Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2018 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Orochimaru is still involved with experiments although it doesn't seem to be for malevolent reasons.

Honestly though, he's changed so much but I feel disappointed by his current personality. Felt like a really slow episode.
Sep 13, 2018 6:37 AM

Jan 2017
They kept an average standard for animation this episode -that's rare.
But seriously though, what has happened to this world of ninjas; we have Yamato the bad-ass falling victim to doppelgangers... And they're meant to be jonin surveilling a heinous criminal. Well done. You're doing a great job of that.
And this great white snake sage, I'm guessing it's alt-mitsuki (the grown-up).

Anyways, since it's a Mutsuki themed episode it's always got some interesting elements that I'd like to know more about.
Sep 13, 2018 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
They found out the truth about Mitsuki's "birth".

tambi33 said:

But seriously though, what has happened to this world of ninjas; we have Yamato the bad-ass falling victim to doppelgangers... And they're meant to be jonin surveilling a heinous criminal. Well done. You're doing a great job of that.

That's really true and sad, if Orochimaru wanted to do something bad he could do it without any problem.
Sep 13, 2018 8:40 AM

Feb 2018
This is so boring...................
Sep 13, 2018 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
Not too much happened in this episode, just Boruto and Sarada continuing to look for answers and the Ino-Shika-Cho team intercepting them at the end. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is Sarada and Karin's first time formally meeting each other, so that was a nice scene, even if it was pretty short. And like someone mentioned above, it was pretty sad that Yamato and other high-level Jonin got duped so easily.

tambi33 said:

Here's a link that shows who the White Snake Sage is. Looks like he was already shown in Shippuden. Don't feel bad if you didn't remember that, I also had to look this up to see if he was a previously established character or not.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
so, who do you think to inherit the snake path?
w all know Naruto is on the sage frog path, Sakura on the sage slug, and Sasuke on the Sage snake. Boruto taken a liking to Sasuke, I think he will choose the Snake sage as his path while Sarada choose Frog sage for her path.
Sep 13, 2018 10:38 AM

Jan 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Not too much happened in this episode, just Boruto and Sarada continuing to look for answers and the Ino-Shika-Cho team intercepting them at the end. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is Sarada and Karin's first time formally meeting each other, so that was a nice scene, even if it was pretty short. And like someone mentioned above, it was pretty sad that Yamato and other high-level Jonin got duped so easily.

tambi33 said:

Here's a link that shows who the White Snake Sage is. Looks like he was already shown in Shippuden. Don't feel bad if you didn't remember that, I also had to look this up to see if he was a previously established character or not.

Oh schnap 😓😓 I can't believe I forgot him. He must of been such a salad character that I couldn't remember him. Actually, was that the snake that sasuke and orochimaru to be summoning (...no. that snake was purple)
Anyways, it feel stupid for not remembering 😅😅, but I still don't remember it's relevance to Shippuden apart from kabuto learning sage mode
Sep 13, 2018 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
A good epsiode. What will happen next? A Giant Sage Snake would show up? Some nostalgic things.
Sep 13, 2018 5:20 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder who were those guys Mitsuki was with and why did he Go with them? I think the leaf village is soft and every one does whatever they please, its like an anarchy society. I wish Mitsuki would be punished though.

As for Boruto he's as reckless as ever but he still believes in Mitsuki even though he knew nothing of him, I think that's immature talk and typical shonen vibes.

I wonder how will his fight with Shiakadai's team will pen out.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 13, 2018 6:28 PM

May 2014
It's nice and very funny to see that Orochimaru is still not a good person. Somehow, he have changed but he still not a genuine good person. Just like in DBS (Freiza) it's nice to see that there is still a evil person among them. Also very nice to see Karin too. Seeing here after Shippuden is nice. Too bad she didn't get that much screentime. She is still one of the hottest girl in the entire series. xD

Damn, when I watched Boruto saying he will believe in Mitsuki and that conversation he had with Orochimaru I knew he were Naruto's son. He is litteraly a copy of him when it comes to that part. I just told myself the talk no jutsu have been brought to the next generation. xD He really resembles Naruto from Shippuden a lot.

