Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2018 6:17 AM

Apr 2012
@RsXeblues It's Bushiroad, so it all depends on whether they want to create a big yuri fanbase like Love Live, or just add a ship material to the franchise, like in the Band Dream. But in any case, homoerotic subtext was intentional.

UPD. Wait, are you talking about yuri vibes or developing of their relationships in general?

Sep 17, 2018 6:46 AM

May 2017
Lol the favorites to Hikari suddenly dropped, she was leading in favorites since the first episode
Sep 17, 2018 8:53 AM

Dec 2014
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Lol the favorites to Hikari suddenly dropped, she was leading in favorites since the first episode

Hikari was tied with Junna at about 12 favs each, then at ep 7 banana topped the charts, get your facts right please.
Sep 17, 2018 11:15 AM

May 2017
Jacob194 said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Hikari was tied with Junna at about 12 favs each, then at ep 7 banana topped the charts, get your facts right please.

She was leading until this episode, don't be delusional please
Sep 17, 2018 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Jacob194 said:

How.. just how.. Banana was top since a long time and 2nd was Junna... Idk why you'd think ep10 makes Hikari get any hate?
Sep 17, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2017
Jacob194 said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

How.. just how.. Banana was top since a long time and 2nd was Junna... Idk why you'd think ep10 makes Hikari get any hate?

Stop being so biased dude, she was leading, I know you're trying to defend her but quit lying to yourself
Sep 17, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Jacob194 said:

Stop being so biased dude, she was leading, I know you're trying to defend her but quit lying to yourself

Okay I'm lying... Damnit you caught me there.. now I just want you to explain to me how can Hikari ever be leading with everyone's banana memes all around everywhere?
Kaori6Sep 17, 2018 12:17 PM
Sep 17, 2018 6:48 PM

May 2017
Jacob194 said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Okay I'm lying... Damnit you caught me there.. now I just want you to explain to me how can Hikari ever be leading with everyone's banana memes all around everywhere?

Most of the meme came out only after episode 7, keep your toxicity on reddit please

Like for real, you probably haven't seen enough anime to not experience that Favorites and best girl polls and memes and just overall popularity doesn't always agree with each other especially if the show is still ongoing
Sep 17, 2018 10:20 PM

Dec 2014
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Jacob194 said:

Most of the meme came out only after episode 7, keep your toxicity on reddit please

Like for real, you probably haven't seen enough anime to not experience that Favorites and best girl polls and memes and just overall popularity doesn't always agree with each other especially if the show is still ongoing

Yeah sorry for being toxic, or wait.. wtf how am I toxic? aren't you the one that called me kid and called this show garbage without justifying anything and kept spamming the only word that you learned a couple days ago "delusional" (on multiple discussions)... if you check MAL numbers it says that I've watched more anime than you, "I've watched more anime that you", now that's a fact, numbers prove that sentence is true so it is OBJECTIVELY TRUE.. but you saying what the public opinion thinks is wrong and what you think is right without giving any proof is not.

You're either trolling hard or trolling harder, so just end this discussion here.
Sep 17, 2018 10:21 PM

Jan 2015
Revvie-chan said:
Nah nah that's more like telling you that the whole "obvious" part was something you didn't need to tell us, bcs we already knew lol. And we sort of let you do it anyway bcs it was fun. That's why, once again, sorry.

Not sure who this ‘we’ is, exactly who ‘let’ me say or do whatever... Again, no need to apologize. I said it was predictable. You agreed, saying everybody else found it predictable — or ‘obvious’, as it were, too. Nuff said.

RobertBobert said:
Wait, are you talking about yuri vibes or developing of their relationships in general?

Yea, I was talking about the development of their relationships in general... Not in a yuri/shipping framework.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 17, 2018 10:27 PM

Apr 2012
sXeblues said:
Yea, I was talking about the development of their relationships in general... Not in a yuri/shipping framework.

