Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 13, 2018 2:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 314
yokris0 said:
So I recently finished S;G 0 myself, and I quickly rewatched the first steins;gate to jog my memory. S;G 0 wasn't bad, but the vibe, or athmosphere was definitely different.

I can understand Okabe being depressed and all that, after all he went through some traumatic experiences, but this went on way too long. Nearly the whole season which was a downer. Before I watched S;G 0 though, I was expecting it to pick up right where it ended last season, however not quite. Instead, it sadly felt like it wasn't going anywhere, until the very last episodes.

By the end of this season, I felt like nothing had been clarified. Nothing had been achieved and finally Okabe is motivated to search for Steins Gate which they should have started with earlier this season and not the very end. So, honestly as sad as it is to say, S;G 0 was kind of pointless, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a new season. They should have just picked up from last season. To my understanding a different company worked on this season, and it shows in the animation.

This about sums it up, though not the whole last season thing since they made an alternate episode 23 almost three years ago to bridge the two seasons. Also it was the same studio, though much of the staff that worked on it was different.
 
Oct 13, 2018 4:39 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
yokris0 said:

By the end of this season, I felt like nothing had been clarified. Nothing had been achieved and finally Okabe is motivated to search for Steins Gate which they should have started with earlier this season and not the very end. So, honestly as sad as it is to say, S;G 0 was kind of pointless, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a new season. They should have just picked up from last season. To my understanding a different company worked on this season, and it shows in the animation.


Did you see the original series? At the end, he reached Steins Gate. Episode 24 of the original is the ending of the whole story

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24
 
Oct 13, 2018 4:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
SheevPalpatine said:
yokris0 said:

By the end of this season, I felt like nothing had been clarified. Nothing had been achieved and finally Okabe is motivated to search for Steins Gate which they should have started with earlier this season and not the very end. So, honestly as sad as it is to say, S;G 0 was kind of pointless, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a new season. They should have just picked up from last season. To my understanding a different company worked on this season, and it shows in the animation.


Did you see the original series? At the end, he reached Steins Gate. Episode 24 of the original is the ending of the whole story

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24


For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing.(skipping 0 wouldn't be bad tho)
 
Oct 13, 2018 5:16 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
cropsini said:
SheevPalpatine said:


Did you see the original series? At the end, he reached Steins Gate. Episode 24 of the original is the ending of the whole story

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24


For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing.(skipping 0 wouldn't be bad tho)


Before you start Zero, you should be aware what it is. It's not a sequel, and not an alternative story. It tells the original story of Okabe (the Okabe who made the Operation Skuld video) which made possible the ending of the original show.

Also you said:
"For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing"

Airing order:
S;G (the whole series)
S;G 23beta
S;G 0
 
Oct 13, 2018 5:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
SheevPalpatine said:
cropsini said:


For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing.(skipping 0 wouldn't be bad tho)


Before you start Zero, you should be aware what it is. It's not a sequel, and not an alternative story. It tells the original story of Okabe (the Okabe who made the Operation Skuld video) which made possible the ending of the original show.

Also you said:
"For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing"

Airing order:
S;G (the whole series)
S;G 23beta
S;G 0


I know what 0 is, but the way it's done makes me sick
 
Oct 31, 2018 7:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7
Nothing new. It's just as bad as SG. You just opened your eyes. There is no story in this anime.
 
Oct 31, 2018 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 425
I stalled halfway through and I don't feel much of an urge to continue watching it, to be honest.
 
Oct 31, 2018 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
cropsini said:
Steins;Gate 0 is one of my biggest disappointments in my life.


That's your problem right there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 31, 2018 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 49
i like steins gate 0 same as i like the original
it add alot of character development to the original

most of people just say oh it's bad where is the mad scientist
like are you kidding with me ?

Steins Gate 0 is about okabe journey to overcome his suffer and pain
we see okabe suffering
for me steins gate was always a psychological series with a touch of sci fi

and Steins gate 0 perfect that
we see how the man is dealing with his suffering
and how does this effect everyone around him

Daru got hill of character development we see a side of daru that we never saw before

Mayuri also got alot of development and arc

this series was perfect addition to complete the story of steins gate
The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.
 
Dec 1, 2018 5:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Golden_Scarlett said:

it has deep plot that solves needed plotline even tho we didn't get it for 7 yrs now


This is factually wrong. Steins;Gate 0, the anime adapts from three sources:

The Epigraph Trilogy (First volume released in 2013)
The Arc-light of the Point at Infinity Drama CD and Manga (Drama CD released in 2010, prior to the original anime)
Steins;Gate 0's visual novel (which in turn also draws from those sources, released 2015).

The story has existed for years, some parts for even longer than the original anime.

SheevPalpatine said:

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24


This is a bad watch order, and pretty much ruins the climax of the original. The only reason to go with this would be on a rewatch. Definitely not recommended for first time viewers.

Proper content consumption order for Steins;Gate (on a first time basis at least) is release order, so:

Steins;Gate (VN or Anime, in its full)
Steins;Gate Episode 23 Beta
Steins;Gate 0 (VN)
Steins;Gate 0 (Anime, at the very least Episode 23 to bring clarity. I'd also recommend watching the anime rendition of Recursive Mother Goose. This can be substituted for the Arc-light Manga or Drama CD)


xILukasIx said:


That's such a weak argument to make.
You're only proving his point, the anime isn't a good adaptation if you need to check the source to make its flaws disappear.


Small Brain: The VN fixing the anime's flaws
Normal Brain: The Anime fixing the VN's flaws
Big Brain: The Anime and VN fixing each other's flaws

The latter is very much the case for Steins;Gate 0. 0 as an anime never really felt intended to be standalone, I think that might even have been said in an interview with Chiyomaru Shikura somewhere, where he implied that it wouldn't be *completely* standalone.


