Forum Settings
Forums

Have You ever left a Anime Midway through to Start watching another...?

Sep 13, 10:15 PM
Something the hype for the another anime is so much out of bounds that you have to put on hold the anime you are currently enjoying...
Has it ever happened to you??

Sep 13, 10:17 PM
Die

Yes I've done this a lot in the past, but not recently though. Most of the on hold anime in my list are there because of this reason.

Sep 13, 10:17 PM

Always. Then put it on-hold or either leave it in your watching list but never going to watch it again.

Everytime, everyday.

Sep 13, 10:20 PM

I've always done that and put it on-hold I will be watching these anime maybe some time in the future or not.

Sep 13, 10:29 PM

RihanD said:
Something the hype for the another anime is so much out of bounds that you have to put on hold the anime you are currently enjoying...
Has it ever happened to you??

All the time.

I usually marathon anime, so it's easy for me to forget that I was watching something currently airing or something episodic (which I try not to marathon or suffer burnout).

Sep 13, 10:35 PM
Yeah. I do this a lot. If I’m in the mood for something else at the moment, I don’t want to force myself into watching the current anime. I usually get back to them once my mood for it changes. I’ll switch between shows depending on what I’m in the mood for.

Sep 13, 10:40 PM

Yea i do this all the time that's why my CW list is so long.

Sep 13, 10:40 PM

I've done it several times for series that are a bit too long.

Sep 13, 10:44 PM

I always used to/still do it shsjs but im trying to stop my self.

Now i try to watch series that I really like,even if i dont,i try to finish them
"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk

Sep 13, 10:45 PM

I too did this once in a while especially if the series is a bit longer than usual.

Sep 14, 12:20 AM

Happens all the time. Sometimes it may be because it is long anime or because I don't find it interesting anymore. I also have favorite anime that I want to finish, so I put them in currently watching list. Rest I put on hold.

Only times I really don't leave an anime midway is when it is really good or real short and stupid. The latter happens often and I finish them so that I don't have to worry about them anymore. Particularly a certain six episode anime that I watched made me finish it immediately so that I could just put it as completed and not worry about watching it anymore.

Usually though, I do that because it is tough to finish each anime in one go. I usually binge watch them in chunks. Makes it easier.
Modified by JeremiahOrange, Sep 14, 12:25 AM
Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 14, 2:34 AM

no i tend to binge-watch anime so i could never do that

Sep 14, 2:39 AM

Sure, I just jump to another series whenever I feel like it. Right now it's between Hajime no Ippo & Mushishi. Two very different series that I watch depending on mood.

Sep 14, 2:39 AM
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Yes I've done this a lot in the past, but not recently though. Most of the on hold anime in my list are there because of this reason.

Same. Then I end up forgetting about them, and lost interest and may eventually just drop them.

Sep 14, 2:44 AM

yes always, I watch depending on my mood but what's great about me watching many shows is that I don't forget what happened so it's all good
Weeb Beats: | x x x x x x x |

Sep 14, 3:06 AM

I have for sure. Well, I usually do it when I lost interest or the other show is just too good to watch.
I just continued watching Hataraku Saibou (even though I really like it) after re-watching K-On till ep 12 of the second season. I really wanted to re-watch K-On after using Yui's picture on my profile. I got immersed in K-on and forgot to update Hataraku Saibou.

Sep 14, 4:50 AM

Yep. Azumanga Daioh, Mahoujin Guruguru, Nichijou, and Ro-Kyu-Bu! off the top of my head. Though I have every intention of coming back to at least Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Sep 14, 4:52 AM

yes, happens a lot.

Few examples: fairy tail, sword art online 2, kami sama no inai nichiyoubi
"I'm alright, because
The warmth on my back
Is from you, protecting me
My bent heart is being straightened out
I feel like I can keep on walking when I see your face
That time, I was able to gather my wishes and jump up
because of your words of encouragement"

Hanamaru◎Andante - Pastel✽Palettes

Sep 14, 5:54 AM

Do you mean mid episode? Not really.
Otherwise, also no. I don't pick up that many anime to be forced to.do that.