Oh, thanks for the clarification, otherwise for obvious reasons, I read any discussions of such shows as shipping, lol.
Sep 18, 2018 1:20 AM
Oct 2016
Karen: see, we can be top stars toget-
Giraffe: lol no
bread is yummy
Sep 18, 2018 3:44 AM
Apr 2018
When I heard playing "Star Divine" song in Revue Duet with Hikari and Karen against Maya and Claudine, but actually, they singing this song in real life theater just like this before anime came out.

https://youtu.be/HAQUfWzj3-8
CHAKA24Sep 18, 2018 3:49 AM
Sep 18, 2018 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
Revue Starlight is the only show that I watch and then read/watch several analyst on each episode. This one is good analyst for eps 10.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 18, 2018 10:07 AM

May 2017
Jacob194 said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Yeah sorry for being toxic, or wait.. wtf how am I toxic? aren't you the one that called me kid and called this show garbage without justifying anything and kept spamming the only word that you learned a couple days ago "delusional" (on multiple discussions)... if you check MAL numbers it says that I've watched more anime than you, "I've watched more anime that you", now that's a fact, numbers prove that sentence is true so it is OBJECTIVELY TRUE.. but you saying what the public opinion thinks is wrong and what you think is right without giving any proof is not.

You're either trolling hard or trolling harder, so just end this discussion here.

Lol you're seriously using anime entries now to again justify your weak opinion lmao pathetic, if I updated my profile it'd be over a thousand shows kid, don't assume everyone bothers updating their entries nowadays, it'll just do you no good.

"You're trolling" says every troll
Sep 18, 2018 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
I see this going two ways. They're either going to pull a Madoka with Hikari or Karen is going to use the power of gay to get back into the stage and do something. I prefer the first scenario, but if they choose to do the second, as long as they do it in a non ass-pull way then I'll be fine with it.

Also, is it just me or the levels of predictablity went sky high with this episode? Halfway through the episode I was like "yeah, I already know where this is going" and it made me stop watching right there and come back to it later.

Also, props to @Jacob194 for calling that 2v2 fight. I honestly didn't see it coming, I thought they would go at it as usual with 1v1 fights since they had plenty of time to solve things with three episodes left. But this just cements a feeling that I had for some time now and that is that the giraffe is just doing wathever the fuck it wants. But then again, I can hardly blame him, he must've had to endure that fucking loop hundreds of times.
removed-userSep 18, 2018 1:40 PM
Sep 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2014
BatWeeb said:
I see this going two ways. They're either going to pull a Madoka with Hikari or Karen is going to use the power of gay to get back into the stage and do something. I prefer the first scenario, but if they choose to do the second, as long as they do it in a non ass-pull way then I'll be fine with it.

Also, is it just me or the levels of predictablity went sky high with this episode? Halfway through the episode I was like "yeah, I already know where this is going" and it made me stop watching right there and come back to it later.

Also, props to @Jacob194 for calling that 2v2 fight. I honestly didn't see it coming, I thought they would go at it as usual with 1v1 fights since they had plenty of time to solve things with three episodes left. But this just cements a feeling that I had for some time now and that is that the giraffe is just doing wathever the fuck it wants. But then again, I can hardly blame him, he must've had to endure that fucking loop hundreds of times.

Hopefully a madoka or an another unknown scenario, btw halfway through the ep? when exactly? like there's not much unpredictability in the fist 14 mins usually cause it's just SoL mostly and nothing out of the common.

Yup the giraffe is just doing whatever the fuck he wants, he might end up making Hikari and Karen have a rematch just to get entertained. And who knows, maybe even 9-way battle royale lmfao.
Sep 18, 2018 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
Jacob194 said:
BatWeeb said:

Hopefully a madoka or an another unknown scenario, btw halfway through the ep? when exactly? like there's not much unpredictability in the fist 14 mins usually cause it's just SoL mostly and nothing out of the common.

