Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2018 7:41 PM
Apr 2018
I'm feel a little bit confused on this eps. First, Kuon is the real Rinne (absulotely she changed her name) and Rinne in the present are her daughter?? But now, I agree with this 80%. Second, what happened with Sara and Karen?? In the past, Karen looks more younger and Sara looks more mature. Reincarnation? Or both of them are the time traveller too? I don't think so 😅 Just wait the last eps..

PS : Sorry for my bad english
Sep 11, 2018 8:32 PM

Oct 2015
Setsuna is saving the future left and right. But something is strange about Kuon, the way he uttered Setsuna's name makes me believe she's Rinne of the future. If its true then the father is Setsuna or what? If its that so then this series is way more messed up than already is.

I don't have high hopes for it, but next time its the final ep, Yay!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 11, 2018 11:08 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
korneliusch said:
I'm feel a little bit confused on this eps. First, Kuon is the real Rinne (absulotely she changed her name) and Rinne in the present are her daughter??

That is why the sex scene from Setsuna and Rinné (Never Island) was included. That was the moment Rinné got pregnant. It is easy to assume that she took her knowledge, rebuilt the "time machine", tried to follow her loved Setsuna, arrived way to early, lost all her memories at first, was renamed as Kuon by herself or someone else.
This is based on anime knowledge, so we do not know why and who has given Rinné (NI) the name Kuon.

Let´s do at least a little math here: Rinne is 17 years old, but slept 5 years in the Cold Sleep Chamber = 22 years + 9 month of pregnancy. 1999 - 22/23 years = 1977/1976 is the year Rinné arrived.

korneliusch said:

Second, what happened with Sara and Karen?? In the past, Karen looks more younger and Sara looks more mature. Reincarnation? Or both of them are the time traveller too? I don't think so 😅 Just wait the last eps..

It is no real spoiler, but you are correct about Sarah and Karen. The Karin Kurtz is the reincarnation of Karen Kurutsu and Sarah Garland is the reincarnation of Sarah Garlando.
Sep 12, 2018 1:23 AM
Jun 2017
Actually at first i thought i am watching the wrong episode since it looks like a recap, and well it really is like a summary of past episodes but the important part which made me like this one is the last part of it- when he saw the picture of kuon (rinne's mother) and a baby girl (which perhaps is rinne). Does this mean that rinne is setsuna'a daughter. Hmmm!!!

INCEST AT ITS FINEST!!! hahaha...

*or maybe rinne just changed her name and pass that name to her daughter?.. hmmm... im so excited about this one...
Sep 12, 2018 3:01 AM
Apr 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
korneliusch said:
I'm feel a little bit confused on this eps. First, Kuon is the real Rinne (absulotely she changed her name) and Rinne in the present are her daughter??

That is why the sex scene from Setsuna and Rinné (Never Island) was included. That was the moment Rinné got pregnant. It is easy to assume that she took her knowledge, rebuilt the "time machine", tried to follow her loved Setsuna, arrived way to early, lost all her memories at first, was renamed as Kuon by herself or someone else.
This is based on anime knowledge, so we do not know why and who has given Rinné (NI) the name Kuon.

Let´s do at least a little math here: Rinne is 17 years old, but slept 5 years in the Cold Sleep Chamber = 22 years + 9 month of pregnancy. 1999 - 22/23 years = 1977/1976 is the year Rinné arrived.

Okay, make sense. IMO, when Rinné arrived, she meet Karen's mom (I forgot her name), they talk about time machine and then rebuilt it again. And I think, Karen's mom don't know that Rinné is a time traveller. And doesn't that mean Setsuna "goes" too far? He meet Rinné again when Rinne already grow up (Man... she's 22 years old literally 😂)

Cyanwasserstoff said:
korneliusch said:

Second, what happened with Sara and Karen?? In the past, Karen looks more younger and Sara looks more mature. Reincarnation? Or both of them are the time traveller too? I don't think so 😅 Just wait the last eps..

It is no real spoiler, but you are correct about Sarah and Karen. The Karin Kurtz is the reincarnation of Karen Kurutsu and Sarah Garland is the reincarnation of Sarah Garlando.