Sep 14, 5:55 AM

Yeah I watched the first episode of Higashi no Eden and haven’t come back to it so far lol

Anime listPast Images Tumblr
♥; hopes written in the stars .

Sep 14, 6:22 AM

yeah most of the times when i get bored or am enjoying that anime too much.

Sep 14, 6:23 AM

I don't know, at least I don't think so..
The on-hold ones that I have at this moment are ones I'm tired of binge watching and I'm just waiting for the hype for them to come back.
It's actually a normal thing for me to watch tons of series at the same time, sometimes not touching a few of them for months at a time for no particular reason.
Just a habit and a matter of time.

Sep 14, 6:37 AM
Melancholy

I do it all the time, usually with genres that get boring or are hard for me to marathon. I can usually watch something else and come back to it refreshed and manage to finish it.

Sep 14, 7:02 AM

Every ... Single ... Damn ... Time
That's why I don't use MAL

Sep 14, 9:32 AM

Yes but very rare. I don't even remember the last time I did that and which anime I paused.

Sep 14, 1:39 PM

It's hard to say, cause I always watch several shows at once. I finish faster what I enjoy the most or when the story has lots of cliffhangers (it's hard to binge an episodic show however enjoyable it may be), but that doesn't mean I don't watch anything else throughout this time. It mostly depends on the mood anyway.

Oh, and sometimes I intentionally put aside something very enjoyable so I won't finish it too fast but instead take my time to appreciate the show for longer.

Sep 14, 7:58 PM
Longer anime tend to get repetitive after a while so I like to watch several things at a time.
MAL Candies:

Sep 14, 8:02 PM

yes often with seasonal anime that only air weekly im not going to wait all week for the next bloody episode and just not watch anime now am i?
"There are two people here in the world, those who soak up abuse, and then abuse others. And those who soak up abuse, and then try to stop others from being abused."

Sep 14, 8:16 PM
All the time. Just look at my large Watching/On hold list

Maybe it wasn't very hooking, maybe I'm just not in the right mood for this show, maybe I'm saving it for later, maybe I got interested in another show like you said and it's become hard to pick it up again, Eventually I'll get back to it...is what I tell myself and I do often but it can take a while

Sep 14, 8:21 PM

Always. I even on-hold FMAB and start to watching another shows.

デート・ア・ライブ
"I want to make him mine and become one with him."

Sep 14, 11:30 PM

I left Gintama at around the episode 20 mark when I got to the panty thief episode. It was so utterly dry, I turned it off seven minutes in and began a complete binge of HxH 2011 for a month. Now I'm 20 episodes into Rurouni Kenshin. Might come back to Gintama when I finish Kenshin, but I'm particularly salty on the fact that I'll have to watch more episodes like the panty episode because the characters in them apparently come back later as important people in the final arc. Ugh.

Sep 15, 8:22 AM

Yes, I do it pretty much all the time.

Sep 15, 8:55 AM
NO, NEVER! When I decide to start an anime I will watch it all the way through!

Sep 15, 9:22 AM

Yeah, that's why my dropped show is quite a lot.

Sep 15, 9:52 AM

I mean kinda. Tho I always watch multiple shows at a time so it's hard to say. Just recently tho I started the new LOGH: Neue These anime but then soon after the last eps of Hidamari no Ki were subbed, and I've been waiting for that to get subbed for almost a decade now so I was pretty hyped and focused mostly on that show since then, not having continued the LOGH remake for now.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Sep 15, 9:52 AM

yeah, I can't go on watching a single show. I need to change shows otherwise I'd get bored

That is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard in my whole life

Sep 15, 11:03 AM

I pretty much always watch multiple series at once and drop shows whenever I get bored of them, so idk how to answer this
come with me empty human

Sep 15, 11:20 AM

Yup, I do this often. If a show starts to get boring I'll just switch to something else.

Sep 15, 11:27 AM
</overrated>

I did that with Amanchu Advance lately and it felt like a chore to finish. I binge and it makes it so much easier in every way to do it this way.

Sep 15, 11:30 AM
yes i did
i dont know why i did this
i did this cause the story was great but moved slowly