Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 12, 2018 7:01 AM
Jun 2017
Beautiful, exciting, great match between the black bull team vs vetto. And in the end its captain yami with the finishing moves....

Anyways that demon like Asta have able to beat vetto. Hahaha...

Well it looks like next week is the last episode between black bull vs Vetto. Im so excited about this one..

50/51 episode next week...
Sep 12, 2018 9:02 AM

Jan 2015
Asta kicked all kinds of ass-ta, in this episode... I mean, they all did. But Asta especially, as a ‘demon who devours even despair’. Holy schnikes!

And then Yami finally comes in... BOOM. 😳 And I died.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 12, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2009
people who are saying the next arc will be the witch arc, I'm afriad to tell you it mightn't be as they have to adapt the first novel first as there are characters introduced in that that have to be in the next arc.
Sep 12, 2018 5:55 PM

Jun 2016
Fire black clover episode this arc didnt disappoint.
Sep 13, 2018 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
komic said:
people who are saying the next arc will be the witch arc, I'm afriad to tell you it mightn't be as they have to adapt the first novel first as there are characters introduced in that that have to be in the next arc.

Afraid, afraid !
I'm not that much afraid because i didn't read the LN. ^^
Sep 13, 2018 1:07 PM
Apr 2017
THAT WAS AN EPIC BATTLE!!! I really like how Yami surpasses his limits because of everyone else! Yami's newest move is so awesome and devastating!
Sep 13, 2018 3:16 PM
Mar 2018
WOW!!! What an episode!! It's been a long time since I watched an episode of this caliber from Black Clover!!! As soon as the news spread that the anime is extending beyond episode 51; the animation quality all of a sudden escalated to a new height. Really awesome animation!!!! And the glitches when Yami cut through dimension was really cool!!!!
Sep 13, 2018 6:26 PM
Aug 2013
Episode 44-49 blow my mind! I had to watch it again but this time, in a row; rather than waiting for the next episode each week. I love every moment, seriously. The Black Bulls powers...

Asta - Two anti-magic swords and a glimpse of his newfound power.
Vanessa - Thread Magic
Finral - Spatial Magic

Magna and Luck — Combo Magic: Flame Lightning Explosive Cannon

Kahono and Kiato— Combo Magic: Sea God Slash

Noelle — Water Creation Magic: Sea Dragon’s Roar

Gauche —Mirror Magic: Reflect Refrain
Charmy — Cotton Creation magic
Grey — Transformation magic

Captain Yami -- Dark Magic: Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash

... are freaking am-ahhhhh-zing! Kudos for impressive first-time teamwork!
animefulSep 13, 2018 6:40 PM
Sep 13, 2018 11:02 PM

Nov 2016
damn after watching this episode feeling bad for those who dropped the show earlier on πŸ˜‚!! The animation was top notch.. the best episode till now
“𝔖𝔬π”ͺ𝔒𝔱𝔦π”ͺ𝔒𝔰 𝔦𝔱’𝔰 π”«π”’π” π”’π”°π”°π”žπ”―π”Ά 𝔱𝔬 𝔑𝔬 π”²π”«π”«π”’π” π”’π”°π”°π”žπ”―π”Ά 𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔀𝔰.”

Sep 14, 2018 2:10 PM
Oct 2007
OGAnime said:
All it takes is good art and animation and Black clover easily becomes a great shounen anime

I think any action show requires good art and animation to shine no matter what.. You put the Fate series in the same shoe.. I think it won't be any better
thehund said:
this fight was the pay off for sticking with this show.

That's how I feel too. Lol
I think I'm rewarded after grinding out for more than 40+ episodes!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2018 4:44 PM

Dec 2007
Loved this episode, the toilet part had me laughing and it wasn't because of the weed.

Sep 14, 2018 9:16 PM

Dec 2014
seeing how the episodes are noe extended and the conclusive battle coming to end..this gets you going... you know
Sep 14, 2018 10:44 PM

Nov 2017
Not Even despair can touch Asta

πŸ”ΉπŸ”ΉπŸ”·πŸ”· PRECISION IS MY INSPIRATION! πŸ”·πŸ”·πŸ”ΉπŸ”Ή

Sep 16, 2018 1:24 AM
Aug 2016
Take a shot everytime the word zetsubou is said. Instant KO.
I'm just glad we're (almost) finally done with Vetto.
Sep 16, 2018 2:50 AM

May 2018
Yami nice timing you got there.
You could take the glory with dimensional cut it was all deserved.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2018 7:40 AM
Feb 2017
Why the fck is Black Clover so much under rated? Though it irritated me in some episodes for being childish, it literally fucked my mind, characters and plot are being built very strongly ep by ep and i finished 49 ep in 2 days. Fck it deserves to be popular and ranked up. Meaningfull and better than many popular childish animes.
Sep 16, 2018 9:07 PM

Apr 2018
LeSponge said:

50/51 episode next week...

i have news for you, 50/?? episodes now

Sep 17, 2018 9:19 AM

Mar 2017
savagebirb said:
thehund said:
this fight was the pay off for sticking with this show.

That's exactly what I thought.

SAME
SAME SAMEEEEEEE

This show deserves more loveeee
I feel sorry for the people who dropped this early
Sep 22, 2018 10:17 AM

Dec 2016
Easily the best episode of this show so far, and only episode that's really come even slightly close to giving the manga it's justice
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 26, 2018 6:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Vetto sure was more crafty than you give him credit for. But Asta's and the team's determination proved to be the perfect counter for him. It was heartwarming seeing the squad do their best to support Asta though. But Vetto realizing that Asta was a demon though was surprising. Always nice to see Yami get serious. Hopefully that will be the end of Vetto.

Oct 2, 2018 2:23 PM
Dec 2015
Not only did Asta feed off the despair, he also gained an unknown demonic power! badass AF!
Oof! zaddy Yami so strong so sexy <3
Oct 20, 2018 9:07 PM
Aug 2017
SHIIT NIGGA HOW YOU BEEN THIS HOW ITS DONE LETS GOOOO
Nov 16, 2018 8:46 AM

Mar 2017
this pic actually sums up this episode lol

had to search like 30mins just for this meme

seriously though, what I got from this episode was like the ending of the Benizakura arc in Gintama. and like Gintama, hopefully this is the true start of a great shounen anime
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 6, 2018 10:05 PM
Aug 2018
11/10 episode, pure sakugafest

I hope episode 63 to get the same treatment

Dec 8, 2018 10:30 PM

Mar 2014
Yami is way too OP, please don't nerf

Definitely a lot of Mugetsu vibes from his attack
Jan 6, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode, I'm so glad I decide to pick this back since I'd heard some good things about the latter episodes.

The animation was awesome, the pacing is far improved from where we originally started at, I'm referring to the atrocious pacing in the start of the anime. I hope they continue this pace or step it up a little more but I'm fine if they keep to this pace.

Anyway, hype episode with a lot emotion and a lot of heart. Looking forward to more.
Jan 23, 2019 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
Getsuga Tenshō!!!!

Mar 11, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
This ep... Epic...

VETTO! STOP SAYING ZETSUBOOO!!! It's just as annoying as when Asta kept screaming in the earlier Black Clover eps. Especially when Vetto mocks the humans and took full pride in that.

Some demon power started to surface from Ata there, ooh, things will definitely get more exciting!

HYPEEE!!! YAMI THE BASASS HIMSELF STORM THE PARTY AND LITERALLY ONE SHOT VETTO THE FUCK OUT! Dimension slash is so awesome!
May 17, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2018
I will be extremely honest, I started watching this show for episode 49, because people said this moment was legendary, best anime episode ever and a bunch of other bullshit like that...don't get me wrong, it was very cool, but it was not as epic as they described it... I mean Gurren Lagann is epic not this, this is good, but not as good as people told me of it :/
Aug 7, 2019 9:07 AM

Sep 2012
when the vetto was down and asta said we need to find a way to tie him up i said are u dumb hes 2much of a threat just kill him and oh boy i was right i so that1 coming from a mile away that he will try one last desperate move

both sides are victims for humans who lived decades ago thir ancestors, story what Noelles grandmother told her was lie made up by their ancestors who killed all the elves out of fear and jelousy, thats the picture i manged to put together from the clues

basically their ancestors created this elven monsters by killing most thinking they got all and new the survivors want revange

Sugram22Aug 7, 2019 9:15 AM
Mar 24, 2020 3:47 PM

May 2018
Holy lord, how many times does Vetta get up??!

Great fights, great animations and a nice touch putting OP 1 in the climax!

But this week's petit clover is by far the best part of this series >:)
May 13, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2019
Awesome episode.5/5
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 24, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2017
That was a really good arc and holy hell Astas and Yamis Attacks were both amazing. The animation was also pretty dope! This show really grew on me. Watched 3 Episodes back when it first released. Over the last few weeks I got to thaz point and it really became better. I really like it now and I hope the next arcs will also be good.
Jul 22, 2020 7:19 AM
Jun 2019
Do you know the name of the ost when yami is about to kill vetto? Its so dope but i cant find it in any "full ost" youtube video.
Aug 28, 2020 5:22 AM

Nov 2018
The animation at some parts were superb, definitely one of the better episodes so far, and now the fight has concluded.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Dec 28, 2020 10:34 AM

Mar 2013
Was going to say in last episode how obsessed this dude is with the word "despair", and there Yami being meta calling him despair-kun lol

The fight this episode was beautiful, if only its consistent throughout the series. The 1st opening song also help elevate the fight scene alot too , just pure hype and goosebumps
Dec 28, 2020 9:57 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so thankful I don't have to hear Vetto talk about despair anymore! Yami's comment about how Mr.Despair kept talking about despair was hilarious.

The first op insert got me insanely hyped! I love it when the insert the original opening song into these hype moments.
Jun 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Jun 2020
Finally a hit to Vetto well that doesn't seem to finish it and that cost Asta that single stab costed him there he's going to take a lot of damage in return

But damn holy shit the hype is on they even played the first OP that takes me back love hearing that song again, That aura Asta was producing is something else it looks intimidating like Yami's but even scarier, Finally Vetto was taken down and stay down

I had the feeling this wasn't finished and he planned to self destruct along with the temple but Yami had enough and surpassed his limits he's in the next level as well the power that he just achieved can even slice up dimensions this guy doesn't seem to stop to learn new skills, Glad the whole team fought as one although Gordon isn't included hope to see him in the future as well.

(P.C. Nothing can separate the toilet time Yami has that's where all the thinking's been made although poor Asta if he usually forgets to restock the toilet paper he gets punished for it, Pretty amusing though)
Jun 26, 2021 12:20 AM

Dec 2012
Asta let go of the sword. He's down.
lol Vetto took the sword out.
Dat wind. Asta's walking toward Vetto.
Oh shit! They played the 1st OP song.
Asta is a akuma?
Dat strike!
Vetto is down.
Dat flashback.
Oh snap! Vetto is back up!
Vanessa will go on a date with Finral?
Yami broke out.
Dat slash.
Dat ending.

Was not expecting the 1st OP song to be played until the end of the series, but they did it hear. I love that song.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 3, 2021 7:37 AM

Jan 2021
Asta tapping into the demon part of his power was so clean when that ost started to kick in I already knew it was done I wanted to se more tho and Yami what an op ability it looked like The final getsuga tensho great episode

Jul 25, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
One hell of an episode! Yami is too cool
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 6, 2021 1:29 AM
Sep 2020
Woah ,I really want that Asta's inner demon to come outπŸ”₯πŸ”₯

10/10
Aug 19, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2015
Clean cut Captain YAMI!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 10, 2021 4:42 AM

Jul 2015
Got chills seeing Asta with his demon behind him almost defeating Vetto there but Yami sure knows how to steal the spotlight and glory with his dimension cutting mister Despair there.

Nov 19, 2021 8:50 AM

Jan 2021
HOLY SMOKES!! Hands down the best ep of the series till date!! Man, the animation, the chills and especially the last Asta vs Vetto showdown with the first OP music was just beyond exceptional😲πŸ”₯!! Plus Yami using a new dimensional cut move!! Just how OP has this guy become now?? xD

Man, I decided to pick this series back up after initially dropping it at the mid 20s episode cuz I heard it gets good, AND I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT REGRET IT!!

Feb 9, 2022 11:39 PM
Jul 2020
Holy balls this episode was fire. The animation was a big step up this episode in comparison to the previous episodes.

Damn if only the animation was consistent throughout the entire show..im not looking for demon slayer type of quality but atleast give the manga a justice of an adaptation
Feb 23, 2022 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Perfection of an episode. Animation perfect, fight perfect and moves perfect. The End of despair.
This episode was amazing!! And Yami one shouted that Despair guy.

And I think the Licht tribe is non other than elves.
Mar 9, 2022 12:20 AM

Jun 2020
I thought it was sick enough with all those Asta scenes but damn!!!!! YAMI SUKEHIROβ™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘ My eyes were GLUED.

They really shouldn’t spoil us with the sakuga like this. The animation during the fight was so great this episode, but I’m going to be so disappointed if it’s not consistent. Someone please tell me it continues being this goodΰ²₯﹏ΰ²₯ I know BC has some pretty generic troupes but it’s deserving of some good animation during its fights, I actually enjoy the story & characters, but man, the art & animation just makes me sad. This episode just gives me so much hope. Or, I at least just hope all those off model drawings stopped lol

AND THAT PETIT CLOVER LOOOOOL GOING INTO THE TOILET WITHOUT TOILET PAPER IS LIKE A BIRD WITHOUT ITS WINGS L O L

κ•€ but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
κ•€

Apr 24, 2022 6:33 PM

Mar 2021
damn this episode was good, and haruka mirai got played in the fight
May 28, 2022 3:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I would've been fine with Vetto's defeat being via the semi-unleashing of the demon within Asta, but what they actually did here is more satisfying: Captain Yami dealing the final, killing blow. This works not only because we no doubt want to see Yami absolutely flex on his squad, but rather because he states himself that he probably couldn't have done so without being inspired by how his team held on for so long without him, and even were so close to actually defeating a being several times more powerful than them. Yami's basically like, "my squad fought so hard. It would be a shame to put it all to waste."

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 21, 2020

62 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

343 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.