Somehow, I can't call it "Reincarnation". How about their friends on the past (Ann, Mei, Emiri)?? Too many confusing things here, I can call it "Plothole" 😄
korneliuschSep 12, 2018 3:05 AM
Sep 12, 2018 3:20 AM

Oct 2008
Felt like watching episode 1 all over again, but this time, Sanzenkai Setsuna is being more careful and cautious of his actions not to mess-up anymore...that's what I think...but plot still confusing.
4/5.

Sep 12, 2018 6:06 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
korneliusch said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Okay, make sense. IMO, when Rinné arrived, she meet Karen's mom (I forgot her name), they talk about time machine and then rebuilt it again. And I think, Karen's mom doesn't know that Rinné is a time traveller. And doesn't that mean Setsuna "goes" too far? He meet Rinné again when Rinne already grow up (Man... she's 22 years old literally 😂)

Either Setsuna travelled to far or Rinné did arrive to early. It depends on the point of view. Karen´s mum did not help Rinné to build the tiime machine, because Rinné arrived in one at that time (Cold Sleep Chamber). She is currently working on a time machine, that has no side effect of loosing memories, I guess (because this part is anime only).

korneliusch said:

Cyanwasserstoff said:

Somehow, I can't call it "Reincarnation". How about their friends on the past (Ann, Mei, Emiri)?? Too many confusing things here, I can call it "Plothole" 😄

Karen´s friends are anime only characters, but that is not important here. The families destiny is to reborn to follow their means of their family name. Garand(o), Kurutsu/Kurtz and O`hara/Ohara. In Rinne´s case it was because her mother used a time machine, but Karin and Sarah were the reincarnations of Sarah and Karen.

This is no plot hole, because the world of ISLAND works that way. It is all along the rules of said world building. It would only be a plot hole, if it cannot be explained by the rules of the fictional world itself. And it was said that the three families have a certain destiny that lead to their reincarnations.
CyanwasserstoffSep 12, 2018 6:16 AM
Sep 12, 2018 10:10 AM

Jul 2012
Rinne's father from the first time skip is the reason that old Setsuna fell down the cliff and everything though. If Rinne is new Setsunas daughter, how could this have all happened? Did Rinne( Kuon) get remarried?
Sep 12, 2018 1:31 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Phoenix_Trite said:
Rinne's father from the first time skip is the reason that old Setsuna fell down the cliff and everything though. If Rinne is new Setsunas daughter, how could this have all happened? Did Rinne( Kuon) get remarried?

Norimasa Ohara is the official father of Rinne. And he almost killed his own son Setsuna Ohara, by throwing him off the cliff.

Setsuna Ohara suffered from the Soot Blight Syndrome and Setsuna Sansenkai and Setsuna Ohara are completely different people.

If you take only the anime, this will be the only intel about them. I hope that the anime will at least tell the story behind Rinné in the timline from 1976 - 1999 A.D. .
Sep 12, 2018 5:28 PM
Sep 2018
Even if Setsuna go back to past, I think they are on the loop relationship. Kuon who is also Rinne that might followed Setsuna and Rinne being the daughter of Kuon and Setsuna. It's like Sara said. RINNE is the Mother of herself.
Sep 12, 2018 7:56 PM
Apr 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
korneliusch said:

Okay, make sense. IMO, when Rinné arrived, she meet Karen's mom (I forgot her name), they talk about time machine and then rebuilt it again. And I think, Karen's mom doesn't know that Rinné is a time traveller. And doesn't that mean Setsuna "goes" too far? He meet Rinné again when Rinne already grow up (Man... she's 22 years old literally 😂)

Either Setsuna travelled to far or Rinné did arrive to early. It depends on the point of view. Karen´s mum did not help Rinné to build the tiime machine, because Rinné arrived in one at that time (Cold Sleep Chamber). She is currently working on a time machine, that has no side effect of loosing memories, I guess (because this part is anime only).

I wrong about Karen's mom, sorry. If you see at eps 8, Kuon already found that time machine (When she was looking for Rinne that was lost for 5 years), but on eps 11 we see when Kuon trying to fix that time machine. History has changed? Or Kuon take it from the hidden island? It's not too important, but I think that must to explain (maybe on eps 12). Oh and btw, how can Setsuna can opened that room on the hidden island with his hand?? On the past, old Setsuna can opened that room too..