FlareKnight said:
I'd say my biggest issue with this show...is a constant feeling of wondering why it even exists. The whole point in the last few episodes appears to simply be setting up the original ending. This was a completely unnecessary side story that wasn't particularly interesting.

(...)

I can get behind the idea of a what-if scenario or that it makes sense how Okabe fell apart.


Imagine not knowing the fact that half of 0's content existed prior the anime and movie being released.

This post was made by the Wrong-sider gang.


AntwanMantilla said:
It's because White Fox fell into the most common problem that basically every other anime based on a VN does: they try to put in a bit of everything from each route.

Literally all WF had to do was stick with one route but they just crammed in basically most of all the SoL shit from the routes which in turn just makes this in general seem like a big ass filler for most of it's run.

They honestly let me down tbh.


And this would have been literally impossible to do. Silver Link tried to do this with ChäoS;Child and shoehorned a major twist from a side-route. Only adapting a single route of 0 would have defeated the entire purpose of 0 in general. If you can't see this, you missed the entire point.




To re-iterate: The point of Steins;Gate 0 is to showcase the many 'zeroes', that make up the 'one'. We've known since Ouroboros was released that the Beta Attractor Field is one mass recursion scheme, each worldline adding on top of the previous, to end up with one whole, that is: Opening and Achieving the Steins Gate.

Steins;Gate 0 didn't just happen one time. It happened hundreds, if not thousands of times, each time adding one small thing after another. Some didn't add anything, and some added major breakthroughs. This is also why adapting only one route would have been impossible, since in the VN, each individual ending showcases one potential iteration of the Beta Attractor Field, where one Okabe passes on his knowledge to the next. For example, the D-RINE:

"Decieve the world.
Connect the possibilities.
The world can be tricked."

This D-RINE, combined with the Promised Rinascimento arc is what made Okabe realise that Kurisu can be saved, if he decieves himself in 2010. Everything culminates in one thing: Operation Skuld, which requires three major things in order to take place:

Operation Arc-light needs to happen.
The Nostalgia Drive Mail (Video D-Mail) needs to be sent. This, of course, requires him to figure out that the world is decieveable.
Okabe needs to disappear from 2025 before the Nostalgia Drive Mail is sent.

I hope this post has cleared up some confusion.
Modified by Davixxa, Dec 1, 2018 5:22 PM
If you were to become God, and your delusions became reality, just what kind of things would you imagine?
Is it a world filled with lust?
A tyrannical society?
Destructive punishment?
Or...
 
Dec 2, 2018 3:00 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2
Don't know what you're problem is. I liked it. And I think those scenes so many people were complaining about even the fanservice parts were good, because it showed the happy relationships they had, which was part of the plot in S;G, but never really showed that much in S;G. And no, it's not an alternative story, this show is the missing part to S;G, we learn a lot about the plot, that we don't learn in the first part. It's true, it's not as good as the sequel, but that doesn't make it bad. All this hate towards the show makes me sick.
 
Dec 3, 2018 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1124
Detective1412 said:
Obviously cuz there aren't Christina. They replaced Christina with that shitty loli bait, Hiyajo.
she might be shit, she might be bait, but ultimately she is a loli.

her being a loli throws any criticism out the window
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
 
Dec 14, 2018 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 185
Here are the reasons why I think it is bad:
- Okabe degraded from best character to worst
- Generic superhuman anime action scenes
- Trash characters like Mayuri's cosplay friends and woman professor, they were literally not shown in the later half of the show
- Dangling story, like why Mayuri's friend had Reading Steiner or why was Yuki getting hurt like she was one of the assailants, or why the hell Kagari is a clone of Kurisu
- Too many forced emotional scenes. Are we expected to care about Kagari?
- Character interactions and dialogues degraded a lot. There were good episodes like episode 8, 21, 22.

I don't think the story is bad or has any plot holes. It could be a good show with 10 episodes or so.
People should stop complaining about other people on their signatures
 
Dec 16, 2018 2:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Lol wtf are u guys saying?? Steins; gate 0 has the true ending of Steins Gate and it was really very awesome, if u guys loved the original steins; gate then I don't see any reason for you to hate so much on this one lol
 
Dec 16, 2018 2:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Abrar535 said:
Lol wtf are u guys saying?? Steins; gate 0 has the true ending of Steins Gate and it was really very awesome, if u guys loved the original steins; gate then I don't see any reason for you to hate so much on this one lol


We already provided our reason on why Steins;Gate 0 was crappy so many times on this thread and lots of other threads on this website and Reddit so I don't feel like repeating myself again so I'll just say that this anime wasn't anywhere near the OG Steins;Gate.

And by the way, just because this anime had the "true ending" it doesn't mean that everything else about this anime was good either, it was mediocre at best with a couple of memorable episodes. And no, just because I love the OG Steins;Gate it doesn't mean that I will also love a mediocre sequel, that's fanboyism.
 
Dec 30, 2018 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 701
Just finished the VN and I have a question: How did Okarin manage to send D-rine from "The Promised Rinascimento" timeline into "Vega and Altair" timeline? He did not just send it into past, but into absolutely different alternative timeline. How? I couldn't find any explanation of this.
 
Dec 30, 2018 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 90
ITT: Absolute brainlets
 
May 16, 11:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
UrbanSpaceman said:
Just finished the VN and I have a question: How did Okarin manage to send D-rine from "The Promised Rinascimento" timeline into "Vega and Altair" timeline? He did not just send it into past, but into absolutely different alternative timeline. How? I couldn't find any explanation of this.


Because otherwise there would be no way to reach the true ending. The story would contradict itself if the D-rine was sent before the 2 timelines branched. Don't think about it, the VN has terrible writing, is awful compared to the first VN and this anime made that difference even worse. S;G 0 isn't awful compared to S;G, it's awful compared to pretty much anything, one of the worst shit I've ever seen (and I didn't even finished it, knowing what was coming after playing the VN)
 
May 17, 4:45 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
UrbanSpaceman said:
Just finished the VN and I have a question: How did Okarin manage to send D-rine from "The Promised Rinascimento" timeline into "Vega and Altair" timeline? He did not just send it into past, but into absolutely different alternative timeline. How? I couldn't find any explanation of this.



