Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Setsuna seems back to normal again with his buddies. Seems this show is still not shy on throwing out panties jokes.

Looks like he and Rinne got to spend some time at a local festival. Meh, I guess the episode wanted to develop their relationship in this timeline more but I'm not feeling it much. At least girls looked good in their yukata.
Sep 9, 2018 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
Setsuna was about to have an incest relationship with his own daughter. lol I hope he stops future Rinne from leaving.
Sep 9, 2018 8:43 AM
Aug 2016
I expected that kind of twist since first episode. Curious to see what'll happen in the last episode
Sep 9, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Wait a minute...
Sep 9, 2018 9:39 AM

Jul 2017
The future is re-written and we *jump* back to the 1st episode all over again (episode 8-10 being recursions) with different perspectives and a Setsuna knowing his mission into the current set of events.

And things...have taken for a better turn of events, saving all 3 girls lives' destinies together. Oh well....

Nonetheless, Setsuna and Rinne's time together for sometime...though the feeling is still mutual. They look nice in their Yukatas though...

One more episode to go...what will the future hold for them???
Sep 9, 2018 9:49 AM
Mar 2016
Finally we got some solid answer about the things going on and happy to see Setsuna remembers everything this time. I wonder why Kuon changed her name and give it to her daughter, it just complicates the things. Though I guess she chose to use the time machine back in time to save her daughter from that horrible future maybe.
meganewakakkoiiSep 9, 2018 9:55 AM
Sep 9, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2009
Hebi_op said:
I expected that kind of twist since first episode. Curious to see what'll happen in the last episode

Same here. I was starting to think my theory was wrong when Kuon came out of her room for that massage. She acted normal around them. But with the way she kept asking if he had slept with Rinne....
Sep 9, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2015
Well this episode really cleared some things up for me!
Sep 9, 2018 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
This episode felt so relatable from a gaming point of view.
Setsuna was basically rushing through all the pointless scripts, cutscenes and last dungeon encounters before facing that boss that keeps defeating you.

So Kuon is NI Rinne and I Rinne is actually Setsuna daughter?
FFS Setsuna get a grip you shouldn't feel that way. Thank god he dodged every move from I Rinne.

The only thing I don't understand is why is NI Rinne already building the time machine. Before going to Never Island it was showed that "Kuon" (I have misstyped it as Kyon 5 times while writting this) didn't knew how to build it.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 9, 2018 10:50 AM
Sep 2018
This episode was good from the point of view of the anime considering how Setsuna was able to help the girls and the advances in his incestuous relationship with Rinne but unfortunately confirms that is a very bad adaptation,
Sep 9, 2018 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
First of all unlike past episodes the pacing on this one was good and it didn't felt rushed like usual.

▶kind of disappointed that Setsuna woke up in episode 1 and didn't went to the deeper past (near the time of legend Setsuna) so now what? there wasn't any repeat of loops or anything? he just come back with the memory's this time and things are going to alright? i don't think so.

▶With the stuff about Kuon and the fact that she looks like Rinne, one possibility comes to mind. Maybe Rinne from the "Never island" used the time machine to go back in time but she didn't end up at the same time as Setsuna and also because of the stuff from the past episode, Rinne could be really her... yea.

▶Lastly one thing that bugged me from the past few episodes was the identity of 1th Setsuna, the one that we find his body in the Boryujima island, who was he? where was he come from? im guessing he also got a role here.

So we have to wait and see.
Sep 9, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
Wut, so Kuon is the Rinne from the future? And present Rinne is his daughter? What the actual heck?
Sep 9, 2018 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
We are reset to the beginning setting again, and it was boring, not gonna lie. Setsuna's actions were good in rushing through it, but his relationship with Rinne continues to just be uninteresting.
Sep 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Normally I might complain about the show speeding through things at this sort of pace, but honestly I don't mind, as we got all the important stuff sorted without really losing too much of value that we hadn't already seen previously. However, it was obviously going a little too well, so throwing this "Kuon is actually Rinne from New Island" subplot into things gives us an interesting hook for the finale (it seems like that's what next week will be, based on the pacing this episode). Knowing this now is all well and good, but I'm still unsure what impact this will actually have on Setsuna saving Rinne, other than reminding him of who he actually loves (also raises the question of how New Island Rinne came back as well, actually).
Sep 9, 2018 12:54 PM

Aug 2017
Dat ass Setsuna.

