Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2018 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, finally the appearance of an actual Titan showing up. It's been so long.

Pretty dope music this episode too when Eren finally decided to take action. At least they finally got Eren back lol. Wonder how much the others can trust Historia now though after all that.

Still, it's nice to see everyone together again.
Sep 9, 2018 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
Episode 45 End Card by Kyouhei Tezuka

Sep 9, 2018 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
How was the cgi?

I hope they’re using it now so they can properly animate titans later on
Sep 9, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2018
The cgi was awful, way to ruin the flow of a good season.
Sep 9, 2018 11:27 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
Welp Eren is at least now better.
Also a fighting queen is a nice change.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 9, 2018 11:30 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

It was nice to see everyone supporting Eren to get him back on track.
Someone needs to explain this titan hardening to me. I don't seen to recall this mentioned before nor do I remember Eren trying to train to use it. I thought it was a power unique to the Amored Titan. What was that armor bottle even doing there? Who brought it?

Rod Reiss's titan is so damn huge, I'd call him a huge centipede over a titan though because of the way he was moving. xD
The CGI wasn't all that bad, it was way better than Colossal's CGI we had last season.

So Eren's Dad was basically trying to eliminate the Reiss bloodline in the hopes that someone else can learn to control the power's of the Founding Titan in which case the First King's brainwashing wouldn't have effect?

It'd be cool to see Historia as the queen, she doesn't seem to be against doing it so I'm interested in how that's gonna play out but I guess dealing with Rod Reiss comes first.
Sep 9, 2018 11:37 AM
Apr 2017
Cgi was way better than the cgi of s2. 😄
Sep 9, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was pretty nice. Looking forward to the next one.
Sep 9, 2018 11:38 AM
Apr 2018
And one of my fear become true: the Turkey Titan being in 3D CGI...
Actually it wasn't bad, it was better than the second season's Colossal Titan but I can smell all the 3D haters voicing their disappointment...and also the action fags because of the "lack of action" of this episode...
However, I liked this episode.

PS: is it me or the Reiss Titan very looks like a worm when it move?
Sep 9, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
while I still don't like CGI in particular, this time I wasn't as disappointed as in S2, so there's that.
Historia ready to kick some ass and Eren finally not being useless. Can't wait for next week! :D
Sep 9, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2015
The CGI was far from bad. It was definitelly nothing like the Colossal titan from last season. The pace is starting to be back to normal. Overall the story is getting better and more interesting. I just hope they explain how that armor bottle got there out of nowhere, because that was a little too convenient
Sep 9, 2018 11:44 AM
Mar 2018
thiago52192 said:
The CGI was far from bad. It was definitelly nothing like the Colossal titan from last season. The pace is starting to be back to normal. Overall the story is getting better and more interesting. I just hope they explain how that armor bottle got there out of nowhere, because that was a little too convenient
My guess for why that bottle was there is, that it came from that bag historia or kenny carried up there, and it fell out. But yeah, really does seem way to convenient.
Sep 9, 2018 11:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Reiss himself ended up transforming into the titan. The manner of how Eren transformed inside the cavern though sure was awesome. The Reiss titan though sure was huge. Its nice seeing Historia be willing to offer her own opinions even if it clashes with others. Eren's father wasn't as much as a villain as we thought. Historia as the new queen huh quite the decision. But seeing Historia make this decision shows how much she's changed. Awesome episode as always.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2018 11:46 AM

Nov 2016
Obligatory CGI sucks comment, but it was to be expected and not that bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2018 11:59 AM
Apr 2016
Where is this episode in manga?
Sep 9, 2018 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
I thought Eren gonna transform into armored titan version of him. I'm dissapointed.
Sep 9, 2018 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
I wanna be honest but that'll break my heart. I am not happy with the adaptation so far, except for 1-2 episodes. I've read this arc and it offered me so many emotions, mysteries and new stuff which i think the anime didn't offer me the same experience in gradually revealing and adding new stuff to the story. This arc made me feel the world they live in is something bigger than their lives in general. It's not because i've read the Uprising, no. Cut scenes, added stuff, changed dialogue, fast pacing... No. One of the things i am disappointed with is how WIT Studio decided for Levi to stay the same. The same, cold, unresponsive almost, badass character, but in the manga i saw his true inner world. I saw him who he truly is. He expressed emotions. Even just with his eyebrows! Besides that, anime onlies will never witness one of the best quotes from a character. I put it into spoiler tag althought this is passed gone and will never happen so anime onlies can rest assured that it won't spoil you anything not happened yet.

