Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2018 8:43 AM

May 2012
I was watching this show for fanservice and did not pay attention to the story.

So, can someone give me some summary for this show ?!

THere is a lot of stuff that confuses me. Kuon is mother of Rinne ?! Why they look like same age and living in same timeline ?!

ALso, when he went back on time and met rinne again, and had sex with her in episode 10 was this really Rinne or Kuon because she had short hair like Kuon !!

I don't have problem if you spoil anything. I just want to know what is the story. I watch this weekly and it is very hard to remember what happens every episode. !!
Sep 10, 2018 12:34 PM

Dec 2014
from what I believe this is how it all goes Setsuna wakes up clueless in episode 1 only remembering he came from the future
later he recalls his name after meeting rinne

he then spends time with rinne (who also thinks she came from the future,,, but this is not true as explained in the series later on) still not able to recall the events of the future.
Due to some unfortunate events, rinne dies and kuon reveals the time capsule in which Setsuna originally came

Setsuna then enters time suspension chamber and goes back to the future (again apparantly to save rinne in the past)
Upon comng to the future he again loses his memory and meet differnet versions of rinne, karen and sara. In this post apocalypse, this is scarcity of food and it is believed no one is living outside the island... people in the slums are killed to meet the ends meet

thus in the course of events Sara and karen of the future both are killed/ died and as things are bleak we see that setsuna remembers his memories of the past and after doing the devel's tango..(cough cough) he enters the chamber to go back to the past and change the future

Also your question:
Kuon is mother of Rinne ?! Why they look like same age and living in same timeline ?!
the simple answer is anime logic..you will see alot of times when parents in anime seems like children and kuon and futture rinne are separate characters with similar hair styles

In episode 11 it starts of like episode 1 but not things are more clearer.. to us audience and setsuna

I hope it clears your queries
Sep 10, 2018 12:57 PM

May 2012
Thank you very much. Yes this helped a lot.

ibraheem234 said:
f
Due to some unfortunate events, rinne dies and kuon reveals the time capsule in which Setsuna originally came

Yea , this one is from episode 8 were rinne died. I remember this part

ibraheem234 said:

Setsuna then enters time suspension chamber and goes back to the future (again apparantly to save rinne in the past)
Upon comng to the future he again loses his memory and meet differnet versions of rinne, karen and sara. In this post apocalypse, this is scarcity of food and it is believed no one is living outside the island... people in the slums are killed to meet the ends meet

thus in the course of events Sara and karen of the future both are killed/ died and as things are bleak we see that setsuna remembers his memories of the past and after doing the devel's tango..(cough cough) he enters the chamber to go back to the past and change the future

And this part is from episode 9 and 10
So, the one he had sex with is just different version of rinne

ibraheem234 said:

Also your question:
Kuon is mother of Rinne ?! Why they look like same age and living in same timeline ?!
the simple answer is anime logic..you will see alot of times when parents in anime seems like children and kuon and futture rinne are separate characters with similar hair styles

In episode 11 it starts of like episode 1 but not things are more clearer.. to us audience and setsuna

I hope it clears your queries

I wonder what Kuon was doing is end of episode 11. Hopfully we get answer at the end of episode 11

Thank you very much man
Sep 10, 2018 12:58 PM

May 2012
Just two more question. the dead corpse in the cave is different version of Setsuna ?! And What is Setsuna relationship to rinne and Koun ?! Are they lovers or father/duaghter ?! Why Koun saying setsuna at end of episode 11 as if they are some kind of lovers ?!
thepathSep 10, 2018 1:01 PM
Sep 10, 2018 1:47 PM

Dec 2014
thepath said:
Just two more question. the dead corpse in the cave is different version of Setsuna ?! And What is Setsuna relationship to rinne and Koun ?! Are they lovers or father/duaghter ?! Why Koun saying setsuna at end of episode 11 as if they are some kind of lovers ?!

I think that that setsuna is someone else entirely..
Koun seemed to think about the time machine since...setsuna was ongoing saying things about time travel
I think setsuna is in love with future rinne but don't what the rinne to die as well
he wants to get back to the future and wants to ask for kuon's help
seeing how setsuna existance is in itself anamoly... Meaning it hasn't been cleared where is setsuna from

I just hope the last episode wraps things up

Happy to help man... (if you are one) hahaha
Sep 11, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2016
Just a question to add on

Is it actually Kuon get the sun illnesses, but not Rinne???

The previous conclusion that Reinne afraid of the sun because she thinks that she get such illness is a false statement?

If answer to these questions are true,then clearly Kuon is the mother of Reinne can be established.

Kuon actually has a role to tell Setsuna to protect "future Reinne" and now this is becoming true.
TokumiaSep 11, 2018 2:09 PM

Life is empty without anime

Sep 11, 2018 3:06 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Swordarc said:
Just a question to add on

Is it actually Kuon get the sun illnesses, but not Rinne???

This Kuon shown in the anime does not suffer from the Soot Blight Syndrome, neither does Rinne.

Swordarc said:

The previous conclusion that Reinne afraid of the sun because she thinks that she get such illness is a false statement?

Rinne truly thought to have Soot Blight Syndrome and she saw Norimasa die infront of her because of this disease.

Swordarc said:

If answer to these questions are true,then clearly Kuon is the mother of Reinne can be established.

Kuon is actually Rinné from Never Island and the mother of Rinne from ISLAND. She got pregnant the day Setsuna left her.

Swordarc said:

Kuon actually has a role to tell Setsuna to protect "future Reinne" and now this is becoming true.

Kuon aka Rinné only cares for the wellbeing and happyness of her own daughter, no matter the cost.
Sep 18, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
thepath said:

kuon was rinne of the fututre..lol did not see that coming hahaha
Sep 19, 2018 2:54 AM
Apr 2012
So I may of overlooked it or over thought it while being mind fucked the last two episodes. But who tf was the damn "setsuna" that died on the island. It never got explained or I missed it. It's not the time traveling setsuna because they show the face and all the scars on the guys body.
Sep 19, 2018 5:45 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
unknownlargo said:
So I may of overlooked it or over thought it while being mind fucked the last two episodes. But who tf was the damn "setsuna" that died on the island. It never got explained or I missed it. It's not the time traveling setsuna because they show the face and all the scars on the guys body.

The Setsuna on Boryujima close to the Island was the real son of Norimasa and Kuon Ohara (original Kuon). He suffered from Soot Blight Syndrome, was banished from the main mansion to live in the hut on the private beach and almost killed by his own father.
Sep 19, 2018 2:17 PM
Apr 2012
Cyanwasserstoff said:
unknownlargo said:

The Setsuna on Boryujima close to the Island was the real son of Norimasa and Kuon Ohara (original Kuon). He suffered from Soot Blight Syndrome, was banished from the main mansion to live in the hut on the private beach and almost killed by his own father.

Okay that's who I thought it was, that made sense plot whise but i had for some reason mixed up "Karen's brother" and that brother

More topics from this board

Poll: » Island Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

183 by Cyanwasserstoff »»
Jan 15, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

81 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2018

67 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

85 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

51 by Miki42 »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.