Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2018 4:34 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Shogunate doctors are really the lowest. But the plan to replace the Shogun and to reform the country is already in progress.

I also liked the name drop of Hidamari no Ki and the metaphor regarding it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2018 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
I like that Genpaku guy. Despite being an eastern doctor he seems to be a bit different in at least caring more about the patient than his pride. Too bad all their efforts ended up being fruitless because the rest of the western doctors would rather let the shogun die than admit a mistake or risk their status.

At the same time the health decline of the shogun is putting things in motion on the political side of the story. It becomes more and more clear how the paths of our two protagonists are gonna converge.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 30, 2018 9:24 PM

Feb 2016
The first introduction of the eastern doctors as the veneer of their ugly personifications was too cliche for my liking. I am glad that the show in-fact did a reversal and reflected my own bias by showing that appearances are not the most important trait of a character. Genpaku is proof of that with his peculiar face with the innate humility to work beyond his own ego and desires, despite being in the eastern faction he upholds the sanctity of saving a human life.

My only real complaint thus far is the show's tendency to introduce important historical figures names casually without sufficient background exploration. There are too many names to remember, with the feeling that their names are not important to the show.

Oh this character is now important, when were we introduced to him?? Anyway I guess it's a small complaint.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 24, 2020 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Respect to Genpaku for overcoming his pride as eastern practicer (unlike the others) and puts being a physician first and also to Heusken for willing to translate the medical book without asking questions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 25 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 16, 2018

8 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 9, 2022 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 20 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 13, 2018

3 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 8, 2022 9:46 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 25, 2018

9 by Nurguburu »»
Feb 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Poll: » Hidamari no Ki Episode 7 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 10, 2018

3 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Feb 4, 2022 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.