Yup the giraffe is just doing whatever the fuck he wants, he might end up making Hikari and Karen have a rematch just to get entertained. And who knows, maybe even 9-way battle royale lmfao.

It's quite a literal halfway since the duet fight was announced around the 12 ~ 14 mins mark. I already knew that Hikari and Karen would end up winning and that some shenanigans would ensue in the end. Now to wait for the next episode and see what will they decide to go with. This is hands down one of the best anime of this season along with Banana Fish and Asobi Asobase.
Sep 18, 2018 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
BatWeeb said:
Jacob194 said:

It's quite a literal halfway since the duet fight was announced around the 12 ~ 14 mins mark. I already knew that Hikari and Karen would end up winning and that some shenanigans would ensue in the end. Now to wait for the next episode and see what will they decide to go with. This is hands down one of the best anime of this season along with Banana Fish and Asobi Asobase.

Yeah I see I guess yeah you can predict they'd end up winning when they announce the 2v2... Tho I didn't predict they'd play star divine for the revue xd
Sep 18, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Jacob194 said:
BatWeeb said:

Yeah I see I guess yeah you can predict they'd end up winning when they announce the 2v2... Tho I didn't predict they'd play star divine for the revue xd

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the source material. I've seen people mentioning LL and Bandori and comparing Starlight to them, so I'm assuming they're an idol group and their songs are being used in the anime. Am I correct?
Sep 19, 2018 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
BatWeeb said:
Jacob194 said:

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the source material. I've seen people mentioning LL and Bandori and comparing Starlight to them, so I'm assuming they're an idol group and their songs are being used in the anime. Am I correct?

Well, it's not exactly source material, they just did a live revue before the anime started, and the revue's story was kinda different than the anime, they're not an idol group exactly, they're just seiyuus that made a band called Starlight Kukugum for the anime (I think kukugumi means 99 pairs?) and they sang Star Divine in that live, but I guess that could be called an idol group too?
Sep 19, 2018 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Jacob194 said:
BatWeeb said:

Well, it's not exactly source material, they just did a live revue before the anime started, and the revue's story was kinda different than the anime, they're not an idol group exactly, they're just seiyuus that made a band called Starlight Kukugum for the anime (I think kukugumi means 99 pairs?) and they sang Star Divine in that live, but I guess that could be called an idol group too?

Well, I guess they would be like a temporary idol group made to promote the anime. That's the best way to describe them, I guess. But who knows, they might end up becoming a full fledged idol group at the end.
Sep 27, 2018 7:07 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
i was a little bit cringing when i heard Maya and Claudine speak french for a minute lol.

Outside of that, it was nice.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 30, 2018 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Hikari really did Karen like that huh
Oct 15, 2018 1:03 PM

Jul 2009
Claudine and Maya are great together...but it was expected they would need to lose to the final battle could happen...
Oct 17, 2018 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
I will say that I liked this episode but man, I would have loved it if Tendou/Claudine duo would have won. But oh well.

Although Claudine was probably one of the girls that less character development received during the anime, she has become one of my favourites alongside with Junna and Tendou. I don't know, I just find them rather interesting as characters. Not to mention that it was pleasant to see Claudine actually recognizing Tendou as a better performer that her without feeling jealous in the bad way. It was kind of refreshing to see this instead of the usual "you're better than me and that's why I hate you". At least, that's what I think.

Regarding the episode, it was pretty good. The 2v2 battle was great and the insert song was nice as well.
And in the end, It happened what I was expecting, which were both Karen/Hikari winning and having to fight each other. The "betrayal" was also expected although I thought Hikari would let Karen win instead of taking her out of the stage. Uhm, now I wonder what Karen will do due to this outcome. I have the feeling that Hikari will sacrifice herself for Karen's sake but I'm not sure.
Oct 19, 2018 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
I can't say I didn't expect that Hunger Games-esque twist at the end.