Wow, we will be able to see the White Snake Sage in Ryuchi Cage. It was only mentioned in the fight with Kabuto vs. Sasuke/Itachi and there we only saw a pic. Cool to see him for realizes and actually see what kind of place Ryuchi Cage is. Overall, a nice 3/5 ep.
Sep 13, 2018 7:18 PM

Nov 2017
Abyhape said:
so, who do you think to inherit the snake path?
w all know Naruto is on the sage frog path, Sakura on the sage slug, and Sasuke on the Sage snake. Boruto taken a liking to Sasuke, I think he will choose the Snake sage as his path while Sarada choose Frog sage for her path.

FYI, sasuke never met white snake sage (snake sage from ryuchi cave)... kabuto and orochimaru does, but only kabuto and mitsuki posses the power of the sage mode from ryuchi cave... and i dont think that sarada would posses frog sage mode like naruto did in the past but we never know about it considering this episode is filler. I think the NEW GENERATION would never posses any sage mode (see episode 1 of anime and chapter 1 of the boruto manga.... boruto doesnt use any sage mode instead he using new things)
bondtuxSep 13, 2018 7:22 PM
Now Loading.....
Sep 14, 2018 3:29 AM

Feb 2012
Agreed with Stark, after the preview for this one last week though it would be great with Oro and Boruto, but it felt really slow since Oro has gotten so soft as well.

Anyways looking forward to this White Snake Sage they looking for. Probably after the next ep.
Sep 14, 2018 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
This arc is so good.
Kinda reminds me of the times of Sasuke leaving and Naruto going after him
Sep 14, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
I guess Yamato and the rest are kinda holding back on that chase that's why it takes time for them to catch up to Sarada, right?

And, I'm excited to know if this will be the rematch of Boruto and Shikadai next.
Sep 14, 2018 11:21 AM
Oct 2007
There was no sort of answer in this episode.. That's why the pacing felt slow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2018 5:42 PM

May 2013
Boruto is being too overdramatic in this episode, who is the white snake sage?

Sep 14, 2018 8:15 PM

Sep 2017
Feel like i seen this before Cough Naruto's sasuke rescue mission Cough

Pretty good episode n͟e͟v͟e͟r͟t͟h͟e͟l͟e͟s͟s͟.
Sep 14, 2018 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
Nice episode!
What the hell is Orochimaru's planning!? haha! at least Orochimaru's being interesting again!
of course Ino-Shika-Cho would stop Boruto & Sarada...
This arc is just like Sasuke rogue all over again!
5/5.

Sep 16, 2018 12:33 AM

Jan 2013
it's finally getting interesting

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 16, 2018 6:49 AM

Dec 2013
I’m definitely enjoying this current arc but I’m not too excited about this next episode.
Sep 19, 2018 5:37 AM
Sep 2018
This is so amazing but where is the episode 74 and the others
Sep 21, 2018 9:36 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I love how we're just watching Naruto again just with slightly different variables. lol
We had our invasion during the chunin exam, we have our team member possibly going rogue.
Like, hey I'm not complaining, but I just can't help but draw parallels all the time.
So anyway, more Suigetsu. <3 What a beauty!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 25, 2018 1:50 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems Naruto is also in hot water regarding Mitsuki as well. Considering Orochimaru's crimes Mitsuki would most probably have found it hard to stay within the village. Nice to see Karin and Sugitsu again after all this time. Things sure got heated in the convo with Orochimaru but his words were correct. But rather than let gloom take him its good Boruto and Sarada are even more determined to find Mitsuki. Looks like it will be a confrontation between friends next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2019 3:03 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seriously? How did the transformation jutsu fool Yamato and his team so perfectly like that? God, this is actually hilarious, even Orochimaru’s lost his evil-ish side of his. Mystery is still holding up quite fine though, curious to see what and why Mitsuki is out on the run without informing Orochimaru at that too. Karen’s short return was a nice addition. To be honest, this whole arc reminds me of Sasuke’s leave from Konohagakure with a little less thought and more convenience factor. As such, not the greatest of starts, but I hope the mystery art will at least be handled well enough.

Looks like the Ino-Cho-Shikadai is here to intercept the two, I wonder how Boruto and Sarada will get out of this little pinch.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 16, 2019 12:31 PM

May 2010
They keep destroying Yamato's badass image, disappointed.
Mar 29, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
Wait, didnt they find Mitsuki's headband, yet they're chasing Mitsuki (Sarada) with a headband ...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.