Kuon is the Rinne from Never Island. Rinne from the present is her daughter? LOL.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 9, 2018 1:01 PM

Jun 2017
Welp, it was pretty suspicious how Kuon (Never Island Rinne) kept asking about having sex and her reaction also confirmed it with the teeth clenching when she watched them from the window. That's a pretty interesting twist actually. Still, she could have told Setsuna everything now that he returned with his memories intact instead of playing the "find out your true feelings on your own" game. It's romantic and all but pretty cruel too.
Sep 9, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Setsuna certainly didn't waste time. He was able to speed-run through all of the problems behind Karen and Sara perfectly. As for Rinne, he helped her really nicely, but that's where things got more interesting.

Kuon is the Never Island Rinne and her daughter is the Island Rinne. With that in mind, Setsuna has dodged a bullet by not kissing the Island Rinne on two occasions. You lucky bastard. XD

However, Kuon is making a time machine herself, so I'm really interested to know about her true motive here and when Setsuna finds out himself. This is shaping to be a pretty hectic, but interesting finale.
Sep 9, 2018 4:51 PM

Jan 2015
In spite of a few oddities and inconsistencies, I really enjoyed this ‘Groundhog Day’-esque trip back over previous events... Although, damn did that little twist at the end get my eyebrows making a beeline for my hairline. I guess it’s a damn good thing Setsuna is observant — before things got a little; Nasty.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 9, 2018 5:14 PM

Nov 2016
The patient viewer got rewarded, at last.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2018 6:15 PM

Sep 2016
John_Max said:
With the stuff about Kuon and the fact that she looks like Rinne, one possibility comes to mind. Maybe Rinne from the "Never island" used the time machine to go back in time but she didn't end up at the same time as Setsuna and also because of the stuff from the past episode, Rinne could be really her... yea.
Yep, if you pause at the right moment when they show Kuon fixing the time machine, you can see she’s wearing the ring setsuna made for her in the future.
Sep 9, 2018 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
Now I can see why she didn't want Setsuna to do it with her daughter.
Finally an episode I liked btw
Sep 9, 2018 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
Naisu tuwisuto (though you could see it coming)

Incest averted.
Sep 9, 2018 8:04 PM
Jun 2013
the ending to this episode was so wild! i loved it! so he came from the past from the future to the past. can't believe that Rinne's mother (Kuon) was Setsuna's lover in the past and i liked how he realized it and i believe Kuon realized it too! he was acting like such a boss solving all their problems with 100% accuracy. i just really hope there is like a huge butterfly affect b/c of that. so it was good that Setsuna didnt kiss Rinne in the forest. glad its not 12 ep too!
Sep 9, 2018 8:40 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Good to see him finally back on the island again
When they were near the trees I feared they'd get hit and he'd have to redo everything again so I'm glad this didn't happen
It didn't explain how Rinne's mother (the actual Rinne) got the disease but perhaps we'll get there next week.
Going to be awkward, something along the lines of "Rinne... I am your father"
Heh
Sep 9, 2018 10:18 PM

May 2015
Rings retain memories! And RAPE SCREAM!

We're Island again! And we get to hear Yukarin's baka voice!

Waaaait....Kuon...the time machine...Is Kuon...future Rinne?

KUON IS FUTURE RINNE!!!!

And if Kuon is future Rinne...and present Rinne loves Setsuna...but present Rinne is Kuon's daughter...Did Kuon travel back in time when she was pregnant? I guess that explains why she looks so young...But...

What happens to this Mother-Father-Daughter relationship?...WHAT HAPPENS? ONE MORE EPISODE TO GO!
TarotistSep 9, 2018 10:22 PM
Sep 10, 2018 12:04 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Good thing I never dropped this despite being so confused (loli Sara's cuteness made me not to). Plot twist of the season award goes to this one.
Sep 10, 2018 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
Rinne making fuss about pantsu was adorable.

Sep 10, 2018 6:22 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Ranacchi said:
Good to see him finally back on the island again
When they were near the trees I feared they'd get hit and he'd have to redo everything again so I'm glad this didn't happen
It didn't explain how Rinne's mother (the actual Rinne) got the disease but perhaps we'll get there next week.
Going to be awkward, something along the lines of "Rinne... I am your father"
Heh

Kuon (NI O´hara Rinné) does not suffer from the Soot blight syndrome. More about this would be a spoiler and I hope that the anime will also explain the important role of Kuon Ohara.

CorbanEsp said:

The only thing I don't understand is why is NI Rinne already building the time machine. Before going to Never Island it was showed that "Kuon" (I have misstyped it as Kyon 5 times while writting this) didn't knew how to build it.

That is because this NI-O´hara Rinné is that girl this Setsuna of this "time" has met before using the Cold Sleep Chamber. She did follow him, but got in the wrong time (1976 instead of 1999). Of course after getting her memories back, she would remember the blue prints she draw 20.000 years before.
CyanwasserstoffSep 10, 2018 6:40 AM
Sep 10, 2018 8:13 AM

May 2017
Dark_-_Shinigami said:
This episode was good from the point of view of the anime considering how Setsuna was able to help the girls and the advances in his incestuous relationship with Rinne but unfortunately confirms that is a very bad adaptation,

Please tell me Kuon gets Setsuna, I don't even care if it's a threesome (with their daughter no less), Kuon needs some love (best girl)
Sep 10, 2018 8:14 AM

Jan 2018
*typing with eyes closes* just one more episode to go so I can watch thicc
Sep 10, 2018 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Setsuna seems back normal?
Sep 10, 2018 10:15 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Please tell me Kuon gets Setsuna, I don't even care if it's a threesome (with their daughter no less), Kuon needs some love (best girl)

Sep 10, 2018 10:50 AM
Sep 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Sep 10, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2012
Why Kuon and Rinne look same age ?! if they are mother and daughter

I asked some question on another thread. No one answer
Sep 10, 2018 11:35 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Dark_-_Shinigami said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

thepath said:

Rinné or Kuon is really about 36 years old. She did look that young even in the VN, but she is truly about 36 years old in that time.
CyanwasserstoffSep 10, 2018 12:39 PM
Sep 10, 2018 11:39 AM

May 2012
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Dark_-_Shinigami said:

thepath said:

Rinné or Kuon is really about 30/31 years old. She did look that young even in the VN, but she is truly about 30 years old in that time.

But in episode 8, she did look older

Also, does kuon know that Rinne is her daughter ?! I'm not paying attention so much to this anime, so I forgot a lot of stuff
Sep 10, 2018 11:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
thepath said:

Cyanwasserstoff said:

Rinné or Kuon is really about 30/31 years old. She did look that young even in the VN, but she is truly about 30 years old in that time.

Also, does kuon know that Rinne is her daughter ?! I'm not paying attention so much to this anime, so I forgot a lot of stuff

She does look the same as in episode 8 (if you mean the picture, then it is because Rinne is a small child, while Rinné is only a few years older then in the Never Island time).

Kuon aka Rinné has regained her memories back after some time has passed. So she knows everything about what happened on Never Island and that she has given birth to Rinne.
Sep 10, 2018 12:04 PM
Sep 2018
thepath said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Sep 10, 2018 12:11 PM

May 2012
Dark_-_Shinigami said:
thepath said:

Sep 10, 2018 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
not gonna lie… I believe this had been a good rap up of the show… I certainly believe I am looking forward to the final episode….
Sep 10, 2018 12:35 PM
Sep 2018
thepath said:
Dark_-_Shinigami said:

Sep 10, 2018 12:41 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@Dark_-_Shinigami: About the age from Rinné (Kuon), I did forget to calculate the cold sleep chamber time of Rinne (1994-1999), so I did miscalculate her age. Yeah, she was about 36 years old in that time.

