops doing that stupid move all the time and hits the ball like a real woman winning the match and realizing she can play like anyone and not being a stupid one-trick support.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 15, 2018 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

Agreed 1 million Percent
Sep 15, 2018 10:15 AM
Aug 2016
Kquix said:
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

Well I don't think different but really wanted to say this is so true, I can't really enjoy or judge this part of the show cause it makes the opposite of sense

this is how i feel i cant enjoy this shit anymore i skiped the all epsiode becouse of this
Sep 15, 2018 11:18 AM

Mar 2018
Good episode, great match, next week it's over, still hoping for harukana team to win
Sep 15, 2018 12:21 PM
Jan 2013
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

LOL , 1st Kanata is even better player than them , she was in the team that defeat them in the past , there is a difference between talent and effort , even if one person trains all of his/her life if they come across someone that is gifted in the sport , the amount of effort means nothing
Sep 15, 2018 12:22 PM
Jan 2013
To all those saying that the twins should win just because the are the 2 place of Japan, you hae no idea of anything in sports
Sep 15, 2018 2:13 PM
Aug 2016
xeco said:
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

LOL , 1st Kanata is even better player than them , she was in the team that defeat them in the past , there is a difference between talent and effort , even if one person trains all of his/her life if they come across someone that is gifted in the sport , the amount of effort means nothing

dude she was in ther hight + she had strong teamate
now she have newbie teamate (few months in theg sport)+she is half the hight+she just start playing after years

the sisters are number 2 in all japan like wtf think for a sec

stop be fooled by the mc power or (power of freindship)
Sep 15, 2018 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
kirigayaya said:
xeco said:

now she have newbie teamate (few months in theg sport)+she is half the hight+she just start playing after years

Dude youre seriously stressing over anime? Logic isnt applicable in this medium
Sep 15, 2018 6:13 PM
Jul 2017
Klad said:
kirigayaya said:

Dude youre seriously stressing over anime? Logic isnt applicable in this medium

stressing? lol i feel like a lot of people appreciate internal logic in shows
which this doesnt really have
Sep 16, 2018 5:43 AM

Jul 2017
That was intense and quite fun to watch.

I'm definitely interested in the finale of this match and show next week :D
Sep 16, 2018 8:27 AM

May 2012
One episode left ?! They did not even start the final match, so are they going to finish the final match it just one episode ?!
Sep 16, 2018 3:55 PM
Oct 2012
CorbanEsp said:
As others have said, the deuce was obvious.

I see three possible outcomes from this:
- First (more likely and I would hate it): Haruka pulls a move far above her skill level and wins because glorious MC.

- Second (the logical one): the Thomas sisters win, everybody is happy after such intense match and now Harukana can work harder with defeating them like it has been for Claire all this years.

-Third (the one I want to see according to my feelings through all the matches): Kanata finally stops doing that stupid move all the time and hits the ball like a real woman winning the match and realizing she can play like anyone and not being a stupid one-trick support.

Rooting for the 3rd option here too, hoping they'll go with that :)
Sep 17, 2018 12:16 AM

May 2015
Awwwwww! Marissa explaining rivals was so sweet!

Claire has honor! She doesn't want to beat someone while they're down!

Ok we're mixing electric guitar with bongo drums now...

The finals are being streamed online? That's unexpected...

Guitars and drums...

Haruka uses the topspin! I LOVE IT! The anime doesn't explain it. You just see it so that they can keep the action going!

This is really close, and they're getting exhausted...

Why did it have to end on a deuce? Now this match will literally go on forever!
Sep 17, 2018 6:56 PM

Dec 2007
All this tension im just waiting for one of them to snap and someone to yell out worldstar, but their showing some professionalism in this sport for all to ogle

Sep 18, 2018 3:04 AM

Oct 2008
This might be the most intense and best episode as of current yet! there's the last episode so they're saving it for the climax but this episode 11 was really great!
I didn't even noticed that the credits rolled on the screen and it felt like 5 minutes and I was absorbed enjoying the very tough extremely close fight!
5/5.

Oct 16, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
Thrilling episode, I like the fact that both sides are devoted to win.

Well, it's obvious how this ends (mainly because of Kanata x Narumi's backstory) but their match is still very enjoyable to watch. Some top-notch action.
Nov 1, 2018 2:36 AM

Jul 2011
Well. If we based on the fact that the Thomas Sisters are the no. 2 in Japan it is really impossible for haruka and kanata to win, due to the fact that Haruka just started playing. I mean come on.

But screw that! I love the intensity of this episode. Exceed my expectations!
Dec 10, 2018 4:06 AM

Nov 2013
Of course Emily and Claire will lose because they are not MC's.
That's bullshit nature of sports animes.
Feb 4, 2019 9:15 PM
Aug 2018
kirigayaya said:
i hate this anime omg
this is so bullshit

and then

i hate this anime now

Quote me
if you think different

I mean one was already experienced in volleyball while the other is naturally active and also the fact that the 2nd best girls trained Haruka and Kanata for like months straight but I do get your point
Aug 30, 2020 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
So the last episode will be all about that match point, eh? Not expecting more fanservice in that one, guess this really was more sports than ecchi in the end after all.
Nov 28, 2020 7:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it's extremely tense now xD 14 - 14, I really don't know who will win
May 5, 2021 3:10 PM

Feb 2020
What a match. This is so tense.

14 - 14

SerafosDec 1, 2023 5:37 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

59 by LugaStarLight »»
Feb 13, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Best in Bikini

JiangHaoyi1979 - Aug 10, 2018

9 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 17, 2023 10:40 PM

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 2 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 8, 2018

13 by 5hadow17 »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

120 by Attackonfiller »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:58 PM

» Real Life Locations of Harukana Receive

violin_star - Sep 8, 2021

2 by ryo-san »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.