I answered this question as I remember... I don't know why it was deleted.

So, the truth is that the D-RINE which was sent from Promised Rinascimento, IS NOT THE SAME, which was received in the Vega and Altair branch. They are 2 different D-RINEs, only their text is the same.

There are 3 known D-RINEs in the story:
- the one which was sent in PR - we don't know when Okabe received it
- the one which was received in VA - we don't inow where it came from
- the one which was received in the anime, and it was shown in MWC - we don't know where it came from.


The anime is not an adaptation. It is the expansion of the VN, with a new route. A new route which leads directly to the true ending. In the VN there was no direct route to the true ending. In the VN, the true ending is only a chapter, which is not the direct continuation of any of the other routes.


In terms of worldline iteration chronology, the events of the anime takes place between VA and MWC. The anime is not really an adapation, it's like the 8th and final route of the VN.

Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. You can play 7 different routes in the VN. Every route begins with Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and every route ends with Suzuha traveling back from 2036. When a route ends, a new route starts. Iterate the routes over and over again, until you reach the starting point of the anime. Then the anime will take you directly to the true end, MWC.

The whole point of 0 was that there is countless failed worldlines and futures which needed to reach Steins Gate, because you can't get to Steins Gate directly. You need to try dozens, thousands, or a million times to reach it. So there was many Okabe who tried to reach it, but only the last Okabe (anime Okabe) succeeded. But the other Okabes was also needed for the success.
 
May 18, 3:27 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 3
Oonokami said:
Here are the reasons why I think it is bad:
- Okabe degraded from best character to worst
- Generic superhuman anime action scenes
- Trash characters like Mayuri's cosplay friends and woman professor, they were literally not shown in the later half of the show
- Dangling story, like why Mayuri's friend had Reading Steiner or why was Yuki getting hurt like she was one of the assailants, or why the hell Kagari is a clone of Kurisu
- Too many forced emotional scenes. Are we expected to care about Kagari?
- Character interactions and dialogues degraded a lot. There were good episodes like episode 8, 21, 22.

I don't think the story is bad or has any plot holes. It could be a good show with 10 episodes or so.


I think you hit on every issue perfectly my man. People here are arguing that it's a different show to the original and that they shouldn't expect elements from it like Kurisu or the mad scientist, but that was what made the original show good and what people enjoyed from it. Why wouldn't they expect that in the sequel? And I'm getting tired of all these poorly written convenient plot devices in all shows as well. Oh, so Kurisu happened to AI clone herself? And she has an identical clone from the future? And she had a close friend this whole time that she never communicated with or mentioned? Awfully convenient that all of those things just so happened to happen.

I couldn't enjoy the new characters like Mako either. They fell too hard into the classic sequel tropes "I'll never be as good as the great previous character, because they were so great, and I am so not great, compared to their greatness." Who the hell ever talks like that? Why is that in like every anime sequel that tries to introduce new characters?
 
May 18, 3:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4350
If it's bad, then it wouldn't be in the Top 100 on MAL.
 
May 18, 3:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7040
Because it's completely UNNECESSARY to the original story. It's just not needed, at all.

It completely ruins the characters we had established, is a clusterfuck of multiple ideas that hardly fit the original, introduces multiple new characters, pretty much all of them uninteresting. The best being Maho, but still has the annoying, ham-fisted, repeated 10 times "Kurisu is Mozart and I am Salieri" bullshit.

One girl has reading steiner, why? What's the point? It's never explained, touched about it any meaningful way, nor does it bring anything to the story.

Why is Kagari almost a Kurisu clone (to the point Okabe is confused for a second)? How in the flying fuck can you do something like this and just never explain it?

THE FUCKING CARICATURE OF AN ANTAGONIST IS A FUCKING JOKE. This has no place in any anime that tries to be serious.

All the plotlines are just stupid, completely sentient AI copied of a human being is suddenly created? And seemingly as a main point of the series, but overall amounts to very little for most of the show.
Kagari being some brainwashed warrior awakened by music (HOW RETARDED IS THAT), the whole hacking in into Kurisu's computer. Everything is just not interesting, silly, or both. And doesn't hold a candle to anything happening in the original.
The resolution is stupid and so over the top, not fitting the original at all, Ferris and Ruka being fighters in the dystopian world is just silly fanservice (and even then, many years later, in dire circumstances, Ferris is still doing the silly nya thing, why?) .
The fights are retarded and so unfitting, people cutting heads with their palms, Mayuri looking visibly older and growing huge tits in a span of what, half a year? Okabe being dressed all black all the time ( LOOK THIS GUY IS SAD AND HE LOST AN IMPORTANT PERSON) it is all so CHEAP.

The first season was tight, exciting, had brilliant directing, awesome atmosphere from the very start, and loveable characters. It was awesome. I was excited and having fun through the whole show.

Zero is a fucking joke, it's a cheap collection of many silly ideas, that barely hold together with one another, and is most of all just unnecessary. It has almost none of the great direction of the original. It's at all times either boring, or makes you groan with the stupid shit they come up with. The one good, touching episode (when Okabe returns to the other timeline for an episode), is pretty much fanservice.

To me Zero is not canon. I will never watch it again, while I will surely return to the original multiple times
Modified by Imaishi, May 18, 3:56 AM
 
May 21, 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6386
Not sure about the rest of you.

But I enjoyed it a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 22, 2:45 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
Imaishi said:
It completely ruins the characters we had established


Which characters? If you want to say that Okabe was ruined, then it was the premise of the show. And it was well known from 2015 that he will be like this in 0, because of what happened to him before. He has PTSD.