Cyanwasserstoff said:
korneliusch said:

Karen´s friends are anime only characters, but that is not important here. The families destiny is to reborn to follow their means of their family name. Garand(o), Kurutsu/Kurtz and O`hara/Ohara. In Rinne´s case it was because her mother used a time machine, but Karin and Sarah were the reincarnations of Sarah and Karen.

This is no plot hole, because the world of ISLAND works that way. It is all along the rules of said world building. It would only be a plot hole, if it cannot be explained by the rules of the fictional world itself. And it was said that the three families have a certain destiny that lead to their reincarnations.

Thank you! A lot of questions already answered 👌🏻 Despite it's not important, but everything must look reasonable, right?
korneliuschSep 12, 2018 8:02 PM
Sep 12, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
We and by WE I mean Anime only people still need to find out who Setsuna had to kill. I mean we never figured that out or were told. So *shrug* KUON best girl ftw
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 12, 2018 11:11 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
korneliusch said:

but on eps 11 we see when Kuon trying to fix that time machine. History has changed? Or Kuon take it from the hidden island? It's not too important, but I think that must to explain (maybe on eps 12).

Rinné (Kuon) will most likely try to fix her past. Therefor she has to keep her memories or the person who might use it for her instead. I think that Setsuna will use her "time machine" this time and maybe will be able to keep his memories. This are anime only speculations, because the Novel did handle it slightly different.

korneliusch said:

Oh and btw, how can Setsuna can opened that room on the hidden island with his hand?? On the past, old Setsuna can opened that room too..

This aspect is anime only, but it is connected with something the VN did describe in a different way. At least this is a great hint about the true origin of Setsuna Sansenkai (his family name was made up by Rinne).

NanatsuNoGem said:
Even if Setsuna go back to past, I think they are on the loop relationship. Kuon who is also Rinne that might followed Setsuna and Rinne being the daughter of Kuon and Setsuna. It's like Sara said. RINNE is the Mother of herself.

Rinne (ISLAND) and Rinné (NEVER ISLAND) are daughter and mother, but they are not the same person. Rinné did try to follow her love Setsuna and she gave birth to her daughter in that time.
That is very important, because the person Setsuna loves from the bottom of his heart is Rinné and not Rinne.

SoraSenpai said:
We and by WE I mean Anime only people still need to find out who Setsuna had to kill. I mean we never figured that out or were told. So *shrug* KUON best girl ftw

In episode 1 he found the answer of your question. "Setsuna must die". Unfortunately the anime adaption did not make the connections to understand the reasoning behind it. It will most likely not to be solved in the anime anymore.

If the last episode will not make the proper connections to that question, I will write the meaning behind it and the reason why he has to kill Setsuna.
Sep 13, 2018 5:59 PM
Sep 2018
Can I please get my question answered . So your saying rinne from the present is his daughter wouldn’t that mean kuon which is rinne’s mother should be name rinne. I thought that that would mean rinne from the past would be rinne from the present’s grandmother but either way I have autism so.
Sep 13, 2018 11:06 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Nikyle_Dinnall said:
Can I please get my question answered . So your saying rinne from the present is his daughter wouldn’t that mean kuon which is rinne’s mother should be name rinne. I thought that that would mean rinne from the past would be rinne from the present’s grandmother but either way I have autism so.

Rinne existence in the year of 1976 - 1999 was only possible through Kuon-Rinné travel through time.

Kuon-Rinné traveled through time and arrived in the year 1976 A.D. . She gave birth to a girl she named Rinne, the only name she remembered at that time, but with a different pronunciation.
Rinne, her daughter will not get pregnant by her own father Setsuna to travel to the age of her mother "Never Island" to give birth to a girl named Rinné.
Kuon-Rinné´s parents are not Rinne and Setsuna, but people who are born in the time of Never Island.

The answer of your question: Rinne is the daughter of Setsuna Sansenkai and Rinné O´hara (current Kuon) and she is not the grandmother of Rinné-Kuon.
Rinné-Kuon had sex with Setsuna before he left her and she managed to travel through time, too. She gave birth to Rinne in a different time then she got pregnant.
Sep 14, 2018 11:53 PM

Sep 2018
Which one of you ever wondered that this was possible to get into a love triangle with your own daughter
Sep 15, 2018 12:23 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
IronicSoul said:
Which one of you ever wondered that this was possible to get into a love triangle with your own daughter

I did not expect it in the VN, so it was a great surprise. In the time of 1999 A.D. Setsuna is 20 years old, Rinne is 17 years old and Rinné (Kuon) is 36 years old. Yeah, a strange combination. Thinking about that Rinne is their daughter and his wife is 16 years older then him, while his daughter is only 3 years younger then him :P
Sep 15, 2018 12:22 PM

Apr 2016
Man... What the fuck even this??? At least the OST sounded especially nice in this episode.
Sep 19, 2018 9:10 AM
Sep 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
korneliusch said:

but on eps 11 we see when Kuon trying to fix that time machine. History has changed? Or Kuon take it from the hidden island? It's not too important, but I think that must to explain (maybe on eps 12).