Also, how can they change this

to this

How can that be?! Why?!

The episode was good tho. And Rod will give me nightmares.
bakuramariksSep 9, 2018 12:20 PM
Sep 9, 2018 12:04 PM

Feb 2017
This was a great episode!
Am I the only one who's bothered by Erwin's reaction when he heard that Eren and Historia were saved? It's natural that he was surprised but he didn't seem too happy about it, as if he wasn't expecting them to be saved and that disrupted his plans.
Manga readers let me know if this will be explained later? Or am I just reading too much into it? Erwin is such a cryptic character. Either that or Isayama's strange style of drawing human expressions, which is carried over to the anime, makes it really hard to read the characters' expressions sometimes.
Sep 9, 2018 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
thiago52192 said:

Its convenient yes, but its not that hard to believe there were more syringe and stuff in rods bag, it also shows them blowing out of the bag.

And ok episode for me, the cgi wasn't that bad actually, much better than the collosal titan cgi in s2, next episode it looks like its going to be 2d as well, base off the preview.

I'm also kinda disappointed that they took out some scenes, especially the scene where Historia said the remaining bottles in rod bag has aall been destroyed and also Eren fail attempt to control rods titan.
keragammingSep 9, 2018 1:53 PM
Sep 9, 2018 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
IamShameless said:
Where is this episode in manga?

Episode 67.

shiori09 said:
Manga readers let me know if this will be explained later? Or am I just reading too much into it? Erwin is such a cryptic character. Either that or Isayama's strange style of drawing human expressions, which is carried over to the anime, makes it really hard to read the characters' expressions sometimes.

I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just say that his reaction in the manga has been the same but his facial expression was more of a "Alertness and surprise" rather than a "shocked surprise" if that makes sense.
Also, Erwin is the kind of character who barely ever smiles (and if he does, it's his rape smile like in the OVA dealing with Levi's past) - and for being so cryptic, seemingly untouchable and emotionally dead inside controlled I love him.
Sep 9, 2018 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode but I cannot take Rod Reiss seriously when it moves like a giant centipede. xD
Sep 9, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2018
I guess AoT is just garbage without action, I expected way more because I loved the 1st and 2nd season. Honestly after that retarded coup d'etat it's getting more and more stupid, I hope the next arc will have some great action again like people say
EsquirtitSep 9, 2018 12:32 PM
poop
Sep 9, 2018 12:23 PM
May 2017
That was the most disturbing Titan yet. Fucker was like a caterpillar
Sep 9, 2018 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Not quite where I was expecting this to go after last week, but this was a decent episode with the first actual Titan action in what feels like ages. It's going to be interesting to see how Rod Reiss' Titan is dealt with next week, given that he's twice the size of the Colossal and they couldn't even touch him last season.
Sep 9, 2018 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
Esquirtit said:
I guess AoT is just garbage without action, I expected way more because I loved the 1st and 2nd season. Honestly after that retarded coup d'etat it's getting more and more stupid, I hope the uprising arc will have some great action again like people say

I disagree with your opinion that it gets stupid as you say, but let me clarify a few things.

The Uprising arc was never advertise as a action thrill arc, it is one of the most controversial arc in the entire series, a lot of people drop the manga because it had too many politics and talking and less action, this arc was never advertised to be a action blown arc.

You must be mixing up the uprising arc with the return to shiganshina arc, which comes after this arc, that is the action heavy arc you are looking for and that a lot of manga reader is looking forward, it was never this arc.
keragammingSep 9, 2018 12:30 PM
Sep 9, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, Eren was awesome when he used that power.
Lol, that thing is huuuuuuuuge!
Sep 9, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
Erwin's plan to have the citizens stay where they are sure does sound crazy, but he seems to know what he's doing. Also, I know others have already said this, but I just want to reiterate the fact that Rod's Titan transformation is creepy as fuck.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2018 12:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Supercolossal Titan is as revolting as you expected from the manga. Historia's growth is one of the finest things about this arc. She's become such a strong woman.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 9, 2018 12:29 PM

Oct 2017
I would have just cut his hands and feet off and been like, "Quit your bitching, Eren, you’ll just grow them back later."

I don’t see the need for crystal to plug the wall, when they could have just made doors again, then have titan Eren install the doors. Or just have Eren command the titans to construct and install the doors. Perfect slave labor.

Speaking of commanding titans, why didn’t Eren transform and just scream at Rod and telling him to stop, or kill himself?