Imaishi said:
is a clusterfuck of multiple ideas that hardly fit the original


Everything in this show fits in the original well (in the aspect of time-travel logic, but i don't really know what did you want to say by this...)

Imaishi said:
One girl has reading steiner, why?


No, Fubuki has no Reading Steiner.

Imaishi said:
completely sentient AI copied of a human being is suddenly created?


In Steins;Gate, Okabe and Daru accedentally created a time machine from a MICROWAVE. And do you have complaints that scientist could do an almost perfect AI from digitalized memories (which Kurisu used in the original too fro the time leap machine anyway, so you can't say that it came from nowhere)

Imaishi said:
The resolution is stupid and so over the top, not fitting the original at all


What do you mean by that?

Imaishi said:
To me Zero is not canon


Without the events of Zero, the ending of the original anime would be impossible. And Zero didn't break any rules (unlike the movie). Therefore, it is canon.
 
May 23, 12:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 16
Even with all the flaws in this anime.

I Still love it
 
May 24, 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 225
SheevPalpatine said:

Which characters? If you want to say that Okabe was ruined, then it was the premise of the show. And it was well known from 2015 that he will be like this in 0, because of what happened to him before. He has PTSD.

No only Okabe, but Mayuri's character arc from the first series is thrown in the garbage, Suzuha is a completely different character, Daru does some stuff he would never do and does it out of the blue, Faris, Lukako, Moeka and Mr.Braun are just plot devices that act based on what they should do to move the story forward.

SheevPalpatine said:

Everything in this show fits in the original well (in the aspect of time-travel logic, but i don't really know what did you want to say by this...)

He probably meant it as a whole, including the characters.

SheevPalpatine said:

No, Fubuki has no Reading Steiner.

She does. In fact, everyone does and that has been established since the first series. The problem in 0 is that this should've been some major plot point, but it goes nowhere and Fubuki's character is redeemed useless.

SheevPalpatine said:

In Steins;Gate, Okabe and Daru accedentally created a time machine from a MICROWAVE. And do you have complaints that scientist could do an almost perfect AI from digitalized memories (which Kurisu used in the original too fro the time leap machine anyway, so you can't say that it came from nowhere)

The science behind the Phonewave and Time Leap is at least explained and makes sense in context. The AI thing is not.

SheevPalpatine said:

What do you mean by that?

S;G 0 is over the top all-around. It doesn't do what's logical, but what's cool.

SheevPalpatine said:

Without the events of Zero, the ending of the original anime would be impossible. And Zero didn't break any rules (unlike the movie). Therefore, it is canon.

It would be possible because most of it is left for you imagination. And honestly it's debatable if it's canon or not seeing how much 0's anime diverges from the VN.
 
May 24, 11:37 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
EdHaku said:

Mayuri's character arc from the first series is thrown in the garbage

What the hell are you talking about? She was in love with Okabe in the original Steins;Gate too, it was well known since 2009.

EdHaku said:

Suzuha is a completely different character

Except that she isn't. She is different from the Alpha Suzuha, indeed. But Alpha Suzuha and Beta Suzuha are like 2 totally different entities, with totally different experiences from the future.
And even in the original VN (not in 0), when Okabe meets the Beta Suzuha first, he thinks that "this is not the always smiling Suzuha from Alpha". Actually, this Suzuha is perfectly the same character who appeared at the end of the original Steins;Gate, so I don't know where the problem is...

EdHaku said:

Daru does some stuff he would never do and does it out of the blue

Again, what the hell are you talking about?

EdHaku said:

He probably meant it as a whole, including the characters.


The characters wasn't ruined. This is a different show, with different style, with different mood, with different themes. It never supposed to be the same as the original.

EdHaku said:

She does. In fact, everyone does and that has been established since the first series.


No, this never was established. You confuse faint memories and Reading Steiner. Faint memories is about remembering some events from previous worldlines. Reading Steiner is not about remembering. Reading Steiner is basically memory rewriting between worldlines.

Reading Steiner activates if at the exact time of the WL shift

  • Okabe is alive in the new worldline too
  • The new worldline's Okabe's memories are largely different than the old worldline's Okabe's memories


If Reading Steiner activates (because the 2 conditions I wrote before are true), then the previous worldline's Okabe's memories overwrite the new worldline's Okabe's memories. That's the Reading Steiner. And in this case, Okabe won't remember the current worldline's events.
And we only saw one person who exactly has this kind of ability: Okabe Rintaro. We never saw this in other's cases. We only saw faint memories, which are different than this.

EdHaku said:

The science behind the Phonewave and Time Leap is at least explained and makes sense in context. The AI thing is not.

If the time leap was explained, then the AI is explained too. Because the AI is the consequence of the time leap's mechanics.

EdHaku said:

It doesn't do what's logical

Examples?

EdHaku said:

And honestly it's debatable if it's canon or not seeing how much 0's anime diverges from the VN.

Because this anime is not the adaptation of the VN.

It is the expansion of the VN, with a new route. A new route which leads directly to the true ending. In the VN there was no direct route to the true ending. In the VN, the true ending is only a chapter, which is not the direct continuation of any of the other routes.

In terms of worldline iteration chronology, the events of the anime takes place between VA and MWC. The anime is not really an adapation, it's like the 8th and final route of the VN.

Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. You can play 7 different routes in the VN. Every route begins with Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and every route ends with Suzuha traveling back from 2036. When a route ends, a new route starts. Iterate the routes over and over again, until you reach the starting point of the anime. Then the anime will take you directly to the true end, MWC.

The whole point of 0 was that there is countless failed worldlines and futures which needed to reach Steins Gate, because you can't get to Steins Gate directly. You need to try dozens, thousands, or a million times to reach it. So there was many Okabe who tried to reach it, but only the last Okabe (anime Okabe) succeeded. But the other Okabes was also needed for the success.

 
May 24, 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 225
SheevPalpatine said:

What the hell are you talking about? She was in love with Okabe in the original Steins;Gate too, it was well known since 2009.

