Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2018 7:51 AM
Mar 2018
So apparently the producers are requesting the vierwers and fans to buy the DVD & Blu-Ray releases to force a second season of this show. Now, I'm quite down with the idea of a second season, yet I doubt that there are enough people able and willing to pay roughly 150$ for half of the episodes of an anime that is entertaining, and a bit fresh, but not that thrilling of an experience, nor with a great rewatch-value.

For me this is just another example of the faults in the current industry, that there are too many overhyped anime that people don't give a crap after watching the last episode alongside too many productions to begin with. There is simply an abundance of anime that are all lacking financial planning, marketing and overall funds to sometimes even keep the studio that made them alive.
And so even if the producers state the obvious to the fans; this won't change the fact that most people aren't going to pay hundreds of their hard owned currencies, if they can get their fill with a free or monthly donation to any delivering streaming services...

PS: If they need money so badly then what was all that surreptitious advertising for?)
Sep 13, 2018 10:57 PM

Mar 2009
It sounded like they were joking around.
Sep 17, 2018 1:52 PM
Aug 2016
Keep buying, for get jashin with elegant feet
Sep 17, 2018 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Is there a way to make a negative purchase?
Sep 17, 2018 2:49 PM
Mar 2018
CondemneDio said:

Maybe, a lawsuit. But I'm also having a hard time figuering out what you meant...
Sep 17, 2018 9:11 PM

Apr 2013
Not paying 150 for a BD, but funnily enough the prices of the Jashin scale fig and the Jashin nendoroid come up to about 150. I preordered both weeks ago.

Sep 17, 2018 9:33 PM

Nov 2011
apparently it costs about $2 million to make a 1-cour.
if a bluray disk is sold for $50, they would have to sell around 40,000 to break even.
or around 13,300 copies if each is $150
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 18, 2018 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
DonTrumpolino said:
CondemneDio said:

Maybe, a lawsuit. But I'm also having a hard time figuering out what you meant...

What I'm saying is that if it were possible to make sure they don't get any money for this shitstain of an anime, I would probably do it.
Sep 18, 2018 1:34 AM
Mar 2018
That's kinda my point, I'm sure everyone that did basic math would know that the more expensive an item is, the less you have to sell to make a profit or break even. But given that every anime does that and every anime has the same problems of coming even in that manner, I almost bet that Dropkick on my Devil will take the short straw, given that the big names like My Fanbase Academia or in the next two weeks A Certain Mediocre Anime will just swallow any attention for any other anime. The industry is simply it's biggest enemy these days for things the majority doesn't care for...
Dec 18, 2018 1:08 PM

Feb 2013
Mate, you know nothing from this industry when you think that the studio is the one responsible for sequels.

And The second season was confirmed this week

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/a6sqdu/jashinchan_dropkick_2nd_season_announced/
Dec 18, 2018 2:20 PM
Mar 2018
caio_brb said:
Mate, you know nothing from this industry when you think that the studio is the one responsible for sequels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/a6sqdu/jashinchan_dropkick_2nd_season_announced/

I know that they have boards of directors, that channel the money, but that doesn't hide the fact that it is already a genre staple to waste actual screentime of the shows for marketing. Even if it's dressed off as breaking the 3rd wall, it still is just a cry for "please buy our overprized merch"...

And din't get me even started with reddit...
Dec 18, 2018 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
DonTrumpolino said:
caio_brb said:

I know that they have boards of directors, that channel the money, but that doesn't hide the fact that it is already a genre staple to waste actual screentime of the shows for marketing. Even if it's dressed off as breaking the 3rd wall, it still is just a cry for "please buy our overprized merch"...

And din't get me even started with reddit...

What are you talking about reddit? I linked it to reddit because the video is on there. lol

And of course they have a board of directors, every company has one. But a production committee is the one responsible, which in this case the major company funding is a distribution company, which is why the studio talked about buying the BD instead of another type of monetization for a second season.

Here's the video with the announcement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ht3FeAFzlk
Dec 20, 2018 9:54 AM
Dec 2018
While I will probably watch season 2 when it airs a new season doesn't really excite me that much. Jashin-chan was a mediocre show through and through with some really funny moments here and there. Tbh, there are much better comedy shows deserving a second season like Noukome and Rokujouma.
Aug 10, 2022 3:46 PM
May 2018
CondemneDio said:
DonTrumpolino said:

What I'm saying is that if it were possible to make sure they don't get any money for this shitstain of an anime, I would probably do it.

its kinda funny seeing someone get so bent over a piece of fiction and then see that the anime got 3 seasons thanks to how much support it got from fans. the anime gods have a twisted sense of humor lol.
Aug 11, 2022 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
Animendez said:
CondemneDio said:

its kinda funny seeing someone get so bent over a piece of fiction and then see that the anime got 3 seasons thanks to how much support it got from fans. the anime gods have a twisted sense of humor lol.

Your point being?
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 AM
May 2018
CondemneDio said:
Animendez said:

Your point being?
only that I found it funny, not really hating or anything everyone has an opinion but it was funny reading your comment knowing the 3rd season reached its fundraising goal in 33 hrs lol.
Aug 11, 2022 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
Animendez said:
CondemneDio said:

Your point being?
only that I found it funny, not really hating or anything everyone has an opinion but it was funny reading your comment knowing the 3rd season reached its fundraising goal in 33 hrs lol.

Good for the project, and good for the fans.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2018

33 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2018

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

26 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 4 Discussion

modboy - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 3 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Aug 9, 2018

9 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.