This episode was gold though. Claudine and Maya have been my favs since episode one, and I love their rivalry. The French bit was AMAZING
Oct 23, 2018 1:55 AM

Mar 2017
This episode = Maya da gawd, Claudine da 2nd gawd

Putting that awkward plot twist at the end aside, Claudine and Maya's performance in this entire episode is just sublime, especially when accompanied by the brilliant directing. From the revealing of the root of their rivalry to that majestic tag-team at the stage to the dramatic conclusion with tear-jerking moments at the aftermath, everything was done almost flawlessly.

To me they really nailed the competition between these 2 "side" characters, while on surface they always seem to be vying for supremacy on the "battlefield", deep down there each respect and admire the other in their own way, which makes it feel rather intriguing and even rich without being constrained in methodical execution.

Claudine while being a bit bitchy on the surface eventually turned into my no.1 character of this anime, which is rare and even weird because I never expected her to have this much development. Maya also proved her worth by earning the 2nd spot of my ranking, she really displayed a superb sisterly aura, always caring for the girls from the shadow, while doing her best to keep her emotion in check in order to retain her dignity, which truly lived up to her title as the head of the 99th class.

That 2 vs 2 matchup was really insane, I enjoyed every single moment of it, the lighting, music to action, well damn, how could a supposedly "idol show" managed to blend so many out-of-place elements seamlessly. Maya and Claudine's teamwork was just like yoooo. Tbh it really kept me on edge most of the time, so many badass scenes in just the 2nd half of the episode.

During that whole fight I got a feeling that it wasn't just a 2 vs 2 "dance" anymore, but also felt more like Claudine and Maya were having their own sub-battle deep inside, trying to show the entire stage that even in such critical situation they still remained their usual selves, constantly competing for each other, a perfect example of endless evolution regardless of the circumstance.

The result of the match wasn't outside of my prediction, I mean it's quite obvious that they were going to lose because of "plot", I don't mind that. However, what surprised me more was the outburst coming from Claudine at the end, her being in denial of Maya's defeat felt very heart-warming and sad at the same time, I really understand why she had it that way, to witness your gawd taking an L is really something you don't wanna admit with your own eyes, hence it should be quite a great shock to her.

And that wasn't just all, Maya da gawd really showcased her badassery and took that L like a boss, without even getting salty about it, and even revealed her hidden french knowledge after all this time to Claudine, constantly bombarding her with the blushy blushy talk lmao, I really lost it at that moment yet at the same time felt very satisfied with all that sudden development between da 2 gawds of this show.

To wrap it up this episode is probably the best one that this anime can offer, not that I hate other girls, Claudine and Maya just simply "outshined" them all in many ways, not just simply from inverse perspective.

2DEnthusiastOct 23, 2018 2:02 AM
Oct 26, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
That French is still terrible tho...
Nov 3, 2018 1:38 PM

May 2012
What an epic episode, really great duet dual if you ask me! Especially quite the lovely ending. Looking forwards to see what the last two episode have to offer.
Nov 11, 2018 4:48 AM

Sep 2013
Not gonna lie, I was kind of rooting for Maya and Claudine, since they feel more interesting to me than Karen and Hikari, and I wanted to see more character-developement for them.
(Even though their butchered french is quite cringy haha)

I was quite surprised at Hikari's actions at the end though! If she doesn't think Karen's brilliance should be stolen, why didn't she just remove her own button and leave the stage to Karen? or is it simply that, as long as Karen doesn't actually fight Hikari she gets to keep her brilliance? I guess the last episodes will clear my confusion
Oct 9, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2018
Is Hikari a squirrel
Mahiru has had a nice character development, she's so much like a big sister type of character now.
Hikari and Karen casually going on a date
Hikari chose Karen as if she is her pokemon. I almost thought she was gonna choose Claudine too for some kind for plot twist-inducing reason but thankfully not.
I really like how Karen's "I became dust in space. a constellation connected in the distant sky." sounds like.
Wow they beat Tendou Maya. I am guessing they are gonna fight each other next.
I feel Claudine's "Tendou Maya hasn't lost... to anyone." And she pretty much got proposed by Maya, nice.
Oh, like I felt, its Hikari vs Karen next. (I was like "just kill the giraffe" lmao just kidding. maybe.)
Wait what. I thought Hikari cut her own button off but its... Karen's? but how. Hmm.
Nov 24, 2019 12:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
lihle808 said:
I loved the French talk with Claudine and Maya, how I wish I knew French. I did French at University but it was basic and passed it but I only know the beginners stuff.