I never mentioned she being in love with Okabe was the problem.

SheevPalpatine said:

Except that she isn't. She is different from the Alpha Suzuha, indeed. But Alpha Suzuha and Beta Suzuha are like 2 totally different entities, with totally different experiences from the future.
And even in the original VN (not in 0), when Okabe meets the Beta Suzuha first, he thinks that "this is not the always smiling Suzuha from Alpha". Actually, this Suzuha is perfectly the same character who appeared at the end of the original Steins;Gate, so I don't know where the problem is...

You missed my point again. I'm referring to the way this "new" Suzuha turned out. Not sure what the OP meant.

SheevPalpatine said:

Again, what the hell are you talking about?

His attitude is completely different from the original S;G. His aggressive behavior towards Okabe is stupid and out of place when in actuality the one who punches him in the novel is actually Suzuha. Some of his dialogues are really weird and out of character too.

SheevPalpatine said:

No, this never was established. You confuse faint memories and Reading Steiner. Faint memories is about remembering some events from previous worldlines. Reading Steiner is not about remembering. Reading Steiner is basically memory rewriting between worldlines.

What are you talking about? Faris and Lukako's memories were rewritten in the first series, that's why they were so confused. It's the same here. In fact, Fubuki is not the only one being affected by it, as there are more patients in the hospital. They all have Reading Steiner, just not as strong as Okabe's.

SheevPalpatine said:

If the time leap was explained, then the AI is explained too. Because the AI is the consequence of the time leap's mechanics.

The AI memories were explained, not how the AI itself works.


Lukako's sword fighting, Faris saying "nyan nyan" in the middle of a warzone, Okabe leaping back in time like 3000 times or something, episode 22 just being extremely over the top and unnecessarily dramatic, Amane Yuki's death in the future, and also her getting hurt just being a useless plot point for the anime, the fight in the rooftop, the missile... There might be many more I noticed when I watched, but I'm not going to remember everything since it's been quite a while.


SheevPalpatine said:

Because this anime is not the adaptation of the VN.

It is the expansion of the VN, with a new route. A new route which leads directly to the true ending. In the VN there was no direct route to the true ending. In the VN, the true ending is only a chapter, which is not the direct continuation of any of the other routes.

In terms of worldline iteration chronology, the events of the anime takes place between VA and MWC. The anime is not really an adapation, it's like the 8th and final route of the VN.

Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. You can play 7 different routes in the VN. Every route begins with Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and every route ends with Suzuha traveling back from 2036. When a route ends, a new route starts. Iterate the routes over and over again, until you reach the starting point of the anime. Then the anime will take you directly to the true end, MWC.

It's still not canon lol. And the anime does change some major plot points even from the true route.
 
May 25, 2:10 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 335
EdHaku said:

I never mentioned she being in love with Okabe was the problem.

Then what was the problem with her?

EdHaku said:

You missed my point again. I'm referring to the way this "new" Suzuha turned out

Then explain it.

EdHaku said:

His attitude is completely different from the original S;G. His aggressive behavior towards Okabe is stupid and out of place when in actuality the one who punches him in the novel is actually Suzuha.

He was aggressive with Okabe only once, in situation, and it was completely understandable in that situation (ep16).

EdHaku said:

What are you talking about? Faris and Lukako's memories were rewritten in the first series, that's why they were so confused

Umm, no? They have no Reading Steiner. Only Okabe has it. Look at Lukako's example, firstly from Okabe's point:

Worldline 1:
- 1993 August: Lukako born as a boy
- 2010 August: Okabe sends a D-Mail to 1993 to change Lukako's gender -> WL2, Reading Steiner activates for Okabe.

Worldline 2:
- Early 1993: Lukako's mother gets the D-Mail
- 1993 August: Lukako born as a girl
- 2010 August: Okabe arrives to this worldline from WL2 with Reading Steiner. Which means that he has the memories of Worldline 1, but has no memories about Worldline 2. So he doesn't know that Lukako is now a girl until he checks it.

Now, let's see this from Lukako's point, who has no Reading Steiner:

Worldline 1:
- 1993 August: Lukako born as a boy
- 2010 August: Okabe sends a D-Mail to 1993 to change Lukako's gender -> Lukako has no Reading Steiner, so his memories are completely rewritten by the memories from Worldline 2

Worldline 2:
- Early 1993: Lukako's mother gets the D-Mail
- 1993 August: Lukako born as a girl
- 2010 August: Okabe arrives to this worldline from WL2 with Reading Steiner. Lukako only has the memories of Worldline 2, but only has faint memories about Worldline 1 (and faint memories need some trigger to remember) That's why she is confused, when Okabe starts talking about that she is actually a boy. She has no idea what Okabe talking about.
When Okabe saves her in the street, that's the trigger for the faint memories. She has a faint memory about Worldline 1, where she was a boy, and Okabe saved him. But still, her memories weren't rewritten by the memories of Worldline 1. Which means, this is no Reading Steiner, this is a completely different thing. The same goes for Faris, Fubuki, and the others too.
Check this thread, you can read about faint memories, Reading Steiner, and lots of other stuff about the rules of Steins;Gate: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8nioce/an_attempt_at_a_complete_theory_of_steinsgate/

EdHaku said:

Okabe leaping back in time like 3000 times or something

What's wrong with it?

EdHaku said:

episode 22 just being extremely over the top and unnecessarily dramatic

Except that 0-Okabe will never meet with Kurisu again.

EdHaku said:

It's still not canon lol. And the anime does change some major plot points even from the true route.


Then read my statements again, because looks like you didn't understand.
Firstly, the VN has no "true route". It only has a true end chapter, which unlocks, if you completed the PR and VA routes. But that true end chapter has no direct connection to any other routes of the VN.
So, how could the anime change major plot points from a route, which doesn't exist in the VN, and it was never shown? This anime was the first media, which showed the true end route of Steins;Gate 0.