Also, why does Historia have to be queen? Just pick some rando and call him king. The people were mind fucked into thinking king Whathisface was the real king and that the Reiss family wasn’t. It doesn’t make one difference who you say is actually king since they have no clue what so ever.
Sep 9, 2018 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
so they choose to find out the secrets of the basement instead of sacrificing Eren to Reiss welp as a manga reader get hype on that basements contents
Sep 9, 2018 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
It wasn't as emotionally powerful nor as great in quality compared to its last few incredible weeks, but it was really damn good.

The CGI was fine, it was far from the worst.

Historia to be the next Queen? Fuck.
Sep 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Sep 2017
CGI was fine. Drawing something that size with all the detail would have been challenging. CGI aside, the titan was pretty creepy. It doesn't even look like it could stand with those flimsy legs. And then there is the way it crawled with it's face in the ground. Anyway, I'm glad Levi squad made it out without any causalities. Kenny's team got real messed up tho, including the blonde girl. We also are left in the dark if Kenny made it out.
Sep 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Mar 2018
keragamming said:
Esquirtit said:
I guess AoT is just garbage without action, I expected way more because I loved the 1st and 2nd season. Honestly after that retarded coup d'etat it's getting more and more stupid, I hope the uprising arc will have some great action again like people say

I disagree with your opinion that it gets stupid as you say, but let me clarify a few things.

The Uprising arc was never advertise as a action thrill arc, it is one of the most controversial arc in the entire series, a lot of people drop the manga because it had too many politics and talking and less action, this arc was never advertised to be a action blown arc.

You must be mixing up the uprising arc with the return to shiganshina arc, which comes after this arc, that is the action heavy arc you are looking for and that a lot of manga reader is looking forward, it was never this arc.
I dont have a problem with politics or a lot of talking but the previous two seasons never really developed how their government works and who they are, just that they are rich and only care about themselves. There hasnt been enough world building to pull of such a thing and the coup d'etat was executed poorly imo and thanks that's the arc I meant
poop
Sep 9, 2018 12:43 PM

Oct 2017
When Eren was eaten by a titan before, that titan didn’t get his powers, even though he was stewing around the inside of it. Rod is so large now the same thing would happen. Hell, Eren’s body might just get stuck between its teeth.
Sep 9, 2018 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
Username23489023 said:
I would have just cut his hands and feet off and been like, "Quit your bitching, Eren, you’ll just grow them back later."

I don’t see the need for crystal to plug the wall, when they could have just made doors again, then have titan Eren install the doors. Or just have Eren command the titans to construct and install the doors. Perfect slave labor.

Speaking of commanding titans, why didn’t Eren transform and just scream at Rod and telling him to stop, or kill himself?

Also, why does Historia have to be queen? Just pick some rando and call him king. The people were mind fucked into thinking king Whathisface was the real king and that the Reiss family wasn’t. It doesn’t make one difference who you say is actually king since they have no clue what so ever.

The anime decided to skip the scene where Eren attempted to control Rod by screaming, and it fail for reason you will find out later, basically Eren can't use the coordinate for reasons.

You mean make a gate? How would any human have time to construct a gate in a titan infested area?

@Esquirtit The first 2 season of attack on titan is just the introuduction phase, where it gives you the basic, it is also a series full of mystery that it can't give away too much too quickly, if more depth were put into the first season we may would have delve into the conspiracy right away in the first season, and that would not have been a smart thing to do, when titan is suppose to be the main focus in that season. They give enough world building in the 3rd season, I don't know how much more in depth it needed to go for it to be executed better for you.

keragammingSep 9, 2018 12:54 PM
Sep 9, 2018 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
Username23489023 said:
When Eren was eaten by a titan before, that titan didn’t get his powers, even though he was stewing around the inside of it. Rod is so large now the same thing would happen. Hell, Eren’s body might just get stuck between its teeth.

remember Rod Reiss said to Historia that she have to eat the spinal cord fluid of Eren to get the Founding Titans power
Sep 9, 2018 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
keragamming said:

You mean make a gate? How would any human have time to construct a gate in a titan infested area?

The wall still exists, and there are trains and such ontop of the wall. They would just have to lower it and have Eren put it in place.

Hell, just drop a bunch of rocks until they pile up over the hole.
Sep 9, 2018 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
Username23489023 said:
keragamming said:

The wall still exists, and there are trains and such ontop of the wall. They would just have to lower it and have Eren put it in place.

Its a huge ass gate, the size of the armored titan or even bigger! To make a new gate would take a long ass time, which is why Eren method is a lot more quicker and convenient.