Rinné (Kuon) will most likely try to fix her past. Therefor she has to keep her memories or the person who might use it for her instead. I think that Setsuna will use her "time machine" this time and maybe will be able to keep his memories. This are anime only speculations, because the Novel did handle it slightly different.

korneliusch said:

Oh and btw, how can Setsuna can opened that room on the hidden island with his hand?? On the past, old Setsuna can opened that room too..

This aspect is anime only, but it is connected with something the VN did describe in a different way. At least this is a great hint about the true origin of Setsuna Sansenkai (his family name was made up by Rinne).

NanatsuNoGem said:

Rinne (ISLAND) and Rinné (NEVER ISLAND) are daughter and mother, but they are not the same person. Rinné did try to follow her love Setsuna and she gave birth to her daughter in that time.
That is very important, because the person Setsuna loves from the bottom of his heart is Rinné and not Rinne.

SoraSenpai said:

In episode 1 he found the answer of your question. "Setsuna must die". Unfortunately the anime adaption did not make the connections to understand the reasoning behind it. It will most likely not to be solved in the anime anymore.

If the last episode will not make the proper connections to that question, I will write the meaning behind it and the reason why he has to kill Setsuna.
Cyanwasserstoff said:
korneliusch said:

korneliusch said:

NanatsuNoGem said:

SoraSenpai said:

I just watched the last episode. You're right, I thought they are the same person... My mistake. It would have been a little bit interesting plot twist if it was. Hahahaha!
Sep 20, 2018 4:01 AM

Mar 2009
So wait, is Never Island(the recent few episodes before this one) in the past or is it the future? As far as the regular Island is concerned, I mean. If it was the past why did Sara look a lot older, not to mention more well-endowed than the regular Sara we know of?
Sep 20, 2018 7:01 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Mormegil said:
So wait, is Never Island(the recent few episodes before this one) in the past or is it the future? As far as the regular Island is concerned, I mean. If it was the past why did Sara look a lot older, not to mention more well-endowed than the regular Sara we know of?

The Sarah of the age of Never Island is not the Sarah of the age of Island. They are the reincarnation of each other, but they are not the same person. They only share the same fate and karma.

It is the same for Karin/Karen of Never Island and Karen of Island.
Sep 21, 2018 3:44 AM

Mar 2009
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Mormegil said:

The Sarah of the age of Never Island is not the Sarah of the age of Island. They are the reincarnation of each other, but they are not the same person. They only share the same fate and karma.

So Never Island takes place in the past, then?

Thank you, by the way.
Sep 21, 2018 4:08 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Mormegil said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

So Never Island takes place in the past, then?

Thank you, by the way.

Yeah, it took place 20,000 years in the past.
Sep 24, 2018 1:35 PM

May 2015
Sweet ol' home Alabama
Oct 2, 2018 10:27 AM

Jun 2011
Dark_-_Shinigami said:
Holy shit I got so confused reading these discussions for the last few episodes, and just realized that Ohara Kuon is a real person totally different from mother Rinné and Rinne is mother Rinné's daughter that apparently Ohara Kuon adopted because she needed to continue the tradition of having a daughter of prophecy for the Ohara family, but couldn't take the fact that she's not her own daughter and tried to kill her, and mother Rinné protected Rinne, and then Norimasa came into the scene and stopped Kuon from killing daughter Rinne? Does that mean that Norimasa killed his own wife and mother Rinné went under disguise to hide his crime? Confused where Setsuna comes in, and at which point did Setsuna and mother Rinné spend the night together in a hut when Norimasa discovered that they're having a relationship?

Mega confused lol.