Every route in the VN is canon, and happened in the story, because Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. Every route is one of those iterations. You can play 7 different routes in the VN. Every route begins with Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and every route ends with Suzuha traveling back from 2036. When a route ends, a new route starts. None of them are true ending routes. These are official FACTS from the Amadeus Scriptbook (an official behind the scenes book about 0 VN)
If you iterate the routes of the VN over and over again, in some order, you will reach the starting point of the anime. And the anime route is the true ending route, which directly leads to the Milky Way Crossing ending. So the anime's story is not the adaptation of the VN's routes. It is a separate route. A separete iteration, which takes place after the iterations of the VN. I hope you will understand now what I'm talking about.

For better understanding, here are the complete chronology of all events of Steins;Gate:

 
May 25, 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 225
SheevPalpatine said:

Then what was the problem with her?

Her main character moment, the slap she gives Okabe and the reasons for doing so is ruined.

SheevPalpatine said:

Then explain it.

Just lazying around instead of actually doing something herself that's not trying to convince Okabe. She knows the original Okabe failed to attain Steins;Gate and is going down the same route now.

SheevPalpatine said:

He was aggressive with Okabe only once, in situation, and it was completely understandable in that situation (ep16).

You should probably re-watch the series. There were 3 episodes he was like that.


They have full memories, that's why they are confused. Otherwise they could just dismiss it as a dream. Faris remembered everything about how Akihabara was, how is that just a "faint memory"? And honestly, it doesn't really matter. Calling it Reading Steiner is just a convenience. Doesn't change neither disproves my point that Fubuki's character is useless.

SheevPalpatine said:

What's wrong with it?

The motivation behind it is stupid. It's definitely not something that 0's Okabe would have done with all the depression he had. It's just too much mental stress for a depressed Okabe to handle (or at least that's what we are led to believe, since he doesn't even want to try and save Kurisu again)

SheevPalpatine said:

Except that 0-Okabe will never meet with Kurisu again.

Yes. The way it's handled is still pretty cheesy and over-dramatic.
 
Jun 1, 4:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
Steins;Gate 0 is definitely *not* bad. It is, actually, quite great.

The visual novel was better. I'd argue it's as good as the original. Sadly, the adaptation did not do it complete justice - but still great imo.

Yeah there are tons of people bashing it, but anyone with a brain could've seen that coming. This was all expected well before it aired
Mickdrew said:
S;G 0 is great and I love it as much as the original, but I guarantee you most people won't agree and it'll probably stabilize around 8.50 or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 1, 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 129
Okabe was just boring without his alter ego tbh. Also, the plot took a long time to develop; a lot of boring slice of life stuff in the first half of the series.
 
Jun 1, 10:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Imaishi said:
Because it's completely UNNECESSARY to the original story. It's just not needed, at all.

It completely ruins the characters we had established, is a clusterfuck of multiple ideas that hardly fit the original, introduces multiple new characters, pretty much all of them uninteresting. The best being Maho, but still has the annoying, ham-fisted, repeated 10 times "Kurisu is Mozart and I am Salieri" bullshit.

One girl has reading steiner, why? What's the point? It's never explained, touched about it any meaningful way, nor does it bring anything to the story.

Why is Kagari almost a Kurisu clone (to the point Okabe is confused for a second)? How in the flying fuck can you do something like this and just never explain it?

THE FUCKING CARICATURE OF AN ANTAGONIST IS A FUCKING JOKE. This has no place in any anime that tries to be serious.

All the plotlines are just stupid, completely sentient AI copied of a human being is suddenly created? And seemingly as a main point of the series, but overall amounts to very little for most of the show.
Kagari being some brainwashed warrior awakened by music (HOW RETARDED IS THAT), the whole hacking in into Kurisu's computer. Everything is just not interesting, silly, or both. And doesn't hold a candle to anything happening in the original.
The resolution is stupid and so over the top, not fitting the original at all, Ferris and Ruka being fighters in the dystopian world is just silly fanservice (and even then, many years later, in dire circumstances, Ferris is still doing the silly nya thing, why?) .
The fights are retarded and so unfitting, people cutting heads with their palms, Mayuri looking visibly older and growing huge tits in a span of what, half a year? Okabe being dressed all black all the time ( LOOK THIS GUY IS SAD AND HE LOST AN IMPORTANT PERSON) it is all so CHEAP.

The first season was tight, exciting, had brilliant directing, awesome atmosphere from the very start, and loveable characters. It was awesome. I was excited and having fun through the whole show.

Zero is a fucking joke, it's a cheap collection of many silly ideas, that barely hold together with one another, and is most of all just unnecessary. It has almost none of the great direction of the original. It's at all times either boring, or makes you groan with the stupid shit they come up with. The one good, touching episode (when Okabe returns to the other timeline for an episode), is pretty much fanservice.

To me Zero is not canon. I will never watch it again, while I will surely return to the original multiple times


I've been debating over this quite a lot on MAL and Reddit a couple of months ago and I completely agree with everything you said. I won't say anything else because I already repeated myself plenty of times over this mediocre anime over and over again in my debates but I'm just glad to see people seeing Steins;Gate 0 for what it really is, just another mediocre anime with a couple of good episodes like episode 8 which I consider a masterpiece. Unfortunately this had way WAY more shitty episodes than good and doesn't hold a candle to the OG Steins;Gate.
 
Jun 2, 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:

I've been debating over this quite a lot on MAL and Reddit a couple of months ago and I completely agree with everything you said. I won't say anything else because I already repeated myself plenty of times over this mediocre anime over and over again in my debates but I'm just glad to see people seeing Steins;Gate 0 for what it really is, just another mediocre anime with a couple of good episodes like episode 8 which I consider a masterpiece. Unfortunately this had way WAY more shitty episodes than good and doesn't hold a candle to the OG Steins;Gate.