Anyway the episode was good but Hikari is one ambitious girl and who will do anything for stardom, to even knock out a dear friend. Hopefully the next will be just as good.

Yeah but french was so wrong I needed subs to understand it even if I'm french lol
Jun 2, 2020 7:24 AM
Feb 2019
This anime ages like fine wine, the more I rewatch the better it gets holy shit. This episode is still the peak of the show IMO, Maya and Claudine are no doubt the true stars, I can't stop going fanboying mode whenever they do something god damn.
Jun 4, 2020 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
FhurFc said:
This episode is still the peak of the show IMO, Maya and Claudine are no doubt the true stars

I agree with you 100% about this episode and Maya and Claudine. I wish they had more screen time. May and Claudine had less than 20 minutes of screen time over 12 episodes. Plus, a chunk of it was Maya and Claudine as Flora and Claire. I kept waiting for their episode.

To wrap it up this episode is probably the best one that this anime can offer, not that I hate other girls, Claudine and Maya just simply "outshined" them all in many ways, not just simply from inverse perspective.

I couldn't agree more. Maybe Maya and Claudine didn't get an episode because their shine would've been too bright ;-] Maya already had the best solo revue when she defeated Karen, and this is by far the best episode, IMO.
D_GeekGirlJun 4, 2020 3:10 PM
Nov 11, 2020 9:14 PM

Mar 2017
Oof, the show can tell us that Karen and Hikari had more “shine” compared to the others, but that’s really not the case when Maya and Claudine were the ones who made their “audition” more amazing and wonderful to see. At least for me.
Nov 27, 2020 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
That's actually decent quality French for Japanese standard. Definitely a lot better than in Black Butler.
Feb 5, 2021 7:36 PM

May 2020
This episode really cemented my dislike for Karen and Hikari. Claudine and Maya dominated the fight and yet lose at the last second because Karen and Hikari have more "Shine" ?

Honestly Karen and Hikari aren't even the best characters in this show and yet they have a lion's share of the screentime. Anyway, at least Claudine X Maya is sailing smoothly. I need to go check out the doujins for this show. So many great pairings.
May 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Feb 2020
Pretty nice duet battle. :)
Dec 28, 2021 6:16 AM

Jun 2021
The 2 vs 2 match result was predictable even if well realized, what i didn't expected was what happened immediately after... But this can make the final two episodes more interesting
Oct 1, 2022 2:31 PM
Nov 2018
The revue of tragedy...that was a great betrayal. Maya and Claudine felt so underutilized that I felt nothing from them losing, which is a shame. Karen is a MC that I'm not excited about every time she appears on screen since all she does is say "Hikari-chan" every 5 seconds, so it was nice seeing her get rekt.
mrixlOct 1, 2022 2:34 PM
Jan 13, 2023 4:11 PM
May 2011
Booooooo. The better pair lost. Though the sting is reduced by the beautiful scene between Maya and Claudine. I couldn't give less of a shit about Hikari and Karen
May 27, 2023 11:05 PM
Aug 2016
Best mahou shoujo
Nov 23, 2023 8:18 AM
Nov 2023
I love Claude and Maya's dynamic in this, also Hikari why would you do this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

27 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 25, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2018

49 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2018

87 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 24, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2018

37 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 24, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2018

86 by AlexGecko »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.