Sep 10, 2018 12:50 PM
Sep 2018
Fun fact about Rinné's age, Setsuna said that he liked girls from 13 to 37 years old so maybe some day we will see some good ero-doujins about an incestuos threesome with Setsuna, Rinné and Rinne ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 10, 2018 3:44 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Dark_-_Shinigami said:
Fun fact about Rinné's age, Setsuna said that he liked girls from 13 to 37 years old so maybe some day we will see some good ero-doujins about an incestuos threesome with Setsuna, Rinné and Rinne ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That could be an invitation of the NI Rinné, Rinné that followed Setsuna, but arrived 23 years earlier and Rinne :P - Just kidding :P

Sep 10, 2018 4:09 PM

Dec 2016
Kuon being the future Rinne seemed pretty obvious, but the only reason why I didn't fully believe it was because of how hard the show pushed Rinne's romantic relationship with Setsuna. If it actually turns out that Rinne is Setsuna's daughter, this is going to turn out very weird... Interesting, but still weird.

Also, I and many others have said it before, but the pacing of this show could have been a lot better. This show would have really benefited from being a 20+ episode series, and they especially should have extended the Never Island part.

What's the difference?
Sep 10, 2018 11:02 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Daemon said:
Kuon being the future Rinne seemed pretty obvious, but the only reason why I didn't fully believe it was because of how hard the show pushed Rinne's romantic relationship with Setsuna. If it actually turns out that Rinne is Setsuna's daughter, this is going to turn out very weird... Interesting, but still weird.

Rinné (Kuon) does not care about blood-relations. As long as Rinne, her daughter is truly falling in love with someone and can get her own happiness, Rinné (Kuon) will agree. Setsuna and Rinne are at least close in age (18 - 20 and 17).
You have to remember the legend of Setsuna and Rinne, the love that is not allowed to happen. There is a reason behind the legend and this will get back to the origin of Setsuna and Rinné.

Daemon said:

Also, I and many others have said it before, but the pacing of this show could have been a lot better. This show would have really benefited from being a 20+ episode series, and they especially should have extended the Never Island part.

The anime did change many plot points and left out important ones, too. The anime has also a much less desperate story compare to the VN. The production studio left out some despair moments that would have more impact in understanding the characters.

The Never Island part was cut down in only two episode. Many moments of character development of Setsuna, Garand Sarah, Kurtz Karin and O´hara Rinné was also left out.

The anime approach to this VN is way different then the way the VN handled the plot and plot progression.
CyanwasserstoffSep 10, 2018 11:07 PM
Sep 11, 2018 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
Probably this is the true ending from the visual novel,while before it's the bad ending.They just managed to combine them together.

Well,I've not played the vn,but it really looks like that.

Life is empty without anime

Sep 11, 2018 9:24 AM

Dec 2016
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Daemon said:

Rinné (Kuon) does not care about blood-relations. As long as Rinne, her daughter is truly falling in love with someone and can get her own happiness, Rinné (Kuon) will agree. Setsuna and Rinne are at least close in age (18 - 20 and 17).
You have to remember the legend of Setsuna and Rinne, the love that is not allowed to happen. There is a reason behind the legend and this will get back to the origin of Setsuna and Rinné.

That's nasty as fuck though.

What's the difference?
Sep 11, 2018 9:32 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Swordarc said:
Probably this is the true ending from the visual novel,while before it's the bad ending.They just managed to combine them together.

Well,I've not played the vn,but it really looks like that.

There are a lot bad endings in the novel, some of them even end with one of the characters to get killed.
The anime does not follow the true route properly. The studio behind did change a lot to speed up the pacing and to avoid some other aspects of the VN.

Daemon said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

That's nasty as fuck though.

Let´s say there is more to it then meets the eye and I am afraid the anime will not adapt these details. The anime will have a slight different ending or a different way to reach the final conclusion. Many things are changed or left out, so I do not really want to compare them with each other.

Sep 11, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2018
whoaa so kuon is rinne from the past? and this timeline rinne is his daughter? but hes trying to give her the d again omg

w.e i support setsuna in his decisions hes the man
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Island Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

183 by Cyanwasserstoff »»
Jan 15, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2018

67 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

85 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

51 by Miki42 »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Island Episode 4 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 12, 2018

8 by Miki42 »»
Nov 28, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.