Mate, you just have an opinion that some other people agree with - that's all.
So calm down with your "seeing Steins;Gate 0 for what it really is" self-righteous clowning.

You didn't like it, someone else might. The concept of "right/wrong" does not apply here
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 6:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
xZabuzax said:

I've been debating over this quite a lot on MAL and Reddit a couple of months ago and I completely agree with everything you said. I won't say anything else because I already repeated myself plenty of times over this mediocre anime over and over again in my debates but I'm just glad to see people seeing Steins;Gate 0 for what it really is, just another mediocre anime with a couple of good episodes like episode 8 which I consider a masterpiece. Unfortunately this had way WAY more shitty episodes than good and doesn't hold a candle to the OG Steins;Gate.


Mate, you just have an opinion that some other people agree with - that's all.
So calm down with your "seeing Steins;Gate 0 for what it really is" self-righteous clowning.

You didn't like it, someone else might. The concept of "right/wrong" does not apply here


Well to be fair your statement also applies to people saying that Steins;Gate 0 is awesome or some crap, that's also an opinion so it doesn't make it true either, the concept of "right/wrong" doesn't apply there as well.
 
Jun 2, 6:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:
Mickdrew said:


Mate, you just have an opinion that some other people agree with - that's all.
So calm down with your "seeing Steins;Gate 0 for what it really is" self-righteous clowning.

You didn't like it, someone else might. The concept of "right/wrong" does not apply here


Well to be fair your statement also applies to people saying that Steins;Gate 0 is awesome or some crap, that's also an opinion so it doesn't make it true either, the concept of "right/wrong" doesn't apply there as well.


....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 6:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
xZabuzax said:


Well to be fair your statement also applies to people saying that Steins;Gate 0 is awesome or some crap, that's also an opinion so it doesn't make it true either, the concept of "right/wrong" doesn't apply there as well.


....


How original, posting a Christopher Hitchens video as a response to my comment doesn't make your response witty or anything but I do love how Christopher Hitchens exposed the absurdity of religion.

Just be out with it and say that you "love" Steins;Gate 0 and consider that mediocre anime to be awesome or some shit because that's the only reason you even bothered to respond to my comment, is because you hate the fact that some people consider that anime to be mediocre and sure, I also hate the fact how some people consider that mediocre anime to be awesome as well.
 
Jun 2, 6:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:
Mickdrew said:


....


How original, posting a Christopher Hitchens video as a response to my comment doesn't make your response witty or anything but I do love how Christopher Hitchens exposed the absurdity of religion.

Just be out with it and say that you "love" Steins;Gate 0 and consider that mediocre anime to be awesome or some shit because that's the only reason you even bothered to respond to my comment, is because you hate the fact that some people consider that anime to be mediocre and sure, I also hate the fact how some people consider that mediocre anime to be awesome as well.

Dude, all you had to do is scroll up...
Mickdrew said:
Steins;Gate 0 is definitely *not* bad. It is, actually, quite great.

The visual novel was better. I'd argue it's as good as the original. Sadly, the adaptation did not do it complete justice - but still great imo.

Yeah there are tons of people bashing it, but anyone with a brain could've seen that coming. This was all expected well before it aired
Mickdrew said:
S;G 0 is great and I love it as much as the original, but I guarantee you most people won't agree and it'll probably stabilize around 8.50 or something.

lmao

Also, Hitchens exposing religion or whatever has literally nothing to do with anything. I posted that because I thought your point was obvious and fatuous - and nobody could make that point more eloquently than the Hitch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 6:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
xZabuzax said:


How original, posting a Christopher Hitchens video as a response to my comment doesn't make your response witty or anything but I do love how Christopher Hitchens exposed the absurdity of religion.

Just be out with it and say that you "love" Steins;Gate 0 and consider that mediocre anime to be awesome or some shit because that's the only reason you even bothered to respond to my comment, is because you hate the fact that some people consider that anime to be mediocre and sure, I also hate the fact how some people consider that mediocre anime to be awesome as well.

Dude, all you had to do is scroll up...
Mickdrew said:
Steins;Gate 0 is definitely *not* bad. It is, actually, quite great.

The visual novel was better. I'd argue it's as good as the original. Sadly, the adaptation did not do it complete justice - but still great imo.

Yeah there are tons of people bashing it, but anyone with a brain could've seen that coming. This was all expected well before it aired

lmao

Also, Hitchens exposing religion or whatever has literally nothing to do with anything. I posted that because I thought your point was obvious and fatuous - and nobody could make that point more eloquently than the Hitch


And there you have it, you like Steins;Gate 0 and I consider that anime and the VN to be mediocre. So according to your logic we are both neither "right or wrong" huh?
 
Jun 2, 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:
Mickdrew said:

Dude, all you had to do is scroll up...

lmao

Also, Hitchens exposing religion or whatever has literally nothing to do with anything. I posted that because I thought your point was obvious and fatuous - and nobody could make that point more eloquently than the Hitch


And there you have it, you like Steins;Gate 0 and I consider that anime and the VN to be mediocre. So according to your logic we are both neither "right or wrong" huh?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 6:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
xZabuzax said:


And there you have it, you like Steins;Gate 0 and I consider that anime and the VN to be mediocre. So according to your logic we are both neither "right or wrong" huh?



I stopped at the 2nd spoiler, next.
 
Jun 2, 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
oh well, your loss
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 6:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
oh well, your loss


I disagree but if that's your opinion then I guess it doesn't make it "Right or Wrong" huh?

lol
 
Jun 2, 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:
Mickdrew said:
oh well, your loss


I disagree but if that's your opinion then I guess it doesn't make it "Right or Wrong" huh?

lol


...

Is... is this the first time you've learnt what an opinion is?
o_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 6:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
xZabuzax said:


I disagree but if that's your opinion then I guess it doesn't make it "Right or Wrong" huh?

lol


...