I just told u the size of the gate, you know a bunch of rocks wont make any sense now.
Sep 9, 2018 1:16 PM

Oct 2017
keragamming said:
Username23489023 said:

Its a huge ass gate, the size of the armored titan or even bigger! To make a new gate would take a long ass time, which is why Eren method is a lot more quicker and convenient.

I just told u the size of the gate, you know a bunch of rocks wont make any sense now.

Eren plugged one hole with just one rock. Even if it takes a year, what does it matter when the titans cannot touch you?
Sep 9, 2018 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
Username23489023 said:
keragamming said:

Eren plugged one hole with just one rock. Even if it takes a year, what does it matter when the titans cannot touch you?

Where will he find a big ass rock like that again? You are missing the point here they want to reach the basement as soon as possible here.

Your problem is that you always over think things.
Sep 9, 2018 1:27 PM

Mar 2018
@keragamming with the coup d'etat, everything happened in one room in one episode, I dont understand, did they take over the whole government and now have control over everyone inside the walls or just one city? That just feels lazy and way too easy idk, I think I just feel like the subplots dont connect well with the main plot but I still enjoy it overall, just not as intense anymore

@Ezz-sama yep maybe I'll read it back in the manga when the season is over
poop
Sep 9, 2018 1:30 PM

Dec 2015
Thank god there are logical people like Armin and Historia to stop Eren from acting retarded.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 9, 2018 1:31 PM

Jan 2017
This Titan looked so gross, but the episode was dope... Pity that the action didn't start from this episode though. I wanted to see how they'd fare.
😂😂😂😭 it's amazing to see how mikasa outright refuses eren being a sacrifice
"The whole worlds gonna go to ruin"
Nope. Eren can't die though"
Ahh. Her love for eren persists
Anyway, can't wait for next week, I wonder if you eat a member of the Reiss family, will it benefit eren in any way
tidoesstuffSep 9, 2018 1:39 PM
Sep 9, 2018 1:33 PM

Feb 2018
This CG wasn't all that bad I mean it didn't look great but I think it was acceptable and didn't really distract from what was going on. Probably also cuz the CG Titan was crawling with his face in the ground.
This episode felt rather short cuz sadly not all that much happened. Tbh I just want this arc to finish so we can see them try to reconquer the walls.
Sep 9, 2018 1:41 PM

Oct 2017
keragamming said:
Username23489023 said:

Where will he find a big ass rock like that again? You are missing the point here they want to reach the basement as soon as possible here.

Your problem is that you always over think things.

The first wall broke like, what, four years ago? They could have had it filled by now with little rocks. If they don’t have rocks, then what do they repair the wall with?
Sep 9, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
Attack on titan season 3 episode 8

The bad:
- The storyboard. Lazy af
- Levi's talk with Historia was reduce to that? Disappointed.
- Removing Eren trying to control Rod's titan form (this could be added next episode)
- The CGI smoke. The titan was actually cool but the smoke was really disturbing

The ok:
- Eren's running and the titan crystal transformation
- The music. Really weak this episode when compared to last week.

The good:
- Rod's titan reveal. Lit af.

Everything else was also OK.

6/10

EDIT: Also, why are they cutting every Frieda flashback? She's barely in the arc when she was supposed to be one of the main characters...
azertz99Sep 9, 2018 2:07 PM
Sep 9, 2018 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
thiago52192 said:
Watch that scene again. When Historia goes flying so does the bag and there's like 5 bottles that come out. Eren just picked the one saying armor.
Sep 9, 2018 2:11 PM

Dec 2015
I prefer the manga version of this episode. Eren's titan transformation was good, as for rod reiss it was okay.
Also, I can't believe they brought up the queen talk in that situation and like that. They should've just followed the manga. So, 3.5/5
Sep 9, 2018 2:17 PM
Aug 2018
For anyone complaining about the CGI, please be mindful of the current situation in Japan where animators are underpaid, making only 10k$ a year with a recent survey.
Sep 9, 2018 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode as always! I really love Historia taking the initiative and deciding to become the Queen, her character development this arc has been so good.

To be honest I had forgotten about the Eren scream at Rod until people in this thread pointed it out. They may have that next episode, I agree it's an important point to address now since it shows the limitations to Eren's Coordinate.

The CGI wasn't as bad as last season, next episode seems like it will have some 2D for Rod so that'll be nice.

Can't wait for next week! The pacing of this arc has been really good, they're going to have plenty of time to adapt the next arc and the arc after that in the remaining episodes.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.