Cyanwasserstoff said:
Setsuna Sansenkai and Setsuna Ohara are completely different people.
That makes sense, though does that mean that mother Rinné fell in love with Ohara Setsuna after Sanzenkai Setsuna time travelled? And that Sanzenkai Setsuna is the biological dad of daughter Rinne?

Jesus should've named them differently, both mother and daughter have the same name, and there's 2 Setsuna ffs come on..

edit: actually nvm I just read the following posts..

Cyanwasserstoff said:

wtf, wait so NI was 20k years in the past, and they had firearms and everything back then as well? And then Sanzenkai Setsuna time travelled 20k years into the future? When did he use the time freeze capsule to freeze himself after daughter Rinne's death?
ToG25thBaamOct 2, 2018 10:33 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2018 2:34 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
Holy shit I got so confused reading these discussions for the last few episodes, and just realized that Ohara Kuon is a real person totally different from mother Rinné and Rinne is mother Rinné's daughter that apparently Ohara Kuon adopted because she needed to continue the tradition of having a daughter of prophecy for the Ohara family, but couldn't take the fact that she's not her own daughter and tried to kill her, and mother Rinné protected Rinne, and then Norimasa came into the scene and stopped Kuon from killing daughter Rinne? Does that mean that Norimasa killed his own wife and mother Rinné went under disguise to hide his crime? Confused where Setsuna comes in, and at which point did Setsuna and mother Rinné spend the night together in a hut when Norimasa discovered that they're having a relationship?

Mega confused lol.

Yeah, Norimasa killed his own wife by throwing her off the cliff. Rinné was more or less forced into the role of Kuon. She did not had that much of a choice. This was her only way to keep being close to her daughter Rinne.

The daughter Rinne spend the night with Setsuna Ohara. It was not about Rinné, her mother. 5 years before Setsuna Sansenkai woke up on the beach, Setsuna Ohara and Rinne did have a secret relationship and Norimasa found out about this. He decided to kill his own son in order to stop them. He failed at first, but Setsuna Ohara and Rinne fell into the sea and were stranded on the small Island Boryujima.

ToG25thBaam said:

Cyanwasserstoff said:

wtf, wait so NI was 20k years in the past, and they had firearms and everything back then as well? And then Sanzenkai Setsuna time travelled 20k years into the future? When did he use the time freeze capsule to freeze himself after daughter Rinne's death?

Oct 31, 2018 10:24 PM

May 2012
So they both time travelled after all that what happened in the future? Interesting development if you ask me, got a whole lot better now that everything is a bit more clear regarding the whole time travelling.

But with one more episode to go, I really do not know how they will properly finish this anime if you ask me.
Jul 23, 2019 1:23 AM
Apr 2013
Setsuna is second fiddle to the young Rinne and the one he loved fucked another man and made a child. Dude is pathetic
Jan 24, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2018
So yeah, this is time Leap again... Setsuna knows everything, xD
Feb 12, 2023 2:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Critics for the adaptation aside, my problem with the VN for this part is that Rinne x Setsuna is very adorable and it has its own happy ending, which isnt the true route ending, but a "blessful" ending where you are ignorant of everything, BUT when you find out the whole truth about Setsuna going through cycles as ice ages come and go, meeting Rinné first then later meeting their daughter, you start to feel disgusted about yourself for shipping both and for "Kuon" for promoting this fucked up shit, outside that, it was a motherfucker of a twist, one of the better ones, if you can figure it all together, which isnt easy with the VN, but the anime really goings the summary route and properly tells its (if by PROPER one ignores all the flaws in adaptating).

Qio420 said:
whoaa so kuon is rinne from the past? and this timeline rinne is his daughter? but hes trying to give her the d again omg

w.e i support setsuna in his decisions hes the man

It is fucking funny you saying the supporting part, with that LEWD forum avatar of yours, very clear what you are supporting. xD
Nov 20, 2023 12:31 AM

Dec 2022
Setsuna underwent what I like to refer to as the Groundhog Day effect, in that he was able to go back and redo everything the right way. Can't wait to see what happens in the finale.
Dec 3, 2023 9:14 AM
Oct 2014
It's so much fun seeing him guess everything that happens and he is so smug about it XD
Never had so much fun watching a time travel anime before.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Island Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

183 by Cyanwasserstoff »»
Jan 15, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2018

67 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

85 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

51 by Miki42 »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Island Episode 4 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 12, 2018

8 by Miki42 »»
Nov 28, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.