Is... is this the first time you've learnt what an opinion is?
o_o


Nope. I do hate when people praise mediocrity though.

Anyways this conversation isn't getting anywhere, at this point we are just throwing shit at each other like monkeys so I will stop this conversation with you because it's just a waste of time for both of us.
 
Jun 2, 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:
Mickdrew said:


...

Is... is this the first time you've learnt what an opinion is?
o_o


Nope. I do hate when people praise mediocrity though.

Anyways this conversation isn't getting anywhere, at this point we are just throwing shit at each other like monkeys so I will stop this conversation with you because it's just a waste of time for both of us.


Actually this is where we start making progress:

"Nope. I do hate when people praise mediocrity though"

This. This confuses me. What do you mean, exactly? Are you saying that people praise shows they think are mediocre? You do understand that if the people doing the praising thought SG0 was mediocre then... they wouldn't be praising it, right?
They *don't* think it's mediocre.

Understand?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 7:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 325
Mickdrew said:
xZabuzax said:


Nope. I do hate when people praise mediocrity though.

Anyways this conversation isn't getting anywhere, at this point we are just throwing shit at each other like monkeys so I will stop this conversation with you because it's just a waste of time for both of us.


Actually this is where we start making progress:

"Nope. I do hate when people praise mediocrity though"

This. This confuses me. What do you mean, exactly? Are you saying that people praise shows they think are mediocre? You do understand that if the people doing the praising thought SG0 was mediocre then... they wouldn't be praising it, right?
They *don't* think it's mediocre.

Understand?


Sure, they are praising it because they don't think it's mediocre but then again, we have people praising Berserk 2016/2017 as well and they consider that anime to be awesome even though it's mediocre and thanks to this type of mentality some anime studio will keep providing mediocrity. This isn't always the case but it can happen. Berserk is one of the best mangas around and it deserved better than that.

The same goes for One Punch Man season 2, that anime studio is providing us with mediocrity when season 1 was pretty darn awesome. Season 2 is being extremely lazy with those blurry shaky camera in the action scenes to hide the bad animation and this type of shit happens in every episode, this is being way too lazy and is taking that mediocre route and yet, some people are still praising shit like this.

The same thing happened with Steins;Gate 0 in my opinion and I won't go through that again because I already debated over this plenty of times here in MAL and Reddit.
 
Jun 3, 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5505
xZabuzax said:
Mickdrew said:


Actually this is where we start making progress:

"Nope. I do hate when people praise mediocrity though"

This. This confuses me. What do you mean, exactly? Are you saying that people praise shows they think are mediocre? You do understand that if the people doing the praising thought SG0 was mediocre then... they wouldn't be praising it, right?
They *don't* think it's mediocre.

Understand?


Sure, they are praising it because they don't think it's mediocre but then again, we have people praising Berserk 2016/2017 as well and they consider that anime to be awesome even though it's mediocre and thanks to this type of mentality some anime studio will keep providing mediocrity. This isn't always the case but it can happen. Berserk is one of the best mangas around and it deserved better than that.

The same goes for One Punch Man season 2, that anime studio is providing us with mediocrity when season 1 was pretty darn awesome. Season 2 is being extremely lazy with those blurry shaky camera in the action scenes to hide the bad animation and this type of shit happens in every episode, this is being way too lazy and is taking that mediocre route and yet, some people are still praising shit like this.

The same thing happened with Steins;Gate 0 in my opinion and I won't go through that again because I already debated over this plenty of times here in MAL and Reddit.

I guess the question becomes: who gets to decide what is mediocre and what isnt?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 3, 1:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 2

I do not agree with you ... even if 0 is not as good as its predecessor, it still presents some very interesting things: the logic behind the AMADEUS system, the way in which that time line was built without the kurisu (A timeline where SERN, or rather, FB and moeka help okabe in the kagari problem and theorizing who might be behind the time machine information). Apart that completed some things of the first season, until we did not know who was the Okabe of the video that Suzu shows for okarin in season 1. the 0 gave us an answer, along with the whole plot passed by the first Okarin who reached the steins gate. This first one, in the case, is the Okarin of steins gate 0, the same one that sent the video
;)
 
Jun 4, 7:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 8
Lintahloo said:

I do not agree with you ... even if 0 is not as good as its predecessor, it still presents some very interesting things: the logic behind the AMADEUS system, the way in which that time line was built without the kurisu (A timeline where SERN, or rather, FB and moeka help okabe in the kagari problem and theorizing who might be behind the time machine information). Apart that completed some things of the first season, until we did not know who was the Okabe of the video that Suzu shows for okarin in season 1. the 0 gave us an answer, along with the whole plot passed by the first Okarin who reached the steins gate. This first one, in the case, is the Okarin of steins gate 0, the same one that sent the video
;)

Very true,it's a whole different timeline altogether so crying about the absence of our beloved Makise/Christina is not gonna make it any worse. It's a matter of perspective and the main point is even though it's a good anime,the way people think is quite rigid. It's due to that rigidity that the anime got a bad name, nothing else.
We should be glad that we atleast GOT a second Season. For a fan who was waiting this long, it didn't disappoint.
I heard that the Season 1 was Alpha timeline. Steins;Gate 0 was Beta and that there also might be Gamma in the future, maybe till 2025 so explain "Kagari". Whether she was Makise's descendent or ancestor and am waiting patiently for it.
At last who knows it's Steins;Gates wish whether we get a new season or not😂😂😂...
This timeline was just made this way so we must try to enjoy the Amadeus incidents along with the new characters like Hiajo...I think the little girl was a good enough character from my perspective and so was Professor Lesconon.
The show is about finding and appreciating it's true beauty but watching MAL high score of the previous season and then judging it with an ultimatum like that is absurd...
The last few episodes were a complete blast as it left us with unanswered questions which still holds my interest for another season although I know it's not happening anytime soon, but then life is about patience right?🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »